Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Just keep some pads on-hand dude, drat. It's perfectly normal to ask for a pad or tampon if you need it.

Sending them to someone who

A) has a bunch of pads and poo poo on-hand
and
2) is more qualified to deal with matters related to health and so on

is a problem for you because?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

edogawa rando posted:

Sending them to someone who

A) has a bunch of pads and poo poo on-hand
and
2) is more qualified to deal with matters related to health and so on

is a problem for you because?

wasn't there just a post where some schools don't have nurses anymore?

AITA for saying I should have had only sons?

quote:

I (49f) got married to my husband (53m) got married in 2019. We both had kids from previous relationships, I had 4 kids (20m, 22f, 30m and 32m) and he had a daughter (20f).

Now, I love my husband and I love my kids, and I se his daughter almost as one of my own (I’ve known her since she was 13). The thing is I don’t get on all that well with either my daughter or my stepdaughter, I simply think that the boys are easier. My stepdaughter still lives with us from time to time, she comes over every other week or so. Like I said, I find her difficult.

Ever since I first met her she has claimed to have “depression”, but I don’t know if that true, the girl just loves attention (she even claims to be allergic to nuts,no medical examination). I have managed her fits, her being “too depressed to go to school” and her general attitude and I think I’ve done my best to be a good stepmom to her.

My own is just the same, claiming to have depression and anxiety due to her “bad childhood” and just sees the world her point of view, and in her point of view I have been a terrible mother. I think just like with my stepdaughter that I have done my best under the circumstances I have been in.

The problem whereI might have been at fault started a few weeks ago. I had a few drinks with one of my closest friends while my stepdaughter was at home, we were talking about the struggles of raising daughters and I confessed to her I found it very hard to get along with my daughter, I said I honestly think my sons are much easier and It would be easier if I only had sons. Like I said, I love my daughter, I would not trade her for anything in the world, but she is difficult. My stepdaughter was in the kitchen when I told my friend this, and she got really angry at me, but I brushed it aside and told her that was just how I felt.

Now at a recent family dinner my stepdaughter had apparently told my daughter I said this, and they both confronted me. They said I had always been rude to them both, emotionally abused them and would always get mad at them while the boys get praise. I guess the whole thing got a bit out of hand and I might have been rude and screamed at them when it was not needed. But I honestly tried to tell them that I just feel like I get along with the boys better and are better at handling boys emotions and it’s not like I don’t love them just because I get along better with my boys.

I understand we all might have overreacted a bit at that what I said could be hurtful out of context, but the both of them refuse to talk to me because of this. But I honestly think we just need to talk trough it and that they are being childish.

Am I completely in the wrong here?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

wasn't there just a post where some schools don't have nurses anymore?

Not everyone in the universe that posts on the internet is American.

Where I live, schools are legally required to have nurses, offer counselling and provide period products to girls. I assume boys' schools are exempt from the last one, but that's neither here nor there.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 30, 2023

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Jesus Christ, she’s not even a MIL yet and she’s already a nightmare MIL

What? She identified a potential future problem and is asking for advice to avoid it. She may be overly anxious since the kids are small but she recognizes the tropes and is concerned about it. That's some huge forward thinking.

I would rank this right up there with a couple trying for kids saying "we aren't sure how to be good parents". They're asking the question which means they're taking the right first steps to avoid being bad parents.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

edogawa rando posted:

Not everyone in the universe that posts on the internet is American.

yeah but the OP of the reddit story sure as gently caress is since there's a parent going nuclear psychotic about giving a kid some pads

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

FMguru posted:

"Stay cramped, bitch" is an all-timer, too.

One of my life's regrets is that I haven't yet had a opportunity to say "Stay cramped" to someone.

One of my greatest fears is that I already did have that opportunity, didn't say "Stay cramped" to someone when I could have.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cowslips Warren posted:

I always love the little maneuver where the retelling of the story gets blurry and indistinct the moment things might look bad for the storyteller.

quote:

I guess the whole thing got a bit out of hand and I might have been rude and screamed at them when it was not needed. But

quote:

I understand we all might have overreacted a bit at that what I said could be hurtful out of context
Nice use of 'we' in that final quote, too.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's the classic "Stay cramped, bitch" story for anyone who hasn't read it

AITA For Telling My Cousin They Will Have to Pay Rent?

quote:

Backstory: I (31F) purchased my 3-Family home from our grandparents 4 yrs ago well below market value. My Grandparents wanted to retire to Florida and wanted to keep their house in the family. The house was worth a lot more then I could afford alone. So I talked to my cousins and said, “Hey if we purchase it, we can fix it up and rent it out. We could then split the rent 7 ways for residual income.” They all turned me down and said they didn’t want the old, lovely house. I spoke with my grandparents and expressed interest. They offered to sell it to me for way less than market value and I could use the remaining money to renovate. I decided to rent the top two apartments for a reasonable price and live in the smallest unit.

My little brother and his friends live on my first floor. They pay less than market rent. Two months ago my top floor tenant let me know she wouldn’t be renewing her lease in October since her fiancé got a job offer in another state and they are expecting.

Issue: One of the cousins I had gone to found out and wants to move out of her small 2 bedroom apt and into the 4 bedroom, so her, her husband and son have more space. Both their jobs will remain from home and they want offices. I said sure and offered her $250 below market value. She got irritated and started ranting that I shouldn’t ask her to pay anything because this is a family home. I said myself and little brother pays to live here. She said not her problem, that I owed it to her since I stole the house. She then threatened to take me to court and rally up the other cousins and say that I got the house through fraud and our grandparents weren’t in the right mind. She said the only way she wouldn’t is if I let her live there rent free until they want to move or I pay them her share of the house. I laughed and told her she could now either pay the market value, stay in her tiny rear end overpriced apartment or pay market rate somewhere else. She then said that I was a money hungry Bitch. So I told her stay cramped bitch and hung up.

She has now told the whole family and is trying to get all cousins involved to sue me for their “Fair Share” of the house’s worth. The family is split with some saying she can kick rocks and others saying I shouldn’t be charging family rent as I got the house for extremely cheap. Even my friends are divided because on paper it looks like I did take advantage but I am not sure. Honestly I could afford for everyone to live there rent free and they only pay utilities but I don’t want to.

So AITA?
And there was a followup:

quote:

Update: Thank to everyone for the advice and awards. Many asked for an update, so here is a quick one.

I got an Attorney and my grandparents got one. I received all the documentation as well as a clean bill of health and mental state. My cousins got an Attorney who sent me a request to mediate before going to the courts. We met Monday. Their Attorney seemed confident almost trying to rush us to settle. They demanded that the property’s current value be divided by 7. I jumped in and added by 8 since my brother is now an adult. There lawyer was very aggressive and rude until my Attorney pulled out all the emails, text messages and the Will documents. Apparently, my grandparents kept all that paperwork with their Will because the house originally was supposed to be an inheritance and they wanted to make sure that when they updated their Will, all the appropriate steps were taken to ensure that it was removed and fully mines. Needless to say their Attorney wanted out of there faster than a mouse. Currently it we are rescheduled to discuss further next month once all the documents have been reviewed on their side.

As I was leaving, the poo poo Started made a comment that I wasn’t a legitimate grandchild and to ask my spoiled mother what she meant by that. That story will be for another time and sub. However some 50 yr old family secrets have spilled out over this. My grandparents have gone no contact with 3 cousins.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

yeah but the OP of the reddit story sure as gently caress is since there's a parent going nuclear psychotic about giving a kid some pads

Sure, but the guy I was responding to was going off at a 5th grade teacher for sending kids to the nurse when they need period products.

As another teacher, I'll say this - when you all talk about matters relating to education, the majority of those who feel fit to comment often really don't know understand about minutiae relating to paperwork and documentation.

There are a lot of loving reasons to not have a teacher, especially a male teacher, whip out a tampon when a girl, probably rather self-conscious about it asks to be excused because she's having her period. Sending her to the nurse in that scenario, which is apparently an inexcusable and egregious according to StrangersInTheNight, is absolutely the correct response. Hell, working at a girls' school, there is no loving way there won't be a stack of emails going through to senior management if I did something like that - and I don't intend to find out either.

The only thing I provide is hair ties if needed, with the instruction to tie up their hair before they leave because there's a non-zero chance someone else will give a poo poo about whether their hair is tied up or not. Drunk Nerds is 1000000000000000% correct in sending any girl who gets caught out to someone who is more qualified to deal with it, and especially since it provides documentation that protects them. Apparently this is not good enough for StrangersInTheNight though, but what do I know? I'm only a high school teacher.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Unverified reports exist that loud noises may potentially have been made by my mouth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A my-mouth-involved shouting occurred

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

FMguru posted:

AITA For Telling My Cousin They Wihll Have to Pay Rent?

Landlords are the scourge of the earth but this one gets my sympathy

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Did OP ever follow up on what

quote:

As I was leaving, the poo poo Started made a comment that I wasn’t a legitimate grandchild and to ask my spoiled mother what she meant by that. That story will be for another time and sub. However some 50 yr old family secrets have spilled out over this. My grandparents have gone no contact with 3 cousins.
meant or is that just a mystery for the ages now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Donkringel posted:

What? She identified a potential future problem and is asking for advice to avoid it. She may be overly anxious since the kids are small but she recognizes the tropes and is concerned about it. That's some huge forward thinking.

I would rank this right up there with a couple trying for kids saying "we aren't sure how to be good parents". They're asking the question which means they're taking the right first steps to avoid being bad parents.

Nah, she has identified that the problem is her own behavior and rather than wanting to change her behavior she wants to know how to avoid the repercussions. She already knows that unsolicited advice is considered rude, and she knows the answer to her question is "don't give unsolicited advice", but she considers it her prerogative to give it out. It's the same sort of energy as guys asking "Well how are we supposed to avoid getting accused of sexual harassment?!" in the wake of #MeToo.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man, imagining being an embarrassed fifth grader asking for a pad and then getting sent to a nurse for EDUCATION AND MENTORSHIP instead of being able to just quietly go to the bathroom and slap a pad on. I guess it would teach me REAL QUICK to always keep pads on hand or how to make a temporary toilet paper pad.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Scanning BORUpdates I found a long story that probably isn't worth reposting in full, but there was one brief bit I wanted to recognize in this thread.

I slept with my wife's affair partner's wife and I am divorcing her soon. + Updates

quote:

She said she was sorry, begging me to take her back. She mocked me and said she never enjoyed any love making that we did and she and her AP had sex on every furniture in our house. I don't know how much of it true but I will be replacing my furniture regardless
Good idea, OP.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

edogawa rando posted:

which is apparently an inexcusable and egregious according to StrangersInTheNight,

what the hell is this, I said I understand why but the intense medicalization of periods increases stigma, treating a period like its a medical condition has been proven to cause issues for all of us as a society

its not my fault that the system fucks you over so badly you have to contribute to menstrual stigma

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 30, 2023

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

you were a bit aggro about it yeah

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

I get why it has to happen because of how hosed up our country is with expectations of teachers but yeeting it out to the medical professionals doesn't help when menstruating people are conversely working hard at trying to make it more of a normal everyday thing.

:psyduck: if you're reading that as aggro, then the aggro is internal, friend

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

This isn’t even the first thread you’ve been reported about within the last twenty-four hours so maybe take a deep breath.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not letting my brother blow out my candles on my birthday

In case you missed it, the younger brother got a new PS5 for his sisters birthday, his sister got nothing

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This isn’t even the first thread you’ve been reported about within the last twenty-four hours so maybe take a deep breath.

lol was someone seriously upset that i pointed out my butthole is more leftist than twitch is

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

AITA For Telling My Cousin They Will Have to Pay Rent?

Ahh, nothing like a family exploding over a small amount of money.

When my grandma died, she had a very ironclad will, what little things she had left went to the trust for one her daughters who is handicapped to make sure she is taken care of. Apparently this was a lesson learned, as when her mom had died, they thought things would just work out, and instead you had a bunch of people stabbing each other in the back over silverware.
Apparently, one of her brothers broke into their parent's house and managed to load up an armoire they felt entitled to, and took off. I guess by the end of that, she never spoke to 3 of her siblings again, and at least one of them died without talking to any family.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

CitizenKain posted:

Ahh, nothing like a family exploding over a small amount of money.

When my grandma died, she had a very ironclad will, what little things she had left went to the trust for one her daughters who is handicapped to make sure she is taken care of. Apparently this was a lesson learned, as when her mom had died, they thought things would just work out, and instead you had a bunch of people stabbing each other in the back over silverware.
Apparently, one of her brothers broke into their parent's house and managed to load up an armoire they felt entitled to, and took off. I guess by the end of that, she never spoke to 3 of her siblings again, and at least one of them died without talking to any family.

I had a great aunt that died with a pretty sizeable estate (she outlived her husband and a son). She had no will, so everything got divided up equally between my mom and her other sisters/brothers. There was no fighting or anything like that but the process took sooooooooo loving long and the lawyers ate up so much money it was unreal.

I have a friend who's a lawyer and has done probate before and he told me that you would not BELIEVE the infighting that occurs when someone dies completely broke and wills like, a single dinner plate to one relative. People wil fight to the death over that stuff.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 30, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

lol was someone seriously upset that i pointed out my butthole is more leftist than twitch is

You’re not helping.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Heh, who needs family when you've got an armoire full of knickknacks? Suckers.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Knick-knacks, paddy whacks, dog bones, etc.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

Heh, who needs family when you've got an armoire full of knickknacks? Suckers.

It's really a shame there was a period when collecting expensive hummels and other figurines was a thing. I've seen glass display cases in people's homes that take up a lot of space that are full of them. They're a pain in the rear end to clean and much like dark old furniture nobody young wants Gramma's big-eyed figurine collection. I was house hunting and went into a place that had cases of old creepy dolls that really put me off the house.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You’re not helping.

People have reported me for being a transphobe bc the person reporting me didn't realize I was posting as a trans person, so you'll excuse me if I don't necessarily take it seriously. I honestly can't recall anything else that would warrant such in the last 24 hours. It's entirely possible I've forgotten something, so if you let me know, I can actually internalize it as something that upsets people and work on it instead of assuming its the usual bullshit noise from the peanut gallery.

Content - why is my sister so upset I torpedoed her marriage? I was just ~~~being honest~~~!!

AITA for telling my (28M) gf (25F) that she went too far in messing with her sister?

quote:

My gf is low contact with her parents and older sister. She has a difficult relationship with them. She felt bullied by her sister "Cora" (31F) growing up. Her mother was frequently ill and depressed and her father traveled for work for months at a time. They were kinda poor, so Cora did multiple jobs since her teens and was controlling and domineering with her siblings about chores and school work. My gf has a lot of resentment about her unpleasant childhood and has pushed back by sabotaging things for Cora in silly and petty ways.

Cora got married to her boyfriend of 3 years about 6 months ago. My gf flew over to attend but did act bratty to mess with Cora. It was mostly minor stuff like not confirming travel plans till last minute so Cora was forced to pay more for plane tickets, changing her mind about her dress frequently so Cora had to buy and return outfits multiple times. There were a few other things too like messing with some organized plans and refusing to do things she committed to. I don't really like it or understand it but she feels its important for such payback to bring a balance to her relationship with her sister.

Where I feel she went too far is that the night before the wedding, she had a long talk with the groom about how difficult and short tempered Cora can be. He has a kid (6M) from his previous marriage and she knew they were planning on having more kids right after they got married. She told him that Cora hates little children and will bully them. The newly weds ended up having a lot of fights over their honeymoon because the groom wanted to postpone having kids and change how much involvement Cora would have with her stepkid.

Cora found out recently that the conflicts are because her sister had this talk with her husband and she's been blowing up at my gf. She feels upset at my gf's interference because she wanted to have kids soon and my gf feels justified because she's convinced Cora would be an awful mother. I told her that it wasn't right for her to meddle in her sister's marriage just to mess with her, but she feels that nothing she said is untrue so she was morally right to do so. We have been having arguments about this and my gf is now mad at me.

ETA: I've been asked this multiple times, so Cora is the oldest, their parents had separated after she was born then got back together a few years later and had 3 more kids one after another. My gf is the 2nd oldest. The youngest two are close to both my gf and Cora and ignore the conflict between the two. Cora did different short term jobs for extra money before she got her full time job. She didn't do 2+ jobs at the same time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quantumwell posted:

It's really a shame there was a period when collecting expensive hummels and other figurines was a thing. I've seen glass display cases in people's homes that take up a lot of space that are full of them. They're a pain in the rear end to clean and much like dark old furniture nobody young wants Gramma's big-eyed figurine collection. I was house hunting and went into a place that had cases of old creepy dolls that really put me off the house.

Yeah stuff like that falls into that weird category of things you really don't want to inherit and find room for in your home but you also feel bad about just tossing it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

quantumwell posted:

My last realtor wound up cleaning out a collection of Lladro. Those are the tall skinny pastel ceramic statues. She put them into storage because nobody wants them but they might theoretically be valuable to the right person.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

if you can put "depression" in scare quotes and not think you're an rear end in a top hat, you're an rear end in a top hat forever. just chisel it on your tombstone now and save everybody some time

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

quantumwell posted:

I got a bunch of Hummel figurines and 5 sets of "good china", inherited from 3 great-aunts and two grandmothers (my cousin took the china display cabinets and turned them into display cases for his anime/Funko pop figures, bless him). The good china was bought in the 1950s, and never used. No event was ever good enough for the good china, not at Christmas, not at funerals, not when long-lost relatives from Australia came to visit. Hell, even the pope turning up for a chat might not have got the good china.

I've just started using it as everyday plates and cups, I haven't got anyone to pass it on to, and it's not worth anything, really. I get a kick out of eating chips and beans off a Royal Doulton plate with gold leaf on.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

quantumwell posted:

I feel the same way but about Funko Pops.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Alchemist posted:

Landlords are the scourge of the earth but this one gets my sympathy

They're literally living in the house alongside the people they're renting the extra space to

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

haljordan posted:

Yeah stuff like that falls into that weird category of things you really don't want to inherit and find room for in your home but you also feel bad about just tossing it.

I have a painting my best friend had made for me as a graduation present, it's Napoleon Crossing the Alps but instead of Napoleon it is me in my graduation gown. Full oil painting, very well done.

It is precious to me because it's the most effort anyone has ever gone into getting me a gift and funny as hell. I'm never going to part with it.

I can definitely see my kids arguing with each other who gets stuck with dads weird rear end graduation painting. I'm honestly thinking of putting in my will "If no one wants my Alp painting just bury it with me, I won't mind".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Donkringel posted:

I have a painting my best friend had made for me as a graduation present, it's Napoleon Crossing the Alps but instead of Napoleon it is me in my graduation gown. Full oil painting, very well done.

It is precious to me because it's the most effort anyone has ever gone into getting me a gift and funny as hell. I'm never going to part with it.

I can definitely see my kids arguing with each other who gets stuck with dads weird rear end graduation painting. I'm honestly thinking of putting in my will "If no one wants my Alp painting just bury it with me, I won't mind".

Bury it?! :cmon: that's lame, if you get a painting of yourself you haunt that poo poo and will it to someone!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I (45M) messed up big and how do I convince my wife (40F) to go to counseling with me?

quote:

This is a throwaway because my wife knows I'm on Reddit but doesn't know my username, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I (45M) made the biggest mistake of my life, and now I need advice on how to fix it. My wife (40F) and I have been together for 20 years and married for 15 of those. In the past 5 years or so, after listening to my mother, I started getting it into my head that I was better than her because I made about 20K a year more than her and thought that I could do better than her. We had a lot of fights, and six months ago, I left and said I’d be filing for divorce.

Recently, I reached out, wanting to see about reconciling because I was reconsidering the divorce I said I wanted. I really missed my wife, and I thought she would be happy to hear from me and my willingness to work it out, but my wife wasn’t interested. She said she’s happier than she’s been in a long time, and she never realized how much joy I sucked out of her life until I was no longer in the position to be able to do so. Hearing that was soul-crushing. I wanted to go to counseling and see about moving past this, but she isn’t budging. I miss my wife, and I understand that I messed up, but I can’t help but feel like she should be a little more willing to meet me halfway here.

I need some advice on how to convince my wife to go to therapy with me so we can at least try to work things out between us. I know I said I was filing for divorce, but I really don’t want to do that anymore, and I’m afraid that she’ll go ahead and file it anyway if we can’t work something out. What’s the best way to go about trying to get her to see my side of things, and how going to counseling would be best for us?

idk dude, maybe you should ask your mom what to do

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

There is a giant pile of boxes in the corner of my garage that is my mom's Christmas stuff. Multiple steamer trunks, plastic bins, random boxes, all Christmas. Somewhere in there is a entire Christmas village thing, I think about 20 little houses and stuff. Feels wrong to just send it all to the dump.

There is also some ancient organ that some great-great grandparent brought over when they moved here in the early 1900's. Its non functional, so absolutely no one will take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Calling comic thread goons! Someone get Little My...

AITA for reading a book to my son?

The moomins didn't turn me gay but the animated version with the Groak or whatever it was absolutely scared the poo poo out of me so they're not wrong there.

Imagine if that turned up at your house and just stood staring, you'd poo poo your pants.