Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I am shocked that a person of such an intellectual pedigree in the worlds of both finance and politics would write a bunch of deranged nonsense.

Edit: such a renaissance man he even solved the historical mystery of Raoul Wallenberg's disappearance!

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Nov 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Calibanibal posted:

I am strongly in favor of the stupid tankies itt having a stupid gangtag to ID them on sight. Just so I know who to hate without having to remember usernames or avatars
Gotta do something. With all these bernietars it's like every thread has the same people in it. It's freaking me out.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Gotta do something. With all these bernietars it's like every thread has the same people in it. It's freaking me out.

sounds like someone feels left out :bernget20:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

nice not bernie av you've got there, shame if something were to happen to it

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

speng31b posted:

nice not bernie av you've got there, shame if something were to happen to it

Check in the background theres a lil bernie back there

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I'll try not to

get out

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

Roughly the size of Delaware and Rhode Island combined, Wrangel is no barren Arctic wasteland. Aside from its Russian military base, the island features the world’s highest density of polar bear dens and Pacific walruses, more than 400 species of plants and 100 species of migratory birds, many endangered. It was home to the world’s last woolly mammoths, prehistoric creatures that survived there until a few thousand years ago. Indications are that what lies underground at Wrangel could be no less valuable, including potentially large quantities of oil, gas and other minerals.

obviously the oil/gas/minerals are the key here but I appreciate the implication that we should seize this island to deprive Russia of valuable polar bear dens and walruses

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lenin sucked, im glad he died

Your posts are an infantile disorder.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

obviously the oil/gas/minerals are the key here but I appreciate the implication that we should seize this island to deprive Russia of valuable polar bear dens and walruses

It sounds like Russia might be a better caretaker of the island than the US could ever be though.

Nobody tell me if the Russians are ruthlessly exploiting the island and murdering all the polar bears for luxury rugs, I want to pretend they're having fun, swimming around and eating walruses.

gently caress walruses though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

trot

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Stalin

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wrangel Island is within the natural borders of the USA. We can't let the Russians continue occupying American land!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

one of the worst leaders of the ussr

the greatest leader was gorbachev, followed by yelstin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

one of the worst leaders of the ussr

the greatest leader was gorbachev, followed by yelstin

gorby just wanted russians to have pizza hut, and hell, he was right. who can resist the delicious pan-fried pizza and mug root beer in a cup

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
gorby, more like GOTY

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I guess the founder of NAFO agrees?

Of all the campaigns Lee fought in, the one that never seems to get much attention is the Battle of North Anna, where Grant walks into a trap about as perfectly as Marse Robert would have wanted, but he can't spring it because he came down with dysentery and couldn't issue orders while making GBS threads out his guts.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

what a lot of people don't understand is that for many western men (especially unconventionally handsome IT professionals) this war is deeply personal. my ukranian wife's step brother has come to visit and they're very close so i'm sleeping on the couch tonight, but this is an excellent opportunity for me to get some nafo posting in on twitter. there's a lot of naysayers (especially itt) but it really makes a material difference.

slava ukraini

Same, except it's my Ukrainian wife's boyfriend. I am letting them have the bed - it is the least I can do

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1588425861224878081

I can no longer support Ramzan Kadyrov

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
toxic fan base

speng31b
May 8, 2010

sounds like something a minion of satan would say

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

An eschatological battle?

I'd rather have a scatological battle, personally.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

That's fine. I've got my leather jacket, boots and black jeans ready for my wasteland wanderings.

I just hope turbo-kid can save the day on his BMX.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

blowing up your daughter with a car bomb doesn't make them the antichrist

get therapy

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://youtu.be/QaFnOnxPMBk

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

blowing up your daughter with a car bomb doesn't make them the antichrist

get therapy

I mean tbf if my daughter got blown up with a car bomb I'd probably think the person who did it was the antichrist too. Problem with Dugin is, he already believed everyone else was the antichrist before that happened.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m pretty certain if someone blew up my daughter then had a bunch of liberals singing and dancing on Twitter about how car bombing civilians is cool and good now that it’s white people doing it I’d have very solid reasons to believe my opponents are Antichrist great satans.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's silly to assert that the agents responsible for assassinating my civilian daughter are the antichrist. Preposterous. Me? What would I do? Though conflicted, to these officers I would thank them for their service.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m pretty certain if someone blew up my daughter then had a bunch of liberals singing and dancing on Twitter about how car bombing civilians is cool and good now that it’s white people doing it I’d have very solid reasons to believe my opponents are Antichrist great satans.

Back when christianity was still relatively mainstream the prevailing opinion would have been that such people would face judgment for their mortal sins in the afterlife, and if judged necessary go to hell. So hooting and hollaring over bystander innocent deaths would have been somewhat frowned upon, at least to some limited extent.

These days the old religions are dead, sins no longer matter, the deacons of the new religions live on twitter / social media and a combination of nihilism and narcissim is the dominant mentality.

It's only going to get more animalistic from here.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Men would rather wage an eschatological war against the antichrist than get therapy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Men would rather wage an eschatological war against the antichrist than get therapy

Absolutely. Vengeance is something to get one's teeth into. Sitting in an office listening to someone talking about meditation therapy is for sheep.

(folks obviously this is slightly exaggerated for effect, please do not vengeance people, hug your dog)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DancingShade posted:

Back when christianity was still relatively mainstream the prevailing opinion would have been that such people would face judgment for their mortal sins in the afterlife, and if judged necessary go to hell. So hooting and hollaring over bystander innocent deaths would have been somewhat frowned upon, at least to some limited extent.

eh this is pretty wrong both world wars happened when societies were far more ‘Christian’ and conservative. people just suck and use whatever excuse to kill people over. and a lot of middle eastern terrorism was borne out of conservative reaction to police state fascism. or in response to other religious fanaticism (i.e. israel)

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Absolutely. Vengeance is something to get one's teeth into. Sitting in an office listening to someone talking about meditation therapy is for sheep.

(folks obviously this is slightly exaggerated for effect, please do not vengeance people, hug your dog)

done

peace be with you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i don't think dugin's views materially changed because of the assassination, he was always a psycho, maybe he's more of one now, who can really say

i will say a hearty gently caress you to the people itt when it happened for continuing to post the picture of dugin in the street reacting to his daughter's murder.

im sure he is and always has been a piece of poo poo but that photo and the glee people seemed to have about posting it was one of those that really hit me with the psychic damage good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

Namaste

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I'm glad there's a new thread. I was threadbanned from the old one

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

gradenko_2000 posted:

dudes rock

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Fattest PI posted:

I'm glad there's a new thread. I was threadbanned from the old one

The Fattest PI posted:

Dang I just saw that footage of the two russian tanks getting abushed. It is surreal. You just see a ragdoll shredded corpse plop into frame right at the end.

probably ought to stay that way

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Another morning rises on a free Kyiv, Putler is racked with pains

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
haha I know speng loves that helldump kinda jazz and has quoted that post 30 odd times now, but for the record that was me being devastatingly affected by a video I saw. I wasn't exactly cheering it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

eh this is pretty wrong both world wars happened when societies were far more ‘Christian’ and conservative. people just suck and use whatever excuse to kill people over. and a lot of middle eastern terrorism was borne out of conservative reaction to police state fascism. or in response to other religious fanaticism (i.e. israel)

The fun part about having a bunch of societies being christian is when your flavor is different to their flavor so you get to declare heresy or similar and kill everyone to take their lands like in the reformation.