Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peztopiary posted:

""I suspect we're a little too biased against all these things in society," he told me."

Peter Thiel or ancient vampire explaining why it's okay he drinks the blood of virgins once every fortnight? The best argument against immortality is the people who are most desperate for it.

Elizabeth Bathroy's literal argument to the king's soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Comment from Reddit where this was discussed:

quote:

Oh, poo poo, this is like, red pill nonsense. I only skimmed and thought it was like, anarcho-primitivist feminism.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
It really is almost the same thing as Deep Green Resistance/radfem anarcho-primitivism. Civilization as literal and figurative rape.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jack Gladney posted:

I don't like desires like these, but I hope he gets early-onset Alzheimer's or AIDS, but lives a normal lifespan that ends up just being really expensive or unenjoyable. Maybe the AIDS can come from a black-market transfusion purchased from an Indian or Pakistani blood farm.

The desire for someone to live a long, fulfilling life and then to pass peacefully into the night? How horrible.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nessus posted:

He probably wants to release the identities or tags or whatever of people who reported or blocked him.

Comically enough I believe this is blocked under the same data protection laws he's using here.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lady Naga posted:

The desire for someone to live a long, fulfilling life and then to pass peacefully into the night? How horrible.

Yeah, what I mean is this: If this guy ends up with what most people would consider the ideal life, where he gets to live a long life of being rich and successful, and yet can't enjoy it because it still ends and spends his time clawing at floor as the grim specter of inevitable death comes for him as well, it will be hilarious to me.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

neonnoodle posted:

It really is almost the same thing as Deep Green Resistance/radfem anarcho-primitivism. Civilization as literal and figurative rape.
It's really too bad how tech-negative a lot of feminists are. Technology freed us (mostly) from unwanted pregnancy, the hazards of childbirth, and second-class citizenship. Technology made our brains (equal to men's) more relevant than our muscles (not even close). Technology is awesome.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, what I mean is this: If this guy ends up with what most people would consider the ideal life, where he gets to live a long life of being rich and successful, and yet can't enjoy it because it still ends and spends his time clawing at floor as the grim specter of inevitable death comes for him as well, it will be hilarious to me.

How dare you find that amusing, you vulture. Wishing AIDS on a man is much more reasonable.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

pookel posted:

It's really too bad how tech-negative a lot of feminists are. Technology freed us (mostly) from unwanted pregnancy, the hazards of childbirth, and second-class citizenship. Technology made our brains (equal to men's) more relevant than our muscles (not even close). Technology is awesome.

The flavor of anarcho-primitivism with which I'm most familiar isn't outright antitechnology (like Zerzan) but more of the belief that no technology is worth it if it depends on an unsustainable and exploitative social system. Better to have a sustainable Stone Age existence than have the comfy technology but murder the earth and all the indigenous people. :shrug:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Somewhere, a reacto is drafting an article about how aside from being an icky, icky woman, Elizabeth Bathory is the model of a good aristocrat and it's fantastic that Peter Thiel is following in her footsteps

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

neonnoodle posted:

The flavor of anarcho-primitivism with which I'm most familiar isn't outright antitechnology (like Zerzan) but more of the belief that no technology is worth it if it depends on an unsustainable and exploitative social system. Better to have a sustainable Stone Age existence than have the comfy technology but murder the earth and all the indigenous people. :shrug:
Not that I'm pro Earth/indigenous people-murdering or anything, but that seems like an entirely separate issue from feminism.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

neonnoodle posted:

This happens pretty regularly where neoreactionaries take an extreme left view on subjects like masculinity, capitalism, technology, sexuality, religion and whatever else I forgot and respond to it with "Hell loving yeah I'm a warlord and a rapist"

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Anarcho-primitivism as a philosophy is almost as deluded as the anarcho-monarchism that NRx espouses.

pookel posted:

Not that I'm pro Earth/indigenous people-murdering or anything, but that seems like an entirely separate issue from feminism.

It's actually kind of a problem in environmentalism - Native Environmentalist movements, who literally live a sustainable fashion as a way of life, see mainstream Environmentalism as petit bourgeois who aren't worth engaging with. The only real difference between the two being that one grows from a philosophy of life that's actually rooted in historical practice and another that's rooted almost purely in a sense of impending doom.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Even if you did somehow give up most of your technology without getting killed or exiled by anti-primitivist factions in your own society, how would you then stop a neighboring society that still has its technology and decides to enlarge its territory at your expense? They're going to take whatever they want and kill whomever they want and you're just going to have to take it. Primitivism is not just deluded, it's suicidal.

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Or, from another angle, what happens to the millions of people who need some form of modern medical treatment/medication to survive?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Somewhere, a reacto is drafting an article about how aside from being an icky, icky woman, Elizabeth Bathory is the model of a good aristocrat and it's fantastic that Peter Thiel is following in her footsteps

I'm waiting for you to post this as it is probably already written

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Polybius91 posted:

Or, from another angle, what happens to the millions of people who need some form of modern medical treatment/medication to survive?

They die, which is good, because pretty much the only way to save the earth permanently at this point is to kill all humans

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Polybius91 posted:

They die, of course. The deaths of tens of millions will be a small price to pay for the happiness of the few thousand who will live in our peaceful primitive utopia.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
Shockingly, Nazis don't care about disabled people.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Curvature of Earth posted:

Shockingly, Nazis don't care about disabled people.

Isn't an Ayn Rand villain a guy trying to build a school for the disabled?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
are we at the point where we're conflating radfems, anarcho-primitivists, objectivists, and nazis now

jesus loving christ, pull up thread pull up

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Small Frozen Thing posted:

are we at the point where we're conflating radfems, anarcho-primitivists, objectivists, and nazis now

jesus loving christ, pull up thread pull up

You have doubtless seen lots of people arguing that Trump is Hitler. Often “Trump is literally Hitler!”

Of course people who read my blog know what “literally” means, and though Trump is obviously not literally Hitler, there is in fact a good argument that Trump is Hitler.

But for some strange reason, Democrats never make the argument out loud in plain words. I wonder why.

The argument, said outright in plain words, is:

Hillary’s nomination speech was in large part urging black people to murder white people, and promising to use the justice department to prevent police from enforcing law on black people. If police, for some mysterious inexplicable reason, wind up arresting and killing a disproportionate number of black people – well that is disparate impact, which illegal. You don’t have to prove racist motivation. Disparate impact is racist. Treating people according to the content of their character is racist regardless of motivation if the outcome is bad for non asian minorities.

This has been the law and practice for a very long time, and failure to apply this law to school discipline and law enforcement is an unprincipled exception. Unprincipled exceptions always go away sooner or later, and Hillary, truthfully or untruthfully, is promising to remove this unprincipled exception for policing and school discipline. I hope she is being untruthful, but sooner or later it will be the truth. Unprincipled exceptions are always removed sooner or later.

Hillary also promised to take away the guns of law abiding people (law abiding gun owners being almost entirely white Republicans) so that colored criminals can kill them (Criminal gun owners being mostly black Democrat voters. In other words, she promises to take away the guns of white Republicans so that black Democrats can kill them once she has appointed enough anti gun supreme court judges.

Hillary also promised to keep the borders open, and in particular open to poor suffering Muslim refugees, who are generally brown or black, male, military age, and always vote Democrat. Every few weeks we read of some outrage where black male military age Muslims murder large numbers of people, usually large numbers of white people. It is unclear how many black male military age Muslims we will get under this policy, but there are several hundred million such in the world, and they would all be much better off coming to America to live on crime, welfare, and voting Democrat. So there is a good chance that Hillary will bring in a few hundred million black male military age Muslims screaming for infidel blood and white pussy, to permanently change the electoral landscape so that whites are permanently outvoted, and we end up with a brown republican party competing with a slightly darker brown Democrat party over who will burn the most white shops, murder the most whites and rape the most white women.

Trump’s nomination speech was law and order, and he proceeded do demonstrate his capacity to maintain law and order in a wide area around the convention center. Among his various law and order measures was that he was going to stop illegal immigration and Muslim immigration.

We all know that lawlessness and disorder is in very substantial part, non white criminals preying on whites, for example Kristallnacht in Ferguson, so this means Trump is the pro white candidate and Hillary is the anti white candidate.

And, of course, Hitler was the pro white candidate, therefore Trump is Hitler.

And I now raise another glass of moonshine, this time to 27. Februar 1933.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You have doubtless seen lots of people arguing that Trump is Hitler. Often “Trump is literally Hitler!”

Of course people who read my blog know what “literally” means, and though Trump is obviously not literally Hitler, there is in fact a good argument that Trump is Hitler.

But for some strange reason, Democrats never make the argument out loud in plain words. I wonder why.

The argument, said outright in plain words, is:

Hillary’s nomination speech was in large part urging black people to murder white people, and promising to use the justice department to prevent police from enforcing law on black people. If police, for some mysterious inexplicable reason, wind up arresting and killing a disproportionate number of black people – well that is disparate impact, which illegal. You don’t have to prove racist motivation. Disparate impact is racist. Treating people according to the content of their character is racist regardless of motivation if the outcome is bad for non asian minorities.

This has been the law and practice for a very long time, and failure to apply this law to school discipline and law enforcement is an unprincipled exception. Unprincipled exceptions always go away sooner or later, and Hillary, truthfully or untruthfully, is promising to remove this unprincipled exception for policing and school discipline. I hope she is being untruthful, but sooner or later it will be the truth. Unprincipled exceptions are always removed sooner or later.

Hillary also promised to take away the guns of law abiding people (law abiding gun owners being almost entirely white Republicans) so that colored criminals can kill them (Criminal gun owners being mostly black Democrat voters. In other words, she promises to take away the guns of white Republicans so that black Democrats can kill them once she has appointed enough anti gun supreme court judges.

Hillary also promised to keep the borders open, and in particular open to poor suffering Muslim refugees, who are generally brown or black, male, military age, and always vote Democrat. Every few weeks we read of some outrage where black male military age Muslims murder large numbers of people, usually large numbers of white people. It is unclear how many black male military age Muslims we will get under this policy, but there are several hundred million such in the world, and they would all be much better off coming to America to live on crime, welfare, and voting Democrat. So there is a good chance that Hillary will bring in a few hundred million black male military age Muslims screaming for infidel blood and white pussy, to permanently change the electoral landscape so that whites are permanently outvoted, and we end up with a brown republican party competing with a slightly darker brown Democrat party over who will burn the most white shops, murder the most whites and rape the most white women.

Trump’s nomination speech was law and order, and he proceeded do demonstrate his capacity to maintain law and order in a wide area around the convention center. Among his various law and order measures was that he was going to stop illegal immigration and Muslim immigration.

We all know that lawlessness and disorder is in very substantial part, non white criminals preying on whites, for example Kristallnacht in Ferguson, so this means Trump is the pro white candidate and Hillary is the anti white candidate.

And, of course, Hitler was the pro white candidate, therefore Trump is Hitler.

And I now raise another glass of moonshine, this time to 27. Februar 1933.

Well at least the mask is slipping to the point where we're getting actual "Hitler had some good ideas too" posts now

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Woolie Wool posted:

They die, of course. The deaths of tens of millions will be a small price to pay for the happiness of the few thousand who will live in our peaceful primitive utopia.
I think there's a strong imprint from evangelical Christianity in a lot of these visions: an apocalypse looming due to sinful behavior which will need to be stopped, but society will still be destroyed and only the virtuous will be saved by some action.

And as always the question becomes: Who gets to decide who dies?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Hillary’s nomination speech was in large part urging black people to murder white people

Somehow I doubt this happened

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hackbunny posted:

Somehow I doubt this happened

I love the sheer implausibility of the poo poo these people are claiming these days. Post-factual politics is a hell of time to be alive.

Although if it keeps going on like this I don't think we'll be alive much longer.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This Hillary sounds way cooler than the real one.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

There was a Norman Spinrad novel, Bug Jack Barron, with this as the premise. Written in the 70s, it seemed outlandish then. But I disagree that research into immortality, however far-fetched, is immoral.

Nessus posted:

I think there's a strong imprint from evangelical Christianity in a lot of these visions: an apocalypse looming due to sinful behavior which will need to be stopped, but society will still be destroyed and only the virtuous will be saved by some action.

And as always the question becomes: Who gets to decide who dies?

It's always the same. People have always wanted to live in 'the end times' to give their own end meaning. And politics have always been 'post-fact' - people are easily ruled by appeals to emotion, not 'reason'.

None of this is good, but it won't change. Unless we rewire our brains or something.

Count Chocula has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Aug 2, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

But I disagree that research into immortality, however far-fetched, is immoral.

I also disagree that it's inherently immoral, for what it's worth. The idea of Thiel becoming a vampire is still amusing, though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Count Chocula posted:

How shocking.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=822AWVTdLHs

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Hillary’s nomination speech was in large part urging black people to murder white people, and promising to use the justice department to prevent police from enforcing law on black people
I did a double-take on this one, because while I didn't watch the speech, what I'd heard about it was that it was "okay," that it focused a lot on kids with disabilities, and that she promised to fix government by micromanaging the poo poo out of it. So I went and read the whole speech. She spoke for 42 minutes, and in that entire speech, these are the only times she specifically mentioned the police or racial issues:

quote:

Look at what happened in Dallas after the assassinations of five brave police officers.
Chief David Brown asked the community to support his force, maybe even join them.
And you know how the community responded?
Nearly 500 people applied in just 12 days.

quote:

So let's put ourselves in the shoes of young black and Latino men and women who face the effects of systemic racism, and are made to feel like their lives are disposable.
Let's put ourselves in the shoes of police officers, kissing their kids and spouses goodbye every day and heading off to do a dangerous and necessary job.
We will reform our criminal justice system from end-to-end, and rebuild trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How does he expect filling his body with childrens' blood is going to undo bone degeneration or brain decay?

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Tesseraction posted:

How does he expect filling his body with childrens' blood is going to undo bone degeneration or brain decay?

When you're a vampire it's not about the blood, it's about the life force you gain through the blood.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Vlad the impaler did it!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tesseraction posted:

Because he really, really wants it to, so it will. That's how it works, right?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Curvature of Earth posted:

When you're a vampire it's not about the blood, it's about the life force you gain through the blood.

It sounds like his brain decay has reached an irreversible state.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Count Chocula posted:

How many people (roughly) would you be okay with draining of blood and life if it let you live forever?

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Forgall posted:

Well, feverish imaginings Hilary also personally murderessed some 213 people by 1996, if memory serves. The total must be in the the hundreds of thousands by now, what with her drone army and Foundation that serves as a front for Rothschild/Putin placating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Forgall posted:

Kinda OT, and I'm not usually a fan of his at all, but Bill Maher had a funny bit about Feverish Imaginings Devil Incarnate Hillary the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBnwPycFUQ

"Think I'm scared of a stretch in the joint? I'll run this motherfucker from the inside."