Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazycello
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has anyone read the FreeDarko books? I'm looking to get a more historical perspective on things and the art looks fun

I found the art more interesting than the history but both books have a happy place on my shelf. The almanac has cooler pictures and more pseudo-philosophical content while the history book has more real info but less great pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Philthy posted:

That Bucks one. Tucker on the floor with his hands behind his head took the excitement of the win right out of you. I felt bad, but a win is a win.

Nah thats the best one. The simultaneous crumpling of the entire Suns team

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Heat ' s guard situation is so bad that they hired a guy who I literally couldn't find on basketball reference to take the ball out of Cole, Chalmers, and Napier ' s hands.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
With Wade gone Miami easily has the worst back court in the league

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: Charlotte had discussions on deal to acquire guards Mo Williams and Troy Daniels, but talks with Minnesota stalled in recent days.

Just can't wrassle Mo Williams away

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Charlotte said they weren't giving up an asset for a pg, so if they just want Mo for nothing it probably won't happen.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

With Wade gone Miami easily has the worst back court in the league

I don't think Wade being there changes anything!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

I don't think Wade being there changes anything!

It would be ahead of the Jazz backcourt if they had Wade.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

It would be ahead of the Jazz backcourt if they had Wade.

Depends on what you want to call Hayward. The point guard situation is probably a little better, with the added bonus of possibly being good at some point in the future.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

Depends on what you want to call Hayward. The point guard situation is probably a little better, with the added bonus of possibly being good at some point in the future.

Yeah, just talking about this year only.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Kibner posted:

Hayward's above Wade then.

Edit: I guess I consider Hayward more of an SG. That's not totally accurate.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 10, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

Even this year it might be better. Chalmers and Cole are godawful. But then you have Joe Ingles: Starting Shooting Guard which is, uh, slightly worse than Wade.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iPAqKcTFy8

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Miamis backcourt is even more funny when you think about how talent laden the PG position is. Half the back-ups in the league would start in miami

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Earlier Tweets said Corbin was guaranteed to be the coach the next two games, so I'm sure those will be great games to watch.

"Hey Ty why is Derrick Williams starting at PG, he's not that D-Will"

D-Will at PG is another part of the Ty Corbin master plan to keep RayMac buried on the bench.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It still looks like the Lakers and Thunder are trying to get a deal done before the trade deadline, hopeful Lakers fans think Reggie Jackson but I think it's probably gonna be some combination of Perry Jones, Lamb or Ish Smith.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

It still looks like the Lakers and Thunder are trying to get a deal done before the trade deadline, hopeful Lakers fans think Reggie Jackson but I think it's probably gonna be some combination of Perry Jones, Lamb or Ish Smith.

well ish did tweet he was a Laker so all Laker fans should expect ish in a trade

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Rick posted:

Who could the Thunder want form the Lakers?

Also, I hope it's Waiters, I want Kobe to deal with both him and Nick Young next year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^ shooters is what the thunder needs so maybe wayne ellington

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I don't know who OKC would want from LAL. Lin, Hill, or Davis seem like the most likely, but none strike me as Presti dudes. Unfortunately Waiters can't be aggregated in any trade for awhile, so he's not going.

e: Waiters does more than enough irrational chucking for the entire team. And Iggy Azalea isn't moving to no oklahoma city.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 10, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gonna add Swaggy to their collection of irrational chuckers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://vine.co/v/OUjUtM2uqMV

"Yes, but can you recreate this type of performance in the year-end playoffs, Christopher?"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
How much money does KJ get?

https://vine.co/v/OUDXj07qhwA

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

He should get Gerald Green money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW8Da32ntLQ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pfft none of them even come close to Derrick Williams money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6XKTT145k

er wait

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

Already better than anything at the dunk contest.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

https://vine.co/v/OUjUtM2uqMV

"Yes, but can you recreate this type of performance in the year-end playoffs, Christopher?"

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Terry Glenn posted:

I don't know who OKC would want from LAL. Lin, Hill, or Davis seem like the most likely, but none strike me as Presti dudes. Unfortunately Waiters can't be aggregated in any trade for awhile, so he's not going.

e: Waiters does more than enough irrational chucking for the entire team. And Iggy Azalea isn't moving to no oklahoma city.

I don't think it's going to be this type of trade. There are going to have to be players exchanged because both the Lakers and Thunder are at max roster size but I'm thinking something that ends up with the Lakers taking around $2 million in salary back if it happens. Wes Johnson and Ronnie Price going back the other way for Ish and Jones/Lamb (they aren't guaranteed past the minimum so Thunder could cut them).

I'm joking about this but, the Lakers could realistically take Perkins in a salary dump if the Thunder have a pick or something to sweeten that. Probably wouldn't even have to be that great of a pick.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 10, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Perk is in his last year of his contract so a salary dump trade would be dumb

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Perk is in his last year of his contract so a salary dump trade would be dumb

It'd be the difference between paying the tax or not.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

pretty sure Perk isn't going anywhere with Adams injured for 4 weeks minimum and us in a tight playoffs hunt

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

So apparently Monta and Chandler went out with injuries in the first five minutes tonight and didn't return.

Cool.

Good.

:shepicide:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So apparently Monta and Chandler went out with injuries in the first five minutes tonight and didn't return.

Cool.

Good.

:shepicide:

Mavs fans will never forget Star Wars night.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 10, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It was only a matter of time before Tyson Chewbacca was crushed by a moon

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
The Sixers had 27 turnovers and still held the Warriors under 90 points for the first time since December. Their defense is legit.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Carlisle on DJ tonight "He looked like Wilt Chamberlain out there playing in 1963."

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It was only a matter of time before Tyson Chewbacca was crushed by a moon

This post is probably the best thing to come out of tonight's game.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
1,000 wins for Pop. He's a cool dude.

edit: 9th coach to do so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So like I said, the East stand a chance against the West because everyone is dying by the time the playoffs happen.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mitch "The Big Grit Machine" McGary got another double!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Rick posted:

I don't think it's going to be this type of trade. There are going to have to be players exchanged because both the Lakers and Thunder are at max roster size but I'm thinking something that ends up with the Lakers taking around $2 million in salary back if it happens. Wes Johnson and Ronnie Price going back the other way for Ish and Jones/Lamb (they aren't guaranteed past the minimum so Thunder could cut them).

I'm joking about this but, the Lakers could realistically take Perkins in a salary dump if the Thunder have a pick or something to sweeten that. Probably wouldn't even have to be that great of a pick.

I see. Given that Waiters is a disaster and Jackson has checked out, I could see a deal like that working. Presti's probably pushing for some sort of bench scoring to go along with Morrow and Mitch motherfucking McGary. They've already grabbed one failed fourth overall pick, might as well grab Wes Johnson while they're at it. Presti has only traded for one wing this season, he's probably jonesing to get another.

• Locked thread