Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

rediscover posted:

Continuing my first playthrough of Final Fantasy III (6, snes version), and I am absolutely in love. I just got access to Espers, and am in the middle of doing the Opera House part and it's so loving cool. This game is so drat cool. Merry Christmas all.

Oh man :D i'm jealous of you playing through that the first time , the Opera House is so good but there's also a ton of cool poo poo to come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played two hours of romancing Saga 2 and killed a boss and im still not sure I totally get it but it's fun and the updated enemy sprites look great instead of the usual rear end that Square snes ports have looked like recently

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

multibowl loving owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lots of dishonored 2. hope i can skip work for more dishonored 2

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lots of dishonored 2. hope i can skip work for more dishonored 2

drat, I know what you mean, there - I had similar thoughts, when I first played through it!

As for me, I was down at the beach with my doggo and the family for Christmas (proof) so I didn't actually do much gaming this long weekend. I did however play a bit of CK2 again, before and after Christmas while I was at home. (EDIT: Back at work again now though, sadly. So that's cut my gaming-time short :( )

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 26, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

As for me, I was down at the beach with my doggo and the family for Christmas (proof)

that is a good rear end dog

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Excellent dog

I played the Dark Souls of platformers aka Cuphead which is actually pretty fun. I'll probably get back to my Persona 3 playthrough this evening

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Major Isoor posted:

drat, I know what you mean, there - I had similar thoughts, when I first played through it!

As for me, I was down at the beach with my doggo and the family for Christmas (proof) so I didn't actually do much gaming this long weekend. I did however play a bit of CK2 again, before and after Christmas while I was at home. (EDIT: Back at work again now though, sadly. So that's cut my gaming-time short :( )

Epic. Merry Christmas bro

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh, thanks all :shobon: he's certainly a good doggo! He was very excited to run around and sniff things at the beach for the first time.
Hopefully you all have been having a great Christmas/New Year period, too (and have been making use of all the sales going on, like on Steam)

Also, has anyone here tried the new Mexican PUBG map? I gave it a few goes before going away the other day and it seems pretty good. I think once the 'new map' feel dies down, the old Russian map will be considered better overall, though. (For me, at least - I do like sneaking around in the bushes, which is harder to do on the new map)

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, thanks all :shobon: he's certainly a good doggo! He was very excited to run around and sniff things at the beach for the first time.
Hopefully you all have been having a great Christmas/New Year period, too (and have been making use of all the sales going on, like on Steam)

Also, has anyone here tried the new Mexican PUBG map? I gave it a few goes before going away the other day and it seems pretty good. I think once the 'new map' feel dies down, the old Russian map will be considered better overall, though. (For me, at least - I do like sneaking around in the bushes, which is harder to do on the new map)

The new map is 100000x better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

The new map is 100000x better

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

It reminds me of MGS5 with all the terrain. There are no side open fields

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the roads are exposed naturally, but theres no giant expanses of flat terrain with no cover the circle always winds up on lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremebuff posted:

yeah the roads are exposed naturally, but theres no giant expanses of flat terrain with no cover the circle always winds up on lol

Yeah, that's true - I did notice that when I played, which is a huge improvement. I think I'm just going to have to adjust the way I sneak around, since there are a lot of small ridges and gullies, etc. around the place. All the little rocks, etc. does seem to make it easier to flip bikes though, which is unfortunate - I love flooring it and landing huge jumps, while escaping from enemy teams. :D
(Also, I might be the only one who thinks this, but it'd be nice if they brought out a more browny-camo jacket, though. The old camo ones stand out like a sore thumb on the new map. This doesn't seem to be a concern for any of my friends, but I dunno, I think having a jacket similar to that camel-brown trench coat might make being spotted from a distance while prone in a ditch slightly harder.)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Mario Party 3

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
practically isaac nonstop for the last couple days, but i also played some Cuphead: Dont Deal With the Devil.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Some madmen apparently patched Episode 1 Racer to work on modern PCs so Im going to spend tonight reliving some of my childhood

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm playing Breath of Fire 5!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Some madmen apparently patched Episode 1 Racer to work on modern PCs so Im going to spend tonight reliving some of my childhood

Oh poo poo that's awesome.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Experiencing the nostalgic feel of manually setting up my controller keybinds from scratch.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Oh wow, that's amazing! Loved that game - Clegg Holdfast and Mars Gao were the best! (Don't even bother asking how I remember those names - I honestly can't tell you)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
My dream is that one day they'll release re-mastered versions of Ep1 Racer and the NOLF series on Steam

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

My dream is that one day they'll release re-mastered versions of Ep1 Racer and the NOLF series on Steam

Nolf ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

defeated Belias, The Gigas last night and unlocked him as a summon :cheers:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

That would be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

somebody tried to resuscitate the NOLF license recently IIRC and the response from activision was that it would cost more money for them to pay somebody a salary to physically find the contract in their archival vault than the eventual value of the licensing sale would be, so they just said no.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Well apparently since you can’t buy the games anymore someone put them up with all the community patches, fully playable in Windows 10

http://nolfrevival.tk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Well apparently since you can’t buy the games anymore someone put them up with all the community patches, fully playable in Windows 10

Oh hell yes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m gonna download it tonight. I still get the NOLF theme stuck in my head sometimes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More Xenoblade and then probably UNIST later.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

still counting this as a christmas miracle

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

still counting this as a christmas miracle

I hope that since nobody knows who owns NOLF still nobody can issue a takedown.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another Christmas miracle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-mz4NnAio

Somebody released a hacked chalice dungeon that lets you explore cut content that they've been salvaging

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
pinky from pinky and the brain: nolf

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Episode 1 racer is easier than I remember but the final courses are still some of the craziest ive ever seen in a game. Wish this style of racer would come back without just being a wipeout remaster or whatever

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gaming gods give me a lightning fast racer with 32 player online races :pray:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Episode 1 racer is easier than I remember but the final courses are still some of the craziest ive ever seen in a game. Wish this style of racer would come back without just being a wipeout remaster or whatever

the n64 version? i played that a shitton growing up, stuff like this and fzero needs to make a comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had the Dreamcast version, it was a good port and the framerate was way better than the N64 version