Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ain't no party like a john kasich party

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/695732517098364928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Third World Reggin posted:

With football coming up, it should be reminded to everyone that Donald Trump loves football and may have destroyed a football league in the 80s.

They did a 30 for 30 on the USFL, I watched it and they used clips of Trump, but he himself refused to appear in it IIRC.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Why is making her do this? Why does Jeb want to kill his old old mother?

Because she beat him

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheTatteredKing posted:

Because she beat him

Everyone's beating him why's she so special

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrQvGCArkpg

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Joementum posted:

they see me rollin'

There's a Jeb! bus right there! Just put the old lady on the bus!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jeb is finally getting revenge on his lovely family. They think he's lame? He'll show them lame! He'll burn down all their empire in a giant wet fart!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

ive heard the claim that Yale tightened up their requirements for legacy applicants between w's and jeb's applications but i dunno

also jeb went to u Texas i believe

Texas is actually worse than Florida so this is okay.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dolash posted:

The biggest tragedy of Trump losing the nomination is we'd never find out who his VP pick would be. He seems to have an issue where anyone who garners enough support in the primary to threaten him leads to confrontations too vicious for them to put aside later, while anyone who doesn't get enough support is a proven loser unworthy to share ticket space with. Maybe if he starts closing in on the nomination we'll start to see establishment figures endorse him in order to get in good and he'll pick a running mate from that pool.

It's kind of weird at the moment because Iowa going to an evangelical has always been an assumed speed bump for Trump since back in the summer, even if he did make a push in the last month and underperformed his polls. People have really tried to make a lot of hay out of it probably in hopes that it'll reverse his momentum but not achieving an unstoppable clean sweep didn't turn out to be fatal for anyone else who's gone on to win their party's nomination.

If he wins New Hampshire we'll probably see the reverse happen, with people chanting Trump and the thread swamped with declarations of the Unstumpable return, even though winning NH has also been long expected and basically means the primaries are unfolding in a pretty normal way. Things don't really look like they'll get interesting until South Carolina where there's some potential to actually set the narrative outside of the usual "Evangelical loser wins Iowa, frontrunner wins New Hampshire".

is he hosed though? i think he still may have a chance if he wins both NH and SC. rubio is the moderate pick sure, but in every debate he just comes off as an angry kid, he gets red faced and rambles. i want to see the party implode drat it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

rubio is the moderate pick

No.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/695705786903830528

Tomorrow night, let's do this!

:getin:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

rubio is the moderate pick

you don't know me!!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/695684523674079232

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Ugh, dad, no. Not a Jeb! sticker." ~ kid at that booth

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Why is making her do this? Why does Jeb want to kill his old old mother?

Oedipus complex, except he wants to kill his mother and marry his father.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Tightened up my crazy conspiracy theory:

Consider: Cruz and Trump met on July 15th, when Roger Stone was still Trump advisor. Stone believes every establishment candidate is a plant for Bush, backup plan Rubio. Trump says he "doesn't even know why they're meeting", despite knowing Cruz and donating to his PAC in 2014.

They meet at least 5 more times privately and have a phone repartee. At one point, they planned dual events, but decided better of it.

They both then only ever discuss illegal immigration, Common Core, political corruption and wall street influence on Washington despite two of those being relatively weak issues for Ted considering the birther issue and loans. These things KILL Bush/Rubio though. Trump mentioned the "natural born" thing ONCE in March and not till the two broke off recently ever again.

Their big fight stifled any consensus establishment rise for the past month, with Trump guilty of essentially being too much like Reagan and Cruz being guilty of not compromising -so damning to their bases! :rolleyes:

Cruz can't ever win the nomination with the natural born attack available. Even if that was off the table, he doesn't have a path and he knows it. If he is VP nominee, even if he loses in the general, he can clear it up in courts and position himself for 2020 or 2024.

Cruz does great internal polling which he could share with Trump. Cruz spent most of his money on Rubio in the last few days in Iowa, to many people's puzzlement. Since, Trump and Cruz have soaked up the airtime and avoided Rubio, both of them actively derailing the Rubio storyline on Television with accusations of fraud and rebuttals, until suddenly Trump stopped the attacks entirely. Today, he's back to saying he would consider Cruz for VP.

Trump still dismisses the need for internal polling. He knows this was a big boon for Cruz in Iowa. It doesn't add up. People think Trump attacked Cruz because he got big but I bet Trump had Cruz internal polling showing the December Rubio surge was less of a dud than reported.

Rubio began his first surge according to media headlines December 10th. Trump and Cruz ended their bromance the 12th when Trump first attacked Cruz. So they have both quelled a Rubio surge at their own expense, one each, as soon as it began, then gotten in a media tiff to bring the spotlight on BOTH OF THEM and not Rubio.

I'm pretty much married to this. Interesting to see if future results prove i was just backframing it, but if this pattern holds to SC I'll be sure, myself.

Edit: for extra tinfoil, add Carson to the team, with the November feud with Trump stifling yet ANOTHER failed Rubio surge. Now, Trump defends Carson from Ted, all 3 being complicit in the "fraud", leaving Carson the option to endorse Trump despite the terrible attacks in November. He's honest, at least, and defends justice, or some other sleepy Ben bullshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 5, 2016

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Pick posted:

Everyone's beating him why's she so special

:golfclap:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What people at Princeton thought of Cruz

quote:

"I remember very specifically that he had a book in Spanish and the title was Was Karl Marx a Satanist? And I thought, who is this person?" Mazin says of Ted Cruz. “Even in 1988, he was politically extreme in a way that was surprising to me.”

In addition to Mazin and Leitch, several fellow classmates who asked that their names not be used described the young Cruz with words like “abrasive,” "intense," “strident,” “crank,” and “arrogant." Four independently offered the word “creepy,” with some pointing to Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived

“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints: 'Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?'" Mazin says.

“He didn’t become more civil or well-mannered” over the next four years, Poggi told me over email. “When anyone in my class and I talk about him there is no one who breaks in and says ‘Come on guys, he wasn’t so bad.’”

“Everyone in my class that I’ve talked to is horrified that he’s a candidate,”

One such person, who studied with Cruz at Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and asked not to be named in this story, referred to him as a “monster geek” who was “constantly dominating the conversation in order to get the attention of the professor.”

According to Beardsley, the two were having an “intellectual debate” about abortion one day, when she disclosed that her mother had once ended a pregnancy. “I remember telling him [that] my mother had two children, they really couldn’t afford to have another child, they really would have struggled. And it was a very difficult, painful decision for my mother.” At that point, she said, “he became vicious and made it personal,” eventually telling her, in his loving way, “that my mother was going to hell and was a whore.”

“He made me cry, he was really awful,

“He was just sort of an odious figure lurking around,” another dorm-mate said.

“The very first thing he ever said to me was ‘Hi, I’m Ted Cruz, I assume I can count on your vote for student body president,’”

“He was known in debate circles for frequently telling the story of his father coming to the U.S. with the money in his underpants; he was very attached to that image,” she said

http://theslot.jezebel.com/heres-what-happens-when-you-try-and-track-down-a-ted-cr-1752337625

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

This is the new unskewing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I wonder if trump is working on debate slams about Jeb hauling his walker bound mother to campaign for him

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VirtualStranger posted:

The main thing I took away from this article is that there is at least one person in the world who has willingly hosed Ted Cruz.

:barf:

There is a difference between willingly loving, and willingly being hosed by, Ted Cruz.

Just ask the Senate Republicans.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

TheTatteredKing posted:

This is the new unskewing

I'm right and you know it

I CRACKED THE CASE BOYS, PACK IT UP GOPe-ailures

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Michael Corleone posted:

They did a 30 for 30 on the USFL, I watched it and they used clips of Trump, but he himself refused to appear in it IIRC.

I just watched that as well and he did appear in it. 2009 interview I think. He was very dismissive of it's chances, claimed it only went as far as it did because of him, and said he got a good lawsuit out of it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so he is just a religious/super rightwing dickhead and he has always been that. possibly a sociopath.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

VirtualStranger posted:

The main thing I took away from this article is that there is at least one person in the world who has willingly hosed Ted Cruz.

:barf:

18 year old Ted Cruz was actually kinda good looking!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-vG_TdOT4

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Oiled and Ready posted:

Tightened up my crazy conspiracy theory:

Plausible enough

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

yes, nothing says high energy like 90 year olds campaigning for you

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'm right and you know it

I CRACKED THE CASE BOYS, PACK IT UP GOPe-ailures

hahaha Trump has broken you.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I wonder if trump is working on debate slams about Jeb hauling his walker bound mother to campaign for him

He'll do even better. He'll suggest that Barbara come up on stage and debate for Jeb.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Rocks posted:

yes, nothing says high energy like 90 year olds campaigning for you

And doing a better job than you could do by yourself.

The X-man cometh posted:

Oedipus complex, except he wants to kill his mother and marry his father.

Perfect in every way.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/695742752798089216

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hahaha Trump has broken you.

I was making fun of myself there. But yes you're still right. But unlike the others he broke on this board, my theory is plausible. It all fits, especially the December Rubio surge.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
:pusheen:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

hahaha that whole thread

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/695730039179051008

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Also that conspiracy post makes me think back again to the debate where Trump powerbombed Cruz over the New York Values thing. Trump was VERY on message there, not rambly like he usually is. Almost as if ... he knew it was coming :tinfoil:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Will it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
New WBUR NH poll.

• Locked thread