Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I'll open a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
we'll just say we won that one. i don't think ive ever seen so many scorpions by the AI!

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I see you nerds constantly inviting me to matches, but i've been so busy with summer "stuff" that i just haven't had the chance to get a game in. I came here to post that, yes, i am still alive, and that i miss all of you and your terrible micro-management skills that let me know i'm in good company. Summer won't last forever, and neither will my productive behavior.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I am in the middle of moving and starting a new job, so I'm probably out for a bit too.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
a thing should happen

its all nice on rice posted:

I am in the middle of moving and starting a new job, so I'm probably out for a bit too.

good luck with the new job

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
sorry for those three abortions, people

my connection has been utter piss lately.....this always seems to happen in July, every year, without fail. I don't know why

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Did i see we have a discord somewhere? I would like a discord.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm trying to install this game on my new laptop

just sayin

What version/ what platform are we doing here?

Is this Steam or Microsoft?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 24, 2018

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

CannonFodder posted:

I'm trying to install this game on my new laptop

just sayin

What version/ what platform are we doing here?

It's the HD version from Steam, you can play online without the expansions.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grevling posted:

Cool

I'm trying to install Steam on the new laptop.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Grevling posted:

Not only that, but you can actually join games that are using the expansions. You're just limited to a small number of (rotating) civs. Which might be the least nickel-and-dime thing I've seen a game company do ever.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
someone host a game so i can crash it

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
nice game with me, don, and chunky

chunky and don did all the heavy lifting of course, but it was a fun time

we pincered the yellow AI from north and south, then killed red dude

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Who wants to do something a little different tonight? Maybe get high and naked cuddling Regicide but everyone has 3 Kings and starts with 3 Town Centers?

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Zippy the Bummer posted:

sorry for those three abortions, people

my connection has been utter piss lately.....this always seems to happen in July, every year, without fail. I don't know why

Yeah my internet is pretty poo poo. If I try to join a game and disconnect, does it end the match for everyone else?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Harveygod posted:

Who wants to do something a little different tonight? Maybe get high and naked cuddling Regicide but everyone has 3 Kings and starts with 3 Town Centers?

i was babbling about something months ago on the map type where you get 2 of everything and doing it shimo style (regicide, teams unlocked, no team victories, no team together, etc) and you're almost always under attack from the opening second if you undersize the map.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
it was budapest and even with 7 other bots and on a large map, spawned with one of my 2 castles 1 tile away an the enemy castle.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

Yeah my internet is pretty poo poo. If I try to join a game and disconnect, does it end the match for everyone else?

nope

also I can't play tonight or maybe this whole weekend because my chronic back pain had a huge flare up, like the worst its ever been
so i'm just zoning out in my easy chair trying not to move or think about anything

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ouch, man. I hope that gets better.

Harveygod posted:

I've been playing around with a simple mod called x256 and it's fun. Basically every technology can be researched 64 or 256 times (don't remember). The result of this is that you can end up with longbowmen that shoot halfway cross the map, Ethiopian onagers that level everything like nukes and immortal berkerkers that regenerate faster than you can hurt them. The AI isn't too good at this mod though so it's better to play against each other.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Grevling posted:

Ouch, man. I hope that gets better.

I've been playing around with a simple mod called x256 and it's fun. Basically every technology can be researched 64 or 256 times (don't remember). The result of this is that you can end up with longbowmen that shoot halfway cross the map, Ethiopian onagers that level everything like nukes and immortal berkerkers that regenerate faster than you can hurt them. The AI isn't too good at this mod though so it's better to play against each other.

kinda owns. do civ bonuses or techs stack? cuz if it came down to super fast mongol onagers with +64 damage I don't know what could take them

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

kinda owns. do civ bonuses or techs stack? cuz if it came down to super fast mongol onagers with +64 damage I don't know what could take them

They do, and Mongolian onagers eventually pretty much teleport. Spiritofthelaw put out a video about it recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4ei2y6qqA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

thats loving glorious

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Thanks for playing tonight everyone, and thanks shin for hosting

I count it a success when I can actually attack someone before the game ends

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Thanks for playing tonight everyone, and thanks shin for hosting

I count it a success when I can actually attack someone before the game ends

you're a better player than i am because of perseverance. i quit at first real trouble. ask me about my wc3 career

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

drat, what time were you guys playing? I checked at like 11PM (EDT) and no one was around.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Harveygod posted:

drat, what time were you guys playing? I checked at like 11PM (EDT) and no one was around.

It was like 1-2am.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i might open a game around midnight est, if no one else does

maybe

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I am day drunk, so im might open a game this afternoon or evening i dunno

thanks to Don and Shin crushing it last night, good game

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i have vodka again! gonna play tonight you assholes should join me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

i want to do a bunch of scorpions with that double bow tech in the 256 upgrades and see what happens

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Isaac posted:

If we play total annihilation i will win, i dont care who you are

Meet me in Painted Desert.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
it occurred to me that if we wanted to play goon- v - goon matches, I could literally be the fat nerd at gymn class, i could be on either team or even used as a handicap

edit: abuse me. Use me. I WANT IT

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 26, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

i want to do a bunch of scorpions with that double bow tech in the 256 upgrades and see what happens

255 of them do nothing, sadly.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Shortest Path posted:

255 of them do nothing, sadly.

Booooooo I wanted a single scorpion to shoot out a fan of death

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
im gonna make the game

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
oh well, no players

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i've been drunk on some level for the last 36 hours and am about to go further

i've got my lipstick on, my fishnet stockings and stiletto heels

who's down for some AOE

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

If anyone here is interested:

I'll be playing after 9PM (Eastern US). I'll be in the Discord, too.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Harveygod posted:

If anyone here is interested:

I'll be playing after 9PM (Eastern US). I'll be in the Discord, too.

I'll try to be there for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I moved to a new apartment a week ago and still have no internet. :smith:

• Locked thread