Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm a landowner now. What productive use can I put a 30x 100 plot to, considering that a 24 x 30 house already occupies most of it? Help YOSPOS.

rent it to local towns to use it as a dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Soldier of Fortran posted:

you absolutely did. even nexus devices are lousy with os level bugs, and god help you* if you have to deal with the c/java bridge.

*me :cry:

I never learned anything about mobile development. Thank god.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

poty posted:

rent it to local towns to use it as a dump

That sounds like it will make a lot of money, but I have to live here. Please advise.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

imma gonna interrupt gunchat to ask for a yospinion:

my iphone6 has failed. again. About a 9 months ago, I stopped getting carrier signal, they gave me a new phone right before my warranty was up. Today, I find out the same thing has happened. I'm not up for renewal for a few months, so I'm trying to figure out what way I wanna go.

is it: get the 6s and hope that they have engineered this thing right so the antenna doesn't stop working

get the steve extreme and the same.

I'm kind leaning towards the se cause i use my phone as mostly, you know, a phone.

the only diff between the 6s and the se afaik is the screen. the one on the 6s is bigger better quality and has 3d touch

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

That sounds like it will make a lot of money, but I have to live here. Please advise.

ooohhh im sorry your majesty

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Citizen Tayne posted:

Besides meth. What the gently caress, dude.

it's called a joke

mineral rights? get it?

nevermind yes get a grill get all the grills

my big house purchase was a nice Traeger smoker, not because I'm a huge BBQ nut, but because I wanted to have something nice that requires a home to have one and a Traeger fit the bill and people go apeshit over my smoked salsa. Where i just smoke the onions and jalapenos, and roast romas under a broiler, salt it up add cilantro, cuisinart it up. instant fav.

it's good poo poo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

please dont roast romas

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Sniep posted:

it's called a joke

mineral rights? get it?

nevermind yes get a grill get all the grills

my big house purchase was a nice Traeger smoker, not because I'm a huge BBQ nut, but because I wanted to have something nice that requires a home to have one and a Traeger fit the bill and people go apeshit over my smoked salsa. Where i just smoke the onions and jalapenos, and roast romas under a broiler, salt it up add cilantro, cuisinart it up. instant fav.

it's good poo poo.

definitely would second a traeger they are very good grills

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
grow your own food and become self sufficient. get solar panels. disconnect from the grid. build a high wall around your property. collect rainwater. turn your sewage into compost. declare independence. be a free man.

also to the other guy, buy the Steve Edition. if you don't care about screen size, it is the best phone.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Snapchat A Titty posted:

please dont roast romas

why not? it just happens to be the cheapest tomatoes at the store so i used them for the salsa and worked out really well so i keep doing so.

what's wrong with that specifically?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

The Management posted:

grow your own food and become self sufficient. get solar panels. disconnect from the grid. build a high wall around your property. collect rainwater. turn your sewage into compost. declare independence. be a free man.

i just get the septic pumped instead of composting my own poop

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Sniep posted:

why not?

they've been oppressed enough, :hitler:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:thejoke:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

steve wozniak is a loving embarrassment

https://www.techinasia.com/talk/steve-wozniak-walking-billboard-hire

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Other than Xiaomi, the Woz has backed … *deep breath* … Bernie Sanders, Edward Snowden, Lego, Windows Phone, the San Jose Angels football team, Tesla, Segway, Kim DotCom, Android, Toyota Prius, SPG Keyless, Comic Con, Cadillac, Datsun (now Nissan), US Robotics, Mayday, Robot Guitar, Yotaphone, and Cathode Corner. There’s probably a lot more that I missed, not to mention the dozens of projects he’s backed on Kickstarter.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

think about what that makes you for a bit

i only endorse one company and i do it for free

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

woz is a loving has-been, content with riding the coattails of much better men

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

woz was & is a huge nerd

did some cool nerd stuff once in a while decades ago but he is basically a poop man

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
woz is exactly the type of nerd that doesn't understand why linux hasn't killed Microsoft on the desktop. I.e., completely detached from what normal humans want and, ironically, totally unqualified to comment on apple.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

if someone wants to pay me 100 grand to say a router is good, i'm down

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

also this article was already posted

quote:

Edit: An earlier version of this article mentioned Wozniak having several branded products including vodka, a fashion line, perfume, and hamburger chain. That came from a satirical article and is not true. I apologize for the error. The rest of the article still stands.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wozka

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
woz actually was a genius but his brain was damaged in a plane crash and everyone is just pretending not to notice for 35 years

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Soldier of Fortran posted:

if you have a sufficiently new version of android that wasn't hosed up by sarnsung or w/e, it does exist. it's just very hidden (settings -> apps -> <app name> -> notifications) and is just a bad UI in general. i only know because of having the misfortune to write something that depends on Android notifications.

actually you just long press on the annoying notification and turn it off. wow hard

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

poty posted:

the only diff between the 6s and the se afaik is the screen. the one on the 6s is bigger better quality and has 3d touch

steve edition has lovely touch id vs. normal touch id

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's fine though

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

he is basically a poop man

Thats what a diet of Bloomin Onions will do to you

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

why cadillac?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
uh the woz owns even despite his manchild maturity level.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Millstone posted:

steve edition has lovely touch id vs. normal touch id

1st gen touch id is better than 2nd gen

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the cult of woz is quite pathetic, not in the way the apple/jobs cult is good for poking fun at, rather the sort of sad but uninteresting kind of pathetic

also this may very well be true:

creationist believer posted:

woz actually was a genius but his brain was damaged in a plane crash and everyone is just pretending not to notice for 35 years

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Management posted:

also to the other guy, buy the Steve Edition. if you don't care about screen size, it is the best phone.

I wish those self-contained domestic nuclear batteries would have caught on

I did learn that in Japan you can buy a kit that lets you use your Nissan Leaf EV as an emergency home generator and it will power most homes for 48 hours

poty
Jun 21, 2008

woz is great

at being a huge red flag that a tech conference where he speaks is a pointless money grab from marketing vcs who dont get tech

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

again, I think getting paid 50k to say "this phone seems good so far" would own

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Puppy Galaxy posted:

again, I think getting paid 50k to say "this phone seems good so far" would own

it would be great now, but if i was a millionaire, meh

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

being a sell out is bad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i wouldn't fault woz for endorsing products. who cares

i fault him for this

quote:

I try to educate Janet from my own learning but she doesn't remember subtle things that one never uses. So one time, to better educate Janet, I pushed the button by the driver's left knee (2009 or earlier models), which disable the keyless entry system, and the ability to start your Prius without putting the key into the ignition. As I drove toward home in my Prius my cellphone rang. It was Janet screaming that I was driving away with her key. I'd just driven her Prius to a parking spot by my own Prius. But now her Prius would not start. I calmly told her that I did not have her key. It took awhile to ask where she'd put her key and to calmly tell her to look there (her purse) and she found it. Then I told her calmly to put it in the ignition. When she got home I showed her the button. She will NEVER forget that lesson. I consider it an example of good teaching.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i fault him for this

woz's brain is broken. im sure for him seeing any new gadget is like giving a retard a pastry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jesus loving christ please find a different way to express things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i fault him for this

agreed, owning a prius is pretty bad