Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Daniel Malmedahl (born 1980) is a computer components salesman from Gothenburg, Sweden who is best known for developing the "ring ding ding" voice of the Crazy Frog.[1] The sound was created while trying to create an imitation of a two-stroke moped engine. In late-2003, Malmedahl's fellow Swede Erik Wernquist encountered the sound effect and was inspired to create the 3D animation "The Annoying Thing" (Crazy Frog) to accompany it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Phallological_Museum

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

axolotl farmer posted:

Daniel Malmedahl (born 1980) is a computer components salesman from Gothenburg, Sweden who is best known for developing the "ring ding ding" voice of the Crazy Frog.[1] The sound was created while trying to create an imitation of a two-stroke moped engine. In late-2003, Malmedahl's fellow Swede Erik Wernquist encountered the sound effect and was inspired to create the 3D animation "The Annoying Thing" (Crazy Frog) to accompany it.
gently caress the crazy frog but that website with the f1 car was funny as poo poo.

or maybe it was just poo poo idk it's been a while

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

gently caress the crazy frog but that website with the f1 car was funny as poo poo.

this reminded me of a much better car related flash thing with better music and sound design

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/yesandno

old as the internet but still funny

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

that guy never came up with that sound, unless he did it when he was like 15/16, because i heard it in the mid 90s

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

that guy never came up with that sound, unless he did it when he was like 15/16
:milkie:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

this reminded me of a much better car related flash thing with better music and sound design

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/yesandno

old as the internet but still funny

ah, i remember that one

and i *still* don't understand the one where you suddenly have to throw away garbage while leaving your car running in the middle of the street

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
well the premise of the video is that we are all idiots in our individual ways, so

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Philip Sandifer, in a conference paper, looks at the phenomenon of ghost data as an example of the demo in video games. He argues that the demo, generally speaking, represents a "pure act of play" that creates a pseudo-player Sandifer calls Player ε — the null player. This allows a hypothetical dynamic of play, as opposed to one that is bound up in an actual physical contact between a real player and a real video game controller.

In the case of ghost data, Sandifer argues that the game uses ghost data to create a Player ε who exists at the exact threshold of the actual player's ability and the theoretical "ideal player" that all video gaming fantasizes about being. When the ghost character is finally overtaken, Sandifer claims that it gives "the feeling of breaking through the constraints of a particular and flawed performance of the implied player into a sense, albeit a false one, of perfect harmony with the game. This perfect harmony is then, at the end of the race, literally encoded into the game as the next Player ε when the player’s run becomes the new ghost data."

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Install Gentoo posted:

Philip Sandifer, in a conference paper, looks at the phenomenon of ghost data as an example of the demo in video games. He argues that the demo, generally speaking, represents a "pure act of play" that creates a pseudo-player Sandifer calls Player ε — the null player. This allows a hypothetical dynamic of play, as opposed to one that is bound up in an actual physical contact between a real player and a real video game controller.

In the case of ghost data, Sandifer argues that the game uses ghost data to create a Player ε who exists at the exact threshold of the actual player's ability and the theoretical "ideal player" that all video gaming fantasizes about being. When the ghost character is finally overtaken, Sandifer claims that it gives "the feeling of breaking through the constraints of a particular and flawed performance of the implied player into a sense, albeit a false one, of perfect harmony with the game. This perfect harmony is then, at the end of the race, literally encoded into the game as the next Player ε when the player’s run becomes the new ghost data."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Install Gentoo posted:

http://amazon.com/Philosophy-Through-Video-Games-Cogburn/dp/0415988586/

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
How can we learn about aesthetics, ethics and divine attributes from
Zork, Grand Theft Auto, and Civilization?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

buttcoin smuggler posted:

How can we learn about aesthetics, ethics and divine attributes from
Zork, Grand Theft Auto, and Civilization?
i'm the line break

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
How can Wii Sports teach us about metaphysics?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The company was sued in 2003 by Charles Grady, who claimed that his throat had been damaged because of eating Doritos. According to him, the shape and rigidity of the chips made them inherently dangerous. Grady attempted to admit into evidence a study by a former chemistry professor that calculated how best to safely swallow the chips. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court later ruled that the study did not meet scientific standards and could not be presented as evidence.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

theflyingexecutive posted:

my fav is pope hilarius
next up will be pope caligula

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a helpful disambiguation page which leads nowhere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Blackburn

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

a helpful disambiguation page which leads nowhere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Blackburn
barbara blackburn (actress) had the only "barbara blackburn" page on wikipedia and the title didn't needlessly specify her actresshood. it was a stub saying that she was in the dark shadows remake and it existed because a wikisperg watched the show once.

then other wikispergs read a guinness and knew what had to be done.

except that after the disambiguation page had been created and vapid oval office actress barbara's page had been appropriately retitled the wikispergs got distracted by trains and anime and never got around to writing typewriter barbara's article.

then everybody realized that the original barbara probably didn't need an entire article anyway and it got deleted after a painful protracted bureaucratic process. since wikispergs can't let anything go they left up the disambiguation page for POSterity.

:bravo:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh, thanks, i'm glad i know that now

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

oh, thanks, i'm glad i know that now
i pulled all that out of my rear end but you know it's true.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Disconnecting_Google_reader_date.jpg

screenshot.jpg :spergin:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a shameful screenshot in the most shameful format

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_Republican

Casual Male XL Fan
May 26, 2008

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta, Georgia, Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[5] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[6] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Casual Male XL Fan posted:

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta, Georgia, Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[5] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[6] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
not actually worthless, i am a better person for having read this

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Orthostatic headache is a medical condition in which a person develops a severe headache while vertical and the headache is relieved when horizontal.[1][2][3]

Casual Male XL Fan
May 26, 2008

Category: Chess players who committed suicide.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Population

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Datuk Ibrahim Hussein (13 March 1936 – 19 February 2009)[1] was a Malaysian artist. His main medium was one he devised himself and called "printage" – a combination of printing and collage.[2]

printaaaaaaaage

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
my primary medium is a combination of defecation and sculpture, i call it posting

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Trig Discipline posted:

my primary medium is a combination of defecation and sculpture, i call it posting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_shit

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
there was a funny line that i wanted to quote but then i noticed the one under it and then i realized that i'd just end up copying the whole article.

so i did:

Artist's poo poo (Italian: "Merda d'artista") is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each 30 grams and measuring 4.8x6.5cm, with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:
Artist's poo poo
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly preserved
Produced and tinned
in May 1961
At the time the piece was created Manzoni was producing works that explored the relationship between art production and human production, Artist's Breath ("Fiato d'artista"), a series of balloons filled with Manzoni's breath, being an example.
A tin was sold for €124,000 at Sotheby's on May 23 2007;[1] in October 2008 tin 083 was offered for sale at Sotheby's with an estimate of £50-70,000. It sold for £97,250. The cans were originally to be valued according to their equivalent weight in gold — $37 each in 1961 — with the price fluctuating according to the market.[2]
One of Manzoni's collaborators, Agostino Bonalumi, claimed that the tins are full not of faeces but plaster;[3] in contrast Manzoni's girlfriend Nanda Vigo, who helped him produce the cans, claimed the contents really were faeces.[citation needed] Vigo's assertion is disputed by Manzoni's brother and sister.[citation needed] An art dealer from the Gallery Blu in Milan claims to have detected a fecal odour emanating from a can.[4]
The piece received media coverage due to a lawsuit in the mid-1990's, when an art museum in Randers, Denmark was accused by art collector John Hunov of causing leakage of a can which had been on display at the museum in 1994. Allegedly, the museum had stored the can at irresponsibly warm temperatures. The lawsuit ended with the museum paying a DKK 250,000 settlement to the collector. [5]

:golfclap:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it seems like there's a really easy way to figure out what's inside I just can't put my finger on it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
good luck re-selling it out of its original packaging :rolleye:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

I just can't put my finger on it

that's good though. don't touch the poop

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem_in_popular_culture#cite_note-18

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
exceptionally funny and v. worthless but how exactly did you find that?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Darkspore&diff=545329471&oldid=545317122

pity it'll be reverted in a few hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm the the the of one of the the the the to the of the