Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just want to take a nap so lets end this game quickly so i can go take a nap ##vote plastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

No deadline = no nap

##vote cube

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Town has entire scum team pegged on D2 and loses because there's actually six scum and scum team has three extra day kills.

Just end this ##vote: Plastic

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: PlasticAutomaton has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 5
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
PlasticAutomaton has been endgamed!

quote:

You are MONKEY PINK, and you’re going to be the ultimate popstar! You are a TOWN-ALIGNED MONKEY DETECTOR. Your night action is the ability to ##investigate if your target is MONKEY or NON-MONKEY. If you visit a target a second time, you enter SUPER SAIYAN MODE, and you’ll see the true alignment and wincon of your target. You win when all threats to town are eliminated. (PLASTIC)

Sandwolf has been endgamed!

quote:

You are the BANANAS IN PYJAMAS and you got lost chasing teddy bears. You are a TOWN-ALIGNED MILLER-TRACKER. You will be investigated as NON-MONKEY. Your night action is the ability to ##track if your target has visited someone during the night. You win when all threats to town are eliminated. (SANDWOLF)

Maerlyn has been endgamed!

quote:

You are CURIOUS GEORGE, the curious monkey. You are a TOWN-ALIGNED BULLETPROOF VANILLA. If you are eliminated in any way that doesn’t interact with your bulletproof vest, your vest is dropped and anyone else would be able to pick it up and use it as their own. You win when all threats to town are eliminated. (MAERLYN)

Somberbrero has survived! They have fulfilled their wincon and won the game!

quote:

You are PIPO SNAKE, a monkey trained by Solid Snake himself and you’re here to stop Mesaru Gear. You are a 3P-ALIGNED SURVIVOR. You start with an ONE-SHOT SELF-JAIL, usable at night. If you vote alongside the majority at the end of the day, your ONE-SHOT SELF-JAIL will refill. If you do not vote alongside the majority at the end of the day, you gain a temporary BULLETPROOF VEST for the following day. These do not stack. You win when you are alive at END OF GAME. (SOMBRE)

Zoya secured scum majority! They have fulfilled their wincon and won the game!

quote:

You are ASH KETCHUM, Pokemon master! Retiring from pokemon battles, you decide to take up monkey catching as a hobby. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to you getting murdered! You are a SCUM-ALIGNED JOAT (JACK OF ALL TRADES). Your night action is a variety of one-shots that refills after every 3 days post-usage.

ONESHOTS MORPHS:
FANTASY KNIGHT: You self-jail.
WILD WEST KID: You spent the night prepping your day vig. The following day, you have a one-shot day vig. This counts as a self-visit. This ability does not refill.
MIRACLE NINJA: Your night kill is enhanced, becoming untraceable. (ninja)
GENIE DANCER: Your target is role blocked.
DRAGON KUNG-FU FIGHTER: Your night kill is enhanced, breaking through role blocks and protections. (juggernaut)
CYBER ACE: Only available when two of your scum partners are voted off the game twice in a row. Eliminate two players with an untraceable/juggernaut kill. All players will know that they were killed from a one-shot unrefillable scum ability. Does not refill. Usable only before N3. ONLY ONE PLAYER CAN USE THIS ONCE THE ENTIRE GAME.
(Looks like two monkeys have been captured with a super untraceable/juggernaut move! But it looks like the monkeys won’t have to worry about something like this happening again.)
SUPER MONKEY: You hide in your monkey suit, identifying as town/monkey. (One-shot godfather)

If you are eliminated before N3, your abilities are transferred to a selected scum partner as unrefilleable one-shots, excluding the unrefilleable abilities. This information will not be revealed in your flip. You win when scum hold vote majority. (ZOYA)

Snoozecruise secured scum majority! They have fulfilled their wincon and won the game!

quote:

You are SAKURA KINOMOTO, magical girl! Done with capturing the clow cards, you’re tasked with capturing monkeys by Kero-chan! You are a SCUM-ALIGNED JOAT (JACK OF ALL TRADES). Your night action is a variety of one-shots that refills after every 3 days post-usage.

ONESHOTS MORPHS:
FANTASY KNIGHT: You self-jail.
WILD WEST KID: You spent the night prepping your day vig. The following day, you have a one-shot day vig. This counts as a self-visit. This ability does not refill.
MIRACLE NINJA: Your night kill is enhanced, becoming untraceable. (ninja)
GENIE DANCER: Your target is role blocked.
DRAGON KUNG-FU FIGHTER: Your night kill is enhanced, breaking through role blocks and protections. (juggernaut)
CYBER ACE: Only available when two of your scum partners are voted off the game twice in a row. Eliminate two players with an untraceable/juggernaut kill. All players will know that they were killed from a one-shot unrefillable scum ability. Does not refill. Usable only before N3. ONLY ONE PLAYER CAN USE THIS ONCE THE ENTIRE GAME.
(Looks like two monkeys have been captured with a super untraceable/juggernaut move! But it looks like the monkeys won’t have to worry about something like this happening again.)
SUPER MONKEY: You hide in your monkey suit, identifying as town/monkey. (One-shot godfather)

If you are eliminated before N3, your abilities are transferred to a selected scum partner as unrefilleable one-shots, excluding the unrefilleable abilities. This information will not be revealed in your flip. You win when scum hold vote majority. (SNOOZECRUISE)

CubicalSucrose secured scum majority! They have fulfilled their wincon and won the game!

quote:

You are MESARU GEAR, a bipedal nuke-equipment tank. You are a SCUM-ALIGNED DEATH POISONER. Every day/night, you can ##aim your missile at a player. When you are eliminated from the game, you release your nuke, releasing a weapon that will juggernaut/janitor your target from the game in four game phases. You also have an BULLETPROOF VEST. You win when scum hold vote majority. (CUBICAL)

Totally Monkey Mafia
has ended with a SCUM/3P WIN.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 4, 2023

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you guys can argue about balance now. I have thoughts but I wanna edit in some pics

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
another classic mafia game, gg everyone and thank you to TM for running the game

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Tired Moritz posted:

you guys can argue about balance now. I have thoughts but I wanna edit in some pics

thank you for the game tmor!!!

my only real balance thought is that scum probably should have started with 3, not 4, with 15 total players

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im a bit sad that some mechanics didnt get used at all (cube, keats, maerlyn) but oh well. im glad that everyone played and i hope that people will be forgiving enough to play my possible next game (which will have less vigs). sorry if the game was frustrating to some.

and congrats to cub for surviving the most votes while reaching the end

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that said the game technically ended in day 4 unless somber was gonna flip at day 5 which i personally find to be the perfect length for mafia games so im pretty glad that my number crunching worked out

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

The only scum left out of the winner post :pensive:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz posted:

Johnny Keats has been chased out! They have been eliminated at D2!

oh and this guy won too?!!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Did he? Did he really?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad i taught everyone a valuable lesson about why we should have rules that say that you can't ask for money in mafia games, for that was my goal all along

and for that reason, i am keeping all the money that was given to me, so we can make sure the lesson sticks

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Snooze Cruise posted:

im glad i taught everyone a valuable lesson about why we should have rules that say that you can't ask for money in mafia games, for that was my goal all along

and for that reason, i am keeping all the money that was given to me, so we can make sure the lesson sticks

tbqh you should charge extra for such a valuable lesson

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
good point, i'll await the influx of further funding in anticipation 🫡

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Snooze Cruise posted:

i'm going to run to the mechabellum thread and say "every post snooze cruise makes in this thread is sponsored by me"

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
This was a wild game. Going from "17 reasonable" to "15 role madness" as we got close to open seemed to shake things up quite a bit.

Scum had a much easier time than they typically do, I think.

Balance aside, this game had some really cool components to it that felt novel to me at least:
- Announced in-thread (but cause hidden) painting --- I like this take on it.
- Scum comeback-mechanic in case of early wiping. Wasn't relevant here, but this attempt to help self-balance is interesting.
- Wincon-seers. Again it wasn't relevant here, but I like that you gave the roles things to do in late-game.
- Clo replacing back in was kind of a unique situation, cool that it worked out and I'm glad they didn't die again immediately.

Excited to see more Tired Moritz games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t see any problem with a town player dying day 1 and then replacing in. It would be different if Clo had been in a masonry or was scum originally, but she basically had just as much info as any other player replacing in and this way no one had to deal with a replacement refusing to read anything before they replaced in.

My two cents anyway