Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
When I really want to insult someone, I call them Conservatives.

Or worse, Republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Counterpoint,
Winnipeg have us Zionist shithead extraordinaires, there aspers.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I've actually had liberal progressives from Winnipeg tell me the aspers were fantastic! for Winnipeg

Fantastic u guys

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

Everything south west of Winnipeg is boring as poo poo but there's actually quite a bit to see and do in the rest of the province.

Also yes, Winnipeg does have a decent theater scene and Winnipeg Fringe is amazing.

Anything further than like an hour north of the city is pretty poo poo too. Not to mention the monster mutant insects that live up north

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
How about the entire city is garbage

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Proud garbage, though. Especially when we get to watch our poo poo football team bomb like crazy.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

MonsieurChoc posted:

When I really want to insult someone, I call them Conservatives.

Or worse, Republicans.

That's so French

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ikantski posted:

That's so French

Guilty as charged.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I moved from, Winnipeg to Calgary

What does hope feel like?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Calling them "liberals" is better, it will upset leftists and Conservatives (who are actually liberals) alike.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Winnipeg is the best city east of Vancouver and west of Toronto.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lmao

the weakerthans play an overwrought song romancing white trash winnipeg life as a soundtrack to this thread

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Chicken posted:

Winnipeg is the best city east of Vancouver and west of Toronto.

It's been said before:

Everything good comes from Winnipeg.

And never goes back.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Winnipeg is a frozen shithole.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Cultural Imperial posted:

I've actually had liberal progressives from Winnipeg tell me the aspers were fantastic! for Winnipeg

Fantastic u guys

Izzy Asper was pretty awful, his son and daughter are just trash.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Slightly Toasted posted:

Anything further than like an hour north of the city is pretty poo poo too. Not to mention the monster mutant insects that live up north

Nah man theres all the great camping and poo poo and Gimli can be fun. Biking to the Viking, stuff going on at the drag strip, the Iclandic festival.

Also, apparently Churchill is amazing.

As for the bugs, ya, they're loving insane. I grew up in northern Ontario. There are loving SONGS written about the bugs in my neck of the woods. Manitoba bugs are worse. IDGAF any more though, I bought a bug suit. poo poo owns.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
songs about bugs

An Album by The Weakerthans

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

EvilJoven posted:

Nah man theres all the great camping and poo poo and Gimli can be fun. Biking to the Viking, stuff going on at the drag strip, the Iclandic festival.

As for the bugs, ya, they're loving insane. I grew up in northern Ontario. There are loving SONGS written about the bugs in my neck of the woods. Manitoba bugs are worse. IDGAF any more though, I bought a bug suit. poo poo owns.

I used to go to Flin Flon for summers and Christmases.

Its nice up there.

The town is poo poo though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I once met Guy Maddin in Gimli.

Thanks, try the pickerel.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 9, 2022

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
One day he'll figure out that the reason why we stopped using the word human being is similar to why we stopped using the word oval office but today's not that day.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

EvilJoven posted:

What, no link to a classic piece of Canadian Culture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HrGhn9nLI

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

Gimli's in the hour zone, they get a pass.

Anyone that talks about how beautiful manitoba is without leaving the city should be forced to spend a couple weeks in gillam brochet or shamattawa during the summer so they can see what manitoba actually looks like.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Eej posted:

One day he'll figure out that the reason why we stopped using the word human being is similar to why we stopped using the word oval office but today's not that day.

oh im sorry did my use of the word human being offend your sensibilities? i enjoy using human being because unlike gay it still gets a reaction. sorry youre so thin skinned, loser

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i had to be in winnipeg for work during fringe festival one year i was put up in the fairmont, every day after 5pm it was a ghost town, and the amount of addicted homeless people was depressing, thought i was going to get shanked at least a dozen times walking underneath portage and main why the gently caress can't you walk above ground instead of going through the underground robbery mall

the river area was nice but overall i felt it was just a loving dump

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://youtu.be/zhjhzegSJ24

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

i had to be in winnipeg for work during fringe festival one year i was put up in the fairmont, every day after 5pm it was a ghost town, and the amount of addicted homeless people was depressing, thought i was going to get shanked at least a dozen times walking underneath portage and main why the gently caress can't you walk above ground instead of going through the underground robbery mall

the river area was nice but overall i felt it was just a loving dump

The Portage and Main thing goes back to peoples loving cars, the only reason the intersection is walled up is because people believe that it will slow traffic.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Eej posted:

Yes, an explicitly anti-gay slur that has often been followed by actual violence is exactly the same as a rude word for a woman's genitals. Good comparison! I do not use that word, nor racial slurs, because they are harmful in addition to causing offence.

Frankly, even "retard" has a more distasteful connotation than "oval office."

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
unless your three sheets to the wind with your red neck idiot friends saying oval office is just weird if you're canadian i dont think there's a typical canadian who thinks that it's ok to throw around oval office, even my family who swears like nothing would be uncomfortable with it just stop trying to defend it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

LMAO if you think oval office is a word that people have only used to describe a woman's genitals and never used "violently"

I just called him a human being because he was a human being right? It's just a word used to describe a gay person.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

unless your three sheets to the wind with your red neck idiot friends saying oval office is just weird if you're canadian i dont think there's a typical canadian who thinks that it's ok to throw around oval office, even my family who swears like nothing would be uncomfortable with it just stop trying to defend it

PT6A isn't a "typical Canadian" hth

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Uh yes he is

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh good lord get over yourselves already.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
At least CI decides to contribute content, PT6A just brings anecdotes and a disturbing lack of self awareness.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cor you're all such whiny gashes wot

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I use the word oval office exclusively under the football (or heh..."soccer") setting exception to the rules of good manners.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

apatheticman posted:

At least CI decides to contribute content, PT6A just brings anecdotes and a disturbing lack of self awareness.

CI is like the thread equivalent of the guy who would stand behind a victorious Roman consul and whispers "memento mori (remember you are mortal / remember you will die) in his ear to keep him from getting too big for his britches. Except in this case the consul is CanPol and CI is whispering "Remember that Canadians are human garbage".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This brand video for the new PContariopc party logo is just the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHDYviiIngI

they just keep switching between Helvetica and Arial seemingly at random! In a branding video!

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Pinterest Mom posted:

they just keep switching between Helvetica and Arial seemingly at random! In a branding video!

McDonalds. Republicans. The OLP. Ontario conservatives. So bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Pinterest Mom posted:

For the first 30 or 40 seconds I didn't see what was so bad about this advertisement but then it turned into some kind of bizarre presentation on graphic design :psyduck: Who is this aimed at? Do voters really want to know, in this level of detail, how the sausege gets made when it comes to crafting a new logo?

Also, can you imagine what kind of internal polling must have motivated this? You know a party's brand was in the tank when they actually put out an advertisement taking like three full minutes to emphasize how totally new and different everything about the party's leadership and image is going to be. This is normally the kind of scrambling you see from a corporation that just accidentally killed a bunch of people with poison meat or something.