Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This guy was right about bloodborne, DS3 and the first DS3 DLC so theres probably some truth to his posts but again its the internet so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The next FROM/SONY thing is supposed to be revealed during the sony conference, some internet guy who has leaked correct stuff in the past put out info about it but who knows how accurate it is

I hope it looks like the European Mgea Man 2 box art

https://twitter.com/vgartandtidbits/status/871014024061882369

Or is new Armorsd Core

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Its definitely not going to be bloodborne 2. Supposedly its called PHANTOM WAIL and is a spiritual continuation of the souls formula in an ancient aztec/maya aesthetic with a focus on unarmed combat and fighting styles

Now that I am Undead, I have come to this great land, the birthplace of Lord Huitzilopochtli, to seek my very own sun! [rips out your still-beating heart]

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cool. Native and mesoamerican mythologies are super cool and seriously underused in video games

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Its definitely not going to be bloodborne 2. Supposedly its called PHANTOM WAIL and is a spiritual continuation of the souls formula in an ancient aztec/maya aesthetic with a focus on unarmed combat and fighting styles

That sounds awesome. I love aztec stuff in games... Ogre from Tekken, Kotal Kahn in MK, Spelunky... Cool aesthetic

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm always amazed at how great this whole game is. i guess i can't talk about it too much because of new blood, but the environmental storytelling is so good.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

goferchan posted:

don't you have to find an item to unlock the other starters for purchase? or does it just happen after you beat one of the bosses? i forget

You need the Saw Hunter badge which you get from killing the pig in the sewer. In case anyone still cares.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm always amazed at how great this whole game is. i guess i can't talk about it too much because of new blood, but the environmental storytelling is so good.

Hemwick Charnel Lane is still probably one of my favorite singular areas in most of gaming...especially it's connection with the portal to Cainhurst, and the ways the area is morphed in different moon phases. And the fact that it's all entirely optional is so neat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Using spoiler tags for this game 3+ years after it's release is a fun novelty

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Hemwick Charnel Lane is still probably one of my favorite singular areas in most of gaming...especially it's connection with the portal to Cainhurst, and the ways the area is morphed in different moon phases. And the fact that it's all entirely optional is so neat

i was thinking about the first time you go yahar'gul from the snatcher. after a playthrough or two you realize that it's a prison that the unseen school has been kidnapping citizens and molding them into grotesque statues / monsters in order to summon a giant corpse god

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

In Training posted:

Using spoiler tags for this game 3+ years after it's release is a fun novelty

It will be, a year from now.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i normally don't care that much about spoilers personally, but i'd feel really bad ruining the amazing reveals that BB has

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I basically gorged myself on bloodborne lore as soon as I started playing (still struggling with the DLC) which I kind of regret

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

Ya i got to watch my roommate who's never played any souls games try it last year and it was a joy

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Kongming posted:

You need the Saw Hunter badge which you get from killing the pig in the sewer. In case anyone still cares.

Oh yeah, that's what I did. It was awesome. I climbed around and just snuck up and killed him from behind with a heavy blow and then the critical move, I forget what it's called

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A backstab

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

A buttstab

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
It's called the Yharnam handshake

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

dont skimp on the shrimp posted:

It's called the Yharnam handshake

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's​ when you rip their guts out from the front though.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I forget what it's called

Satisfying.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd never really used the tonitrus to any extent before, but i'm running it as my secondary weapon (for the moment) on my STR/ARC guy. wow, it really shreds the early game!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's kind of cool having gotten worse at this game, because now the early parts are hard again

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

sector_corrector posted:

i'd never really used the tonitrus to any extent before, but i'm running it as my secondary weapon (for the moment) on my STR/ARC guy. wow, it really shreds the early game!

Yeah it's awesome- if it had a more robust moveset it would be bonkers.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, it's pretty standard mace. which is a cool moveset, but i've played at least 2 mace characters before in other games. the transform and the R2 is pretty cool though. it's fun to switch to every now and again, but i'm mostly using the kirk as my main.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

It's great , makes rom a joke, but for some reason it's the only weapon in the game where the durability stat is ever relevant. Idk if it's changed in a patch but at launch it was the main weapon I stuck with and it constantly broke in chalice dungeons and it was infuriating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's because you burn durability to do the electric charge but I may be forgetting

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty sure that's right. a few other moves use a similar mechanic.

i'm still trying to figure out my final loadout. i'm thinking moonlight GS and pizza cutter, and maybe the kirk to +9.

edit: probably black sky eye, augur of ebrietas, and... idk, just stick with the blunderbluss for my offhand, maybe the cannon?

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 5, 2017

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there any good offhands that scale on ARC? i know hunter torch, but from what i understand you need a LOT of arc to make that good at all.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

sector_corrector posted:

are there any good offhands that scale on ARC? i know hunter torch, but from what i understand you need a LOT of arc to make that good at all.

I think the two spray cans do, but I've never used them much

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dont skimp on the shrimp posted:

I think the two spray cans do, but I've never used them much

oh yeah, i forgot about those. i've never used them, so maybe i will. i feel like DOT in this game isn't great though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I think it's because you burn durability to do the electric charge but I may be forgetting

Not sure but it does have like half the max durability of any other weapon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

something i didnt realize until i heard rich evans talking about it, in the first zone w/ the mobs of torch holding villagers, by a nice little shortcut there's one of those huge executioner guys.

he's not guarding treasure, he's not gonna drop anything special, hell he only gives you like 200 blood on kill even though he's 20x stronger than everything else in the area. he's solely there to teach players that they don't have to fight everything and sometimes avoiding a fight is the answer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

something i didnt realize until i heard rich evans talking about it, in the first zone w/ the mobs of torch holding villagers, by a nice little shortcut there's one of those huge executioner guys.

he's not guarding treasure, he's not gonna drop anything special, hell he only gives you like 200 blood on kill even though he's 20x stronger than everything else in the area. he's solely there to teach players that they don't have to fight everything and sometimes avoiding a fight is the answer

Isn't that where you get the first blood gem in the game?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you have to fight and kill everything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Isn't that where you get the first blood gem in the game?

i think the treasure behind him is bloodvials or some other common drop. he has a small chance to drop a shard but it's not worth it, he doesn't even flinch like the other hoods do in the game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i always fight that guy, and if i lose then i know it's a bad run.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only time i ever run by anything is on the way to a boss. otherwise, i'll 100% an entire area without dying before i even attempt the boss.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

you have to fight and kill everything

Absolutely this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I run past 90% of the enemies