Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

thought experiment, what are the 5 moments ppl want to see most (w book number if you know$

I’m thinking (no order)

(1) Dumais wells 6
(2) perrin’s arc in two rivers -> battle of Emonds field 4
(3) rhuidean / glass pillars 4
(4) nynaeve recruiting malkieri to ride with lan 11
(5) nynaeve breaking her block on the ship 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

buffalo all day posted:

thought experiment, what are the 5 moments ppl want to see most (w book number if you know$

I’m thinking (no order)

(1) Dumais wells 6
(2) perrin’s arc in two rivers -> battle of Emonds field 4
(3) rhuidean / glass pillars 4
(4) nynaeve recruiting malkieri to ride with lan 11
(5) nynaeve breaking her block on the ship 7

1: Rand on Dragonmount -> going to the white tower to tell Egwene he needs to break the seals and to meet at Merrilor
2: Rhuidean in book 4
3: Dumai's wells
4: Nynaeve's test for the shawl and subsequent telling the tower Aes Sedai to gently caress off
5: Cleansing Saidin

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Perrin eating ham

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Perrin eating ham

A great victory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1. Glass Pillars
2. Lan vs. Demandred
3. Battle of Emond's Field
4. Ingtar's last stand
5. Mat with the Snakes and Foxes

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re gonna totally gently caress up Aiel humor.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
It's just a weave

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Yeah so the soonest one named comes is end of s2, but mostly ppls favorite moments are like s4 at the earliest. I was feeling like that and just wanted to see if others felt the same. Wild to think that stuff like Rand on dragonmount is like…8 years away?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1. Dumai's Wells 6
2. EOTW Prologue 1
3. Egwene defending the White Tower 12
4. Lan's futile charge at Tarwin's Gap 13
5. Nynaeve vs. Moghedien 4

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

1. Perrin's return to The Two Rivers (4)
2. All of Dumai's Well (6)
3. Nynaeve breaking her block (7)
4. Mat, et al. vs. Gholam (7)
5. "The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gaidon."

So many more, honestly.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Rand breaking out of the box

Rand balefiring an entire city out of existence

Sick training montage of Egwene & Nynaeve once they get to the tower

I don't even remember what else off the top of my head from the books.

Also wtf, my audiobook of EOTW that I just picked up is missing the Prologue with LTT. It just goes straight into Chapter 1 with Rand.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
"Five ride forth" is really up there too, I just can't pick only 5, really.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Circus girls doing tightrope walks for an entire season

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mat owning the princes in book 2

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

mat leading the red hand and hearing them sing jak o' the shadows

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Obviously its the last battle, because it means they got the whole story out.

But a serious one would be, in no order

Lan v damodred
The lands of the finn
The battle of carhien
Fire and spirit
Perrin forging the hammer and the battle that follows

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I AM RAND AL'THOR! I AM THE DRAGON REBORN!

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

1) the part when Rand says he wishes he was as good with women as Perrin
2) the part when Perrin says he wishes he was as good with women as Mat
3) the part when Mat says he wishes he was as good with women as Rand

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

was going to make a joke post of 5 spankings but felt too pervy even writing it out, lol at rj

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

J. P. Beagley posted:

1) the part when Rand says he wishes he was as good with women as Perrin
2) the part when Perrin says he wishes he was as good with women as Mat
3) the part when Mat says he wishes he was as good with women as Rand

I'm pretty sure all 3 of these happy in all 14 books :thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Rand/Rahvin/Nynaeve fight

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Sab669 posted:

I'm pretty sure all 3 of these happy in all 14 books :thunk:

:thejoke:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I want to see the part where Nynaeve laments how violent men are and then boxes someone's ears.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

buffalo all day posted:

In no particular order:

The cleansing
The pillars of Rhuidean
Mat and the Eelfinn
Rand vs Samael
The Darkfriend Social

Bonus line that they'd better not leave out: "Is there any way to make sure she knows it's me?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm looking forward to that scene of the Forsaken all meeting in that MC Escher drawing with the staircases going in all directions

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Cleansing
The glass pillars
Birgitte.
The snakes and foxes
Matt saving Egwene and Nyneave in the stone of tear and being grumpy about it the whole way.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

CainFortea posted:

The Cleansing
The glass pillars
Birgitte.
The snakes and foxes
Matt saving Egwene and Nyneave in the stone of tear and being grumpy about it the whole way.

Combine 3, 4, and 5

I want "What language speak we, sounder of the horn"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The main thing I want to see is Rand's gradual descent into madness.

Past that it's hard to pick out individual scenes. Maybe the quarterstaff fight. The snakes and the foxes. Most of Book IV, really.

I imagine they will have to skip "I win again, Lews Therin"

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I imagine they will have to skip "I win again, Lews Therin"

Blasphemy

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Most of Book IV, really.

i have high hopes this series gets at least to book 4/5, given the current reception, which is exciting given how much dope poo poo happens there

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Season 1 covers Books 1 & 2 and even parts of 3, right? And we know S2 was already confirmed and S3 rumored. If we don't get as far as Book 5 by then I'd be bigly surprised

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How about that battle after Loial's wedding (I think?) where he's blasting the oncoming waves of Trollocs with deathgates? I thought that was hilarious and would make some great visuals

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Sab669 posted:

Season 1 covers Books 1 & 2 and even parts of 3, right? And we know S2 was already confirmed and S3 rumored. If we don't get as far as Book 5 by
then I'd be bigly surprised

Absolutely not. S1's all of TEoTW, with only minor things from 2 and 3 moved forward.

S2 is definitely The Great Hunt, because they just announced casting for Barthanes Damodred and they're about halfway through filming.

The show is moving very quickly, but not at that insane breakneck pace.

Anyway the first major thing I think they have to absolutely nail is the entire Falme sequence. Blademaster, To Come Out of the Shadow, The Grave is no Bar

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 22, 2021

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That one is crazy because I think it's the first time Lews Therin straight up seizes control and starts wilding out, then tries to do a repeat Dragonmount before Rand talks him down by promising they can die. Logain and Cadsuane's reactions are real good too.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I assume they will combine a lot of books 2 and 3.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I want to see Mat getting married.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Absolutely not. S1's all of TEoTW, with only minor things from 2 and 3 moved forward.

S2 is definitely The Great Hunt, because they just announced casting for Barthanes Damodred and they're about halfway through filming.

The show is moving very quickly, but not at that insane breakneck pace.

Anyway the first major thing I think they have to absolutely nail is the entire Falme sequence. Blademaster, To Come Out of the Shadow, The Grave is no Bar

Found the tweet I was thinking of -

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1433524379774685185

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
Does anyone have any solid information on how well the show is being received? I've been looking at rotten tomatoes and metacritic hoping it's been going well. It seems above average but not crazy well received. Hoping for a long run as I really think they nailed the first 3 episodes - really looking forward to fridays until the end of the year.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

stramit posted:

Does anyone have any solid information on how well the show is being received? I've been looking at rotten tomatoes and metacritic hoping it's been going well. It seems above average but not crazy well received. Hoping for a long run as I really think they nailed the first 3 episodes - really looking forward to fridays until the end of the year.

It seems to be doing well for a fantasy adaptation but it's getting review bombed a bit, partly by people who just don't like fantasy, partly by people who feel it's too "woke", partly by people who find it somewhat slow and oddly edited (a legit critique of the first book).

Rottentomatoes has it at the exact same critics score that Witcher season 1 got, and 83% audience vs 91% audience for ws1.

WOT has already been confirmed renewed for a.sexond season and there are rumors of a s3 renewal but that isn't confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It seems to be doing well for a fantasy adaptation but it's getting review bombed a bit, partly by people who just don't like fantasy, partly by people who feel it's too "woke", partly by people who find it somewhat slow and oddly edited (a legit critique of the first book).

Rottentomatoes has it at the exact same critics score that Witcher season 1 got, and 83% audience vs 91% audience for ws1.

WOT has already been confirmed renewed for a.sexond season and there are rumors of a s3 renewal but that isn't confirmed.

S3 renewal was confirmed last week, wasn't it?