Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Vakal posted:

I liked TNT & Plutonia as well, but I'm assuming that is because I played them on Final Doom for the PSX so like half of the total levels had been stripped out for space reasons or something.

Final Doom on PSX was mostly Master Levels of Doom 2 than it was TNT and Plutonia, so yeah. I should probably revisit TNT because I remember finding the first half fun and then the second half became tedious dogshit. Plutonia I found more amusing for how many times it tries to screw you over, in the right mindset Plutonia is pretty funny to play instead of infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Serephina posted:

Also I'm not sure but was there an Egypt/pharaoh themed level? I might be confusing it with a Duke3d level, since that sounds too outlandish to me.

Yep, that’s MAP31, Pharaoh. I kinda like it - it was one of my first experiences with a map that gradually unfolded and “woke up” as you explored it - but it wouldn’t be as notable outside of Evilution.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

did they patch a bunch of stuff in cultic?

Yes

Milo and POTUS posted:

You used to be able to crawl over the debris blocking the exit in the crypts and I'll be damned if I can figure out how anymore.

I think several oob exploits were fixed, dunno if that was one.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Also ammo seems more plentiful, especially for the rifle and I don't remember cultists harassing you when you fought the tank.

I don't think either of these were changed.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Cultists definitely harassed the poo poo out of you while you fought the tank because that's the point where I nearly abandoned my Extreme difficulty playthrough when I played at launch. They eventually patched in a checkpoint once the tank shows up thankfully, but not until I had already beaten it :argh:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You can place the dynamite early on the tank.

There's a few places where the harvesters used to get stuck but don't anymore, most notably the one in the bathroom on the asylum.

Needless to say, I was shocked

e: something really screwy, it's saying my total time was 1:21~. Not a chance, I spent nearly 30 minutes on the first level, no way I beat my best runs when I actually knew the game. Also I think I'm missing 3 weapons parts but I can't recall how many there are and there's nowhere on the net I can find quickly that says how many but I think it might be 44

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 4, 2023

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gotta say Im impressed Extreme Paintbrawl has 3 sequels, all with numbers, but the third game has a different name.

Extreme Paintbrawl
Extreme Paintbrawl 2
Ultimate Paintbrawl 3
Extreme Paintbrawl 4

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

You can place the dynamite early on the tank.

There's a few places where the harvesters used to get stuck but don't anymore, most notably the one in the bathroom on the asylum.

Needless to say, I was shocked

e: something really screwy, it's saying my total time was 1:21~. Not a chance, I spent nearly 30 minutes on the first level, no way I beat my best runs when I actually knew the game. Also I think I'm missing 3 weapons parts but I can't recall how many there are and there's nowhere on the net I can find quickly that says how many but I think it might be 44

Per my notes it's 41.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Barudak posted:

Gotta say Im impressed Extreme Paintbrawl has 3 sequels, all with numbers, but the third game has a different name.

Extreme Paintbrawl
Extreme Paintbrawl 2
Ultimate Paintbrawl 3
Extreme Paintbrawl 4

Extreme Paintbrawl is the modest wish to do something on your PC that you can also do outside, but the moment it leaves your lips you realize that Creative Carnage is twisting and torturing the worst interpretations out of your words like the evil genie from S07E21 of the X-Files.

"I want realistic paintballs and paintball accessories"...and behold, you stand across a river from your opponent; the two of you masturbate PGP pump pistols at each other and watch as paintballs the size of tangerines lazily glide through the air, seemingly unaffected by gravity and simultaneously overwhelmed by it. Like an artilleryman, I aim my gun at the clouds high above and draw upon the powers of trigonometry--as if to yam god himself--so that my balls might reach out and touch foes 60 or 70 feet away. Other guns require more money, but you will never progress far enough to earn any of it.

"I want arenas that take advantage of the Build Engine to be more exciting than real life"...and lo, you find yourself in a place that only vaguely recalls reality; a fever dream of liminal spaces where players abruptly find themselves trapped on literally nothing, where at any moment you might slip into a place between places, crushed beneath the world while music that can only be described as "even worse Dragonforce" hammers your skull.

"Give me bots so that a match is always available"...and indeed each team is always full. But teams are an immaterial concept to these bots...a pointless guideline like teaching a horse to respect the importance of page margins. A bot rhythmically shrinks and grows--first it is ten inches tall, and then ten feet; another rapidly crouches until it vibrates? into the cactus beside it; one spends the entire match standing perfectly still, staring at you, or through you, or perhaps not even seeing you at all, and allowing you to shoot paintballs at its face (giving it what is known in the biz as a good "gogging") without surrender. You stand in an arena with 15 of these bots--all following this evil sort of anti-logic, with no time for the sport of paintball--and you realize that you are completely alone.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Extreme Paintbrawl is a waking nightmare, a game spawned from the background of a CSI episode and breathed full of foul life, where everything is half-remembered facsimiles of actual things and you feel like, at any moment, the whole facade might crumble and reveal that everybody--your friends, everybody you know, even you yourself--has been dead for fifteen years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, so how do I get a 4 pack

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve only played 2. Which ditches Build for a different engine, one used to make at least a couple of white supremacist games. I borrowed it from my cousin who had tons of Head Games poo poo, and other bargain bin garbage.

He was a dick and refused to loan me this one because it was rated M.
Well I went and bought it cheap last year and…..it was terrible and I wasn’t missing out on anything.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Extreme Paintbrawl is the modest wish to do something on your PC that you can also do outside, but the moment it leaves your lips you realize that Creative Carnage is twisting and torturing the worst interpretations out of your words like the evil genie from S07E21 of the X-Files.

"I want realistic paintballs and paintball accessories"...and behold, you stand across a river from your opponent; the two of you masturbate PGP pump pistols at each other and watch as paintballs the size of tangerines lazily glide through the air, seemingly unaffected by gravity and simultaneously overwhelmed by it. Like an artilleryman, I aim my gun at the clouds high above and draw upon the powers of trigonometry--as if to yam god himself--so that my balls might reach out and touch foes 60 or 70 feet away. Other guns require more money, but you will never progress far enough to earn any of it.

"I want arenas that take advantage of the Build Engine to be more exciting than real life"...and lo, you find yourself in a place that only vaguely recalls reality; a fever dream of liminal spaces where players abruptly find themselves trapped on literally nothing, where at any moment you might slip into a place between places, crushed beneath the world while music that can only be described as "even worse Dragonforce" hammers your skull.

"Give me bots so that a match is always available"...and indeed each team is always full. But teams are an immaterial concept to these bots...a pointless guideline like teaching a horse to respect the importance of page margins. A bot rhythmically shrinks and grows--first it is ten inches tall, and then ten feet; another rapidly crouches until it vibrates? into the cactus beside it; one spends the entire match standing perfectly still, staring at you, or through you, or perhaps not even seeing you at all, and allowing you to shoot paintballs at its face (giving it what is known in the biz as a good "gogging") without surrender. You stand in an arena with 15 of these bots--all following this evil sort of anti-logic, with no time for the sport of paintball--and you realize that you are completely alone.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Extreme Paintbrawl is a waking nightmare, a game spawned from the background of a CSI episode and breathed full of foul life, where everything is half-remembered facsimiles of actual things and you feel like, at any moment, the whole facade might crumble and reveal that everybody--your friends, everybody you know, even you yourself--has been dead for fifteen years.

you're just making me want to play it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm Laurence Fishburne saying "we're leaving" after everybody sees the massacre video in Event Horizon, and you people are all trying to figure out how to split up and get to the crazy massacre dimension.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm Laurence Fishburne saying "we're leaving" after everybody sees the massacre video in Event Horizon, and you people are all trying to figure out how to split up and get to the crazy massacre dimension.

That was the best part of Event Horizon so, yes.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Extreme Paintbrawl being made in 2 weeks explains so many things about it, such as why the AI is so buggy (it's Duke Nukem monster AI that they were modifying but ran out of time), or why it's a "Windows" game that launches the DOS based build engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXa8zW0cX14

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 4, 2023

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Smartest captain ever

Seeing Event Horizon for the first time, as a 15 year old, at 4 am (yay cinema movie marathons~), was a very bad decision

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Well I went and bought it cheap last year and…..it was terrible and I wasn’t missing out on anything.
Is hotlinking Mobygames images OK now?

CIA Operative: Solo Missions. Most notable as "that game they made before Medal of Honor: Allied Assault".

Put the two games side-by-side and you'll immediately notice they share the same texture style.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

cuc posted:

Is hotlinking Mobygames images OK now?
IIRC Ye Olde Hotlinking Rules are either dead or haven’t been enforced in like a decade or so. I still reupload everything out of habit, mind…

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

IIRC Ye Olde Hotlinking Rules are either dead or haven’t been enforced in like a decade or so. I still reupload everything out of habit, mind…

I do too, if only because some sites break stuff or just, go down

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Trainwreck Studios, truly a mark of quality.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

The Kins posted:

Yea I was thinking of that a bit, I think the net has matured a bit over the years and hotlinking things isn't a big of a deal anymore. Websites which still care will block it, most probably won't even notice the blip.

I also make an effort to rehost, usually.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

I’ve only played 2. Which ditches Build for a different engine, one used to make at least a couple of white supremacist games. I borrowed it from my cousin who had tons of Head Games poo poo, and other bargain bin garbage.

The chopper is weird as hell.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Turin Turambar posted:

The chopper is weird as hell.
It looks like an AI image generator's idea of a chopper

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Smartest captain ever

Seeing Event Horizon for the first time, as a 15 year old, at 4 am (yay cinema movie marathons~), was a very bad decision

I decided to watch this when I was a young teenager, in the dark by myself. A good decision it was not.

Now I enjoy it, although I still find the scenes with his wife difficult to watch

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Most of Event Horizon now feels rather tame/cheesy in the wake of the intense nightmare fuel that came along in the 2010s, and yes I wish there was an unrated murder orgy cut, but we'll always have Hellraiser.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

edit: wrong thread!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 4, 2023

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

anilEhilated posted:

Did you read the Mobygames page for it? Three whole weapons! Handgun, SMG, and sniper rifle!

Name Change posted:

Most of Event Horizon now feels rather tame/cheesy in the wake of the intense nightmare fuel that came along in the 2010s, and yes I wish there was an unrated murder orgy cut, but we'll always have Hellraiser.

I'm torn because on one hand I do want to see it, on the other hand that bit where we just hear what's going on and the captain's all "we're leaving" is such a great scene where the ambiguity really helps sell it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don’t think anyone gives a poo poo about hotlinking anymore. If they really cared they’d turn on some anti-leeching feature.

anilEhilated posted:

The menu screens look like some poo poo from a Newgrounds Celebrity Assassin game from 2000.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Casimir Radon posted:

I don’t think anyone gives a poo poo about hotlinking anymore. If they really cared they’d turn on some anti-leeching feature.

The menu screens look like some poo poo from a Newgrounds Celebrity Assassin game from 2000.

Is this a prequel to Hatred

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The loading screens for CIA OPERATIVE: SOLO MISSIONS are so loving cool

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You’re right, I can feel that vista loading cursor freezing my bones from here

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://youtu.be/hpRXbij4l6s

That’s the vibe I get from it. They seem more at home in a flash game where you kill the Backstreet Boys.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alpha Prime gonna be a 34 minute speed run at Summer Games Done Quick, so get ready for lightning fast jank

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In this thread, we learn that Trainwreck/2015/Infinity Ward/Respawn had some serious latent genes that wouldn't resurface until CoD4:megadeath:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I mainly remember Extreme Paintbrawl as the first game I ever saw get a single digit score in PC Gamer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's not a gun, he's holding a particularly shiny coin you see,

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Barudak posted:

Alpha Prime gonna be a 34 minute speed run at Summer Games Done Quick, so get ready for lightning fast jank

How many times do they say Hubbardium in the speed run

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I mainly remember Extreme Paintbrawl as the first game I ever saw get a single digit score in PC Gamer

I always associate these games with Deer Hunter and Carnivores which both owned.

Still waiting for a new dinosaur hunting game to anyone that's listening!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Deakul posted:

I always associate these games with Deer Hunter and Carnivores which both owned.

Still waiting for a new dinosaur hunting game to anyone that's listening!
There’s Compound Fracture, which isn’t out yet. The devs did announce a couple of weeks ago that they’re switching to working on it full time and that progress would accelerate. I’m hoping for Trespasser with considerably less jank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
After a long delay and the required co-operation between three gigacorps to untangle whatever mess needed untangling, Halo MCC now supports playing on Steam Deck with anti-cheat enabled. You'll still have to choose the "anti-cheat disabled" launch option on startup, though, the labels got swapped on Steam Deck. 343, eh?