Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry but seeing people say Bioshock stories are anything but bitchout garbage, just gets me going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IdealFlaws posted:

Hahaha I thought this same exact thing. I thought the old guns looked stupid. I got hooked on the game when I found creative ways of making trap rooms by hacking everything. Using environmental kills as much as possible while saving precious ammo felt really goomba-stomp. I played through infinite even though i hated that the new focus was on-rails shooter. I really dug infinite's story though.. so that kept me going

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The """"New"""" focus????? gently caress off.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Bioshock stories are written by gigantic pussy's who can't stay on any side of any fence, instead of just going for it, which makes you wonder why they'd try to make a statement in the first place. It's embarrassing and offensive. Hahah cool, the wage labor auction in capitalism town, where you bid to work as long for as little as possible. Hmmm, but you know, sometimes the people trying to overthrow the cartoonishly evil system are actually the bad guys. Shut the hell up.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It making me... sick, to my stomach.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*while using fidget spinner wisely* My take was always a Dickensian one involving not only the fact that the gilded cage may in fact aactually be bad, but also creating Trap Rooms whilst enemy AI, too stupid to understand my intricate Home Alone style setups, dropped like flies. A delicious cheese pizza just for me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*while using fidget spinner wisely* My take was always a Dickensian one involving not only the fact that the gilded cage may in fact aactually be bad, but also creating Trap Rooms whilst enemy AI, too stupid to understand my intricate Home Alone style setups, dropped like flies. A delicious cheese pizza just for me.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*observing fidget spinner with my head tilted back looking down over my nose and nodding subtly*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Or should I say, chicken dinner? *giggles exactly like Knox Harrington*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WQelp, I've been triggered by the newly outed Bioshock lover, and my week long streak of sobritety has come to an end. Congratulations IdealFlaws.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IdealFlaws posted:

Hahaha I thought this same exact thing. I thought the old guns looked stupid. I got hooked on the game when I found creative ways of making trap rooms by hacking everything. Using environmental kills as much as possible while saving precious ammo felt really goomba-stomp. I played through infinite even though i hated that the new focus was on-rails shooter. I really dug infinite's story though.. so that kept me going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvt_RCqvBnc&t=6s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmfao

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Lol gently caress all yous

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This is, sincerely, too much about Bioshock to read or pay attention to.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol @ all these posts

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I think I'll skip part two of burial at sea and play system shock 2 instead

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

The """"New"""" focus????? gently caress off.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Elite Dangerous in VR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

bioshock 1 is extremely goomba-stomp

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao. Merry Xmas Eve everyone.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wormskull posted:

Sorry but seeing people say Bioshock stories are anything but bitchout garbage, just gets me going.

I think the opening of Infinite is pretty cool, but then it all falls apart.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Bioshock stories are written by gigantic pussy's who can't stay on any side of any fence, instead of just going for it, which makes you wonder why they'd try to make a statement in the first place. It's embarrassing and offensive. Hahah cool, the wage labor auction in capitalism town, where you bid to work as long for as little as possible. Hmmm, but you know, sometimes the people trying to overthrow the cartoonishly evil system are actually the bad guys. Shut the hell up.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Merry Xmas! I usually bring out the Dreamcast on Xmas eve and play Soul Calibur and other old games with my cousins so I'll probably be doing that tonight

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Elite Dangerous in VR

Elite Dangerous, but not in VR.

Control Volume posted:

Lmao its the autism wishlist. Anyways let me know how they are because these look like my sort of games

I ended up refunding Barbarossa because it turned out not to be what I was expecting—I thought that the political decision system was going to be your primary way of interacting with the game and the war would kinda play itself based on the choices you made, but it turned out to be a standard war game with a political events system on top of it. My bad for going off the trailers instead of watching game gameplay or anything. No judgement on it, it seems like it would be cool if I wanted a more traditional wargame, but I didn’t. Planet Coaster is a modern carbon copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon from what I can tell, which is exactly what I wanted. I got hooked on Bomber Squadron, though, it’s like the crew management part of FTL got its own game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

IdealFlaws posted:

Merry Xmas! I usually bring out the Dreamcast on Xmas eve and play Soul Calibur and other old games with my cousins so I'll probably be doing that tonight

Your Dreamcast should always be hooked up wtf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

still too sick to play anything thats actually challenging, so i'll probably keep playing dq builders. game's great, its super cute and building a town is really nice and feels rewarding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to watch Christmas related crap on TCM all day while playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 minigames and drinking. Merry Christmas all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m going to my mom’s house for the Italian feast of seven fishes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I think I'll skip part two of burial at sea and play system shock 2 instead

You'll miss out on the great ending yhough (a protracted scene of your teenage girl protagonist being slowly + brutally tortured to death in first person)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

still too sick to play anything thats actually challenging, so i'll probably keep playing dq builders. game's great, its super cute and building a town is really nice and feels rewarding

i liked it a lot, although was not a huge fan of the boss fights wrecking up my little dollhouse world. i wish that they had online a little better in terms of sharing buildings, but the sandbox part is also fun.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
CoD WWII and FFXV’s Assassins Creed DLC

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Picked up Bleed 2 on the steam sale. The first one was really good but this is great, think I'll be playing it for a while. Think it was Arf who recommended it and he was right.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
bleed 1 is super underappreciated but the amount of precision it gave me when air dashing in slow mo absolutely clicked and made me anticipate bleed 2 to a ridiculous degree. Bleed 2 is practically a fun treasure-esque boss rush and i love it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I liked the first one but not enough to play it over and over like I definitely will with this one. I loved the basic gameplay but it had some annoying parts. The flow and pacing in 2 is perfect, the spritework and everything is so good

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Merry Xmas imp zone. Probably gonna continue with my Witcher 3 playthrough, might finish up Persona 5, hell maybe some more bloodborne. It's good to game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought a few cheap adventure games on steam, and i'm giving those a try

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
which ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I don't think I've played through a real adventure game since The Longest Journey.

Breath of the Wild has me in its power again, might play some old school roguelikes too.