Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Waiting for Amazon to send me my Switch at some point. But Zelda arrived, I'm going to eventually lick the cartridge, I know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Cardboard Box posted:

man i wish the switch pro controller had a headphone jack. and analog triggers. and a better d-pad. it's a pretty good controller regardless but i still have trouble justifying to myself the $70 spent

I like the DS4 except for its blinky bar, lovely battery life and also that the audio function doesn't work when you pair it to a non-PS4

The touchpad thing is okay I guess, I mean I always feel like using my thumbs on it and my thumbs suck at touchpad action. I dunno how they made the decision to include it tbh, unless they were eyeing windows functionality

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

pippy posted:

Waiting for Amazon to send me my Switch at some point. But Zelda arrived, I'm going to eventually lick the cartridge, I know it.

I licked all the bitter away and then some toddler ate my Zelda

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I just got a switch tonight the day after I decided it would be impossible to find one and gave up...so of course the Walmart 2 miles away from me suddenly has three. Mine doesn't seem to have the small pile of issues that I've read mentioned, and I have what might be rare praise for it-

I love the small size of both the detached controllers and included controller stick-together thing. My pinky is only about two inches long and my palm maybe three, though, so I'm basically a mini-adult. I can see how some of you would find it uncomfortable if you're bigger than a 5'1 lady. :gonk:

To the point though- Does anyone on here post friendcodes? I went and got the Nintendo account but I don't have any buddies on this thing yet.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 3, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Freakbox posted:

I love the small size of both the detached controllers and included controller stick-together thing. My pinky is only about two inches long and my palm maybe three, though, so I'm basically a mini-adult. I can see how some of you would find it uncomfortable if you're bigger than a 5'1 lady. :gonk:

I have massive goddamn man hands and the joyconns feel great, to the point where picking up the xbox controller feels weird after I've been using them for awhile. My only "complaint" is that I haven't played anything that even gives you the option of binding anything to SR/SL, even though I could easily make use of them.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I have massive goddamn man hands and the joyconns feel great, to the point where picking up the xbox controller feels weird after I've been using them for awhile. My only "complaint" is that I haven't played anything that even gives you the option of binding anything to SR/SL, even though I could easily make use of them.

Neat! I had just read some reviews by guys who were upset with the size of it; I'd actually been looking forward to it.

I only bought BOTW with it, but it's been really enjoyable and peaceful. My wife immediately wants to try it tomorrow after backseat cooking and forcing me to climb every tree.

Oh! Also, protip - if anyone's worried about dock scratches still, just buy a cheap pair of pantyhose at the store. Cut the foot part off with scissors, slide over dock front, boom. 2 dollar screen protector. Pantyhose also breathe, so the system won't get too warm in there.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Freakbox posted:

Neat! I had just read some reviews by guys who were upset with the size of it; I'd actually been looking forward to it.

I only bought BOTW with it, but it's been really enjoyable and peaceful. My wife immediately wants to try it tomorrow after backseat cooking and forcing me to climb every tree.

Oh! Also, protip - if anyone's worried about dock scratches still, just buy a cheap pair of pantyhose at the store. Cut the foot part off with scissors, slide over dock front, boom. 2 dollar screen protector. Pantyhose also breathe, so the system won't get too warm in there.

Thanks dude now I have a defense next time someone asks me about the pantyhose

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
BOI still doesn't have reset? gently caress you Ed!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ratbert90 posted:

BOI still doesn't have reset? gently caress you Ed!

I'm just happy with the fact that there's a "Drop pills/trinkets" button.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I licked all the bitter away and then some toddler ate my Zelda

RIP in peace

Freakbox posted:

I just got a switch tonight the day after I decided it would be impossible to find one and gave up...so of course the Walmart 2 miles away from me suddenly has three. Mine doesn't seem to have the small pile of issues that I've read mentioned, and I have what might be rare praise for it-

To the point though- Does anyone on here post friendcodes? I went and got the Nintendo account but I don't have any buddies on this thing yet.
Can i do a friend code before I've even got a switch?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Earned Golden God tonight in BoI, because I'm lazy and have been doing Sheol/Dark Room victory lap runs instead of unlocking poo poo like I should.

Really should do all the challenges to unlock more items, but it's just so nice having Anzus available as the only rune that can spawn.

Just hit 50 hours+ according to my profile. Honestly I'd love to just be able to copy my steam save over to unlock Platinum God + every item.

BoI is the perfect handheld game :allears:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Really should do all the challenges to unlock more items, but it's just so nice having Anzus available as the only rune that can spawn.

This but Jera. :getin:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

parallelodad posted:

Ok I'll plug my phone into the USB plug on my watch.

there was another option there

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also in that situation there is a more overriding option of: dont use a smart watch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smart watches are great man. I can dismiss my email, read my text messages, and control my podcasts without getting out my phone and distracting myself. And when I'm in a new city I can toss my walking directions on there. And they're cheap. This Pebble time was like $80 and lasts about a week before needing a charge.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6333w0/the_nintendo_switch_is_starting_to_warp_while/

Looks like warped bent switches are the next big scare. Gonna check mine when i go on break (switch rules) but i dont think it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just leave the Switch under a heavy book overnight. This poo poo ain't rocket science.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Haven't you seen those curved TV's? It's the new trend.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Picked up the last neon switch at Walmart, thank you Goons Ily all

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

New thread title is ace.

I'm very excited to get my switch on Wednesday as a little present from me to me for doing very well on an extended business trip to China. Gonna play Snipperclips with my brother while we're traveling and BotW while I'm getting and maintain a scotch buzz on the deck of a ship for a straight week.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wtf it's so tiny lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It has the exact look and size of a 5-year old GPS system.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Nintendo Switch Bends in Normal Use

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
so is there anyone here whose switch is bent and not just some guy on reddit

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fast rmx: online multiplayer?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just to put the Bluetooth thing to rest:

Bluetooth 4.1 runs at 24Mbp/s.
If the switch controllers are sending so much god drat data that they need all of that, Nintendo seriously hosed up.

So yes, the switch should be able to handle your 320Kbp/s FLAC files while listening to your 10,000$ Bluetooth headphones while playing Zelda.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bef posted:

Fast rmx: online multiplayer?

Yes. At this point though the only real difference between playing online and offline is taking the game's word you're playing against people instead of bots, but they're patching it to add more interaction with friends.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6333w0/the_nintendo_switch_is_starting_to_warp_while/

Looks like warped bent switches are the next big scare. Gonna check mine when i go on break (switch rules) but i dont think it is.

"This is definitely a Nintendo problem and not me twisting the Switch in frustration"

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

Yes. At this point though the only real difference between playing online and offline is taking the game's word you're playing against people instead of bots, but they're patching it to add more interaction with friends.

Names don't show up at all? Can you play with your friends???

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah you see usernames and icons. No friend lobbies yet but they say they're adding it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fast RMX's current online setup is basically the equivalent of "Quick Play." It's serviceable, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just testing it out now to make sure everything works properly before updating it. It's a good game!

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

pippy posted:

Zelda arrived, I'm going to eventually lick the cartridge, I know it.
Yeah we all licked our copy, fess up.

Raserys posted:

so is there anyone here whose switch is bent and not just some guy on reddit
This freaked me out slightly, but here's the thing with Nintendo consoles. I know I'm going to buy at least two of them, so when they iron it out I'll be there in line.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I'm not sure if it's because of environmental conditions or what, but all of my NES and SNES carts are still able to hold saves with their original batteries.

Some games use more of the save battery than they need to, most notably some of the Pokemon games which used the battery to keep an internal clock going and almost always are dead already unless the person before you managed to replace it.

And then yeah you'll find a cart at a flea market that somebody clearly threw in a puddle of water because poo poo is rusted off or corroded.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

this might be the culprit for that poor goons switch where the screen was lifting out of the plastic

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Takoluka posted:

Fast RMX's current online setup is basically the equivalent of "Quick Play." It's serviceable, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just testing it out now to make sure everything works properly before updating it. It's a good game!

I would have preferred a straight f-zero 64/style game (no gimmick or weapon other than throwing opponents outside of the track) but yes, it's a serviceable game after Wipeout 2048.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

limaCAT posted:

I would have preferred a straight f-zero 64/style game (no gimmick or weapon other than throwing opponents outside of the track) but yes, it's a serviceable game after Wipeout 2048.

theres powerups? boo!

will still cop it. Im going to get BOI even tho i hardly played the second one, Blaster Master, and RMX. any other games that are surprised hitters? i got botw on my wii u

also is there a portable battery charger??? also which screen protector is best

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Can someone re-link the amiibo powersaves thingy? I can't find it, and i'm not entirely sure what I need to buy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bef posted:

theres powerups? boo!

will still cop it. Im going to get BOI even tho i hardly played the second one, Blaster Master, and RMX. any other games that are surprised hitters? i got botw on my wii u

It has a color phase gimmick where the boosts on the map are tied to two colors you need to swap to in order to gain said boosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwwW7kO1tI

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bef posted:

theres powerups? boo!

also is there a portable battery charger??? also which screen protector is best

There's not power ups, I'm not sure what he's talking about. There's actually less combat than even F-zero, you can't really take out other cars.

The closest thing to a powerup is boost modules to raise your boost meter, the same concept as F-zero's energy pads but split into orbs and scattered around the track instead of being a lane at certain points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I started playing Zelda with the joycons detached. Holy poo poo gyro aim works now and I don't feel stupid shooting the bow.

Also these feel really good. I don't think I'm getting a pro controller. Being able to move my hands freely without them being stuck together holding a pad is real nice.

• Locked thread