Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
So let's say I wanted to uninstall FNIS, and then install Nemesis, would I have to uninstall all FNIS-dependent mods first, then run FNIS again to undo the animations, then install Nemesis and any dependent mods? Do I do it all at once, or one at a time?

The problem I ran into was that I'm playing Skyrim VR, and it doesn't play nice with some versions of Papyrus, like you have to hunt down the version that works for VR and I finally got it all working. But FNIS was crashing like every ten minutes until I wiped half the mods that used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Im thinking uninstall of fnis isnt required as ive seen videos where the modder seems to have both running. None mention removing fnis.

Edit: Nemesis looks to be working fine alongside fnis.

Burns fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 2, 2021

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

docbeard posted:

It's been a while since I've had to deal with this, but I think it's down to LOOT's rules conflicting with each other. You'll probably have to dig into the LOOT metadata for the mods that are throwing this error, because there are rules telling it to sort some mod into two different places. This can either be explicit (like a Load After rule) or something like the way LOOT's categories are arranged. Sorry I can't be more precise, like I said it's been some time since I've actually dealt with it.

Is there a chance some of this could be resolved if some files were merged even if LOTD says to load them separately? Right now I'm at 556 plugins after strictly following the steps, and I'm not sure how to shrink it down.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nucleic Acids posted:

Is there a chance some of this could be resolved if some files were merged even if LOTD says to load them separately? Right now I'm at 556 plugins after strictly following the steps, and I'm not sure how to shrink it down.

I...maybe? Exactly what instructions are you following? Are some of those ESL-flagged, I hope?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

docbeard posted:

I...maybe? Exactly what instructions are you following? Are some of those ESL-flagged, I hope?

I've been following LOTD, but I might have resolved. And I've flagged out about as many as I can so far.

I think I might need to go back and double-check my work.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Spaseman posted:

Is there a way to import a character face that someone already made so I don't have to spend hours pushing sliders only to create a weird monster with eyes as wide as a fish?

If you're using either Racemenu or Enhanced Character Edit, you can download presets for that system and import them. They also have a bunch of new sliders, let you use racial hair / warpaints, and a bunch of other editing functions.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Here’s my favorite race menu preset, it’s horrific

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86658

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Thumbtacks posted:

Here’s my favorite race menu preset, it’s horrific

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86658

oh man those user images are choice

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you wanted to demake an Argonian surely Morrowind would've worked out :raise:

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
Does anyone have any smaller player homes they recommend? I've been through the skyrim SE nexus and found a couple that were ok but all had some small problem that was annoying me.

Routa: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1193 - Lacks an enchanter (though I consoled one in) and is right on top of Windhelm, if it was more secluded it'd be perfect.

Ironback Hideout: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47835?tab=images - I don't know why it annoys me when the smith and smelter are in basements, would rather have them outside

Mammoth Manor: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9710?tab=images - Super cramped crafting area inside

At this point maybe I should just try and get the creation kit to run under Linux and try modifying one of these myself.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

I like this one
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30005

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47941

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Retrograde posted:

Does anyone have any smaller player homes they recommend? I've been through the skyrim SE nexus and found a couple that were ok but all had some small problem that was annoying me.

Routa: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1193 - Lacks an enchanter (though I consoled one in) and is right on top of Windhelm, if it was more secluded it'd be perfect.

Ironback Hideout: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47835?tab=images - I don't know why it annoys me when the smith and smelter are in basements, would rather have them outside

Mammoth Manor: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9710?tab=images - Super cramped crafting area inside

At this point maybe I should just try and get the creation kit to run under Linux and try modifying one of these myself.

Frost Side Retreat: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280483473

I really like this one, but as you can see it’s got a couple of hurdles to it. It’s a Steam Workshop mod for Skyrim LE, so you’ll need to have the original Skyrim to download it, then take the files from the download, punt them over to SE through your mod manager, and then load and save the plugin in Creation Kit to make it SE friendly.

Also it’s got some weird and poorly placed coin spawns in it that result in a bunch of coins infinitely spawning in between the cupboard and the stone wall causing a really annoying clunking sound, so I had to go through and manually delete all of them in xEdit.

But like I said, once I got all that poo poo sorted I really like this one.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

nine-gear crow posted:

Frost Side Retreat: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280483473

I really like this one, but as you can see it’s got a couple of hurdles to it. It’s a Steam Workshop mod for Skyrim LE, so you’ll need to have the original Skyrim to download it, then take the files from the download, punt them over to SE through your mod manager, and then load and save the plugin in Creation Kit to make it SE friendly.

Also it’s got some weird and poorly placed coin spawns in it that result in a bunch of coins infinitely spawning in between the cupboard and the stone wall causing a really annoying clunking sound, so I had to go through and manually delete all of them in xEdit.

But like I said, once I got all that poo poo sorted I really like this one.

Thanks for the suggestions, I just tried loading the creation kit in a win10 vm and lol at the speed so I don't think that's an option for me! If you want to share your already prepared esp I'd be very ok with that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Eli's Breezeholm is just a super well equipped Breezeholm, but good it you want to base in Whiterun https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2829
Rayek's End is a cool little cave hideout with all the features, and autosorting stuff going on as well. Looks great. Located along the river between Whiterun and Riverwood. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8285

The Hideway is so loving close to being my perfect survivalist base. It's a little cave on the edge of the Dawnstar border, and you need to craft all the amenities. It looks cool and is well designed, but there are a few buggy aspects that shy me away from using it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10649?tab=files

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Does anyone have access to any good guides for using Lexy's LOTD (finally got it working after many weekends of work) and adding new mods into it? Right now I'm looking at Vigilants and LC_Build Your Own Noble House, but just any good breakdowns in general would helpful, like on Reddit or anything.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 9, 2021

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Nucleic Acids posted:

Does anyone have access to any good guides for using Lexy's LOTD (finally got it working after many weekends of work) and adding new mods into it? Right now I'm looking at Vigilants and LC_Build Your Own Noble House, but just any good breakdowns in general would helpful, like on Reddit or anything.

Adding stuff to it is going to depend wildly on the fine particulars of the stuff, just given the sheer number of mods that Lexy's crams together and the heap of specifically Lexy-made custom patches on top of that to fix compatibility issues.

bobsmyuncle
Feb 21, 2006

aw yiss
Just finished Enderal since the SE version came out and I never got oldrim on PC. I largely agree with the old Enderal thread consensus that there's a good game in there somewhere but the writing is, hoo boy. There was way too much script induced paralysis while someone monologues at you about ~ religion ~ and how horrible people are. I liked the new third ending the most, where everything works out but it's probably all a dream in your dying mind. The catharsis ending is good but the brave new world one was just depressing. So my PC lives forever as some kind of illusion since the character I actually created is dead, and what? Jespar grows old and dies and then she waits around for humans to re-evolve? Christ that sounds horrible.

I had the most fun exploring, but I probably missed a lot. I dunno if I'm up to a second play through but if I did I would probably avoid the main quest until I was bored. I'd still recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it, it was definitely an experience, but I can tell most of their talent were on the technical side and the writing was heavy on the crapsack world trope.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I only got about halfway through the plot on the Oldrim version and there was a bit too much monologuing but honestly the writing isn't any worse than base Skyrim's.

And honestly the monologuing is also an issue with base Skyrim.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Any recommendations for a Wabbjack pack with a good combat overhaul? Been playing with The Phoenix Flavor and the changes are cool but I think I'm kind of looking for more mechanical changes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Elysium

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Retrograde posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53084

I particularly liked this one for my Altmer playthrough.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Another problem with Enderal (and Nehrim and a lot of other 3rd party mods) is that they over do the landscape greebles. When every square foot of terrain is covered by tall grass and bushes and trees and mushrooms it makes exploring worse, it makes playing worse, and it just plain doesn't look as good. It's like the equivalent of a Liefeld character completely covered in pouches or something over designed by Joe Mad.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 18, 2021

Burns
May 10, 2008

Has anyone run in to a merchant mod that changes what merchants buy or sell? For example, taverns and inns should offer prepared foods and drink only and look to purchase fresh produce or drink. Butchers prefer to buy meat from hunters. Mines sell ore or ingots only wheras smiths want ore or ingots primarily.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Burns posted:

Has anyone run in to a merchant mod that changes what merchants buy or sell? For example, taverns and inns should offer prepared foods and drink only and look to purchase fresh produce or drink. Butchers prefer to buy meat from hunters. Mines sell ore or ingots only wheras smiths want ore or ingots primarily.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but isn't that standard? There's a perk that let's you sell anything to any merchant specifically so you can sell that pair of dragonbone boots to a wandering drug dealer :v:

I mean, usually the only thing I can sell in a tavern is food and salt, and market stalks only take like items etc.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Rainbow Knight posted:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but isn't that standard? There's a perk that let's you sell anything to any merchant specifically so you can sell that pair of dragonbone boots to a wandering drug dealer :v:

I mean, usually the only thing I can sell in a tavern is food and salt, and market stalks only take like items etc.

Yes and no i suppose. Maybe i am seeking sonething more specific.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't think any go into the detail you might be looking for, but look at Economy Overhaul & Speechcraft Improvements.

It does a lot of economy related stuff, but it also trims down the lists that merchant types can buy or sell. There might be some combination of settings that will get what you're looking for.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Okay, so i replaced some old faithfuls like verdant , vivid weathers and real water with newer stuff. Replaced FNIS with Nemesis fully. I cleaned the dlcs and mods and 304 (about half are esl flagged) plugins later the ride into helgen went off without a hitch.

There is just one nagging persistent bug that causes a ctd. I was scrolling through alvors shop inventory and bam as soon as i touched a hide shield the game ctd'ed.

The second issue is that i cant level up. Gsme ctds when i press OK after selecting magicka health or stamins. This issue is beyond me.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Haha so that was a bust. I finally decided to learn MO2. I can see why it gets the praise
Im starting to like it over the other managers. It took only 9 years to get me to install it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Everyone's MO2 journey is like this:

My way works and MO2 is too complicated.
My poo poo's crashing and doesn't work.
I spent 30 seconds to learn MO2 and it's like witnessing the second coming.

Burns
May 10, 2008

What are the better ncp appearance mods? Pride of Skyrim looks good for males. What are good female complimentary mods. I prefer the ones where they arent super models.

Also, has anyone seen a campfire replacer for the campfires in Campfire mod? I hate the ugly stone blocks and want to change it to match Embers XD.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47541

It's so FLUFFY!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

a heartless death machine no matter the fluffy. They must be killed on sight

Burns
May 10, 2008

In mod organizer, if i go over 254 plugins there wont be a problem as it recognizes esl files correct? Also, regarding the left panel - does it matter how its organized? Im mostly leaving mods as i install them but see comments about priority so just want clarification.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burns posted:

In mod organizer, if i go over 254 plugins there wont be a problem as it recognizes esl files correct? Also, regarding the left panel - does it matter how its organized? Im mostly leaving mods as i install them but see comments about priority so just want clarification.

Yes, MO2 recognizes ESLs. The value you need to pay attention to is the hex value of the last ESP in the Plugins panel. Anything below FF and you’re golden.

Also you can download pre-made separators for ease of organization. The Phoenix Flavour has a pretty decent preset you can use to group things together even if you never use their recommended mod load out.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

it's advised to use .esp flagged ESLs (ESPFE) instead of actual .esl because ESPFEs abide by load order while .esl always load after your ESMs/plugins flagged as esm

if a mod author releases a .esl version you can usually just rename the extension to .esp to make it ESPFE assuming they compacted the records properly or start converting them yourself in xEdit

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Burns posted:

The one thing to really pay attention in the left panel is file conflicts (those little lightning bolts with + and - next to them). That will tell you which version of a file makes it into your final setup. You can go into the information window of a given mod to look at file conflicts in more detail, too.

Otherwise, yeah, just organize things however you want.

Burns
May 10, 2008

One issue i am seeing is that enchantment suffixes arent displaying. So i assume its something to do with Morrowloot Ultimate, Summermyst or loot °radation.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's also worth noting that MO2 has a plug-in counter built into it. Above the plug-ins pane there's a number that looks like a digital clock. That's the total number of active plug-ins of all types (ESM, ESP, ESL, etc.). If you hover your cursor over that, it will explicitly tell you how many of each are active.

ESMs and ESPs (normal ESPs, not ESPs flagged as ESLs) are up to a limit of 254 or whatever. ESLs and ESP-FEs are like... thousands? But limited to only 2048 (or 4096? I forget) records per ESL/ESP-FE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

It seems a lot of mods like Frostfall, campfire and Immersive Creatures that predate SE seem to have all kinds of problems with meshes, textures etc and related CTDs in SE. Im reading some discouraging comments on Immersive Creatures although there seems to be a patch to fix some issues.