Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I feel like the current adult version is "wallet, mask, keys and phone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I always thought it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xqwVOEprek

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrXZnDv6zQ with sound, this always kills me

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

pik_d posted:

Mask, wallet, keys and phone
Keys and phone
Keys and phone
And wipes and ear buds, mints and comb
Keys and phone

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

pik_d posted:

Our mantra leaving restaurants, movie theaters, juggalo gatherings, orgies, or the like is "spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch." I feel for phone, key, wallet (and now mask) as I say it. Never failed me.

Apparently, Austin Powers ripped it off from some 80s movie, so I don't know where I got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZTp1coqajQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

BigHead posted:

Our mantra leaving restaurants, movie theaters, juggalo gatherings, orgies, or the like is "spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch." I feel for phone, key, wallet (and now mask) as I say it. Never failed me.

Apparently, Austin Powers ripped it off from some 80s movie, so I don't know where I got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZTp1coqajQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

I believe it's probably originally a joke about the Catholic sign of the cross, which follows that pattern on the body. Aside from that YouTube clip, I remember hearing that at mass as a child.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

they say can you believe it AGAIN? Like this guy got 2 nutshots in the same match?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Zero One posted:

Agreed. gently caress Ohio.

As someone born and raised in Ohio, I concur.

Also, South Carolina doesn't like Ohio because the Wright Brothers (who were from Ohio) performed the first controlled, powered aircraft flight, and Ohio is so thirsty for any sense of identity, it calls itself the birthplace of aviation despite this really being SC's thing. (also, since no one in Ohio has read a history book since I left, they recently hosed up the way the plane is flying on their license plates).

I don't blame Wilbur and Orville; I'd invent airplanes too, to leave Ohio. Hell, Neil Armstrong is from Wapakoneta, OH, and even he left the loving planet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dodgeball posted:

Also, South Carolina doesn't like Ohio because the Wright Brothers (who were from Ohio) performed the first controlled, powered aircraft flight, and Ohio is so thirsty for any sense of identity, it calls itself the birthplace of aviation despite this really being SC's thing. (also, since no one in Ohio has read a history book since I left, they recently hosed up the way the plane is flying on their license plates).

I don't blame Wilbur and Orville; I'd invent airplanes too, to leave Ohio. Hell, Neil Armstrong is from Wapakoneta, OH, and even he left the loving planet.

SC trying to horn in on Kitty Hawk's racket

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A mate of mine is from Ohio, (Cincinatti), and he is a wonderful person who once bought me a T-Shirt with the Iron Sheik on it as a present.

So stop your, (probably truthful), slander of a place I have never visited!

Picture tax:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Is Indiana doing alright there? Something they want to tell us? Blink twice if you need help.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I believe it's probably originally a joke about the Catholic sign of the cross, which follows that pattern on the body. Aside from that YouTube clip, I remember hearing that at mass as a child.

Yeah it's this. It goes back till at least the 50s because that's when my Granddad told my Dad it, who in turn told me it in the 80s.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Where do you keep your wallet?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I keep mine behind my balls so I've never understood the religious saying

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The get out* toad

*get towed

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Deteriorata posted:

Vacation in Myrtle Beach, I assume.

Don’t forget Hilton Head.

Also apparently Rhode Island and Hawaii are pretty okay according to everyone else.

New Jersey is just the rear end in a top hat outlier with their catch-all.

Also: Wright Brothers flew in NORTH Carolina.

SC just hates Ohio because Ohio tourists are like peak American International Tourist Stereotype and that somehow even applies domestically.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Nov 7, 2021

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Hawaii doesn’t hate anyone because apparently living in a tropical paradise thousands of miles away from any other state make you not give a gently caress about what people in the Dakotas or Georgia or whatever do or think

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If they could hate a district, they would hate Washington, D.C..

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BrigadierSensible posted:

A mate of mine is from Ohio, (Cincinatti), and he is a wonderful person who once bought me a T-Shirt with the Iron Sheik on it as a present.

So stop your, (probably truthful), slander of a place I have never visited!

Picture tax:
No need to get too worked up, Cincinnati is in Kentucky.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I heard it as a joke: a catholic priest and a rabbi are driving to a religious conference when they get into an accident, flipping the car. When they both regain consciousness and climb out of the wreck, the priest sees, to his amazement, the rabbi make the sign of the cross. “My friend!” The priest exclaims, “Has this near-death experience finally converted you?” “Oh, no,” says the rabbi, “I was just checking I still have everything: spectacles, testicles, wallet, and checkbook.”

E: also gently caress Indiana (the Florida of the north, without any of the good stuff in Florida), and also gently caress Ohio. If I had to think about it, I’d probably hate Ohio more but hating Indiana is instinctive and justified.

Bibliotechno Music has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Nov 7, 2021

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I would like a toad please

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I would like a toad please

I got ya fam

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982671&perpage=40&noseen=1#post518652174

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

pik_d posted:

Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
chesticles, testicles, weiner and twat

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Turpitude II posted:

chesticles, testicles, weiner and twat

You keep your wiener and twat on opposite sides of your body?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I see no reason
In pandemic seasons
To forget stuff like some sasquatch?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hi there, I’m from the commission to make Texas shut the gently caress up about how awesome it is.

I’m also on the commission to not scale things when presenting them next to other things.

I’m also from Florida, my family is from New Jersey, and I’d like to confirm everything about the original image.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

if my entire experience as a virginian for my entire life is any indication, we hate maryland (we are jealous of their crab game) and dont acknowledge west virginia

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dodgeball posted:

There most amazing part about this wrong thing you said is that you managed to abbreviate it to SC several times, and then you successfully quoted the NCDOT without noticing the mistake

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

MrYenko posted:

Hi there, I’m from the commission to make Texas shut the gently caress up about how awesome it is.

I’m also on the commission to not scale things when presenting them next to other things.

I’m also from Florida, my family is from New Jersey, and I’d like to confirm everything about the original image.

texas has 4x as many people as my home state and is 100,000 km^2 smaller

texas? more like new york

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

im pooping! posted:

if my entire experience as a virginian for my entire life is any indication, we hate maryland (we are jealous of their crab game) and dont acknowledge west virginia

It's just nice that anyone is thinking about us at all over here. We came pretty close to Delaware disappearing a few times due to no one driving during the pandemic leading to no one hitting that toll on 95 which caused everyone to just forget about the entire state

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mauser posted:

It's just nice that anyone is thinking about us at all over here. We came pretty close to Delaware disappearing a few times due to no one driving during the pandemic leading to no one hitting that toll on 95 which caused everyone to just forget about the entire state

Delaware is currently Earth's capital.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Despite this I cannot in good faith recommend anyone to invest in Delaware.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

What happened to "spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch"?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mauser posted:

So...it remained Delaware?

Full disclosure: I grew up in Newark and Wilmington.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BiggerBoat posted:

So...it remained Delaware?

Full disclosure: I grew up in Newark and Wilmington.

Delaware is a fictional concept so you couldn't have actually grown up there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phanatic posted:

What happened to "spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch"?

The Catholic Church has been seeing a strong decline for a while now. No one does the cross anymore gramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

So you're from Baltimore, huh? Whaddaya call yourselves?