Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Barely saw any raised flags or candles in windows for independence day. Sad! Low energy.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Anyone else notice that the children's event that was moved because of the nazis has been subtly reframed as "alpacca people" or "the alpacca thing" instead of a children's event?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

throw to first drat IT posted:

Today I bought pakastepizza from Germany but also finnish potatoes and meat to make lihaskastike later. Does that mean I'm for both globalization AND protectionism? Also, which one makes me a nazi?

To name a few, but by no means all ways in which that is political:

Consumption of mass produced meat is anti animal rights, and bordering on denying global warming, or declaring you just don't care. Buying things with money is support for the capitalist system and the status quo. Making such lazy posts is anti-intellectualism.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Helsingin uutiset posted:

Miehen kimppuun käyneitä henkilöitä poliisi ei kuullut eikä ottanut heidän tietojaan.

– Vaikea sanoa, miltä tilanne on siinä vaiheessa näyttänyt. Poliisi on toiminut harkintansa mukaan, Kortelainen sanoo.

Hän huomauttaa, että pahoinpitelyä edelsi nuoren miehen provokaatio uusnatseja vastaan.

– Provokaatio ei oikeuta pahoinpitelyyn. Mutta ilman provokaatiota ei olisi ollut pahoinpitelyäkään.

If you don't aggravate skinheads by your existance, you don't get mauled by them. :cop:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005483660.html

quote:

Järjestäjän Facebook-kirjoitus osoittaa: Töölöntorin alpakka­tapahtumalla haluttiin viedä huomio pois 612-kulkueesta ja saada se siirtymään muualle

Nazi conspiracy theorists were.....right?

:thunk:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Of course he's still trying to deny it even though his own FB post confirming it is currently up on HS, IS, IL and MTV

Just admit it you dumbass

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Look the important thing here is that no windows were damaged

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.
The fact still remains that an event renting the space has priority over demonstrations. This is what happened with the rautatientori demonstrations being forced to move. The motivation behind the event doesn't matter, the police didn't follow their own precedent (mielivaltainen päätös).

I was a bit surprised no one posted the assault video already on Thursday.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Herman Merman posted:

Look the important thing here is that no windows were damaged

Windows are sooo last season. Now we burn flags. :v:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bensa posted:

The fact still remains that an event renting the space has priority over demonstrations. This is what happened with the rautatientori demonstrations being forced to move. The motivation behind the event doesn't matter, the police didn't follow their own precedent (mielivaltainen päätös).

I was a bit surprised no one posted the assault video already on Thursday.

It's almost as if people who are not nazis having an easier time to organize demonstrations with people who own spaces is what the law was intended to do in the first place.

Also, how absolutely horrible that someone would bring in cute animals and arrange a nice event for children to enjoy, and simultaneously make life hard for nazis. Deplorable! I hope they never do nice things again!

Unless the nazis want to abolish property rights, maybe we can find some common ground there.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I think the cops have an image problem.

https://twitter.com/laril/status/939432713978826752

(take a look at the dude's profile because uh, when people like that are calling you out you really have an image problem)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Weren't cops outed as actual nazi sympathizers when that private facebook group was revealed? So the problem goes deeper than their image. They mostly probably are Cock supporters too. :bang:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

doverhog posted:

They mostly probably are Cock supporters too. :bang:

You don't know?
http://www.kaleva.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/poliisien-puoluekannat-selvisivat-suurkyselyssa-kaksi-puoluetta-virkavallan-suosiossa/721841/

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

doverhog posted:

Weren't cops outed as actual nazi sympathizers when that private facebook group was revealed? So the problem goes deeper than their image. They mostly probably are Cock supporters too. :bang:

Yeah there was a bunch of MV-lehti and Vastarintaliike poo poo in their facebook group.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Are people really surprised when it turns out that ACAB applies once again?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once again, horseshoe theory proves itself to be true as the far-left and far-right both hate the police. And some random church guy does too.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The morons on the far left hate the police because they think we live in the US and the morons on the right hate the police because they think we should live like in the US and shoot everyone on sight.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
In other words, both groups should just get a hotel room and gently caress each other already.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Once again, horseshoe theory proves itself to be true

Thank you for your kind words.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

Thank you for your kind words.

User name + post combo

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I didnt force the coppers to post in that Facebook group :shrug:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

doverhog posted:

I didnt force the coppers to post in that Facebook group :shrug:

Yeah the non-gluedrinker non-nazi criticism against the cops tends to be founded in things that actually happen, like the poor track record that the police have in criminal investigations, being corrupt, constantly giving preferential treatment to the far right or being really into ethnic profiling and so on. All of those things are more or less well-documented these days, you just need to read a newspaper or something, Saying "they think it's like in America" is flat out wrong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Yeah the non-gluedrinker non-nazi criticism against the cops tends to be founded in things that actually happen, like the poor track record that the police have in criminal investigations, being corrupt, constantly giving preferential treatment to the far right or being really into ethnic profiling and so on.

I remember one week-end I was sitting in a flower pot eating pizza on Linnankatu and some cops came by and asked us if we saw the assault that had just happened (I'm the one who told the pizzeria guys to call the police as I had no mobile phone at the time) and I told them they (not he, they) had gone that-a-way and before I could say anything else they were in the maija and off and a few minutes later came back with a very scared-looking very Indian-looking lone guy with a rucksack and asked us if he was the guy and I told them no it was like four Savonian drunk dudes and if you'd waited for the description you'd probably have caught them so they just dumped the dude there and left in the other direction.

e: I'm not proud of ruining the flowers but I was rather drunk myself.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: I'm not proud of ruining the flowers but I was rather drunk myself.

I'm assuming you were also the assailant.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I'm assuming you were also the assailant.

The dude who was assaulted would probably have grassed on me when the police showed up.

They never even talked to him tho.

e: Also gently caress you for implying I'm Savonian.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm Savonian.

Bless you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:arghfist:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
It's all gloom and doom apparently with the police, but it's good to acknowledge that the cops in Finland aren't as corrupt as, say, some big country just outside our borders. At least we don't have to pay bribes. (That's when the police infrastructure is privatized, then it's called "customer service costs".) Still, the police need to do some renovation amongst their rank if they wanna keep their good image up.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Guyes I think Finland is a goddamn great country compared to almost all of the other ones, and compares well with the few other good ones too. Happy late 100. :angel: Even the cops are alright, could be a lot worse.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rexroom posted:

It's all gloom and doom apparently with the police, but it's good to acknowledge that the cops in Finland aren't as corrupt as, say, some big country just outside our borders. At least we don't have to pay bribes. (That's when the police infrastructure is privatized, then it's called "customer service costs".) Still, the police need to do some renovation amongst their rank if they wanna keep their good image up.

The police force as a whole in Finland is utterly and thoroughly corrupt. It's just impossible for a non-filthy rich biological person to bribe the police or a police.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The whole of society is corrupt. People purchase favours with social capital, inherit all sorts of unearned benefits from their parents, etc. God is a real rear end in a top hat. But, things are only ranked in comparison to something else. So, I still like Finland ok.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Finland is a great place. I'm not so fond of the language, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krabboss posted:

Finland is a great place. I'm not so fond of the language, though.

Yeah Swedish sucks.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
The social contract in Finland is breaking down because from now on we can't even attend a children's event without having a nagging feeling in our minds that we could be mean to Nazis

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005484859.html

doverhog
May 31, 2013

She is absolutely right, bunny and alpakka mies should have just openly said he was against nazis. It would've made his message stronger and avoided this. What kind of weak-rear end anti-nazi guy denies being against nazis when asked about it?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah Swedish sucks.

:wrong:

The Swedish is helpful for dumb English speakers like me who never really had to study a second language before.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

How is it reading this ketju when people randomly puhuvat suomea välillä? Finnish as your first second language is certainly a bold pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Vesi posted:

The social contract in Finland is breaking down because from now on we can't even attend a children's event without having a nagging feeling in our minds that we could be mean to Nazis

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005484859.html

Huh, I thought years of harassment of the press from "immigration critics" would've hinted her how much trust was in the establishment, but someone schedules alpacas in the same square, and now you see agents trying to disrupt civil society.