Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

tiistai posted:

The ending of Part 6 is incredibly cool regardless of whether you like its implications

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Two scenes after the gang pick up Emporio at the end of Stone Ocean a brick falls on Irene's head and everyone contracts Rock AIDs

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Baal posted:

Please skip Jolyne

i can't believe i made u that av and u say a thing like this

now I'm not gonna ask seafood to replace it with one that's identical but has the delay be a little less jarring even though it bugs me when I see it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wryd the manga, all of it

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
Part 6 is really insane and cool and theres nothing wrong with it except for FF dying and the dragons dream fight.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Whole lot of hate for Dragons Dream around these parts even though it's actually good.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the world's fingers for gently caress off

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The entire series of Survivor fights is really not great

Planet Waves is alright, I guess

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Any of those fights might have been fine individually but holy crap that entire sequence just went on for way too long and it's especially noticeable because one of the strengths of part 6 is its really fast pacing but the plot just slowed down to a drag there.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

alcharagia posted:

the world's fingers for gently caress off

I guess thats cool and so is the part where hes defeated by turning his legs into hosed up bone springs for no reason. Definitely some strong "bookends" for that fight.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the part that annoyed me the most about part 6 was how when all of DIO's sons were converging, there was a single inter-chapter text box saying "You might be wondering where Giorno is? The answer to that is, maybe he is actually in the area, but just slightly out of frame in every panel"

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
If he wanted to stop him from using the position magic he could have broken his legs or something... frankly I think annasui was just looking for an excuse to turn someones legs into hosed up bone springs.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Your way works too posted:

Whole lot of hate for Dragons Dream around these parts even though it's actually good.

Agreed

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

halleys comet posted:

If he wanted to stop him from using the position magic he could have broken his legs or something... frankly I think annasui was just looking for an excuse to turn someones legs into hosed up bone springs.

Annasui is hosed Up...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I liked that whole gauntlet of fights, though I'm more stoked to see the anime version speed it up some.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

The entire series of Survivor fights is really not great

Planet Waves is alright, I guess

Planet Waves is real good you hack!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It'd be better if it was just that fight

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that one went on for too long as well

just stay down you stupid guard fucker

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Part 6 would have been a lot better if Araki had made it like three to five Stand fights shorter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P much

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

It'd be better if it was just that fight

Yeah, but Planet Waves itself is still great and I don't think Dragon's Dream or Yo-yo Ma or whatever other fights come out of Survivor make it less great.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm flipping through random Part 4 volumes and something just hit me: why didn't Jotaro or Rohan or anyone have Joseph use Hermit Purple to get a spirit photo of who Kira impersonated?

One thing I really liked about part 4 was that everyone was equally as stupid as everyone else, so this never really bothered me. You have stuff like Akira making sure no one is able to find him by... coming to Josuke and friends and telling them his plan to kill Joseph. Then you have Joseph, who's entire reason for coming was to use Hermit Purple to find the killer, never actually do it because ??? Then the main villain of the arc is found out entirely because he decided to yell out his own name very loudly in public.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No one in Part 4 is a genius mastermind, and instead a bunch of lunatics doing the coolest poo poo available to them at the time that gets them the closest to their goal and ruuuuuules

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joseph is a poor senile old man, cut him some slack. He doesn't even remember Jotaro's name half the time and keeps calling Josuke "Stroheim" for some reason.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

no they will not posted:

the part that annoyed me the most about part 6 was how when all of DIO's sons were converging, there was a single inter-chapter text box saying "You might be wondering where Giorno is? The answer to that is, maybe he is actually in the area, but just slightly out of frame in every panel"

Whenever Giorno's not around, everyone should be asking, "Where's Giorno?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno was in Disney World.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is this true? Because if so then I have no reservations whatsoever.

I don't want to poo poo up the thread with mindless plot minutiae, but Made In Heaven specifically keeps living things through universe resets, only people killed by Made In Heaven are replaced.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno was in Disney World.

I forget how exactly the speeding the planet thing worked, would that mean Giorno wouldn't have to wait in line for the rides?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno's last conscious thought before the universe reset was "Here the gently caress is Mickey!"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Clearly when Dio fathered Giorno he hadn't finished properly integrating with Jonathon's body yet, making Giorno more Jonathon's son than Dio's. That's why he's counted as part of the Joestar bloodline and why he wasn't drawn to Cape Canaveral

The other Sons of Dio were conceived later after it had become almost entirely Dio's body

They look older than Giorno because Araki doesn't understand such trivial mortal concerns as "aging"

I'm pretty sure that ties everything up neatly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Giorno had black hair before he got Prince.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

They look older than Giorno because Araki doesn't understand such trivial mortal concerns as "aging"

They look older than Giorno because stone ocean was several years after vento aureo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Stone Ocean was not very fun to shotgun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stone ocean is easy to burn yourself out on, I highly recommend taking breaks during it to prevent that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

They look older than Giorno because stone ocean was several years after vento aureo

Tbf Ungaro has probably always looked like a shark man

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

ungaro, unlike all of his other siblings, got hit by the dario genes. i can't help but feel bad for the guy.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I don't want to poo poo up the thread with mindless plot minutiae, but Made In Heaven specifically keeps living things through universe resets, only people killed by Made In Heaven are replaced.

Well, in that case, sweet. Sounds like it's not such a bad deal after all.

Thanks friend, a weight has been lifted.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to go with from now on. Still, it's kinda weird since Joseph was expressly brought to Morioh so they could get a photo of a guy who they hadn't actually seen but were actively pursuing.

They brought him so that Hermit Purple could search the power lines for Red Hot Chili Pepper with its infinite-rope ability, not the spirit photography ability.

Though you're right that he took the spirit photograph of Angelo, so it's odd that he couldn't get one of Kira. Maybe he was just too senile at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The angelo photograph was because he kept trying to get photos of josuke but ended up with photos of angelo because angelo was dangerous and on the loose and was going to go after josuke.

No photographs after that because josuke was never in any real danger of being murdered by Kira at random since all Kira wanted to do was keep a low profile. At least, until Kira got Bites the Dust and went on the offensive