Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

zoux posted:

I can't remember the last election that didn't have some GOP CEO gently caress talking about how he was going to run the US like a business and in the business world when something doesn't work you simply blah blah blah

This is happening in Australia where the Liberal (read libertarian) government are trying to sell off public assets and systems like health, education, social security and national broadcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

wizzardstaff posted:

I feel like you buried the lede here. From "a toy/figure company" I thought this was going to be someone sad that they can't buy a limited edition Chewbacca or something.

I never expected to see the words "sell a doll whose vagina you could "stuff poo poo in"" would be something I've read, but here we are.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Anime twitter is having a very normal one because Funimation translated "lolicon" as "pedophile" (which is correct) in some subtitles.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
of course its an anime furry avatar

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1156326360169766914

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

jesus christ

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anime twitter is having a very normal one because Funimation translated "lolicon" as "pedophile" (which is correct) in some subtitles.

Yeah the whole twitter thread is a hilarious honeypot of people trying to justify why lolicon isn't pedophilia

(DO NOT CLICK ONTO THAT WEBSITE)
https://twitter.com/ChanEdogawa/status/1156221252207386625?s=20

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I like how people are getting so internet poisonedf that they now openly and without fear start to support pedophilia

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I hope that these people get help. I really do. But I also want kids kept as far away from them as humanely possible because HOLY poo poo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Brb gonna send those nerds to the shadow realm

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Yeah the whole twitter thread is a hilarious honeypot of people trying to justify why lolicon isn't pedophilia

ah I see it's informal, that's much better

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LLW902/status/1156530882028691461

Let's have our national convention outside, in Atlanta in August.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

RatHat posted:

The weeb version of "actually, it's ephebophilia".

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Let's have our national convention outside, in Atlanta in August.

Why is this a bad thing?

Am foreign and assume it's something to do with weather conditions?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Josef bugman posted:

Why is this a bad thing?

It's really hot.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

Why is this a bad thing?

it’s like 40 C and so humid your sweat will not evaporate and you will be walking around in a thin sheen of moisture at all times

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lots of rain too. Not to mention the sheer idiocy of holding a convention of thousands* of people in some ad hoc campsite in the middle of one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country, but that's anarcho-primitives for you

https://twitter.com/KenFrankenstein/status/1156532731435782144

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

There would absolutely be a body count.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/1107464566332489728?lang=en

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Jul 31, 2019

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PaulBegala/status/1156395586255556609?s=19

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Was Begala in a coma in 2009

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

actually yes because every dem president after reagen has been a reagen era republican the overton window is so far to the right that republicans from the early 80s are now in line w/ democrats.

lets also not forget that obama pussied out on single payer and caved to the insurance lobby. his original plan was actually good and his stupid need to compromise and his weak spine got us what we have now.

snergle has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Jul 31, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

snergle posted:

actually yes because every dem president since bill has been a reagen era republican the overton window is so far to the right that republicans from the early 80s are now in line w/ democrats.

Ah, I see you've also read the replies

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Piell posted:

Ah, I see you've also read the replies

i didnt but i guess extremly online people think alike.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

a fatguy bald spot posted:

it’s like 40 C and so humid your sweat will not evaporate and you will be walking around in a thin sheen of moisture at all times

More like 30 C. We're not Phoenix. But it's pretty humid and there are thunderstorms a lot of afternoons. Also drought conditions in the city mean the parks don't really do big events in the summer, like Pride is in October here, so you'd have to go outside the city...I got it!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they call it hotlanta

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Thank you for the answers folks!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good job Quilette lady, you and your magazine are definitely not white supremacist

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
camping in the southeastern united states in the summer sucks between the heat, rain, and bugs. it is something you have to want to do because you are an outside nerd, not something you do to prove how hard you are. i don't even know where you would camp thousands of people anywhere near atlanta

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vib Rib posted:

People who still idolize Reagan are the ones using racial slurs in their day to day language and insisting they're not racist. It could be a recording of Reagan saying "I'm a big fat racist" and it wouldn't change their opinion of him, except possibly for the better.

The American right's deification of Reagan is very weird to me.

As I remember it, (as a youngster living in the wilds of Not-America at the time), he was an alzheimers ridden ex-actor warmonger who called his wife "mommy" and took advice from her psychics and astrologers on matters of national and international importance, all whilst his finger hovered over the nuclear button.

Not to mention he classified ketchup as a vegetable to save money in schools, his reaction to kids dying of drug overdoses was "just say no", his reaction to gay men dying of AIDS was "haha", and worst of all, motherfucker was friends with Maggie "loving" Thatcher.

Surely there are other conservative Presidents to like?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

luxury handset posted:

camping in the southeastern united states in the summer sucks between the heat, rain, and bugs. it is something you have to want to do because you are an outside nerd, not something you do to prove how hard you are

Whatever TROT

BrigadierSensible posted:

As I remember it, (as a youngster living in the wilds of Not-America at the time), he was an alzheimers ridden ex-actor warmonger who called his wife "mommy" and took advice from her psychics and astrologers on matters of national and international importance, all whilst his finger hovered over the nuclear button.

Not to mention he classified ketchup as a vegetable to save money in schools, his reaction to kids dying of drug overdoses was "just say no", his reaction to gay men dying of AIDS was "haha", and worst of all, motherfucker was friends with Maggie "loving" Thatcher.

Well it's either Nixon or nobody, so they picked Reagan and are gaslighting themselves into believing he's good despite his disastrous administration that is the genesis of our current hellscape. Eisenhower wouldn't be a Republican today. The GOP president before him was uh Hoover so

zoux has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jul 31, 2019

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

there aren't really, not within living memory. the last arguably conservative president who was decent was eisenhower. reagan was beloved because he was part of a rising backlash against democrat/left control of government in the 1960s and 70s. reagan positioned himself as the reasonable daddy who could tame the childish liberals. he's very much a watered down, non-deranged version of trump in that his biggest appeal to the chud set is that he triggers the libs

people dislike nixon because he is extremely dislikeable and then bush who? which one? never heard of them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Not sure how you list these things as weird for the right to deify. They love that poo poo. The weird thing is liberals deifying him.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I wonder, too, how much of it is the general adulation of the 80s as a decade these days. "The 80s were awesome" + "Reagan was President in the 80s" = "Reagan was awesome".

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Reagan was EXTREMELY popular by modern standards. He got almost 60% of the vote in his re-election. No other president has come close to that since.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1156588090456256512

He's, ah, quoting himself there.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not sure how you list these things as weird for the right to deify. They love that poo poo. The weird thing is liberals deifying him.

It's the West Wing thing where both sides have to have something good and noble about them. The right went hard on remaking Reagan into one of the greats, and the left just kind of went along with it because to do otherwise would be unreasonable and partisan. It took me learning about the AIDS Crises to realize Reagan was absolute garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

same argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0Y2hVe_bw