Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It takes an insane amount of hubris to say, "The thing I made for a Gamebryo-engine Betheada game is perfect and has no issues."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Mega64 posted:

It takes an insane amount of hubris to say, "The thing I made for a Gamebryo-engine Betheada game is perfect and has no issues."

So this is the first time you've heard of Arthmoor, then huh?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Arthmoor is a total psycho

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Meowywitch posted:

Arthmoor is a total psycho

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Arthmoor fascinates me cause the guy has no interest in heeding any form of feedback on the things he makes, yet puts in the effort for a decade and a half to police the comments and makes sure that no one else reuploads his older stuff or a competing mod on any website anywhere (and even going after console mods). Like no poo poo your mod isn't working with the latest update of the game, the game updated! Your patch is to work around the game, Bethesda isn't going to update their game based around your patch.

This guy really wants to release this one thing first and then try to ride it out to... fame? Fortune? What is his goal to have such a death grip over a modification for a game that came out in 2015 and another that came out in 2011? You can't want to be the only person who has control over something so vital and yet want have zero desire to actually work on it. Just let go man, you clearly don't want to hear about any problems it has and you've become such a notorious rear end in a top hat that literally a group of people got together to work on a game that wasn't even released yet for the sole purpose of making sure you don't go "first". And fortune? Your patreon is 110 bucks dawg, I make more than that working a single day.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

IIRC Arthmoor scrapes a living between his patreon and nexus donation points. That's why despite his hissy fit when nexus announced their collections feature he only took down his lower-performing mods.

Clearly it's not the whole story, though. Guy is just a throroughly unpleasant person, when TES VI releases in 2040 we can only hope whatever team handles the unofficial patch doesn't have Arthmoor or a similar personality on it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How has he managed to stop the creation of an unofficial unofficial patch?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

The Lone Badger posted:

Report abuse and complicit staff, probably

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The Lone Badger posted:

He's fully prepared to take his ball and go home and the unofficial patches are consistently the most downloaded mods available for the games they're made for so if they wanna keep that traffic they need to pay some lip service to his insanity

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

There's a reason nexus staff made a coalition of modders to develop a theoretical Starfield community patch before the game even released, it's so they could get to it before he had a chance to force his way

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Lone Badger posted:

He's buddy buddy with the moderators on nexus mods and they'll take down competing mods for "stealing his idea" iirc.
That's what happened with the oblivion-gate remover mods during gategate too.

People made mods for arthmoor's mod to remove his stupid oblivion gate additions and somehow or other he got them removed from the nexus for violating his precious modder IP.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Robert Moses of modding.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SpudCat posted:

IIRC Arthmoor scrapes a living between his patreon and nexus donation points.

rip his furry tes clone

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SpudCat posted:

IIRC Arthmoor scrapes a living between his patreon and nexus donation points. That's why despite his hissy fit when nexus announced their collections feature he only took down his lower-performing mods.

And welfare, a thing he is personally against because he's super right wing!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

He's buddy buddy with the moderators on nexus mods and they'll take down competing mods for "stealing his idea" iirc.
That's what happened with the oblivion-gate remover mods during gategate too.

People made mods for arthmoor's mod to remove his stupid oblivion gate additions and somehow or other he got them removed from the nexus for violating his precious modder IP.

Honestly, I think he's lost those connections since he pitched his fit against the Nexus specifically.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
oo I have 2100 nexus funbucks (2.1 USD). I'm coming for you, Arthmoor.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Reddit, but i liked these posts

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
"he just found a way to not get paid for it" is deep in :iceburn: territory, drat

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

sebmojo posted:

Reddit, but i liked these posts

:drat:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Finally, you can have Shadow the Hedgehog as your pet cat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Midnight Voyager posted:

And welfare, a thing he is personally against because he's super right wing!

Honestly, I think he's lost those connections since he pitched his fit against the Nexus specifically.

Yeah It was ridiculous and if he lost them I'm glad he did. Making a mod that requires someone else's mod as a dependency just to tweak one thing that (many) people didn't like isn't even theft, the full credit is implied in the fact that it doesn't work without the other thing. If you forked it that would be something else but IIRC it wasn't a fork

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

IIRC the gate removal mod was done in a really bad way and basically contained enough of Arthmoors content that he could credibly claimed they ripped his stuff off, I think it was basically his full mod with the gates taken out, rather than a patch that just turned them off. This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing that the person who made it didn't know what they were doing and just wanted the Gates gone, and the non-rear end in a top hat response to that would've been to help them make a patch file, but this is Arthmoor.

Arthmoor, of course, rode this hard for years to deflect any criticism or patches for his mods. He probably would've been shown the door a few years earlier if he hadn't been technically correct on that one occasion.

I still use quite a few of his mods, because mods are are not rear end in a top hat prayer wheels, me using Live Another Life does not give Arthmoor power.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Agents are GO! posted:

IIRC the gate removal mod was done in a really bad way and basically contained enough of Arthmoors content that he could credibly claimed they ripped his stuff off, I think it was basically his full mod with the gates taken out, rather than a patch that just turned them off. This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing that the person who made it didn't know what they were doing and just wanted the Gates gone, and the non-rear end in a top hat response to that would've been to help them make a patch file, but this is Arthmoor.

Arthmoor, of course, rode this hard for years to deflect any criticism or patches for his mods. He probably would've been shown the door a few years earlier if he hadn't been technically correct on that one occasion.

I still use quite a few of his mods, because mods are are not rear end in a top hat prayer wheels, me using Live Another Life does not give Arthmoor power.

There were multiple mods, iirc. Some were as you described, others were small patches. All had the same reaction.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Was Arthmoor also the guy who purposefully coded in mod conflicts into some of his mods to break the game if used with mods by people he didn't like or was that some other asshat?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Jawnycat posted:

Was Arthmoor also the guy who purposefully coded in mod conflicts into some of his mods to break the game if used with mods by people he didn't like or was that some other asshat?

Possibly but you are also thinking of several Minecraft modders as well.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah self and cross mod sabotage has happened in multiple modding communities at this point.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

There has been instances of malicious malware targeting specific people.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

For the last time, quick clicking the shady ads, you're not going to win that iPad.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

surely this 'download here' isn't a virus-
damnit

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/1cscjgj/fo4_unofficial_fallout_4_patch_ufo4p_mod/

Guess who's pitching another fit! Arthmoor!

Apparently people posted issues with the patch and the new stupid Fallout 4 update. He very much does not want to hear it and says his patch is perfect and there are no problems with it.

never updated the game. Eat poo poo arthmoor!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Agents are GO! posted:

For the last time, quick clicking the shady ads, you're not going to win that iPad.

Look, that monkey isn't gonna punch itself.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwx2AW9A0Xc

this video has me hosed up

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

FishMcCool posted:

Look, that monkey isn't gonna punch itself.

Oof! That’s a deep, DEEP, cut my friend.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

The frick...is that a total conversion of Fallout New Vegas to Morrowind as seen by an argonian? Why? The hell??

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Agents are GO! posted:

bitch i can definitely outdrink george bush

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mr.Misfit posted:

The frick...is that a total conversion of Fallout New Vegas to Morrowind as seen by an argonian? Why? The hell??

I strongly believe it is the opposite: Fallout New Vegas assets ported into Morrowind.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://x.com/DanielWienerson/status/1790832734526652831

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

For the last time, quick, clicking the shady ads, you're not going to win that iPad.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
*Crying into a pillow* I can last more than 30 seconds. I can!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Surprised it took this long to get a Barnacle Jim mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mr.Misfit posted:

Fallout NereVarine.