Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
UG still has 22 episodes left to air (technically it and clarence were "cancelled" at the same time, as neither were renewed past their 3rd production season; though UG's ending sooner as it began production sooner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I was enjoying We Bare Bears right up until Charlie. I despise Charlie. The "desperately stupid and obnoxious" character type is one I loathe and I just stopped watching the show all together.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
They toned Charlie's obnoxiousness waaaaay down after season 1.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Clarence got cancelled so that's on its way out too.
Goddammit.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Thinking on events in Star Vs a little, I'm hoping that Dennis plays a large part in Season 3. It seems to me that having the one person in his family that he can stand trying to help him may help Ludo fight off Toffee a little more powerfully considering otherwise the closest thing to a friend he's really had that he hasn't tried to take advantage of (He burned his bridges with Buff Frog way too severely to count him) is Moon Butterfly. I could see Dennis being instrumental in breaking the barrier between monsters and the Mewni royal family as well, with Star being stuck on the run with her mother, Kevin's good nature and worry about his big bro may soften Star on Ludo a little as well. Ludo's only a Monster by genus after all, really he's just a wayward avarian with an inferiority complex. The only real monster in the traditional sense, (i.e. a complete bastard), has been Toffee.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I don't know about Dennis specifically (I don't think that's really a spoiler, but I'll roll with it), but I do think Monster-Mewman relations are going to be a major focus of Season 3. It's been boiling in the background all the way from Season 1's Lobster Claws and Mewnipendence Day, got some serious nods throughout season 2 (Especially in the Buff Frog episodes), and with Star going back to Mewni there's almost no question it's going to become a major focus of the plot, and probably intertwine with whatever Toffee's up to.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
We Bare Bears is cute but it's the kind of show where after about 20 episodes I just fell off of watching it because I felt like I had already seen everything it had to offer. Not every show has to have serialized plots and world-ending stakes but at that point the show just started to slide from my mind like teflon whenever I saw it was yet another episode about Panda being an awkward loveshy weeaboo or Grizz failing to understand basic human things like a fuzzy Amelia Bedelia.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

We Bare Bears is cute but it's the kind of show where after about 20 episodes I just fell off of watching it because I felt like I had already seen everything it had to offer. Not every show has to have serialized plots and world-ending stakes but at that point the show just started to slide from my mind like teflon whenever I saw it was yet another episode about Panda being an awkward loveshy weeaboo or Grizz failing to understand basic human things like a fuzzy Amelia Bedelia.

They started doing more of the young Bears plots and they seem a lot more interesting or at least more tolerable

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Guy Mann posted:

I get what you mean. It's trying to be Rocko's Modern Life with the focus on awkward social interactions etc, but the writing isn't quite funny enough.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Craptacular! posted:

I get what you mean. It's trying to be Rocko's Modern Life with the focus on awkward social interactions etc, but the writing isn't quite funny enough.

I wouldn't say that - Rocko got hella dark in a way that isn't in WBB's wheelhouse, like the episode where Bev Bighead starts inviting Rocko over to do odd jobs because she's feeling like Ed is ignoring her, and it's obvious to everyone but Rocko that she's trying to have an affair with him. "Zip me up, Rocko..."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Apparently Transformers Minicons and Justice League Action is still around. You just gotta get up around 6 am to catch them. I'm amazed Hasbro still lets CN do this to them as I don't think they're really getting any ad revenue from the show more than general 30 year old fans and kids that watch movies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how in the original Ben 10, Hex was a very formidable foe and master mage, and in the reboot, he's the biggest idiot in the world.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I was thinking about Legend of Korra and got kind of sad about how it took the magic out of Avatar.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how in the original Ben 10, Hex was a very formidable foe and master mage, and in the reboot, he's the biggest idiot in the world.

It's like they hate anything involving actual magic. Remember when Gwen's powers turned out to be because she was actually part alien?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's like they hate anything involving actual magic. Remember when Gwen's powers turned out to be because she was actually part alien?

Then they thankfully changed it back to magic, and her being made of half magic from her grandma's side. I don't care what anyone says, Omniverse was a good series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rudoku posted:

Then they thankfully changed it back to magic, and her being made of half magic from her grandma's side. I don't care what anyone says, Omniverse was a good series.

That's good to know, I liked Ominverse to, just a walkback of the stuff before it and just being goofy without going too deep.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rudoku posted:

Anything could look good after Alien Force.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Anything could look good after Alien Force.

Except Ultimate Alien.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

McTimmy posted:

Except Ultimate Alien.

Remember that time Ben 10K came back except he wasn't married, acted exactly like Ben did at 16 and his power was to use any Alien's power without transforming at all?

Remember in Omniverse where he's finally a slightly more chill version of the Ben 10K we had seen before and he had the power to willingly fuse all his aliens into the dopest combinations??

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I only vaguely remember the first season of Ben 10 and I have a very hard time understanding how and why that show is constantly getting rebooted.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I only vaguely remember the first season of Ben 10 and I have a very hard time understanding how and why that show is constantly getting rebooted.

it's very popular, especially internationally

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I think in particular, it sells tons of merchandise.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Technically only the most recent series is a reboot, the previous three series are all continuations of the original

The live action movies are kinda weird on that they are both sorta canon to the shows, but are also considered their own universe

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

drrockso20 posted:

Technically only the most recent series is a reboot, the previous three series are all continuations of the original

The live action movies are kinda weird on that they are both sorta canon to the shows, but are also considered their own universe

There were live action movies? :psyduck:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lee Majors is the grandpa in one of them. Beth Littleford from the original Daily Show is Ben's mom.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
edit: wrong thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

TV movies, not theatrical releases.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

TwoPair posted:

TV movies, not theatrical releases.

The one I saw, with the Power Rangers knockoff villain, Race Against Time, was OK. They changed a few voices to be kinda weird but they had some cute scenes with the different aliens, like Grey Matter, that I appreciated. The villain was terrible but I kinda liked the casting in general.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They just sandwiched a new Powerpuff Girls between two movies on a Sunday afternoon. Show's dead.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

xcheopis posted:

I was enjoying We Bare Bears right up until Charlie. I despise Charlie. The "desperately stupid and obnoxious" character type is one I loathe and I just stopped watching the show all together.

He's not even in that many episodes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

khwarezm posted:

He's not even in that many episodes.
Yes but he Poochie ups whatever he's in because everything screeches to a halt to be all about Charlie, what's Charlie doing, oh no Charlie doesn't like that guys let's save him from the world.

He's like an ultra high maintenance Jr high kid.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Something I thought of regarding season 3 of Star, based on the description of the opening:
With Season 3's intro focused on non-Earth dimensions, the theme song is now from Marco's point of view.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Waffleman_ posted:

They just sandwiched a new Powerpuff Girls between two movies on a Sunday afternoon. Show's dead.

I thought it was already dumped onto the Boomerang graveyard. How many more episodes do they have to burn off?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well apparently Fresh TV just announced that we are getting another season of Total Drama, so take that news how you want

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
15 seconds of the new intro for Star vs leaked in really bad quality, and the fanbase is up in arms about it (mad at the person who leaked it).

I watched it, and came out of it excited to see it in actually good quality.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Senerio posted:

15 seconds of the new intro for Star vs leaked in really bad quality, and the fanbase is up in arms about it (mad at the person who leaked it).

I watched it, and came out of it excited to see it in actually good quality.

Don't know what people are complaining about myself. As leaks go, this was just about perfect. The quality is wretched enough that everyone will want to see the real thing, half the footage is missing so the people who showed up still got an exclusive look, and what we can see has enough clues and hints to fuel buzz and speculation for a month.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Don't know what people are complaining about myself. As leaks go, this was just about perfect. The quality is wretched enough that everyone will want to see the real thing, half the footage is missing so the people who showed up still got an exclusive look, and what we can see has enough clues and hints to fuel buzz and speculation for a month.

I think the reason the fanbase is up in arms over it is because they showed it at a con and they warned everyone in the room that if the footage got posted on the internet, it would discourage them from giving these sort of sneak peeks ever again.

Which seems like an unrealistic and kind of stupid expectation to me, I mean, like you said, this is pretty much perfectly timed for generating buzz and doesn't really give away all that much.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pakled posted:

I think the reason the fanbase is up in arms over it is because they showed it at a con and they warned everyone in the room that if the footage got posted on the internet, it would discourage them from giving these sort of sneak peeks ever again.

Which seems like an unrealistic and kind of stupid expectation to me, I mean, like you said, this is pretty much perfectly timed for generating buzz and doesn't really give away all that much.

I expect if their warning hadn't been so dire, we'd have footage of the whole intro from five different angles. With any luck, the creators understand that this is the best result they could have hoped for.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The biggest spoiler from the new intro:

Marco apparently wears a cape now.

But don't tell anyone it's a secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

oh boy oh boy oh boy

i am very ready for things to resume getting a little weird and getting a little wild.