Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

gently caress I completely forgot about this pile of poo poo. Not only is it saying women are only baby factories but the fact the woman solider has a gun to her head and is about to be executed isn't the horrible part it's that the hypothetical fetus she could carry would be killed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

It's very odd that something I thought was kinda half-assed and would either be received tepidly well or just ignored outright is the thing that escaped this thread to live a life of its own.

It's goofy and facile but also a fairly neat encapsulation and affirmation of nerd agita, so it's no surprise to me that it's memeing like the dickens.

e: also a lot of people have no real idea of just how bad and dumb political cartoons actually are, and seeing some of the world's worst visual metaphors get shut down hard is amusing in itself

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 3, 2015

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hey I've got some good news for you Dr. VooDoo those aren't the only political cartoons I keep in tabs that never close:

(There's more but this is the only good one for the context)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Shame on you, all these permanent cartoon tabs open and not one being the backwards bong?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

gently caress I completely forgot about this pile of poo poo. Not only is it saying women are only baby factories but the fact the woman solider has a gun to her head and is about to be executed isn't the horrible part it's that the hypothetical fetus she could carry would be killed!

That's just scratching the surface -- any woman in combat would of course be immediately disarmed, captured and murdered as soon as an enemy soldier saw her; any given woman has a pretty decent chance of being like five months pregnant at any given time because pregnancies just kind of spring spontaneously out of nowhere without being noticed; women are universally innocent little girls wearing pink ribbons in their ponytails to look pretty for the cotillion; the Taliban have what appears to be frost giants working for them; etc etc etc -- but yeah we covered all angles of this pretty thoroughly when the cartoon was first published. It's a pretty phenomenally stupid cartoon.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

There's something just... wrong about a Rorus work disseminating to the general public with nary a pants donkey in the bunch.

You can't just drop that on people out of nowhere. It's too much glory for a mind not destroyed by masses of lovely cartoons.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Could the person who posts the UK cartoons next time say on which side of the political spectrum the cartoonist is on. I want to get to know (and possibly hate) these cartoonists the same way I do American ones.

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; And The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is. ... Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Shame on you, all these permanent cartoon tabs open and not one being the backwards bong?

I told you, that wasn't the last but only the most relevant! This one reminds us why we all love JRRose!:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Abyssal Squid posted:

I told you, that wasn't the last but only the most relevant! This one reminds us why we all love JRRose!:

Obamacare allows people who were phoning it in at their jobs to retire, AGC

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Let's have a moment of silence for all those who lost their jobs due to Obamacare.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abyssal Squid posted:

Hey I've got some good news for you Dr. VooDoo those aren't the only political cartoons I keep in tabs that never close:

RIP in piss 1781 British Empire, and non-fascist NazO's. You lie in good company with home invaders of the Red Army Air force.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karnegal posted:

Obamacare allows people who were phoning it in at their jobs to retire, AGC

Lucy is being priced out of the market due to Obamacare providing people better options at comparable prices, AGC
People are so much less stressed out about healthcare due to Obamacare that they don't need as much psychiatric help, AGC

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Abyssal Squid posted:

Haha not even "apologies to Charles Schultz," just "Peanuts." The repetition in the newspaper and in Lucy's word balloon is like something out of a parody.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Abyssal Squid posted:

JRRose is secretly the best cartoonist in this thread.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Let's have a moment of silence for all those who lost their jobs due to Obamacare.

Shame on Obama, firing a guy for having kyphosis.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
How about a little fire, strawman?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Abyssal Squid posted:

The abortion guy is, in fact, on higher ground. AGC.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Taciturn Tactician posted:

The abortion guy is, in fact, on higher ground. AGC.

Morality is strictly a function of lives taken. Might makes Right! Thanks li'l babby Dials.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

I'd be excited about the dramatic tension here if I thought anything was going to happen.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I think the bit about 72 terrorism definitions refers to this list that I know has gone around for a while among dumbass wingnuts and survivalist nutballs: http://thetruthwins.com/archives/72-types-of-americans-that-are-considered-potential-terrorists-in-official-government-documents

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
*Zed sighs as he draws his Remington 700 in .300 Lapua Magnum*

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I'd be excited about the dramatic tension here if I thought anything was going to happen.
All I can see in that first panel is :captainpop:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pilchenstein posted:

All I can see in that first panel is :captainpop:

It may just be me but I think I see the Batman logo in the lenses

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

When's the next trimester for the GA awards? I think we have a nominee for worst "a thing happened".
My pick is still:

tbh this will probably be my pick for "a thing happened" for the rest of time

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Finally, I am an internet celebrity.

Nom Nom Nom, retweets, reblogs, likes....

<3 from this thread though, in the depths of such darkness, must mean the most.

ZombieCat
May 3, 2014

Females should never be inducted into the militia due to their tendency to bring their unarmored babies into battle, increasing the likelihood of a tantrum spiral. A Dwarf Fortress Cartoon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The God News one gets me every time because clearly God Himself is the one who wrote the news, and now He's really mad about it, and going to have a word with the God fellow, who caused the news story to generate.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*God wakes up to find that He has used His powers to give himself normal bodily functions, then went on a bender and created a bowl of warm water under His hand.*

"What the-? And I created a newspaper, just for me, and a wrote an article about it? I'm so medamned caprcious!"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

beepsandboops posted:

My pick is still:

tbh this will probably be my pick for "a thing happened" for the rest of time

That's kind of the opposite of "a thing happened" because it can apply to basically anything ever, rather than having a reference to something current crowbarred in.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

That's kind of the opposite of "a thing happened" because it can apply to basically anything ever, rather than having a reference to something current crowbarred in.
Wait, that's not a joke cartoon someone made here about A Thing Happened?

edit: Today someone with no connection to SA showed me a blog with all the "this cartoonist doesn't understand net neutrality" cartoons, so good job guys.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

When you're a kid you write your own newspaper with your own house-centric stories, then you distribute it among your families members. This is just that except instead of a kid it's God who is really pissed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lost his job and appears to be losing his head as well. Does Obamacare cover decapitations?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Internet Kraken posted:

Lost his job and appears to be losing his head as well. Does Obamacare cover decapitations?

Didn't you hear about the death panels?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Seems like Obamacare would be good for that guy, now he can finally afford get his hunchback straightened.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The smug elephant with the "I <3 War" button is good avatar material.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fitzsimmons really does have a great art style.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Four pages of :tinsley: chat, post some cartoons!

Let's start with a Greenberg with the ugliest labels has has ever made:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

The smug elephant with the "I <3 War" button is good avatar material.

Here's a left facing and a right facing version for anyone interested:

• Locked thread