Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
http://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/201712122200597500_pi.shtml

quote:

Vartia podcastissa: Vaatimus siitä, että yritysten maksaman palkan pitäisi riittää toimeentuloon, on ”vahingollisin asia, jota suomalaisessa työelämässä toistetaan”

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Technically true, on account of labor being entitled to all it creates.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
The notions of a fair wages, fair profits, fair taxation and so on are sort of silly liberal concepts reflecting the shared fantasy of a benevolent capitalism hidden behind a layer of corruption caused by bad people, instead of capitalism being inherently amoral and indifferent to human sensibilities and the corrupt fucks everywhere just reflecting that reality. If subsidised low-wage work turns out to be economically more advantageous than the alternative, we will implement it now, implement it later when our economy is suffering in relation to others that did implement it, or sacrifice something else that our competitors haven’t sacrificed yet themselves.

I don’t claim that everything is terrible yet, but the direction since the 90’s is clear and long-term there are only two happy options: either find another human-friendly but also economically advantageous configuration of capitalism that can last longer than half a century, or end capitalism itself. For now, even though their proposals still look ridiculous, neoliberals mostly have it right. They embrace capital’s rule over viable political alternatives and indifference to human values rather than denying it like the reformist left, doing a shameful job at trying to soften it like the ”realistic” center-left, or reaching for scapegoats, swarthy or ideological or rich, like the populists.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

giljotiineja perkele

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

"The government should give the people just enough food and shelter so they don't starve, they should be forced to work in my corporation and I shouldn't have to pay any taxes because I'm such a good loving person for 'employing' those hideous retarded poors." - a modern capitalist

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Labor is a right, not a priviledge!

By that I mean I have a right to your labor. And tax cuts. And tax dodging. And corporate subsidies. And bailouts. Just give me everything.

Vote Kokoomus!

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I like to imagine GP steaming in his chair as he reads these posts and unable to do anything as shelling out 10 bucks would hurt his ego considering how little he supposedly cares about this (or he is just poor just like some die hard republicans secretly like to suck dick (cock?)).

What up my folks? Living the life of a programming consultant (read: [code] whore) can be stressful at times but at least I mostly get to work whenever I want to, these days. Thursday just became a Friday for me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

I like to imagine GP steaming in his chair as he reads these posts and unable to do anything as shelling out 10 bucks would hurt his ego considering how little he supposedly cares about this (or he is just poor just like some die hard republicans secretly like to suck dick (cock?)).

I think he's busy going on podcasts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think he's busy going on podcasts.

GP goes on podcasts?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

GP goes on podcasts?

Seems so.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/nyt/art-2000005491131.html

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005490777.html

#ääripäät

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

98-94, why was the beer vote so close

Anything that helps to dissolve monopolies is cool and good

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Double Bill posted:

i can't wait until pirkka wine demolishes the 10e red wine selection

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Double Bill posted:

Greens and LA were largely against because health or some bullshit. Very dissappointed. :frog:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
They know how we should live our lives. :angel:

Classic left tasapäistäminen

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I wish this vote would have failed so that Cock would have been bending over all this time and gotten absolutely nothing for it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

lol demarit

No wait there's one green there, did one Cock accidentally sit in the wrong seat

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 15, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Double Bill posted:

lol demarit

No wait there's one green there, did one Cock accidentally sit in the wrong seat

So did they get confused again and pushed the wrong button?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Double Bill posted:

lol demarit

:confused:

edit: wait, are you jungner?
http://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/201712150152842_pi.shtml

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 15, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anything that gets rid of Jungner can't be that bad

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Which party is he going to, though?

Couple of years ago he held a lecture at Otaniemi and he said that whenever a kokoomus MP calls him, the ringtone is set to imperial march.

Yeah I think he's gonna pick the cock

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

El Perkele posted:

i can't wait until pirkka wine demolishes the 10e red wine selection

Pirkka has some work to do to beat Footmark at 7e

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
It's kind of symptomatic of the rot in our political system that someone like Jungner can rise to the top levels of party politics despite being one of the dumbest motherfuckers in Finland.

It's even worse that no one is ever pointing out that he's been an incompetent disaster.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
”Rot” kinda implies that there existed a historical ”good” stage of our political system that went bad. Jungner doesn’t stand out enough for people with ties to the political system to perceive anything special as having happened.

I’m not saying our system is any special sort of bad, it’s just a somewhat improved version of the systems that have produced all those historical and modern powerful clowns all around the world.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
gently caress this new alcohol legislation with a knife

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Wine in Finland costs about 3x as much as I paid for it in Australia, so I am cool with the monopoly being hacked at a little.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Good wine is far cheaper in Finland than abroad though. Alko gets great deals from wholesalers and manufacturers due to the volumes they buy.

Do a price comparison for something like Veuve Clicquot in Alko and in the US, for fun.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Do a price comparison for something like Veuve Clicquot in Alko and in the US, for fun.

That's not a very good comparison because the logistics costs (and possible tariffs) are vastly different.

e: Also it costs almost exactly the same.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 16, 2017

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Who cares what it costs, Finns are still going to buy it and that way at least pay part of the cost of their liver treatments.

What really needs to be done is ban importing car loads of cheap booze from EU.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Alko also raises the prices of cheap wines or whatever they sell lots of so they can subsidize eg. better wines and craft beers. I heard they're almost selling the latter at a loss when you consider that they could use the self space for something more popular. They probably also have some national health considerations in mind when they can decide what's the cheapest bottle of wine you can get.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

What really needs to be done is ban importing car loads of cheap booze from EU.

Kieltolakihan toimi niin hyvin viimeksikin

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Kieltolakihan toimi niin hyvin viimeksikin

Toimi se hyvin monopoliyhtiön perustamisesta siihen saakka kun tuontirajat Virosta poistuivat. Salakuljetus oli käytännössä olematonta (jos joku onnistui piilottamaan puolikkaan pullon Valgeeta tullilta niin siitä riitti retosteltavaa puoleksi vuotta).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Toimi se hyvin monopoliyhtiön perustamisesta siihen saakka kun tuontirajat Virosta poistuivat. Salakuljetus oli käytännössä olematonta.

The gently caress it was. You just didn't have any connections.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
lol jos ette tunne jotain ukrainalaisia hitsareita, kohteliaita manneja ja savolaisia rekkamiehiä jotka myyvät halvalla tupakkaa ja vodkaa

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

Toimi se hyvin monopoliyhtiön perustamisesta siihen saakka kun tuontirajat Virosta poistuivat. Salakuljetus oli käytännössä olematonta (jos joku onnistui piilottamaan puolikkaan pullon Valgeeta tullilta niin siitä riitti retosteltavaa puoleksi vuotta).

Kerrotko vielä ne perustelut miksi Alkon monopoli on hyvä asia ja että miksi työvoiman ja tavaran vapaa liikkuvuus on perseestä

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Perusteluksi riittää jos kerrot olevasi Väyrynen

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Alko saa hyviä diilejä parempien ihmisten viinaksista ja rahvas voi käydä virossa halvalla. Jos et asu stadissa ja lautta ei oo lähellä niin hajoo siihen pönde.

also olen väyrynen

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

ei, minä olen väyrynen

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

me kaikki olemme Väyrynen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Niin olettekin.