Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you want the limited edition SDCC Dinobot set with the Ark fold-out playset, Hasbro Toy Shop's still got some left in stock.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-transformers-dinobots-set-with-pop-up-headquarters?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus posted:

If you want the limited edition SDCC Dinobot set with the Ark fold-out playset, Hasbro Toy Shop's still got some left in stock.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-transformers-dinobots-set-with-pop-up-headquarters?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1

And the drat free shipping is back :rage filled emoticon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

strangehamster posted:

And the drat free shipping is back :rage filled emoticon:

It doesn't work on that set at the very least, when I ordered it it still charged :10bux: shipping

edit: and :10bux: tax :mad:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough, but in MTMTE 32, which pages have Swerve dead and Whirl dead? Am I just not familiar with what their alt modes are because everyone hardly spends any time in them or something?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

[url]http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-transformers-dinobots-set-with-pop-up-headquarters?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1[/url
Thanks a lot jerk, now I just bought more Dinobots :argh:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough, but in MTMTE 32, which pages have Swerve dead and Whirl dead? Am I just not familiar with what their alt modes are because everyone hardly spends any time in them or something?

They're both on the page with The DJD killing them all. Kaon is shooting Whirl in the face with Vos, and Tarn is crushing Swerve's head.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

RaspberryCommie posted:

They're both on the page with The DJD killing them all. Kaon is shooting Whirl in the face with Vos, and Tarn is crushing Swerve's head.

Page 20 is the page with that spread on it. So savage

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Whirl is also above a door frame on another page, I believe.

Spoilers here, obviously.
http://imgur.com/vSFGjgr

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I kind of hope they resurrect Whirl and Swerve and combine them into one singular might robot named Swirl

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Swirl would be their celebrity couple name.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Other then the Shoulder issue in Robot mode, how would you people rate Blitzwing? Are his vehicle modes really as awful as they look?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He is... decent, with multiple flaws. There's a lot of ways to fix his shoulder issues but they're still a bad thing that shouldn't have happened. I don't mind his altmodes, I think they are cool enough (mine doesn't have any nosecone issues). I don't get why they sculpted his feet as they are; they don't resemble thrusters in jet mode, and they don't look like anything in tank mode. The face gimmick is a cool homage to his animated incarnation. He is poseable and big in robot mode.

I'd say he's worth the money all in all.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

He is... decent, with multiple flaws. There's a lot of ways to fix his shoulder issues but they're still a bad thing that shouldn't have happened. I don't mind his altmodes, I think they are cool enough (mine doesn't have any nosecone issues). I don't get why they sculpted his feet as they are; they don't resemble thrusters in jet mode, and they don't look like anything in tank mode. The face gimmick is a cool homage to his animated incarnation. He is poseable and big in robot mode.

I'd say he's worth the money all in all.

I would agree with all this but also say he's only worth the money after buying the 3p head/gun upgrade because the default head is so goofy. So weirdly he's worth it at $50, but not at $22.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I found two upgrades, one by Dr. Wu and another one (can't remember the name now). I don't like the Wu head very much, but the other addon kit (comes with missiles too, I think) looks nice. It's a bit pricey though, which one did you get?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I would agree with all this but also say he's only worth the money after buying the 3p head/gun upgrade because the default head is so goofy. So weirdly he's worth it at $50, but not at $22.

I feel the exact opposite. He's a decent enough figure at $22, but a new head and gun does not address the major issues with this guy, not enough to spend twice as much. The potential is there in the design, but the execution on the final figure is just gappy and a bit of a mess.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Anora posted:

Other then the Shoulder issue in Robot mode, how would you people rate Blitzwing? Are his vehicle modes really as awful as they look?
:goonsay: Here are some words about Blitzwing:

- The shoulder/chest issue is inexcusable and ruins the figure. I guess you could find a way to look past this glaringly severe issue, but it kills it for me and if I'd known about it beforehand I would have avoided this guy.

- The feet are dumb as mentioned previously. Not a big deal because they actually function as feet, but still.

- The leg proportions are strange. Either the thigh area is too stumpy or the shin region is too long. Something is just off about the legs. I like the design and it reminds me of the sketch someone posted in the last thread. I think the knee just needs to be dropped a little and shorten the tread-shin part.

- The changeable face is stupid and poorly executed. Get an Animated Blitzwing if you want an Animated Blitzwing. The figure already has 3 modes, why bother with the face thing? Mine doesn't change easily and some paint scratched off when trying to change the faces, so now it's going to stay on the "correct" face for good.

- The nosecone is garbage. The soft rubber doesn't keep it's shape. The nosecone doesn't fit over the head. Some of the paint scratched off the head on first transformation.

- I like the alt-modes, conversely. I don't mind the gaps in jet mode and I think everything condenses into a nice little tank mode. I like the way the turret can swing around and do stuff. The missile launching action is solid.

What was really disappointing about Blitzwing was I picked him up with Springer, who is a marvelous triple-changer and everything works the way it should and he's just so great :allears:. I've been tempted by the add-on sets but I can't justify spending anymore money on this figure. Maybe someone will hook me up with the non-Dr. Wu pack for secret santa (wink wink).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackheart posted:

I found two upgrades, one by Dr. Wu and another one (can't remember the name now). I don't like the Wu head very much, but the other addon kit (comes with missiles too, I think) looks nice. It's a bit pricey though, which one did you get?

I got the Wu kit and I'm very satisfied with it, but of course head/face sculpt is pretty subjective stuff.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TheDK posted:

:goonsay: Here are some words about Blitzwing:

- The shoulder/chest issue is inexcusable and ruins the figure. I guess you could find a way to look past this glaringly severe issue, but it kills it for me and if I'd known about it beforehand I would have avoided this guy.

- The feet are dumb as mentioned previously. Not a big deal because they actually function as feet, but still.

- The leg proportions are strange. Either the thigh area is too stumpy or the shin region is too long. Something is just off about the legs. I like the design and it reminds me of the sketch someone posted in the last thread. I think the knee just needs to be dropped a little and shorten the tread-shin part.

- The changeable face is stupid and poorly executed. Get an Animated Blitzwing if you want an Animated Blitzwing. The figure already has 3 modes, why bother with the face thing? Mine doesn't change easily and some paint scratched off when trying to change the faces, so now it's going to stay on the "correct" face for good.

- The nosecone is garbage. The soft rubber doesn't keep it's shape. The nosecone doesn't fit over the head. Some of the paint scratched off the head on first transformation.

- I like the alt-modes, conversely. I don't mind the gaps in jet mode and I think everything condenses into a nice little tank mode. I like the way the turret can swing around and do stuff. The missile launching action is solid.

What was really disappointing about Blitzwing was I picked him up with Springer, who is a marvelous triple-changer and everything works the way it should and he's just so great :allears:. I've been tempted by the add-on sets but I can't justify spending anymore money on this figure. Maybe someone will hook me up with the non-Dr. Wu pack for secret santa (wink wink).

See, I feel exactly the opposite. I love Blitzwing, dumb shoulder issues and all, and his modes are great (except for jerking off the barrel to fire the tank missile. That's dumb)

But Springers alt modes piss me off to no end because nothing quite lines up right. Be it the doors in car mode or the back flap thing in heli mode or whatever. And the dang gaps in between the fenders and the hood or the goofy setup his arms do in heli mode.

But Springer's bot mode is badass as hell and Blitzwing is kinda eh as a bot.

For what it's worth I have no nose cone issues, but the shoulders are unfortunate.

I'd probably have gotten Doubledealer instead, if I'd known he existed. And I can't justify two of them.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sockser posted:

I'd probably have gotten Doubledealer instead, if I'd known he existed. And I can't justify two of them.

You can because his head is remolded and each alt mode is either an Autobot or a Decepticon.

And both being triple changers you can keep each in a different alt mode.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Someone make a real version of this please

It has a sort of JizaiToys look to it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, there's this 3p company that's making a triple changer Megatron (gun AND tank) and all things considered it actually looks passable. I don't know if they're the same guys but there's also this new set of 3p stunticons that are more like the G1 toys with articulation, they also look kinda fun.

Speaking of 3P i'm really considering ordering a Mania King vintage version, but 100 bucks is a bit too much for what it is, I feel.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
For everyone on the fence about Generations Jhiaxus, you should get him. There has never been a transformer this orange before. Like if you look at him and then shut your eyes the orange is so bright that you can still see his image.

He is that orange, it is amazing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm gonna get him (probably the whole wave) but I still want this:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackheart posted:

:(

The thing with springer vs blitzwing is that blitzwing is flawed but kind of fixable and ends up landing squarely at "pretty good". Springer is soooo close to being amazing, but has some issues with gappiness and things not pegging right, so he feels like a much bigger miss.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Well, there's this 3p company that's making a triple changer Megatron (gun AND tank) and all things considered it actually looks passable. I don't know if they're the same guys but there's also this new set of 3p stunticons that are more like the G1 toys with articulation, they also look kinda fun.

Speaking of 3P i'm really considering ordering a Mania King vintage version, but 100 bucks is a bit too much for what it is, I feel.

I might be able to hook you up, because I've been thinking of selling mine and getting the newer, more accurate one.

What country do you live in again?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

He is that orange, it is amazing.
Orange you glad he comes with Crosshairs' guns too?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Blackheart posted:

The tank might be kinda iffy but the bot and gun mode (at least the 3D render that has been shown) looks pretty good. I think he's only Voyager sized though, so unfortunately he won't look good next to MP-10. A Prime without a Megatron just looks so lonely :smith:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

Why is Cosmos a jet thing?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I might be able to hook you up, because I've been thinking of selling mine and getting the newer, more accurate one.

No no, the vintage version is the cartoon-accurate one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

:(

The thing with springer vs blitzwing is that blitzwing is flawed but kind of fixable and ends up landing squarely at "pretty good". Springer is soooo close to being amazing, but has some issues with gappiness and things not pegging right, so he feels like a much bigger miss.

Springer, as I've posted before, holds together perfectly well as long as you follow a very specific and counterintuitive order-of-operations. At least, he does in car mode.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm interested in this, I like the design but I don't like Galvatron enough to pay full price and the original version is close enough. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell. I'm in :911:

To add to Blitzwing chat, the shoulder issue is a pretty bad design oversight, but there's multiple fixes available. Fifteen minutes of sanding fixes the shoulders, I wouldn't pass up the figure just because of that. I consider the gapiness in both vehicles and the big head and rubber nosecone bigger issues, but I still like the figure. It's very ambitious.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

Springer, as I've posted before, holds together perfectly well as long as you follow a very specific and counterintuitive order-of-operations. At least, he does in car mode.

Yup. There are five copies of the Springer mold in my apartment and they all peg together properly with a little finagling. Sandstorm is much easier to pull together properly, though, so clearly there was room for improvement.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

Yup. There are five copies of the Springer mold in my apartment and they all peg together properly with a little finagling. Sandstorm is much easier to pull together properly, though, so clearly there was room for improvement.
Sandstorm has the advantage of having a much more dramatic difference between altmodes and the numerous additional connection points that provides.

Plus the window-grills hide any lingering gaps in the dune-buggy-mode cab.

... but why do you have five Springers? Springer, Sandstorm, MAYBE Cloud Rodimus if you're a mad person... what else!?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Columpio and drepan are out, and of course they are 100 bucks. I think $100 is now the acceptable standard 3rd party pricing for whatever, like $10 used to be for the deluxe class 7 years ago.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

... but why do you have five Springers? Springer, Sandstorm, MAYBE Cloud Rodimus if you're a mad person... what else!?

You misunderstand, I literally mean five Springers (and two Sandstorms). My girlfriend collects TFs and reeeaaaaaallllllly likes Springer. She has three Hasbro Springers (one for each mode) and a Takara Springer for the different paint job. The fifth is mine.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Sandstorm has the advantage of having a much more dramatic difference between altmodes and the numerous additional connection points that provides.

Plus the window-grills hide any lingering gaps in the dune-buggy-mode cab.
I think Hasbro discussed at a panel somewhere that Sandstorm was actually the one designed first, then they realized they could also make a Springer out of it. That explains why Sandstorm is the better mold, but the less-popular character.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

You misunderstand, I literally mean five Springers (and two Sandstorms). My girlfriend collects TFs and reeeaaaaaallllllly likes Springer. She has three Hasbro Springers (one for each mode) and a Takara Springer for the different paint job. The fifth is mine.

I'm wringing my hands in front of a keyboard, trying to work out a response to this that adequately embodies my extremely complex emotional and physical response to this post.

... Nope, sorry. Nothing doing. No assortment of adjectives could accurately articulate my actual attitude. Alas.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Then, dear DoctorWhat, what do you think of my 8 Jazzes? Besides me needing atleast one more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can only hope these Springers were accumulated when they were like 9 bucks on Amazon during the Black Friday sales.

edit: Jazz is cheaper than Springer. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Then, dear DoctorWhat, what do you think of my 8 Jazzes? Besides me needing atleast one more.

Are they just Jazzes or his many, many redecos? And which mold?

And was it all in search of one whose chest stayed down?