Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One of the AF guys in venal was able to grind enough isk to buy a titan + the skillbook in like four or five days

He bought it and as far as I know is still burned out and hasn’t played since April lol

Sounds about right. I haven't been back to missions after doing an entire Saturday/Sunday of burners on drugs. But I've also been busy in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One of the AF guys in venal was able to grind enough isk to buy a titan + the skillbook in like four or five days

He bought it and as far as I know is still burned out and hasn’t played since April lol

Are you serious? How has he done that? I think when I do ratting all day long for the next few days I wouldnt even have half the money for a titan

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chalkece posted:

Are you serious? How has he done that? I think when I do ratting all day long for the next few days I wouldnt even have half the money for a titan

At that rate of payout he would be making better than minimum wage in most of the USA by playing EVE.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
If you had a 180m skill point combat character skilled almost perfectly into Gallente and Minmitar, which race would you branch out into—Caldari or Triglavian?

Caldari has the advantage to its advantage the fact you do not have to train new weapons systems and roughly 2/3rds of doctrine ships seem to be Caldari, and Triglavian ships have the advantage of looking way more fun to fly.

Edit

I already have all the relevant skill books for both injected.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

If you had a 180m skill point combat character skilled almost perfectly into Gallente and Minmitar, which race would you branch out into—Caldari or Triglavian?

Caldari has the advantage to its advantage the fact you do not have to train new weapons systems and roughly 2/3rds of doctrine ships seem to be Caldari, and Triglavian ships have the advantage of looking way more fun to fly.

Edit

Triglavian ships have pretty decent drone space, your Gallente skills will transfer over quite well. I would go Triglavian, the ships are much cooler and PvP focused.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

What's more important to you? Being able to participate in more roles in more fleet doctrines, or being able to fly cool triangle ships?

Answer that question, and you have your answer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Chalkece posted:

He used the standings drugs and was performing a unique but grognardly strategy and was running two runner clients at the same time

This was also when Gilas were king for the instanced pve bullshit that came out this year

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Rutibex posted:

At that rate of payout he would be making better than minimum wage in most of the USA by playing EVE.

Because of the current blackout changes I cant make normal 120m ticks... Dont want to lose another heavy fighter t2 squad in one site..

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So I guess :ccp: is going to make an industrial cyno for JFs instead of having them use covert ops cyno?

RIP to anyone who went ahead and injected all their cyno alts...

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
CCP is confusing "disruption" with "being arbitrary".

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

gently caress that Meta Show sucked. I usually enjoy it a lot, but 90 minutes of Boat and Highwontoe (sp?) interrupting each other was just ridiculous. Then Boat tried justifying balancing by ISK. Then he tried justifying literal gold ammo (and demonstrated he doesn't understand the basics of economics). They basically skimmed over the interesting stuff, like Hilmar saying they'd consider penalizing ship loss more and Jita 4-4 getting tethering.

All I can say is thank goodness for KColor and Jay. Even drunk Jay made it more bearable.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Ynglaur posted:

gently caress that Meta Show sucked. I usually enjoy it a lot, but 90 minutes of Boat and Highwontoe (sp?) interrupting each other was just ridiculous. Then Boat tried justifying balancing by ISK. Then he tried justifying literal gold ammo (and demonstrated he doesn't understand the basics of economics). They basically skimmed over the interesting stuff, like Hilmar saying they'd consider penalizing ship loss more and Jita 4-4 getting tethering.

All I can say is thank goodness for KColor and Jay. Even drunk Jay made it more bearable.

I must have missed something, because all I heard was Boat talking about small bonuses attached to skins, which could be purchased with plex (cash) or isk.

At this point I am agnostic about the idea, but this is literally something many other MMOs do (minus the ability to buy them for in-game currency) that offers an additional revenue stream for the company.

And the better CCP does, the longer EVE is around. This is basic economics.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You listened to boat on purpose. You knew what you were getting into.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I skipped the meta show this week, because boat off the leash is just a bad idea. I'll catch up on CCP brainworms next week.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Ynglaur posted:

Boat. Is. An. Idiot.

News at 11.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

yeah, i usually only watch the meat show if mittani's on, because he does a moderately serviceable job reigning in boat

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Warmachine posted:

What's more important to you? Being able to participate in more roles in more fleet doctrines, or being able to fly cool triangle ships?

Answer that question, and you have your answer.

Yeah... I don’t know. I took great pride in my two race only character for years. So much so that years ago I bought an Amarr character off of the forums and she is now, at 100m combat sp my primary alt, and all of her skill points are exclusively in Amarr ships.

I don’t really know how this relates to your question, other than to say I am super annoyed that the meta doctrines are almost exclusively Caldari, which just means CCP has done a terrible job of balancing their game.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah, i usually only watch the meat show if mittani's on, because he does a moderately serviceable job reigning in boat

I knew this going in, but never imagined ot would be so bad. Shame on me.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is Boat still a MAGA weirdo? Or maybe he wasn't MAGA but he was a creationist or some not true thing he thinks is true.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

vyst posted:

Is Boat still a MAGA weirdo? Or maybe he wasn't MAGA but he was a creationist or some not true thing he thinks is true.

If the root of your question is, is boat still dumb, the answer is unequivocally yes.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
So now you can change skills with a phone app. I wonder if that app counts you logging in to change skills as an actual in game log in.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ragedx posted:

So now you can change skills with a phone app. I wonder if that app counts you logging in to change skills as an actual in game log in.

i bet the app counts you opening up the app as a login

or the app staying open in the background through a downtime

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

ragedx posted:

Edit: nm I was being lazy.

Yeah, drat right they're counting those as logins.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 27, 2019

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CainFortea posted:

You listened to boat on purpose. You knew what you were getting into.

:hmmyes:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

evilweasel posted:

i bet the app counts you opening up the app as a login

or the app staying open in the background through a downtime

I bet it counts opening the launcher with saved logins as a login. BDO requires you to log in to patch (probably) for this reason when it didn't before

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Been watching that lame "Fanfest" youtube video. Looks like Hilmar really doesnt like titans and has plans to gently caress em over. Anyone else notice the awkwardness when that subject gets brought up?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

ragedx posted:

Looks like Hilmar really doesnt like titans and has plans to gently caress em over.

I'm not a big fan of Hilmar but at least he's apparently not a total idiot.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How cheap are supers now?

I’m alpha but if supers are getting dunked on I should probably offload them

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Buy high sell low amirite?

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Remove titans and refund sp. bring back the name mothership and make eve great again.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The price of supers and titans depends a whole bunch on where you plan on selling it. If it's in 1DQ you will be able to offload it fast, but you are going to get rock bottom prices.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Hilmar can hate Titans all he wants. If CCP's new Korean overlords want Death Stars to make the gaming press :swoon: for a week or two, CCP will make Death Stars.

And yeah, I saw the details about the big fuckoff NPC (for the moment) Triglavian megacapital ship.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Today in NPC corp-chat

:allears:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

That depends on where those supers are. If it’s Delve between 9 and 11 bill for the hull + rigs.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Boatswain posted:

Today in NPC corp-chat

:allears:

:yikes:

Pretty confident that you could use in-game global chats in roughly any MMO as a honeypot for potential gulag candidates.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Resting Lich Face posted:

whoa now let’s not let a broken clock situation bait us into going that far. he definitely is.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I took a break from missioning and did some ratting as I realized caldari lp is worth a good 30% less than amarr lp and my earnings stay about the same in a much busier warzone, and so far I learned that ratting in lowsec without lucky commander spawns is a thankless task... I did like 3 hours of clearing belts and got like 5 clone soldier spawns which put my earnings at 45 Mil an hour or something...

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Resting Lich Face posted:

Say what?

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday I learned that one of my client's DB admin used to work for CCP.

No wonder their product sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

ragedx posted:

Remove titans and refund sp. bring back the name mothership and make eve great again.

So stoked for EVE Classic