Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Libertine posted:

You're enormously exaggerating the effect of something
Okay, fair. 45% of Ancestral Healing on 2+ heroes, every 10 seconds. I had numbers wrong. It's still better than range on E if you can rub two brain cells together.
Level 10 Vigorous Reuptake + D: 1,036
Level 10 Ancestral Healing: 2,298

Libertine posted:

that has a long list of conditionals to be met before happening.
1. Land your W on exactly 1 enemy
2. ???

Libertine posted:

Which is probably why that talent is not popular

Appears to be accurate

Um, what?

code:
Last 3 complete weeks winrate by League, compared to Within My Reach
Master    Diamond    Platinum
-3.3%     0%         +3.2%
+2.1%     +0.2%      -3.1%
+2.9%     -4.6%      -4.2%
Hardly conclusive. Almost all are above 50% winrate, even when Within My Reach outperforms.

Personally, I can land impactful lurking arms at the normal max range. Position well with terrain + team. I still get the level 1 lurking arm talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Power Bottom posted:

There's a lot of unlisted poo poo that was added with the patch. Countess Kerrigan, the Eye Pad, the Invisible Horse, Psycho Stitches, and IIRC a few other things got snuck in. Y'all might wanna pick up the Eye Pad now before it goes "on sale" for Hallow's End and gets the price jacked up.

Oh poo poo eye pad only 400 shards, thanks

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

Okay, fair. 45% of Ancestral Healing on 2+ heroes, every 10 seconds. I had numbers wrong. It's still better than range on E if you can rub two brain cells together.
Level 10 Vigorous Reuptake + D: 1,036
Level 10 Ancestral Healing: 2,298

1. Land your W on exactly 1 enemy
2. ???

More like:

1. Have your healing pathogen, pustule and BKS off cooldown
2. Spread it to your team, preferably to the relevant members that actually need the heal
3. Land your W on exactly 1 enemy
4. Detonate it all before the healing pathogen expires

And this is obviously ignoring basic elements like positioning any interruptions by the enemy team, etc

Absolutely not as innocuous (:v:) as you make it sound.

I tried that build once: never again, I felt useless half the time and it's a lot of effort for not that fantastic a reward. Vigorous reuptake by itself is usually sufficient to keep your team topped off without dealing with the extra hassle of targeted excision.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow dehaka's win rates have tumbled recently after the extremely minor nerfs. He's now in the Li Ming/Genji tier of heroes. I still will probably pick him but I guess I'll err in favor of Sonya.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Power Bottom posted:

There's a lot of unlisted poo poo that was added with the patch. Countess Kerrigan, the Eye Pad, the Invisible Horse, Psycho Stitches, and IIRC a few other things got snuck in. Y'all might wanna pick up the Eye Pad now before it goes "on sale" for Hallow's End and gets the price jacked up.

The Invisible Horse is a recent addition (Ana patch). I also didn't see anything but the three you named (no Scarecrow Xul for example), but yeah they were all 400 shards.

Edit: Oh, Headless Horseman Charger mount is another one.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 4, 2017

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

More like:

1. Have your healing pathogen, pustule and BKS off cooldown
2. Spread it to your team, preferably to the relevant members that actually need the heal
3. Land your W on exactly 1 enemy
4. Detonate it all before the healing pathogen expires

And this is obviously ignoring basic elements like positioning any interruptions by the enemy team, etc

Absolutely not as innocuous (:v:) as you make it sound.

I tried that build once: never again, I felt useless half the time and it's a lot of effort for not that fantastic a reward. Vigorous reuptake by itself is usually sufficient to keep your team topped off without dealing with the extra hassle of targeted excision.

Pustule has a 5 second cooldown once you complete the quest, BKS will have a 5 second cooldown when you hit a single target. You have 4 seconds before hitting a single target and 3 seconds after hitting a single target for a 7 second window (out of a 10 second cooldown) where you need to get healing pathogen onto the person you're trying to heal. If you have trouble doing that, universal carrier and pox populi are two talents that make this even easier to use. I'm a high gold low plat player and I have never had problems pulling the combo off.

Get good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I still don't get the benefit of lurking arm range. Its range is already far enough unless you have problems with

Dietrich posted:

Get good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Toshimo posted:

Top tier players: Lurking Arm talents are super good and should be taken as default at every level except 20, with minor variations based on comp.

Goons: Lurking Arm is a trap and only garbage AI monkeys take those talents.

So when do the average players turn into these top tier demigods, cause until then I want them to stop picking lurking arm builds wherein they proceed to just put down roots and then die.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Lurking arm is a huge trap in most cases that players use it. They stand stationary and eat a ton of ranged harass before running away/dying/being able to heal themselves.

I only use lurking arm to interrupt channels/combos or block choke points. For this purpose taking all those talents that want you to hold lurking arm forever kind of suck. The only lurking arm talent I like to take is the one that causes it to linger after you are done channeling for a second.

Also the heal reset on pustule is insanely good and a must have if you take Vigorous reuptake, because it means you can stack the quest so much earlier. Aiming the pustule to hit one guy shouldn't be that hard, and if you are just hitting all your buttons like some kind of neanderthal instead of holding them to try for the combo then yes you will never get the conditions needed for resetting your heal. :rolleyes:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 4, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Yardbomb posted:

So when do the average players turn into these top tier demigods, cause until then I want them to stop picking lurking arm builds wherein they proceed to just put down roots and then die.

I was in a vAI match last week as Ana with a Stukov, he spent almost the entire game just sitting there with lurking arm down while I did all the actual healing. He got a medal for "Silence time" whereas I got jack poo poo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Big lurk is good for pretty obvious reasons, it makes one of your main abilities 2.25x bigger and the nature of the ability makes it much more effective with a bigger size.

The ability is used poorly by a lot of bad players ofc.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

With highly skilled players on both teams I can see why a massive silence area would be more beneficial than a poo poo ton of heals, but that has more to do with trusting your own team to manage their health, not take unnecessary damage, and not over-commit adjusting the comparative utility of the two skills than one being flat out better than the other in every circumstance and that's why they're using it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But he doesn't have any level 1 heal talents competing with it unless I'm missing something.

Amusingly though spine launcher is now his best performing L1 talent on hotslogs. I took it in an ARAM brawl and it is pretty ridiculous now.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

I still don't get the benefit of lurking arm range. Its range is already far enough unless you have problems with

If you don't see the benefits of being able to very safely deny objectives and zone enemies to protect your teammates rather than marginally improving your healing output (seriously what kind of team needs 1k HP every five seconds to survive ??) then I dunno.

To each their own I guess. :shrug:

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

While we're discussing Stukov, what is his good ult.? Bigly shove one dude or slightly shove everybody away?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Paranoid Peanut posted:

While we're discussing Stukov, what is his good ult.? Bigly shove one dude or slightly shove everybody away?

Pretty definitively the shove, it's so powerful and it's on such a low cooldown, every single fight you get to pick a high value target to say buh-bye to, while the slap is pretty much just fight prevention/jumbling.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty definitively the shove, it's so powerful and it's on such a low cooldown, every single fight you get to pick a high value target to say buh-bye to, while the slap is pretty much just fight prevention/jumbling.

I've literally been sent from the enemy core to halfway down a lane by a shove before. It's really good if you can aim it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Map dependent. If it's a big open map like warhead junction or cursed hollow where shoving a dude usually throws him out of the fight for a while, bigly shove. If it's tomb of the spider queen where it's a small, enclosed map and shoving them really might just mildly inconvenience them, might go for slightly shove everybody away.

also skill dependent. Shove everybody away will always give you some space even if you're bad, bigly shove dude might do nothing if you miss the skillshot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Shove is better at lower skill levels because dumbs on your team will stand there and watch the swings happen instead of pressing MOAR BUTTONS while the enemy is eating the swings.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Stukov's ults perform about equally and depend entirely on both teams compositions and how they choose to engage fights.

If the enemy team has a single high value initiator or assassin who has to setup or win their fight, ejecting him with Shove is priceless.

If they have several dive heavy guys who are all equally threatening and need to pile into a fight, disrupting all of their fight patterns with Swipe is great.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

If you don't see the benefits of being able to very safely deny objectives and zone enemies to protect your teammates rather than marginally improving your healing output (seriously what kind of team needs 1k HP every five seconds to survive ??) then I dunno.

To each their own I guess. :shrug:

Gee, if only you addressed the "already far enough" part of my statement, maybe we could have a legitimate discussion instead of shrug emoting :shrug:

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

Gee, if only you addressed the "already far enough" part of my statement, maybe we could have a legitimate discussion instead of shrug emoting :shrug:

So that you can emptyquote a "git good" again ? Gee, I'll pass.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i just use grubby's cdr build on stukov, seems good.

let's you heal pretty much constantly which is great at bronze/silver where people are just diving and getting killed all the time.

and doing the healing pathogen --> tag 1 enemy --> silence pool --> root/heal/slow/blind is fun.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
My hot take: all builds on all characters have some benefits and drawbacks at different times.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogart posted:

My hot take: all builds on all characters have some benefits and drawbacks at different times.

Post your hotslogs bitch

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bogart posted:

my hotter take: twin blades varian

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Power Bottom posted:

My hottest take: very good in QM when you've got multiple tanks.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Power Bottom posted:

Twin blades Varian is really good if your team is completely disorganized/unable to focus and the other team has a lot of low mobility squishies.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He's pretty good at soloing camps too, from my experience, I've pretty much solo'd bosses when necessary since his self healing is insane.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kurieg posted:

He's pretty good at soloing camps too, from my experience, I've pretty much solo'd bosses when necessary since his self healing is insane.

He's also insane with a Morales on his team.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Varian is also really good at overextending and being thrown over our gate :D

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Twin blades Varian is really good

nah

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Twin blades is only good when you're gonna be soloing bosses the entire match.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I can understand someone taking Twin Blades Varian on Immortals in an unorganized Quick Match composition that needs or wants the single target auto attack damage.
Colossus Smash is probably still better in such a case, but I can understand the logic behind it.

Damning it with faint praise.

The truly bad ultimate is Shadow Assault. At least people remember that Twin Blades exists. Not even bots take Shadow Assault.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i like twin blades because he attacks really fast like whoosh

also because lol teammate communication in qm for proper use of the taunt or armor buster

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The "hYUARRRRRGH!!" Is plenty communication :colbert:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

In a completely disorganized team or one where your team is unable to focus (due to enemy mobility or general lack of coordination) Twin Blades is usually better than Taunt. Taunt can be an active hinderance in these situations because the value of Taunt is directly proportional to how coordinated your team is.

In optimal situations, then Taunt is better in nearly every way.

In non-optimal scenarios, self-sufficiency, being able to take objectives, sustain in a lane, and secure kills without requiring allies are useful traits.

Twin Blades has the highest win % in QM and Hero League in Master and Diamond for a reason.

The only ult you never take in any scenario is Shadow Assault.

Or Crossfade.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
The only acceptable time to take Twin Blades is if you also have a Kharazim who builds towards non-stop Deadly Reach. PUNCHIN' AND CHOPPIN' AIN'T NEVER STOPPIN'.

EDIT: I mean until you eat a single stun and both die instantly.

Disgusting Coward fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In a completely disorganized team or one where your team is unable to focus (due to enemy mobility or general lack of coordination) Twin Blades is usually better than Taunt. Taunt can be an active hinderance in these situations because the value of Taunt is directly proportional to how coordinated your team is.

In optimal situations, then Taunt is better in nearly every way.

In non-optimal scenarios, self-sufficiency, being able to take objectives, sustain in a lane, and secure kills without requiring allies are useful traits.

Twin Blades has the highest win % in QM and Hero League in Master and Diamond for a reason.

The only ult you never take in any scenario is Shadow Assault.

Or Crossfade.

Even uncoordinated, Taunt can solo slippery opponents better than Twin Blades. Tracer, Genji, Valla, but Li-Ming with a wall to jump over, Lunara with leaping strike, Chromie with Bye Bye!

You'll probably have other targets, but these are basically immune to you. You are also burstable, important if you're in a lovely situation with pubbies. Don't forget that Taunt gives you Heroic Strike resets.