Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

DropShadow posted:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to crap on your car. I had a MkIV Jetta and I loved it (that's it in my avatar). The MkIV GLI was easily the best-looking MkIV Jetta.
What wheels are those, I love them. They look a bit like long beaches or a bigger version of the 15" twin spokes on tdi golfs. Those ones on the gray bora are realy nice too.

Oh i'll whore out by bora tdi again while i'm here.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

stump posted:

What wheels are those, I love them. They look a bit like long beaches or a bigger version of the 15" twin spokes on tdi golfs.

Photoshopped Long Beaches. :cool: I always wanted an 18" set of Long Beaches, so I cranked up Photoshop to see what they'd look like. In the process, I made them way too big, but I liked it.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 13, 2009

stump
Jan 19, 2006

DropShadow posted:

Photoshopped Long Beaches. :cool: I always wanted an 18" set of Long Beaches, so I cranked up Photoshop to see what they'd look like. In the process, I made them way too big, but I liked it.

Cool I thought they were long beaches but they looked too big. I really fancied a set but uk ebay hasn't seen any for ages, which is a shame. I settled for a set of second hand fuel's with a crappy pretend split rim.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

DoesNotCompute posted:

I've been thinking about going this route, but am I the only person that really doesn't like the new Jetta bodystyle? It looks all jacked up in the rear. The Rabbit/GTI pull it off really nicely with the hatchback but the Jetta seems like an afterthought.
The GLI is so much prettier than my GLS, it hurts.

I really hate the new body style as well. The MkV GTIs are more tolerable, but still not really my cup of tea.

Souness
May 1, 2008

Had some free time to clean it up and throw on the new MSW Type 16 wheels with RE-01R's. Can't wait until they're broken in.

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
Gonna put up a couple more pics of it before I sell the drat thing. I just haven't had too much luck with this car :(

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Fortress TB posted:

Gonna put up a couple more pics of it before I sell the drat thing. I just haven't had too much luck with this car :(

How so?

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

RealKyleH posted:

How so?

I bought her in '06 with 177K km's on it; also known as "my first mistake." In the short time I've owned her, the clutch slave and master had to be replaced after 3 days (1 month of downtime). Then the engine puked after two months. That got replaced along with a fresh trans (1.5 years of downtime) and then 5 months later, the clutch slave and master went out AGAIN along with the clutch booster (5 more months of downtime)! In the three years I've owned it, I've only driven her for about a year. Most of the time was spent waiting for or saving up for parts. Now I have a pretty much mechanically solid car, which I have this little niggling fear that it will crap out on me again (though chances are it won't).

Not that I don't like how it drives or anything (it's really fast and corners great, even for stock save for the downpipes and exhaust), but the car has just been too much bullshit, too quickly! I would have liked to have done some upgrading/modifying to the car and I know two guys in town with their tweaked GT-R's laying down about 500 WHP with no block/head work, but there is just way too much to do on this car for someone as inexperienced as I am (in other words, I had to find someone to do the fixes mentioned above). Along with any upgrading that I can/want to do, I HAVE TO do bodywork (rust :gonk: ), replace the brakes, work on the suspension... the list goes on!

This was the first sports car I've ever bought and was a hard learning experience. I'll probably end up going JDM again for my next car, as right now I'm aggressively searching for JZX90 Toyota Mark II Tourer V's on the Internet with low km's. I'd rather start with a blank slate in good working order and go from there, rather than deal with any problems as I still have to drive the goddamn car. I figure I'd end up selling the car to someone who will either run it into the ground, transform it into a monster or total it. Place your bets!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Crosspost from the CA "Post your cycle" thread. Thumbnailed for table-breakage.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Crosspost from the CA "Post your cycle" thread. Thumbnailed for table-breakage.

Loud colors save lives?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Soon to be loud colors and pipes...maybe.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 15, 2009

durty
Jan 28, 2009
posted up my 480 already but heres the rest of my cars except for my poo poo as 850

my 480es

my 240s

my 264

my 360 (now even lower)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What are those burn-mark looking things on the 244?
Do they come badged as 244 or did you make that?

durty
Jan 28, 2009

CharlesM posted:

What are those burn-mark looking things on the 244?
Do they come badged as 244 or did you make that?

were both originaly 244glt s

the burns are because i bought it for $200NZD (just over $100US) and all it really needed to get legal was some rust fixed and a new exhaust so i paid a mate $50 and told him to do it as rough as he wanted as long as i could get it legal after

he just welded in new patches from the inside without prepping it at all and the paint and bog that was there caught fire. those patches are still going strong almost two years later

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

durty posted:

my 264

my 360

You and your crazy Volvos that were never sold in North America, so I never knew that they existed until the very moment that you just posted them... Next, you'll post that you own a Volvo motorcycle, or something equally odd.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
My new 240, had it a few weeks now, but just had a chance to wash it, cleans up alright, picture is a bit deceptive though.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Those wheels are just right for that 240sx. I think they really match it well, and look better than the tyte d0riftu wheels on most of them these days.

shootme
Dec 29, 2001

Excuse me, where can I find Hevi-Shot?
The car - 1990 9C1

The truck - 1993 Solid axle swapped Toyota

The bike - 1989 Honda nx650

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

DropShadow posted:

I've been rationalizing putting my Long Beaches back on early because of the nice weather lately, but one season left summer tires and random Montreal March snow don't get along, easily one of my favorite OEM VW wheels.

The closest thing I've seen to an 18" Long Beach was someone with the 18" Manhattan wheels off of the Touraeg with spacers and adaptors. Looked pretty good. They're essentially a more angular Long Beach. The only thing putting me off getting a set is what I can only imagine is the huge weight of the wheels.

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

Just got me an altima.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Car in progress, hopefully my mullet will be grown out once it's a solid color.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Toucan Sam posted:

Please tell me there's a 2.8L under that hood (or Iron Duke!).

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Built 305, which i still find confusing since it's a 305. I bought it from the original owner and i'm putting a 350+ in it. It's weird since it will send the rearend sideways at 20mph when you step on the loud pedal but it's still a 305.

Even scarier, it looked like this when i bought it for a sweet $200.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

ab0z posted:

Those wheels are just right for that 240sx. I think they really match it well, and look better than the tyte d0riftu wheels on most of them these days.

The PO bought them, they look pretty good, it's too bad they are cheap, heavy as hell, and curbed to gently caress. They'll end up being spares once I buy new wheels (after I fix the suspension).

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Toucan Sam posted:

Fuckin' A, man. Fuckin' A. Sweet.

Does anyone have any reliable scientific/engineering data on cowl induction? The best I've been able to get so far is some yokel saying that the air hits the windsheild and gets cold and falls and then gets in the motor. But then he abruptly terminated his awkward explanation because he had to go stock up on ammo before Obama destroys it all.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

My 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3:

Awesome car. Got my first ticket in it yesterday though, not exactly proud of it.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

xopher.white posted:

Fuckin' A, man. Fuckin' A. Sweet.

Does anyone have any reliable scientific/engineering data on cowl induction? The best I've been able to get so far is some yokel saying that the air hits the windsheild and gets cold and falls and then gets in the motor.

Well he was on the right track but its a air pressure equation, the cowl takes advantage of differences in atmospheric pressure to draw air in, similar to how a aircraft wing manipulates air pressure to make lift.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
Had this badboy for about 2 months now, loving every second of it. Pretty sleepy to most folks, looks like just another Volvo. Should I make an intro thread for it? (V70R)

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

netwerk23 posted:

Had this badboy for about 2 months now, loving every second of it. Pretty sleepy to most folks, looks like just another Volvo. Should I make an intro thread for it? (V70R)
I don't know about anyone else here, but the V70R has been my dream car for years. Practicality, style and SPEED in very discreet package :)

I nursing some severe jealousy, here...

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

KozmoNaut posted:

I nursing some severe jealousy, here...
Thanks! I searched everyday for about 14 months looking for it. I had to fly to CT to buy it, but it's been fun. 2004, 64k miles, Volvo warranty until 100k. 6 speed manual, 4C chassis, sunroof, etc. The turbo and valve timing seem to really come on around 3k RPM and it goes whooooOOOOSSSSHHHH down the road. Amazingly, no speeding tickets so far.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

shootme posted:

The bike - 1989 Honda nx650

Where in NJ are you from? This looks like the outside of the dealership I used to work at.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

netwerk23 posted:

Thanks! I searched everyday for about 14 months looking for it. I had to fly to CT to buy it, but it's been fun. 2004, 64k miles, Volvo warranty until 100k. 6 speed manual, 4C chassis, sunroof, etc. The turbo and valve timing seem to really come on around 3k RPM and it goes whooooOOOOSSSSHHHH down the road. Amazingly, no speeding tickets so far.

How reliable has it been? I know that's been a major complaint against the '05-'07 V70Rs, which sucks. :( I wanted to get one for my wife but have been otherwise turned off of their reputation.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Toucan Sam posted:

Built 305, which i still find confusing since it's a 305. I bought it from the original owner and i'm putting a 350+ in it. It's weird since it will send the rearend sideways at 20mph when you step on the loud pedal but it's still a 305.

Even scarier, it looked like this when i bought it for a sweet $200.

Jesus Christ :fap:. When I grow up I swear I'm going to get one of these and put a 13B in it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Toucan Sam posted:

Dig the highway stripes, man. Fucker's so fast the road rides on it.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

Jesus Christ :fap:. When I grow up I swear I'm going to get one of these and put a 13B in it.

That's so backwards I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

netwerk23 posted:

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Is that the stock shifter? It's so much more badass than a regular leather booted shifter.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

VikingSkull posted:

Dig the highway stripes, man. Fucker's so fast the road rides on it.

Yeah, fuckin weird, all the orange parts came from a local guy parting his Camaro. It will be the original yellow gold shortly. He had some "different" tastes when it came to painting and nothing really blends together with the graphics. Either way, cheap rear end clean parts so i couldn't bitch.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Crustashio posted:

Is that the stock shifter? It's so much more badass than a regular leather booted shifter.

Yes, the S60R also has that.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Crustashio posted:

If only it felt as good as it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
That was my complaint about the R model volvos, the S60R I drove was fast but numbed out and didn't really feel like anything.