Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
God, picked up a breakfast crunchwrap sub-steak for Mrs. ROJO and I on the way home for the dentist. It was a transcendent experience today - the steak was plentiful, and the hash brown was crispy. Truly a live mas experience.

I was also feeling a bit frisky and experimental, so I also had picked up a breakfast quesadilla with steak, and god what a letdown. That really needs some sauce or something to make it edible. Way too dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I think their breakfast quesadilla is the same as the normal one minus the sauce and some cheese and add egg and whatever meat you choose.

A steak quesadilla with less cheese and no sauce but eggs doesn't sound good.

Edit: yep has no sauce plus egg

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
So ever since I heard TB was bringing back Pico De Gallo I've been mulling over how to trick them into giving me MexiMelts again.

The Cheese Quesadilla. Hold the Jalapeno sauce and add beef & pico. Sure it'll be like 6 and a half bucks, but it's a giant MexiMelt.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Q_res posted:

Hold the Jalapeno sauce

what the gently caress

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Q_res posted:

So ever since I heard TB was bringing back Pico De Gallo I've been mulling over how to trick them into giving me MexiMelts again.

The Cheese Quesadilla. Hold the Jalapeno sauce and add beef & pico. Sure it'll be like 6 and a half bucks, but it's a giant MexiMelt.

Check if your store has the cheesy rollup

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Q_res posted:

I am listening…

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

dphi posted:

Check if your store has the cheesy rollup

I remember that hack for a cheaper than a meximelt meximelt, but they took the ability to add beef to a cheesy roll up away (at least at my location).

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Decided to try the new taco anyway since it has been a while since I was last there. The cheese on the outside really ruins it messing with the texture. When I got to a part that didn't have the cheese it was a lot better.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

drunkb posted:

I remember that hack for a cheaper than a meximelt meximelt, but they took the ability to add beef to a cheesy roll up away (at least at my location).

Yeah you can't do it in the app here either.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Tried the cantina burrito -- as someone who hates the devil's lettuce (lettuce) it was nice having a fresh roughage option in here with the cabbage and the pico de gallo, and I still like the shredded chicken. Much much better than the taco. But too drat expensive, won't be going for it again.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I tried the Cantina Chicken Taco. It wasn't very good in my opinion. The chicken was good, but the taco shell itself was a bit difficult to eat. I would say their avocado sauce was the most disappointing part of the whole experience. It didn't taste much like avocado.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The Cantina Chicken Soft Taco is really good and it's the same price as the stupid cheese on the outside taco.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

The hard shell cheese on the outside taco is free today if you are a rewards member. It tasted better today, possibly because the employees are figuring out how the optimal cooking process. The shell was crispy and enjoyable.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Anderson Koopa posted:

The hard shell cheese on the outside taco is free today if you are a rewards member. It tasted better today, possibly because the employees are figuring out how the optimal cooking process. The shell was crispy and enjoyable.

Looks like it's a reward you can use till sometime in April so ill be saving that for next time I want to go, thanks for the info

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Q_res posted:

drunkb posted:

I am listening…

So I did this, but forgot to hold the Jalapeno sauce, so it wasn't exactly a MexiMelt. But it was loving awesome. $6.54 for a giant MexiMelt, $0.65 for the Pico and $1.20 for the Beef.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Q_res posted:

So I did this, but forgot to hold the Jalapeno sauce, so it wasn't exactly a MexiMelt. But it was loving awesome. $6.54 for a giant MexiMelt, $0.65 for the Pico and $1.20 for the Beef.

That sounds loving awesome.

----------------

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I grabbed a free cantina cheese thing today from the rewards and man was that thing gross. Flat like a pancake, literally dripping with grease, and the whole thing just disintegrated as I attempted to eat it. Flavor wasn't bad but the experience of eating it was pretty disgusting as it usually is with those cheese on the outside gimmicks and I will definitely not be paying money for one in the future. Chalupa was stale and my soft taco was moist so all in all not a very pleasant experience!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i ordered a crunchwrap the other day, sub beans for beef, and when i tried to eat it at home it smelled like day-old fish and the couple of nibbles i tried tasted similar. I have no clue why it was like that, but that's turned me off the crunchwrap for good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

i miss the crunchwrap but my local TB, despite being pretty on the ball with everything else, just can't make one that's edible

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

That is a weird taco, eat it right away in the parking lot.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

strangehamster posted:

Just get jack in the box tacos at that point

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

strangehamster posted:

My app was giving out a free one, so dabbled yesterday.

I really liked it, good flavor. For sure eat it asap, it will be a limp dick if if steams in the bag for more than 45 seconds most likely.

My gripe is the price. My store wants $3.89 for one. If it was a dollar cheaper I'd probably grab a few more while they are still around.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

tried a few of the Cantinas.

seems to be a pattern where all the chicken ones, the crispandas and the cantina is all the chicken is like slop?

also grabbed a Dragonfruit Freeze, that was killer.

----------------

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

1 dollar mexican pizza on the app at 2pm pacific today.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

DoorDash has 5 off a 15 dollar order with cantina menu stuff in it, gonna take advantage later today. Gonna get the burrito since I haven’t had it, another one of the gross cheese shell tacos that I actually love, and 2 cheesy bean and rice burritos with black beans, delivered for ~16 bucks, not great but not bad. Plan on getting an extra packet of the green cantina sauce for the CB&R burritos, i love that slop

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

big nipples big life posted:

1 dollar mexican pizza on the app at 2pm pacific today.

aw man, i'd love a dollar pizza for lunch today. 2pm pacific!!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Just got my order and what the gently caress, the burrito is tiny. I don’t know what I expected, guess I’m used to the $2 burritos (rip) and thought the more expensive burrito would be bigger, but I should have known better.

Flavor was good but I should’ve gotten more tacos instead.

OTOH I really enjoyed the taco, not sure if I’ve just gotten lucky but all 3 that I’ve eaten has been delicious.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

All the chicken ones taste like baby food slop

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Cantina chicken is good, even dried out at the end of the night it's good. Cantina tacos, soft and hard, are good. I want to try the giant meximelt now though.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, the Cantina Chicken is leaps and bounds better than their normal chicken, don't know what that guy's on. As for the Giant MexiMelt, do it. I got it again without the Jalapeno sauce and it was almost perfect. I probably should have asked for extra cheese and it might be worth asking them not to cut it's pretty loving sloppy with poo poo spilling out the sides.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I got my $1 Mexican Pizza today. It was pretty good. The Cantina Soft Chicken taco is very good, I like the crunchy spicy veggies.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The cantina burrito tastes very similar the chipotle ranch chicken burrito. Basically subbing out tortilla strips for cabbage and charging $3 more for it. Not bad though.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The tuesday drop this week is...

a set of coveralls? :confused:

I guess if you need a taco bell suit be ready at 2pm pacific.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol it looks so stupid but there are definitely at least 100 morons out there that want it

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

If i took the half a minute to look it up to post in the other thread, and they are trying to sell cheap lovely branded clothes so you pay to advertise for them as a "deal" again, so I guess this is fitting to post here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqGLb4Oxge8

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
once again some weird burrito that was fried in cheese was randomly added into my order for free

its still gross af and went right into the trash.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

having the delivery man bring me taco breakfast I am not feeling, this will lift my spirits I love the bell breakfast

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I will admit not knowing what "BOGO" (pronounced out loud) was until maybe a decade ago. I get the concept, but I learned the acronym. It's "buy one, get one" which is a time honored tradition.

"Ap rewards members can get BOGO 50% (limit 1 per day per user) on national burrito day!"

BOG1/2off-with-the-app(1PerUser)today-only-if-you-sign-up-and-earn-enough-points-by-buying-other-stuff

BOG1/2WTF1PUTOIFYSUP?

I mean deal updates are great but I think the best deal is hanging out next to Philthy's trash can, lol

Philthy posted:

once again some weird burrito that was fried in cheese was randomly added into my order for free

its still gross af and went right into the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Last day to grab that free cantina taco so I got it. It was alright I guess. It was at least freshly made, the shell was crispy. The cantina chicken was there. The green sauce was just generic verde sauce. Meh.