Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

quote:

Awesome Mark Stafford stuff

I wish I had the pieces to build this. Like he explains this is the type of stuff that I would attempt when I was younger. Hidden missile bays, scout ships, assault buggies all wrapped up in several laser turrets and a couple of wings. I really need to start building some MOCs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Went with some coworkers who aren't nearly as AFOL as I am to grab some Series 7 today, and the Lego Store had a line of people feeling up baggies. Felt awkward as hell, so we just walked up to the box they were sifting through, each grabbed a fistful, and brought them up to the register. Apparently this horrified some guy.

Ended up with a Tennis Pro, Bride, Bagpiper, Tarzan, Viking Lady, and Red Riding Hood. One of my coworkers just got a metric ton of Aztec Warriors and almost nothing else.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Went with some coworkers who aren't nearly as AFOL as I am to grab some Series 7 today, and the Lego Store had a line of people feeling up baggies. Felt awkward as hell, so we just walked up to the box they were sifting through, each grabbed a fistful, and brought them up to the register. Apparently this horrified some guy.

Ended up with a Tennis Pro, Bride, Bagpiper, Tarzan, Viking Lady, and Red Riding Hood. One of my coworkers just got a metric ton of Aztec Warriors and almost nothing else.

That awkward person was me at Walmart today. At least we were in a separate aisle away from the main LEGO section (get the stupid Captain America bike WallyWorld :argh:). A clerk asked if we needed any help, I just explained my roommate was helping me feel up bags of LEGO so I can get specific pieces, and she smiled and went on her way.

Gann Jerrod posted:

For the robot, feel for the rectangular head, and the backpack piece that feels like a thin L. For the bandit, try for the hat with the curve in the middle, as well as the gun.

This worked out for me, thanks a lot! I just felt for 3 rectangular pieces for the robot, and for the bandit the hat is an awesome indicator, plus you can usually feel a gun to make sure. Picked up another roman soldier and a minotaur just 'cause. Went 4/4 today, now I just have to wait for them to get Season 7 minifigs in

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Either this was an easy series to feel for, or practice makes perfect. We've managed to get the full set with just a spare space marine and tennis player.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Tried to order something at lego 2 hours ago and still no confirmation email. Is this to be expected when the server is overloaded? I also cant find a order history page on their site.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Boondock Saint posted:

Wait, what?!?!?

Man, if Adam MCA didn't pass away today, today would surely be an awesome day. :(

EDIT: That Sopwith....oh my god.

Seriously?

The new you learn from random SA threads. that put a downer on my day.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?

Ika posted:

Tried to order something at lego 2 hours ago and still no confirmation email. Is this to be expected when the server is overloaded? I also cant find a order history page on their site.

Took me 3 hours to get my first confirmation email (both orders placed at ~9:30 last night), and I never even got an email on the second one, just a shipping notice at 3:00 this afternoon. *shrug*

On the plus side, R2-D2 and the Imperial Shuttle (AKA H.M.S. Foreveralone) are on their way. Desk at work will be full.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Got into the office at 7:30 in the morning, bought the SSD and Imperial Shuttle an hour later. Highlight of my day. I have no idea where I'll put it, though. I might just build it on my bed and leave it there and sleep on the floor, as I don't have any shelves that are four freakin' feet long.

Have an of you successfully hung or mounted your sets from walls or ceilings?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Well, I bought the Super Star Destroyer. Never let it be said that I make responsible financial choices. :cheers:

It sucks that the Earth Defense HQ is done now, I hope the prices on Amazon don't skyrocket.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Walked into the Lego store this evening and bought the imperial shuttle.

Got home and realized I want R2D2 too, so I ordered it from the site.

I have no idea where in my house I am going to put these things.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
We just picked up another of those $30 5-shelf bookshelves from Target for our library, expressly for assembled Lego.

After putting it together and getting it in place, we took all the bigger sets we had assembled spread across the other bookshelves and on the almost-dinner-table sized table and... it was full within minutes, hardly making a significant dent in the fact that everything is covered in Lego. I don't think there's room for another one unless we do bookshelves in the center of the room as well, like a real library.

This is just a 12x12 or so bedroom we decided was perfect for a library. Maybe we'll have to put bookcases in the other bedrooms, too.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I didn't realize the Super Star Destroyer was 20% off until it was right in front of me. I've been drooling over it forever, have a specific location in mind for it, and it was the archetype for nearly every micro scale ship design when I was a kid. Didn't pick it up, wasn't sure I could afford it without checking finances. I totally can! Hope they have one left in the morning...

Also, Drew at the Bellevue Square shop keeps kicking my rear end with parts I was having trouble locating. Previously I mentioned looking for train flatbed bases, which I was resigned to ordering off Bricklink. Viola, flatbeds! I really ought to fill out one of those post-sale surveys.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Diosamblet posted:

I didn't realize the Super Star Destroyer was 20% off until it was right in front of me. I've been drooling over it forever, have a specific location in mind for it, and it was the archetype for nearly every micro scale ship design when I was a kid. Didn't pick it up, wasn't sure I could afford it without checking finances. I totally can! Hope they have one left in the morning...

Also, Drew at the Bellevue Square shop keeps kicking my rear end with parts I was having trouble locating. Previously I mentioned looking for train flatbed bases, which I was resigned to ordering off Bricklink. Viola, flatbeds! I really ought to fill out one of those post-sale surveys.

Drew is such an awesome dude! You definitely should do that survey, it means a lot to us to get good feedback from satisfied customers.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Its kinda sad when I realize I can't justify the huge Star Wars sets because I would just part them out, and I already have a million 2xwhatever plates :emo:

So instead I do this!

Hopefully they'll actually include the TC-14, it says everywhere that you have to buy Star Wars sets for the minifig/free shipping to apply, but their system automatically gave them to me :iiam:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I saw a forum post elsewhere from someone that called them up after that happened to him and they told him he would get it. ymmv.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
As much as I want the Imperial Shuttle I think its a little bit too much to spend for now. Instead I ended up buying the Kingdom Joust set in a broken box for $70. Anyone know when the shuttle goes out of production?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Crazy Pigeon posted:

As much as I want the Imperial Shuttle I think its a little bit too much to spend for now. Instead I ended up buying the Kingdom Joust set in a broken box for $70. Anyone know when the shuttle goes out of production?

It's coming up on the two year anniversary of it's release, so it might be this year, it might be next year. :iiam:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
I'm sure this is old news to all of you, but I'm starting to sort out my collection and I just discovered this parts organizer. Previously I had bought a couple of tackle boxes to try out, but found them lacking; the compartments were resizable, but reorganizing the entire box was difficult (removing all the pieces from the box while maintaining their sortedness is tedious). This one has little removable boxes instead, so you can rearrange or move up to the next sized box really, really easily. Also, I bought 4, so I have one of them that has all the really big bins for common elements (2x4 plates and such) and one for less common/tiny elements (tiles, 1x1 slopes, 1x1 plates).

The only downside I've noticed so far is the yellow color. Under certain lighting circumstances differentiating between white, sand, and yellow pieces can be difficult, and trans-yellow pieces are nigh-invisible.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I went to the Lego store at Baybrook mall today and the guy there was really helpful. He pulled out a new box of series 7 and let me and another guy pick out way through it. I got 5/5; Aztec warrior, space marine, bride, female Viking and Poseidon. :smug:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Yay for moving, I now have a cubby to put my stuff I want to build and for now the broken down boxes. I have a closet with no shelves I plan to store the boxes in later. http://i.imgur.com/9EJUT.jpg

I still plan to make a lego build desk and proper storage area for mocs but haven't gotten that far yet.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Also from The LEGO show, the next Sun promotion starting May 19th

Batman minifig on day one for donating 50p to Rupert Murdoch and throwing a newspaper in the bin. Sweet.

It's difficult for me to get these outside of the weekend. But will try to pick up what I can. Likely the Batman and Ninjago ones.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 5, 2012

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
So the Legend of Zelda on Cuusoo reached 10,000 votes.
It would be pretty cool, but I doubt it'll happen because I think K'Nex has a licensing deal with Nintendo.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

Also from The LEGO show, the next Sun promotion starting May 19th

Batman minifig on day one for donating 50p to Rupert Murdoch and throwing a newspaper in the bin. Sweet.

It's difficult for me to get these outside of the weekend. But will try to pick up what I can. Likely the Batman and Ninjago ones.

I've seen all of them in Wal-Marts in the US, with exception of the batmans and race car. I do say I like the destroyer a lot :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrChud posted:

I've seen all of them in Wal-Marts in the US, with exception of the batmans and race car. I do say I like the destroyer a lot :)
Wait, what? For how much?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've seen the fire chief at Target in their stocking stuffers section for Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. They can't move the drat things.

$4.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That Batski is at my local TRU right now for 4.99.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait...they're 5 dollars in the US, and 50p in the UK?

drat, son

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait...they're 5 dollars in the US, and 50p in the UK?

drat, son
I saw them for like 3.97, they showed up around Easter time. Still have them too

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

anyone in the UK up for getting doubles of the two starwars sets and trading for minifigs or cash?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That TIE fighter is the same one they've been putting out for about 5 years, no?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Not sure, I dont have any of em, wish they would do that promotion here in germany.
Feeling up to it? :D

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
The Serenity cuusoo project got its 10,000 votes. Fingers crossed, I guess.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Shuppiluliumas posted:

The Serenity cuusoo project got its 10,000 votes. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Key to it will be who actually holds the licensing rights for Firefly, I think.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Well, I'd say this looks pretty drat promising. the tunderbolt and madcat should end up pretty close to the same weight. I'm actually a little shocked at how well this is working, the ankles don't give no matter how hard I shake the table. Thanks to everyone here who gave advice and ideas!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anyone pick up the avengers quinjet yet that can give a report on how cool or not cool it is?

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Elendil004 posted:

Anyone pick up the avengers quinjet yet that can give a report on how cool or not cool it is?

It's cool. It's got some fun things like a little mobile vehicle that pops out of the bottom, a back hatch, and the wings and cockpit can be adjusted. It's pretty swooshable for a big aircraft, and very sturdy/kid-friendly too.

I got it because I am gaga for all things Marvel and had the spare cash.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there still that site that aggregates US prices and gives you the best deal?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Elendil004 posted:

Is there still that site that aggregates US prices and gives you the best deal?

http://brickbadger.com/raw belongs to our very own Gravy Jones.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

drat you, Series 7. I didn't even want any of you at first glance, by I saw that virgin box at Toys R Us, I just had to have you.

I just wanted a Space Marine, a Black Knight, and a Bunny Guy. Somehow I ended up with 3 King Tritons, an Aztec Warrior, and a Red Riding Hood. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Walked into my local Walmart tonight and found a Black Pearl set. Hoping they were still clearance price, scanned it, and it came up at 99.97. Then I noticed one end was taped shut and figured the minifigures were gone. I hope that never sells.