Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Raserys posted:

Where is the fanart of the most handsome boy of all, pang tong

Start here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I love cheesecake. Probably my favorite cake. But it has to be plain, no sauces or fruits or anything. Just straight up.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cheesecake is a pie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually it's a pizza

Also I like my cheesecake to be nothing but gay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, I mean fruit

slev
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPBx5Dq-Jk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

quote:

Kill-Smash Action

The one-against-one thousand Warriors series and the uniquely gruesome battle series Berserk unite. Wield a grand sword bigger than yourself and slice the enemy in two, kill and crush with “Kill-Crush Action” overflowing with power. Experience the overwhelming destructive power of breaking a siege with a single swing.

A Grand and Deep Story

The game starts from the “Golden Age Arc” popular among original fans, up until the end of the “Millennium Falcon Arc” where the protagonist Gust, on his journey for revenge, acquires his invaluable comrades. You’ll be able to relive the grand world of Berserk. Additionally, intense scenes reproduced via the anime movie and 3D models are included, and interactions between the members of the Band of the Hawk not included in the movie are being incorporated. This extensive story is being developed using an immense volume of graphics.

Various Characters

In addition to the story’s protagonist Guts, popular characters from the original work will also appear. These characters, who posses a variety of special skills, will showcase a number of unique actions in battle. Additionally, the major characters will feature the same voice actors as from the anime movie and July 2016-due television anime.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Oh dang its the Trolls. How explicit are they gonna get with this game again?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's CERO D so you might get a nipple but no onscreen rape

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I can't wait to chop all of those limbs off.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish Koei wouldn't ignore PCs so often.
I don't even mind their semi-lovely ports as long as I get to play some more Warriors.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The game is coming out on Steam in the West.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The game is coming out on Steam in the West.

Oh wow, you're right. That's neat.

Now if only they also released SW4:E on PC, I'd be ecstatic.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
I'm getting solid Fist of the North Star Musou vibes from that trailer, which for me isn't a bad thing as I loved them. Now to wait what, nine months before the English release? AoT was about eight to nine after Japanese release right?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Do not pursue Nosferatu Zodd.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Looking pretty cool. Only a couple seconds of actual gameplay, but it looks good. The graphic style looks more dark souls than dynasty warriors, which is fitting for Berserk. Hope they break away from the traditional musou formula quite a bit. (Obviously its still going to play more or less the same, but still)

Woebin posted:

Do not pursue Nosferatu Zodd.

Do not pursue Nosferatu Zodd / Wyald / Grunbeld / Skull Knight / Guts / Femto / You know what just don't pursue anybody this place is hosed, run away.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Zaphod42 posted:

Hope they break away from the traditional musou formula quite a bit. (Obviously its still going to play more or less the same, but still)

Why would you want this after Dragon Quest Heroes?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because DQH was good and fun

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Citation needed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
DQ heroes was better than Samurai Warriors 4-II and legends of asserland at least

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tae posted:

DQ heroes was better than Samurai Warriors 4-II and legends of asserland at least

No it wasn't.
IMO the best Warriors game (that's available on PC at least) is between SW 4-II and DW8:E.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

As much as I dislike DQ's style and heavy leaning on nostalgia DQH is second only to Hyrule Warriors Legends to me and I can't wait for the sequel. The more things to juggle on the battlefield the better.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The insanely long and tedious menu navigation in DQH sucked rear end and I hated charging up my crystals or w/e. I don't care that it's like that in DQ, it slows poo poo down considerably.

I also didn't really like the tower defense gimmick.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My hope is that Berserk will follow in HW's footsteps and add enough stuff to make it feel unique while still staying close to what makes musou games great.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The only really divergent games they do are for other video game IPs. I expect something along the lines of Ken's Rage or Pirate Warriors.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I also didn't really like the tower defense gimmick.

Yeah, this was my biggest beef with DQH. The basic mook-killing gameplay was fun, but I'm not a fan of tower defense games and it got old well before the end of the main story.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I absolutely loved DQH as a whole. Agreed that the defense stuff wasn't implemented all that well, but most of the time the novelty of having and managing your monster army was fun enough that I didn't mind. There was a pretty crazy variety in playstyles that they achieved with the smaller cast that's pretty great for a musou as well.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It also had very little content so they had to add in a new game+ rather than a true post game. Exceptionally same-y missions compounds this issue. I had fun with it till i got to the end of the story and when presented with play it again or do nightmare level quests i felt like I got 1/4th the experience i had gotten out of HW or DW8.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jack Trades posted:

No it wasn't.
IMO the best Warriors game (that's available on PC at least) is between SW 4-II and DW8:E.

You didn't care for Pirate Warriors? I thought it controlled smooth like butter.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
"It doesn't have a true post game" is probably the least damning criticism you could toss around in a Warriors thread.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Uh, if you're playing Warriors to experience the exact same story again with 3 new characters and then you put it down forever that's not a great investment. I pretty much play them exclusively for the power leveling and extra mode(s). Getting 5/6 star weapons for all the characters is my jam.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think most people play it that way. Warrior story modes are super long, especially lately with 8, Hyrule Warriors, and DQH.

I might play like maybe a couple more hours after beating all of 8, but gently caress anything after that. That's like 20 hours right there.

That's part of the reason why 4-2 I didn't like, because a majority of the story missions took place in the exact same map with barely any change in objective even.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
If HW didn't have Adventure mode i would have deemed it a bad game. Because it does have Adventure mode it's really high up on my list of good warriors games.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Tae posted:

I think most people play it that way. Warrior story modes are super long, especially lately with 8, Hyrule Warriors, and DQH.

I might play like maybe a couple more hours after beating all of 8, but gently caress anything after that. That's like 20 hours right there.

That's part of the reason why 4-2 I didn't like, because a majority of the story missions took place in the exact same map with barely any change in objective even.

I only ever do the stories because most of the time the extra modes are really loving boring with barely any incentives. Both DW8s Ambition modes were super bad with this because it didn't even try to pretend the entire thing wasn't basically a meaningless timesink grindfest. XL was even worse because it locked the better ambition mode behind the original, so I had to force my way through that to give the new one one a shot, and by the time I was done I just wasn't feeling the game anymore. HW and PW3 are the only ones I feel have got it right lately.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 24, 2016

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The problem with the DW8 Ambition modes is that I knew Empires wasn't too far away and it'd be the same thing but a lot better.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The best warriors is Pirate Warriors 3.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

EGSunBro posted:

I'm on board with this, I'm having a blast with it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The best Empires game is Samurai Warriors 3's.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

EGSunBro posted:

About PW3, there's any point in completing nightmare mode? It's really grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Angry Lobster posted:

About PW3, there's any point in completing nightmare mode? It's really grindy.

As far as I know it's only there for achievements. I've got like 300 hours in PW3 and I've done maybe 3 Nightmare Mode missions.