Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cyber Sleuth sold like half as many copies as the last World game in Japan and World has been a steady seller in the West since its original release in 2000.

My point is if the next Cyber Sleuth doesn't come to the west it won't be because World sold poorly, it's because Cyber Sleuth sold poorly.

e: I was thinking of the PSP game, not the newest World on Vita released this year. No release data on Cyber Sleuth in the West but quotes like "20th best selling digital game" aren't uplifting.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Manatee Cannon posted:

I feel like if you bought cyber sleuth, there is a 90% chance you already know that digimon world was a bad game
I guess I'm the 10%. But then I am weird and I actually listen for RPG recommendations I don't know about :shrug:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Playstation 4 version was the 20th best selling title in north america and 19th in Europe and for a series that had long since lost a ton of steam and is behind a lot of potential games those could be, that's not even a little bit bad, also the Vita version was legit one of the best selling games for that handheld in NA and Europe, like that game didn't even do a little bit poorly over here.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Baal posted:

The Playstation 4 version was the 20th best selling title in north america and 19th in Europe and for a series that had long since lost a ton of steam and is behind a lot of potential games those could be, that's not even a little bit bad, also the Vita version was legit one of the best selling games for that handheld in NA and Europe, like that game didn't even do a little bit poorly over here.

My argument is that nobody should be sweating over Next Order as some kind of test for Cyber Sleuth, because not only is it attached to a name that has a longer history but it was received just as well and in a more hostile market with Sony basically abandoning the platform in 2016. There was also the campaign to bring over Re:Digitize that Bamco directly addressed last year.

It'll do fine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one's sweating over it as a test, they just think Digimon World sucks and don't want to have to wait for another Cyber Sleuth like game

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Well Next Order didn't suck so everyone wins.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm looking at AmiAmi's listing for the Bikini Party edition and in the screenshots included I see they added subtitles, well, everywhere.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0017036

The in-stage dialogue, for example, is not subbed in my copy so I'm guessing they're using the same build used for the western version. If nothing else, this confirms we won't have scenes without subs.

Interestingly, Uppers was fully subbed from the get go.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 confirmed for Vita

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm not sure that Another World's art style suits Persona.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Baal posted:

It was also the 20th game being released in NA and 19th in Europe for Vita this year.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm not sure that Another World's art style suits Persona.

I'd be fine with any Persona game looking like a blurry out of focus picture of a thumb as long as the music is intact.

ooh yeah, duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh, baby baby...

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

BGrifter posted:

I'd be fine with any Persona game looking like a blurry out of focus picture of a thumb as long as the music is intact.

ooh yeah, duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh, baby baby...

One of the things keeping me from enjoying the Persona franchise is the music, actually. Meguro can write some really good riffs, but the lack of diversity in his composition style puts me off to him.

Not to say he isn't a good composer, but I'd be happy if he at least used some new midi tones to make his music at least a little less predictable.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

al-azad posted:

Well Next Order didn't suck so everyone wins.

It's a World game, so it's trash by its very nature.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Do you like anime?

Of course you do.

An hour of GUST things is coming up on Koei Tecmo's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c

It should be about 2:30:00 in when the stream finishes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

One of the things keeping me from enjoying the Persona franchise is the music, actually. Meguro can write some really good riffs, but the lack of diversity in his composition style puts me off to him.

Not to say he isn't a good composer, but I'd be happy if he at least used some new midi tones to make his music at least a little less predictable.
there's a ton of diversity in his stuff, though. Persona 3 has j-rap, trance, rock, and piano pieces. Persona 4 has j-pop, j-rock and jazz. The Raidou series is mostly jazz. Digital Devil Saga has a ton of rock and techno. He uses a lot of different genres and instruments.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok that was just for a mobile game. But Atelier and Nights of Azure 2 are listed for 14:15 Japan time. They're just doing Nioh gameplay until Kojima finishes up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just played edf 2 for the first time

my life till now has been incomplete

i never knew how fun shooting giant ants could be

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

EDF EDF EDF

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just hooting wildly spraying bullets in the air and watching ants die

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Just hooting wildly spraying bullets in the air and watching ants die
that belongs in a thread title somewhere

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
PS Vita Discussion: watching ants die until sony releases a new model

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

do you mean GIANT IN-SECTS

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Just took a break from some work and played a couple levels of EDF 2017 on my PStv... man I wish they had a reload button in that like they do 4.1 on the PS4. These are those games that if you didn't hear anyone else talk about them, you'd see them online or at the store and think "that looks cheap and stupid". Yet it is amazing and you curse yourself for skipping over it when you eventually do hear about it after it's cult following blows up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Edf 2 isn't a good game but it's goddamn amazing

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just took a break from some work and played a couple levels of EDF 2017 on my PStv... man I wish they had a reload button in that like they do 4.1 on the PS4. These are those games that if you didn't hear anyone else talk about them, you'd see them online or at the store and think "that looks cheap and stupid". Yet it is amazing and you curse yourself for skipping over it when you eventually do hear about it after it's cult following blows up.

It is cheap and stupid.

EDF EDF EDF

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is titty ninjas worth 23 dollars or is that just a game to avoid all around?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

NESguerilla posted:

You're going to need to be more specific.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The one that's on sale. Senran Kagara.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NESguerilla posted:

Avoid

(Regardless of which NinjiTit game it is)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Vita one actually is missing several DLC events relating to post game story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

The one that's on sale. Senran Kagara.
which one

shinovi versus is very bad, estival versus is, like, an okay brawler if you turn off all the stuff that interrupts gameplay but still very repetitive

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm upset i bought the lovely one!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's estival versus. I kind of just want something dumb to play while I'm watching tv. If it's not a good brawler I won't bother.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NESguerilla posted:

EV? Not really. Is a 15 bucks game at most.

Versus is more worthy the 23 bucks but you can get it on Steam without any of the performance issues present on the Vita version, so yeah.

Dehry posted:

The Vita one actually is missing several DLC events relating to post game story.

Well not several, just the final mission. :v:

NESguerilla posted:

It's estival versus. I kind of just want something dumb to play while I'm watching tv. If it's not a good brawler I won't bother.

Is a serviceable brawler but it suffers of a bloated roster that in turn, makes a lot of the missions feel very repetitive.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
shinovi versus is not worth 23 bucks, on steam or no, tbh

the pc version lets you turn off the cutscenes that interrupt the flow of combat but it's still kind of mind-numbing to play

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only online action left in Estival Versus is people making various nude edits of characters in a model posing mode through creative use of baloons and mushrooms.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i tried shinovi versus and it was straight up dogshit

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EV? Not really. Is a 15 bucks game at most.

Versus is more worthy the 23 bucks but you can get it on Steam without any of the performance issues present on the Vita version, so yeah.

Isn't EV way better than SV from a technical/mechanical perspective alone? I don't really regard PLOT for a brawler.

I know you really hate the Vita ones but come on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

All Senran Kagura is thoroughly mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schrodingers cat posted:

Isn't EV way better than SV from a technical/mechanical perspective alone? I don't really regard PLOT for a brawler.

I know you really hate the Vita ones but come on.

they're all loving trash