Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

In fairness, it is these teams inaugural games. I'm okay with a bit of ceremony to them. :3:

Also poor Nana. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The NWHL really should've put teams in Canada. The marketing would've written itself!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Three of the four places they put teams care about hockey. Not so sure about Connecticut...

Edit: lol does Buffalo even have any shots on goal yet?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 11, 2015

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Replace Connecticut with either Montreal or Toronto. :colbert:

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

The first game had commentators. I wish this one did too.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aww Boston scored :( on a PP

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Aww Boston scored :( on a PP

But it was Hillary Knight. How can you hate that? :confused:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kyrosiris posted:

But it was Hillary Knight. How can you hate that? :confused:

In that case...

Buffalo has 3 shots, Boston has twelve. Typical Buffalo team!!

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

In that case...

Buffalo has 3 shots, Boston has twelve. Typical Buffalo team!!
Buffalo is apparently missing 5 players due to visa issues.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I like the New York team because they have team Japan's goalie, and I always root for Japan in women's hockey. They play really hard even though Canada/USA usually demolishes them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I like the New York team because they have team Japan's goalie, and I always root for Japan in women's hockey. They play really hard even though Canada/USA usually demolishes them.

Yeah, between Nana and Jen Scrivens, it's really easy to like the Riveters. :shobon:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I might order a Riveters jersey soon. I'll let you know if I do so I can comment on quality

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The netting was a bit frustrating, but good game overall.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 12, 2015

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So, being unable to get Jets tickets, my dad bought season tickets to the Manitoba Moose.

I'm going with him to see the home opener and I hope it will be a good atmosphere.

(Also, I would prefer the abbreviation used for the team was MAN instead of MB. Two letter abbreviations are for post offices.)

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

CommaToes posted:

So, being unable to get Jets tickets, my dad bought season tickets to the Manitoba Moose.

I'm going with him to see the home opener and I hope it will be a good atmosphere.

(Also, I would prefer the abbreviation used for the team was MAN instead of MB. Two letter abbreviations are for post offices.)

Have fun - you're playing my team!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Meanwhile I'm going to the Americans home opener tomorrow. We didn't get to go to the home opener the last couple of seasons, but it'll be neat to watch the banner raising for a championship we watched in person. :D

Plus replica mini-banners, which will join my numerous Americans rally towels in my cubicle. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
someone should make a new thread.

• Locked thread