Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's kind of letdown, I thought it was all part of the meta flavour, and the special privileges thing was actually Monokuma encouraged lol

Still could be extra sneaky with Cube taking a screenshot of just the fakeclaim part or something but for now I'll

##unvote

And just feel extra smug if I was right and y'all let him win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So that makes cube mod confirmed essentially then?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
what's the reasoning for cube over hal/pmuzz

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Natural 20 posted:

not necessarily. i assume the mastermind would post flavor only and not the SHSL despair/survivor bit.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

If they didn't have a fakeclaim provided.

saladscooper posted:

what's the reasoning for cube over hal/pmuzz

Suss as gently caress. Also we need to kill someone from both 4 alive teams to guaranteed avoid mylo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Well like I said he coulda maybe just screenshotted a fakeclaim? Too bad I can't see it myself, this could've been my true calling to go all crop detective

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it would be funny if cub being the mm just has the ability to ignore mod rules

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
So uhh, let's say Hal doesn't get voted out today and instead the Mastermind gets voted out.

How would (the collective group) actually wind up killing Hal? Who's gonna do it? Hal has protection from two teams, supposedly.

Claimed a power role when mod comms say there are none.

Like fine vote me out too and screw over Nat and TMor, but I don't see how Hal can be allowed to live today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

So uhh, let's say Hal doesn't get voted out today and instead the Mastermind gets voted out.

How would (the collective group) actually wind up killing Hal? Who's gonna do it? Hal has protection from two teams, supposedly.

Like fine vote me out too and screw over Nat and TMor, but I don't see how Hal can be allowed to live today.

I presume all 4 teams would get kills and if I was alive and in the game still the other two teams would prioritize me

Or you think you all become one team with one kill how would that work?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CubicalSucrose posted:

:dafuq:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Personally I'm keen to get Hal and Pmuzz out because I presume they are supposed to be our cops and we weren't supposed to random lynch for the whole game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CubicalSucrose posted:

I mean if Hal's not the Mastermind why would you care if Hal lives

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also isn't that "protection from two teams" just me on one side and your team on the other? Seriously don't get any of this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaaaaah I really wish Cube and Muzzles would be the tie today cause they both sound the most insanely scummy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
The weird spies are absolutely a priority considering op says they shouldn't exist

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaaaaah I really wish Cube and Muzzles would be the tie today cause they both sound the most insanely scummy

I think I sound nice

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Quackles posted:

AFQM was not the mastermind.

Tsumugi's flavor text was a reference to (NDRV3 endgame spoilers) the fact that she's the mastermind of that game, and wrote everyone else's characters to be implanted on them as fake identities.

In general, flavor text will not hint at the roles of this game.

This doesn't really say no power roles.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired you gonna remember to vote or what

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote Hal

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Not touching Hal.

##vote PhantomMuzzles

I would have gone for Sucrose without mod confirmation on the alignment.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
can we get someone not currently voting pmuzz to vote hal pls and thank u xoxo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no reason to be copping everyone 24/7 if you literally win if you cop the right person

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

no reason to be copping everyone 24/7 if you literally win if you cop the right person

I would die after the third wrong guess

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I’m extremely not going to be awaken when this day closes and unless a couple people are we can’t really stop a target from pulling a subrosa

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Insandenza posted:

I would die after the third wrong guess

you will also die if the mm decide to kill you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

you will also die if the mm decide to kill you

That’s true for everyone though!

I think once the MM is found I’d die that night anyway because the other two scumteams are highly incentivized to kill me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Natural 20 posted:

Not touching Hal.

##vote PhantomMuzzles

I would have gone for Sucrose without mod confirmation on the alignment.

I’m still unclear on the mod confirmation bit, maybe I missed something earlier

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah Cube could've just copied a fakeclaim, that's not literal mod confirmed.

I'm still really side-eying anyone acting like the spy claim is a threat in its own right. If you don't believe the claim that's fine, Muzzles in particular seemed more dodgy about how they came out with it and was vague at first about their choices. But anyone (Cube) going all OH NO HOW WILL WE KILL HAL just sounds like total BS to me.

But hey I'm pretty much endgamed already if Friendship Ending isn't real, just gonna smug it up if the rest of you follow suit. Y'all sort out this tie here, I'm going to continue to hold my vote back to hopefully correct any surprise screw-ups.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Course if Phantom never even shows up to cast an extra vote for Hal, might be nothing I can do

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##unvote

It's still not a super stable situation but i can at least get it tied before i go to bed. Good luck

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fool of sound posted:

##unvote

It's still not a super stable situation but i can at least get it tied before i go to bed. Good luck

Ooh now it's a three-way quick draw sweet

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

At any point they can coordinate to spare one of them.

It doesn't make sense to go for a draw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

At any point they can coordinate to spare one of them.

It doesn't make sense to go for a draw

Okaaaay so what do you wanna do about it? Aim for one particular one on purpose? Why not at least attempt a draw then?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PM(Uzzle) will vote hal eod to save herself. :100:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote PhantomMuzzles

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Vote Count for Day 4

Hal Insandenza (4): CubicalSucrose, saladscooper, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Tired Moritz, Hal Insandenza
PhantomMuzzles (4): Punkreas, fool of sound, Toalpaz, Natural 20, fool of sound, Bifauxnen
CubicalSucrose (0): Bifauxnen, fool of sound, fool of sound, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Natural 20 (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
fool of sound (0): Punkreas, Punkreas
Punkreas (0): fool of sound, fool of sound, saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (2): fool of sound, PhantomMuzzles

10 players are present. The day ends in 0 minutes - at October 03rd, 2023 at 11 p.m. PDT.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Pmuzz

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[Note: The result is based on the listed vote count - that last vote was after the deadline.]

Music: Discussion -HOPE VS DESPAIR-

"All riiiiight," said Kazuichi Soda, Super Duper High School Mechanic. "Here's what actually happened!"

Celestia nodded. "After Himiko's speech at the previous class trial, we began to consider the possibility that she was right."

"Yeah!" said Mondo Owada. "Some fucker had done all the murders and pinned them on us!"

Aoi piped up. "So when I got to thinking, I remembered I'd seen Kaede fiddling with the board games on the day of Naegi's murder..."

Gundham spoke. "And I had seen K1-B0 give Hajime the letters to deliver! I had no idea of the vileness they contained at the time."

Ryoma smiled spookily as he took his turn. "There was nothing that could link any one person consistently to the murders... and Monokuma always made as if there was one person behind it all. But if there were two..."

Sayaka grinned. "...they could tag team each other and keep us all guessing!"

All seven students pointed at K1-B0 and Kaede Akamatsu.

"You did it, didn't you? You set up this whole 'killing game!'"

Then, K1-B0 and Kaede began to look at each other.

And K1-B0 said, "Well, poo poo."

Kaede smiled and nodded. "I suppose it's time."

Music: Let Us Sing of a Hollow Victory

With a cracking noise, the light in K1-B0's eyes died. A crack appeared along the sides of his body - a body that had really been used to conceal another person. Meanwhile, Kaede was slowly working off her hair— no, it was a wig. A sudden cloud of billowing smoke, and there stood—

"They figured out the first part, sis," said Mukuro Ikusaba, the Super Duper High School Soldier.
"And now they get to experience the rest of it! I can't wait!~" replied Junko Enoshima, the original Super Duper High School Despair.

Together, the two sisters smirked at the others as they stood there.

"Oh, you can talk a big game, about killing games and things, but do you all remember who you are?" said Junko. "What you've done?" She snapped her fingers, more for dramatic effect than anything else.

"All of you are members of Super Duper High School Despair," Mukuro explained. "Well. Except Hagakure and that magician girl."

"You weren't so shy about planning all sorts of fun murders before we locked you in here," said Junko, smirking. "And all it took was an itsy bitsy little bit of messing with your memories," said Junko, "and each of you thought you were the only members of Super Duper High School Despair left! When one of us died, all we'd have to do is tell you to have at it, and you'd slaughter each other! It's hopelessly clever!"

Mukuro was quieter than her sister, but she jumped in to twist the knife. "How does it feel to know that you were ready to kill your friends, so easily?" she asked.

Junko was practically drooling as she admired the looks on everyone's faces. But then—

Celestia stepped forward. "I beg your pardon, but we already knew."

Music: [Silence]

"W-what?" said Junko.

"WE KNOW, rear end in a top hat!" yelled Mondo, taking a step forward himself.

:siren: Music: DANGANRONPA (Dr Version) :siren:

Sayaka nodded, taking a step towards the masterminds. "After Himiko's death last night, we decided we had to come clean. About the despair thing, I mean."

Ryoma stared that piercing stare, straight at the pair. "It was... a bit of a surprise to find out that everybody thought they had the same secret."

Kazuichi nodded. "Yeah! Turns out, though, there's something more important than the poo poo that life heaped on us that got us to sign on with your crazy murder plan poo poo in the first place."

"W...what?" said Junko. "Impossible! It was a hopelessly perfect plan! You weren't supposed to... what on earth did you find that was 'more important' than this?"

"Hope," said Aoi, softly, stepping forward herself. "To believe that we have a future. We can reach it. We just have to go for it!"

"Yeah!" said Leon, who'd been silent until now. "Once you see, y'know, real murder, you realize. That's not right! We gotta work together and move forward!"

Gundham nodded. "It's time for you... to disappear! To the realm of Hades! And may you never come back, so long as any of us live!"

"We're doing this for our future!"

After the shout had died down, every eye turned, as if drawn by a magnet, to Monokuma. The robot bear shrugged. He sounded almost... apologetic.

Well, you heard the crowd, you two.

You had a great run, but, well. I gotta do what I gotta do, you know?

Everybody, chant it along with me: It's punishment time!

Execution of K1-B0 Mukuro Ikusaba [Hal Insandenza] and Kaede Akamatsu Junko Enoshima [PhantomMuzzles]: Heart of Hope's Peak Academy

Junko and Mukuro stood alone, on a bare wooden stage; miniature Monokumas constructed a scale model of Hope's Peak Academy around them, bolting together little beams and fastening on little walls. In almost no time at all, the model was done.

However, that wasn't all; once the construction mini-Monokumas were finished, new mini-Monokumas began a puppet show, with paper cutouts looking like the students telling the story of Naegi's death, then Hagakure's, then Tsumugi's and Hajime's, and at last Chiaki's, Himiko's, and Kirumi's.

Then, there was a pause, as the puppet show ended, with all the paper puppets pointing at Junko and Mukuro.

Mukuro turned to Junko, in that breath. "Junko, I..."

At the side of the stage, Monokuma pressed down on a large, cartoony plunger, connected to the model.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The view of the wrecked stage - and the two crushed bodies - faded to black.

Chapter Result

Junko Enoshima and Mukuro Ikusaba [PhantomMuzzles and Hal Insandenza] have been caught and executed! They were the twin masterminds behind the killing game.

quote:

You are K1-B0 [pronounced ‘Keebo’], and you’re a robot! You’re a living, not-breathing, thinking robot! So, Hope’s Peak Academy had to admit you, since you’re high school age (adjusted for your clock speed). You are hereby dubbed the Super Duper High School Robot.

(You accepted only once they promised not to try disassembling you.)

quote:

You are Kaede Akamatsu, the Super Duper High School Pianist. You’ve been living and breathing the piano (but not eating it) since you were a young girl, and by now your talent and skill is remarkable. Hope’s Peak Academy offered you admission, and here you are. You’ll be a great performer someday.

quote:

...PSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCH! You two are Junko Enoshima and Ikusaba Mukuro, the two Masterminds of Super Duper High School Despair!!

Yes, two masterminds. And no one else knows there’s more than one of you!

On top of that, no one else knows that most of the student body (or at least the ones you’ve trapped in here) are already Super Duper High School Despair members... you’re just turning them against each other. For funsies!

There’s a total of four “Despair teams”, and each of you are on two different ones. If you’re careful, they’ll never figure out you’re hidden among them.

At the start of the game, you have a nightkill that you get to use each night. This lasts until one of you is caught - at that time, you lose the nightkill, and every surviving Despair team gets one. You get to sit back and watch ‘em kill each other!

(The catch: once one of you gets caught, everyone gets notified that there’s a second mastermind they have to catch, so, uh— try not to die when the murders start flying, OK?)

You win when any of the following is true:
• You two control the vote directly by weight of numbers.
• At least one of you is alive, and a single Despair team controls the vote.
• Absolutely everyone dies (hey, you never know).

The game ends when both of you are dead. Good luck!

Now, there's only one thing left to do...

Music: Goodbye, Despair Academy

"Well, this is it," said Leon, as the eight survivors stood before the giant door. "Are you ready?"

Sayaka nodded. "I'm not sure there was anything worth keeping in here, anyway."

"I woulda liked to say goodbye to Monobear. Or ask him how he worked," said Kazuichi. "But he shut down right after the final execution like that..."

Gundham chortled, his hamsters balancing on his shoulders once again. "Ha! I am sure you will make a name for yourself as the most diabolical mechanic in the world, now!"

Ryoma snorted. "If you say so. I bet any of us want after this is a nice, quiet lifetime. A long lifetime."

Celestia smiled serenely, wearing her finest dress and hair extensions. "If you wish. I'll try to make a name for myself as a gambler once again. I think it suits me."

"Yeah, and the Crazy Diamonds have gotta be worried sick!" said Mondo. "I sure hope Miss Hopeless didn't 'hopelessly wreck my motorcycle' or some poo poo like that."

"Whatever we do, wherever we go," Aoi said, as the vault door rumbled and began, slowly, ever so slowly, to slide open, "we'll make it worth living for. I swear."

"Yeah!" "Of course." "Most certainly." "Hell yes." "We will." "drat right we will!" "Yes!"

The door rumbled as it pulled itself all the way open, letting in the briliance of the morning sun. As one, the survivors walked through...

Music: Ms. Monomi's Practice Lesson

...and found themselves outside the building of Hope's Peak Academy. The building looked surprisingly foreboding, with every window and door sealed.

Then, a wave of wild applause washed over them.

Standing in front of the school building was a massive crowd of teenagers, just like them, of wild and varied appearances. At first, everything seemed normal, if strange. Then, the survivors began to notice.

Scattered in the crowd were copies of... them. There were at least three Celestias, two Ryomas, a Kaede (presumably, a real one), four Leons in different places, all applauding... there were even a few Naegis and Junkos, smiling and clapping along with the others.

One figure stepped forward from the crowd, holding a microphone. A figure with white hair, and a strange expression.

"I'm so happy..." he said, "that someone like me could be here welcome you, from your Hope's Peak Academy. Where you embodied hope!"

"Now, come along," said Nagito Komaeda. "Your new, Ultimate lives are about to begin."

THE END.... ?!

Quackles fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Note: I'm going to post an appendix detailing the structure of the game tomorrow, as this game had quite a lot of hidden information and a lot of things will make more sense when showing the full view.