Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Citizen Tayne posted:

As soon as they have the votes, it's gone

Would they though, and would it matter? If they couldn't get 50 votes for a replacement, are they really going to get 50 for a repeal without a replacement? That was a big thing in the campaign, that you can't just repeal it, that would be madness, you have to replace it with something. Even most Republicans agreed with that. How the hell are they going to get 50 votes now?

Perfectly Safe posted:

Nah.

I mean, Trump's problem isn't actually the filibuster, for one thing.

Yeah, that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

logikv9 posted:

Computers won't work after the EMP hits
inshallah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Kentcucky

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perfectly Safe posted:

Nah.

I mean, Trump's problem isn't actually the filibuster, for one thing.

He is looking forward towards the next obstacle.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

punchymcpunch posted:

im seein a lot of pissimism itt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Jeb can fix it

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

this thread in general vastly overestimates alleged republican competence in governing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

citizen tayne your gimmick is dumb and boring as poo poo

you're dead on about republican evil but you're dramatically overestimating their competence

"The truth is a lovely gimmick" - galactic brain D&D poster

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

Frankly, they should have shut down the state department programs that do all the war crimes long ago. I assume that's what this is about.

:newlol:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:glomp: close enough

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/K3eaJOv.gifv

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It doesn't matter how incompetent they are right now, the NSDAP had a decade plus to go from being a gaggle of idiot nerds to an engine of death, mostly because no one took them seriously at first.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

quoting because no one else did. what a great line, too bad its not on the record.

efb handful

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mo_Steel posted:

:glomp: close enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMCR66zjZo

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al! posted:

hi thread

right click to look, left click to use.

you have a baloogan in your inventory, use him on things

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2VmVM2Vd5dqdG0wX1VoVkVERDg

Here's my quote for the back of the box.

"I keep playing this garbage."

But, seriously, baloogan duck is great. Lol the Ben Carson pyramid granary joke was a nice ancient pull too.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Great now I will have nightmares about water heaters.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
save me the quotes from top republicans, I want quotes from bottom republican.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Protecting Access to Care Act,

Holy poo poo this bill

quote:

This bill establishes provisions governing health care lawsuits where coverage for the care was provided or subsidized by the federal government, including through a subsidy or tax benefit. The bill does not preempt certain state laws and federal vaccine injury laws and rules.

The statute of limitations is three years after the injury or one year after the claimant discovers the injury, whichever occurs first. For a minor, the statute of limitations is three years after the injury, except for a minor under six years old, for whom it is three years after the injury, one year after discovery of the injury, or the minor's eighth birthday, whichever occurs later. These limitations are tolled under certain circumstances.

Noneconomic damages are limited to $250,000. Juries may not be informed of this limitation. Parties are liable for the amount of damages directly proportional to their responsibility. These provisions do not preempt state laws that specify a particular monetary amount of damages.

Courts must supervise the payment of damages and may restrict attorney contingency fees. The bill sets limits on contingency fees.

Certain evidence regarding collateral source benefits (e.g., insurance payments) may be introduced in lawsuits involving injury or wrongful death. Providers of collateral source benefits may not recover any amount from the claimant in such a lawsuit. These provisions do not apply if Medicare is a secondary payer or there is third party liability for Medicaid services.

The bill provides for periodic payment of future damage awards.
A health care provider who prescribes, or dispenses pursuant to a prescription, a medical product approved by the Food and Drug Administration may not be a party to a product liability lawsuit or a class action lawsuit regarding the medical product.

gently caress you elementary school kid, you should have sued quicker if you wanted to do anything about that severed spine a drunk doctor gave you. Oh and this is a boon to pill mill operators and med fraudsters everywhere. 250K, lol, that's really gonna help with a lifetime of crippled costs. I had to look at med tort cases once, and that poo poo will haunt you. 200K people die b/c of medical negligence without anyone really noticing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/darth/status/887323085778571264

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
For all the talk about Jeb! fixing things, why has he never demonstrated his prowess as a handyman?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

whoa

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Holy poo poo this bill

gently caress you elementary school kid, you should have sued quicker if you wanted to do anything about that severed spine a drunk doctor gave you. Oh and this is a boon to pill mill operators and med fraudsters everywhere. 250K, lol, that's really gonna help with a lifetime of crippled costs. I had to look at med tort cases once, and that poo poo will haunt you. 200K people die b/c of medical negligence without anyone really noticing.

medical costs are economic damages and not capped in that quote u posted

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

bless this man

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

this is why twitter rules

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Zooming through Devils Bargain now and it's pretty juicy. Seems like Kellyanne was a major leaker to the press

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Weird, i heard a guy on NPR this morning say the republican's think their constitutions don't care about repealing obamacare anymore. it's like they are not even being told about it....

:foxnews:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zikan posted:

this thread in general vastly overestimates alleged republican competence in governing

yup

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So is Spicy serving on a destroyer near Japan now?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lolllll
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887320308948054017

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thrawn527 posted:

I was wondering how long it would take before someone reminded him about the filibuster. And this is how the filibuster dies, I guess.

The filibuster won't die because the republican party only survives because they dont let the dems implement policy

Turns out entitlement programs are massively popular once they start giving people money

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Two senators already defected lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The only person from FOX who might be tolerable outside of it is Shep.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hindenburg would literally get confused and cry when he didn't understand something.

wow steve jobs did this too

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Russia's gobbling up the 400lbs New Jersey cybers

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/887323424619724801

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
the conservative party is not going to get rid of one of the most fundamentally conservative rules in american politics, idk what to tell you

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

in any other timeline on any other world this would be big news in the context of all that is going on with the Russian Cyber but in this one it's just "LOL throw it on the pile".

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Augus posted:

Has any president ever been this big of a pussy

that last one

Barack Decorum or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

The filibuster won't die because the republican party only survives because they dont let the dems implement policy

Turns out entitlement programs are massively popular once they start giving people money

senate republicans don't actually want to vote for an ocare replacement because they know many of them will lose the next election. they want to hide behind the filibuster. trump will never understand this lmfao. his management style is to yell "get it done or I'll find someone who will," he has no other skills lol.

• Locked thread