Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

carry on then posted:

(The legal pronunciation of YOSPOS is established)

“Yawsspose?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

carry on then posted:

also fyad (and its NOT the way fyaders think!)

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

carry on then posted:

I want a legal pronunciation of FYAD. Is it fie-add, fee-add, as written...:confused:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's pronounced "sword"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry but the government officially said “buttcoin” before any other forum thing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also fyad (and its NOT the way fyaders think!)

it is pronounced BYOB

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

D34THROW posted:

I want a legal pronunciation of FYAD. Is it fie-add, fee-add, as written...:confused:

F-yah-d

Like Fjord

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's pronounced gif you imbeciles

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Luxrage posted:

What kind of self respecting goon doesn't know it's buy-one-get one wings on Tuesdays at Buffalo Wild Wings. (Traditional bone-in wings only, boneless BOGO is Thursdays). No google required.

Fake Edit: Also gimme that gangtag

Not Tuesday, tiuesday! The secret day of the week

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's pronounced gif you imbeciles

Glyph you buffoon!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

pixaal posted:

Glyph you buffoon!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The english language: Where the rules are made up and also don't matter.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Big Beef City posted:

i wish i had the same gang tag as every single poster asking for one like a dumbass where is my compensation, i ask the wall i've been staring at for several hours and hooting and clapping at stupidly like a child

the rich inner life of the cool guy 😎

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

There's always chickcam, that even has chat! (warning kids may be watching and reading). Most forums have a discord or 50 that you can hang out in and complain that the forums are down in. I think games has a primary discord, I don't think I'm in it, but I do end up in niche ones like Monster Hunter and Diablo 2 mods.

there's like a million thread discords and a fews splinter group discords from when people were looking to move offsite during Lowtax's big fat internet destruction but I don't think any of them really crystallized as a proper full on site backup

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

there's like a million thread discords and a fews splinter group discords from when people were looking to move offsite during Lowtax's big fat internet destruction but I don't think any of them really crystallized as a proper full on site backup

Should be enough people on just about any of them for you to chat with until the forums are restored, and if they are gone for good there's probably people spread out through enough of them to get word out even to the small ones eventually with whatever the new plan is. Assuming we'd even want to make a new forum if there was a complete destruction.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a fleet of 747s flies continuously, 24/7/365, hosting a total backup of the somethingawful data center and has orders to ensure continuity of forums governance in the event of a surprise attack on the mods

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

the rich inner life of the cool guy 😎

But would it really be a Something Awful thread without a BBC meltdown?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pixaal posted:

Should be enough people on just about any of them for you to chat with until the forums are restored, and if they are gone for good there's probably people spread out through enough of them to get word out even to the small ones eventually with whatever the new plan is. Assuming we'd even want to make a new forum if there was a complete destruction.

It's not the same though. During outtages I prefer to make my own "Forums" offline thread, adopting the personas of at least 10 GBS posters. It's the unconscious leaking into the conscious, which IMO can only be a good thing.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

But would it really be a Something Awful thread without a BBC meltdown?

I keep googling BBC and BBW but it keeps giving me https://www.buffalowildwings.com

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can the front page get an update with this saga please. As well as maybe a banner that says something like "Something awful: now comedy website again BY COURT ORDER"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can the front page get an update

lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hope I get called as a witness.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can the front page get an update with this saga please. As well as maybe a banner that says something like "Something awful: now comedy website again BY COURT ORDER"

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Yaldabaoth posted:

The english language: Where the rules are made up and also don't matter.

all language rules are made up and also don't matter

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

“Yawsspose?”

YOSPOS is pronounced "Ya-Spo-Se-Bith-Ke"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Claude Wayne "Doobie" Robinson is called as a witness to "spill the beans" on the bad froggers of Something Awful.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Goon Boots posted:

YOSPOS is pronounced "Ya-Spo-Se-Bith-Ke"

That's only because Lowtax had a lisp, and everybody stupidly (idiotically) began to pronounce it the same way.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
there's a front page?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's pronounced 'sposeda

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

it's pronounced 'sposeda

I liked Robotech better

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It's pronounced "Pootie Tang"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hahaha, okay that's amazing

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

hahahaha this this thread just keeps delivering

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Cthulu Carl posted:

F-yah-d

Like Fjord

He's pining for the FYADs!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

being schizophrenic and also understanding what the internet is/can do sounds like it's super exhausting

*prints post on paper. licks stamp and affixes to post. puts post in mailbox*

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

D34THROW posted:

My old avatar. Don't ask, long story.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Valko posted:

My old avatar. Don't ask, long story.

For the curious, it's not a long story. OP threatened to kill fyad posters with guns https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955085&perpage=40&noseen=1#post511521180

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pfft, like that would have worked. Everyone knows that FYAD users are radioactive mutants with amazing regeneration powers.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Crime on a Dime posted:

For the curious, it's not a long story. OP threatened to kill fyad posters with guns https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955085&perpage=40&noseen=1#post511521180

Yeah, and it's something I since apologized for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp