Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Someone call the drat cum police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TVIV couch chat: The Cumfederate states of America.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rocksicles posted:

It was an out take in some regions. The torrent I have didn't show it. But I saw in on another release

Yeah, I don't think it's on the Netflix version of the show. Which is odd, because if they cut that, then it's literally the only thing they cut.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

On-screen cum is the new peak TV trend.

All the new seasons of all the big shows will be absolutely glazed in cum.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Peak TV? More like Skeet TV.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alf Clausen was fired from The Simpsons.

What the gently caress.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Timby posted:

What the gently caress.

Someone at Fox looking to climb the corporate ladder by cutting costs and showing savings.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Timby posted:

What the gently caress.

Who is that? Not being snarky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The composer for the last 27 years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

This site is reporting that HBO is beginning production on The Mighty Eighth, their third WWII miniseries, about the air war over Europe. It claims it has a budget of $500m. I'm looking for better sources but the writer is at least still working on it, or was in July.

https://twitter.com/johnorloff/status/889593735306203136

Very happy about this.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arist posted:

The composer for the last 27 years.

As in he wrote the music for things like the Monorail song and the Maison Derrier song?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IRQ posted:

As in he wrote the music for things like the Monorail song and the Maison Derrier song?

Alf Clausen apparently won an Emmy for the latter, even!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

He is involved with most of the songs, yeah. He also did the score.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
we've done it, we've reached Peak TVIV

:yikes:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

X-O posted:

Very happy about this.

Me too, my grandfather was a B-17 captain.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

McSpanky posted:

Me too, my grandfather was a B-17 captain.

Anything to remind this country that nazis belong on the wrong end of a gun, or plane, as it were.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

Don't poo poo cumchat. It's literally the elixir of life.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 31, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, I don't think it's on the Netflix version of the show. Which is odd, because if they cut that, then it's literally the only thing they cut.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/list.php?o=4679 lists only the extended Bluray and the tv version (assuming Starz)

But it was not updated recently. #bringerofjizz

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

Don't poo poo cumchat.

phrasing

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

This is gonna sounds stupid, but I just now realized that that's not Jax Teller in your avatar, because of course your avatar is from Patriot and not Sons of Anarchy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IRQ posted:

Anything to remind this country that nazis belong on the wrong end of a gun, or plane, as it were.

drat skippy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh jesus i didn't even think that people might think i have a Sons of Anarchy avatar

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

oh jesus i didn't even think that people might think i have a Sons of Anarchy avatar

Only people who don't look at it closely. Facial hair, etc, I just thought it was Charlie Hunnam on the left out of the corner of my eye. I read the text under it and I was like "oh hey, that's from Patriot. Oh hey, that's not Jax Teller".

And probably it's not the first time I've noticed. I drink a lot. I'm working on it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Some people's minds go to the worst places first.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Also, someone posted the Comrade Detective monopoly scene before.

I love CD, but that's not great satire. That's literally what the game of Monopoly was invented to portray.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Mark Boone Junior was Bobby Elvis long before he was that guy in Patriot.

God I can't believe I watched all of SAMCRO. :barf:

Some parts of it were really good.

I don't want to talk about it.

edit: ^ I don't really think that's satire. It's funny because of the Communist reactions to it, not because they're satirically misinterpreting it. Comrade Detective isn't a satire of American culture, it's a satire of American propaganda. The longest running jokes are about how they twist and demonize basic American culture while playing it totally straight how great it is to be communist. Because that's exactly how Soviets are portrayed in American fiction from the 80s and 90s.

Snak fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 31, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also, someone posted the Comrade Detective monopoly scene before.

I love CD, but that's not great satire. That's literally what the game of Monopoly was invented to portray.

Only half true, Monopoly is the end-adaptation and commercialized version of the original Landlords Game. The Landlords Game was way more overt about its themes than Monopoly ended up being and it's highly ironic that Parkers tried to bury the contributions of the inventor in the process of making billions in watering down the themes of the concept they had bought from her. The starkly anti-capitalist board-game became pro-capitalist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aw yeah, Netflix added the latest season of Bones at some point, it's time for me to watch some insultingly bad garbage.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Lurdiak posted:

Aw yeah, Netflix added the latest season of Bones at some point, it's time for me to watch some insultingly bad garbage.

Have fun with that one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder if part of Netflix's revenue strategy is to do like zero marketing for it's shows and series premieres, as a money saving measure. Would you believe me if I told you season 3 of Narcos premieres tomorrow? It does!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Would you say we've reached TVIV's... climax?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Would you say we've reached TVIV's... climax?

They say they every time you watch a season finale, you die a little bit.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.

precision posted:

They say they every time you watch a season finale, you die a little bit.

Can confirm, felt that way after the Battlestar Galactica series finale. But it's actually a lot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, le grand mort.

e: NBC does it again folks

quote:

And it looks like her ratings are bearing out this concern. According to a new piece by The Daily Beast, NBC insiders are in a state of “total panic” over the upcoming September 22 launch of Megyn Kelly Today, the former Fox anchor’s new morning show that will function as the third hour of the network’s popular, long-running Today. Presumably, they’re outraged by her blithe assertion, “I’m a soulless lawyer. Give me any opinion and I can argue it,” which is the opposite of the trusted and ethical stance people look for in a news broadcaster and viewpoint-possessor. And the poor ratings for her Sunday evening journalism show—which recently canceled the final two installments of the planned 10-episode run—suggest America is in agreement with NBC, and wants no part of this woman.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 31, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Megan Mullally and Nick Offermans new special on Prime, they talk and sing about fuckin for an hour. Gets pretty old honestly, it was funny for about 15 mins but ehhhhhh

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

Megan Mullally and Nick Offermans new special on Prime, they talk and sing about fuckin for an hour. Gets pretty old honestly, it was funny for about 15 mins but ehhhhhh
It's almost like B list celebrities with cult followings smell their own farts

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Didn't megyn kelly insist jesus was white? Mainstream america doesn't want to watch some garbage ultra right wing person right now, who knew.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Ah, le grand mort.

e: NBC does it again folks

quote:

Presumably, they’re outraged by her blithe assertion, “I’m a soulless lawyer. Give me any opinion and I can argue it,” which is the opposite of the trusted and ethical stance people look for in a news broadcaster and viewpoint-possessor.

What a silly thing to be outraged over.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hmmm it's almost as if her ratings were generated more because she was an empty blonde husk repeating GOP talking points to a built-in audience, rather than having any actual personality or perspective of her own!!!

Mu Zeta posted:

Didn't megyn kelly insist jesus was white? Mainstream america doesn't want to watch some garbage ultra right wing person right now, who knew.

Santa Claus, but close enough.

Which is, of course, patently untrue. Everybody knows that this is what Santa Claus looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

I like Mullally quite a bit, but Offerman flat-out sucks at stand-up. He either does half-baked attempts at being Ron Swanson, or else he's doing poo poo that feels like three-day-old microwaved Ron White.

• Locked thread