Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Close, it's the console only version.

No, it's the lovely mobile version. WoT Console is just called WoT Console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I've been trying to chaos up a leviathan dread I bought for my Emperor's Children army. First time working with greenstuff too. Should I leave the banner, or ditch it? If I leave it in might try to magnetized it so I don't snap it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FrpuPLYnvY

yeah that banner looks sweet. keep it.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I am generally anti back banner, but I'm 50-50 on that one, which probably means it's pretty good.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oh hey, that's a decent reason to take possessed actually for my death guard list.

So, Possessed have the Daemon and Nurgle keywords, meaning my Herald of Nurgle gives them +1S. Also my herald can give them Virulent Blessing for +1 to wound rolls, so they're wounding T5 and under on 2+. Since they're still death guard, I can use my death guard powers and stratagems on them too. I can cast Putrescent Vitality on them, stacking buffs to make them S7 T5 with +1 to wound, wound rolls of 7 do 2 damage. Shove a bunch of them into a rhino and they seem like they can gently caress poo poo up, or just have them run since they're move 7 and 2 wounds now with 3+/5+.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 24, 2017

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Been super busy since Nova with hurricanes and work and everything, but here's my image dump! Most of my shots are garbage, I'll need to learn how to take good game photos. The best of the bunch:

I took my Deathwatch, here's a bad photo of them on their display board:

I'll take better lightbox photos later.

One game I played against a Kytan demon engine, a Greater Brass Scorpion, and Anngath the Unbound. I almost killed Anngath, but I could not roll to wound him more than once with a total of around 30 power fist sized attacks. Some shots from that game:

Best action shot of the con, ended up winning 50 bucks in a photo contest with this!

WOM

WOM's first game was against OhGodNo's Beastmen:

WOM's super drunk Friday Afternoon:

Sex Cannon
Bad photo of him destroying some Salamanders enough to make them switch sides:

I think this is from him and Greggles's game against the tau and chaos?:

SRM
A fun game against some Tau:

Versus that cool dude from Jersey whos name I forgot:

Figuring out how to beat Katie's Ynnari:

Shortly before purged by some Iron Warriors:

Team Ultra!

SRM and Sex Cannon versus slow playin' Nids and Chaos:

Random shots:

Cool stenciled Land Raiders:

Twenty Thousand Dollars:

A Gargantuan Squiggoth, never seen one in person before:

The manta the dudes were talking about on the podcast:

Quick and tidy Apoc:

In short, 40 kay dot jpeg:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So DG cultists seem pretty legit. They benefit from DG tactics, so they rapid fire at 18 inches and can move and shoot with heavy stubbers. Definitely going to grab 30 of those, not sure if I'm splitting them into 10 man units or if I'm putting them all together and burning the CP to stop them from running for a turn when they take heavy fire.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

So DG cultists seem pretty legit. They benefit from DG tactics, so they rapid fire at 18 inches and can move and shoot with heavy stubbers. Definitely going to grab 30 of those, not sure if I'm splitting them into 10 man units or if I'm putting them all together and burning the CP to stop them from running for a turn when they take heavy fire.

I'd say this answer hinges on whether Death Guard shares Chaos' "bring back an entire cultist unit from nothing" stratagem.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chutche2 posted:

You can also put them next to Poxwalkers so as they kill the Cultists to prevent their shooting, they just keep adding to the poxwalkers numbers.

The Bee posted:

I'd say this answer hinges on whether Death Guard shares Chaos' "bring back an entire cultist unit from nothing" stratagem.

They don't have it, they instead have a thing were Poxwalkers can get a zombie for every infantry that dies that is friend or enemy.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
What does the relic keyword mean for this edition? Also how does the Leviathan Dreadnought with Storm Cannon and Grav-Flux Bombard stack up in 8th?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Speckled Jim posted:

What does the relic keyword mean for this edition? Also how does the Leviathan Dreadnought with Storm Cannon and Grav-Flux Bombard stack up in 8th?

Means you can't have more relic units than not in any given battlefield role.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

In short, 40 kay dot jpeg:

Some awesome photos there mate, really good looking armies. Looks like fun!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I've been trying to chaos up a leviathan dread I bought for my Emperor's Children army. First time working with greenstuff too. Should I leave the banner, or ditch it? If I leave it in might try to magnetized it so I don't snap it off

Put me down as another vote in the pro-banner camp. It may be easier to replace the pole with brass rod and simply drill a slot for it into the dreadnought, rather than magnetising- it can be tricky to get something 100% vertical and not leaning with magnets. But if you're transporting it about you will definitely want to do one or the other

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm looking at the new Admech stuff and wondering...

So we know that if you fire overcharged plasma at an enemy with a -1 BS malus a roll of 2 becomes a 1 for the purpose of the weapon rule.

Is the opposite true?

AFAIK Admech have the first units with plasma that have access to a BS bonus, with the understanding that said bonus applies to triggering certain special abilities that happen on a 6+.

I know a 1 is always a miss regardless of modifiers but would the bonus override the plasma weapon exploding since, while still a miss, the actual result of the roll wasn't a 1?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I would say no, as your roll was a 2 after modifiers.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yes. Precedent is that the modifier can reduce a 2 to a 1 for an explosion, so the reverse must also be true - automatic miss but no explosion.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Glad you weathered the storm, also thanks for being a very patient drunk- forgetting a summary sheet really sucked but you were still cool about it and super fun to hang out with.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

panascope posted:

I am pro-flag on all warham models

If you put a flag on every model, and the flag itself is a model, that's a model with an infinite number of flags.

What have you done? :psyduck:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SRM
A fun game against Tau:

I'm practicing the only winning move against Tau in that shot

Good recap dude, thanks for posting all the pictures, and I'm glad you didn't get swept away by the hurricane.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

The flag stays. I can't wait to put this beefy boy on the table and pop my buddies vehicles like balloons. :getin: Also just picked up some horus heresy noise marines. Finally my army has some guns! :unsmith:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
How well do the Blood Warriors from Sigmar work as Khorne Berzerkers?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
The Death Guard codex is awesome. Love all the character options, new daemon engines, and the way daemons are regular choices in the codex. I bet we get some new beasts of nurgle models with the next Sigmar nurgle release.

The Dark Imperium nurgle bits mix fairly well with the putrid blightkings bits. I was able to get most of the way to a second squad (melee oriented) by mixing bits:

Kind of a dark photo, but you get the idea.

I have an extra set of Dark Imperium nurgle guys if anyone wants to do a trade. Just PM me. I'd take a Necron or Thousand Sons kit in exchange.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Looks like Guard is the next book out and Conscripts are getting fixed. Looks like they're getting the Admech treatment rather than the full Death Guard, which is fine with me as long as they actually fix things like normal Leman Russes and such.

quote:

We’ve seen rules for Space Marine Chapters, Traitor Legions, forge worlds, and now there are rules for 8 regiments of the Astra Militarum. Which regiments, you ask? Cadia and Catachan will, of course, be included, as well as new rules for Armageddon, Tallarn, Valhalla, Vostroya, Mordian and the Militarum Tempestus. Each one of these factions will be getting its own regimental doctrine, order, stratagem, relic, and warlord trait – the codex is absolutely brimming with content, aimed at letting you customise your army to suit your style of play.

Similarly, the codex is set to diversify Astra Militarum lists with tweaks to rules and points aimed at putting each unit on an even footing. Conscripts, for example, have been changed to better reflect their inferior discipline compared to professional soldiers. It’s not just about rules, either – the new codex contains loads of new background and art, including a look at some of the more unusual regiments of the 41st Millennium and advice on how you might want to convert them.

from here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/

Also some neat conversions

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

IG preorders next week:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/

Changes to Conscripts surprising absolutely no one. No mention of new models but conversion advice for unusual regiments (in a GW book!)

Also the rest of the DG stuff, which continues to look awesome, and a cool looking but probably excessively expensive board.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

This is probably a stupid question but would any of the Stormcast stuff make for good 40k conversions, maybe Custodes?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Knocked out the Malignant Plaguecaster as a break before returning to more troops:

Somewhat glad of this slow-drop release method, otherwise I might be overwhelmed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Soviet Commubot posted:

Looks like Guard is the next book out and Conscripts are getting fixed. Looks like they're getting the Admech treatment rather than the full Death Guard, which is fine with me as long as they actually fix things like normal Leman Russes and such.

from here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/

Those conversions are rad, just a shame for IG players that they have such carte blanche for conversions, yet will need literally dozens of those conversions to fit an army.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Soviet Commubot posted:

This is all fuckin' rad. Would like to see more close-ups of that terrain. I know it's just simple ruins stuff but diversifying out my collection is always nice. Dig the guard conversions.

goose willis posted:

This is probably a stupid question but would any of the Stormcast stuff make for good 40k conversions, maybe Custodes?

Probably, I've salvaged spare weapons and heads left over from my Stormcast, though why you'd convert up Custodes when a box of Custodes costs the same as a box of Stormcast dudes is Greek to me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goose willis posted:

I would say yes at least to a certain extent.
Not mine since I got from a guy that was leaving the hobby. Still haven't gotten around to paint them yet. :v:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

SteelMentor posted:

Probably, I've salvaged spare weapons and heads left over from my Stormcast, though why you'd convert up Custodes when a box of Custodes costs the same as a box of Stormcast dudes is Greek to me.

The Stormcast from the Sigmar starter box are pretty cheap on eBay

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Soviet Commubot posted:

The bastards got my new plastic guard hopes up for a moment there.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Do you guys think that the release of the new book would be a good time to sell my old steel legion dudes?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How do you guys maintain the motivation to keep painting?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Slow down purchases. I lose momentum if I have too much to paint in one go.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Really hoping the Valhallans get a special Commissar-based stratagem.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd tell you but I'm too busy neglecting my painting to build a rather involved custom power fist primaris captain.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I alternate back and forth between cool poo poo that I'm super excited about and boring things that I need to fill out my army. So I'll spend a week or two painting up a tactical squad, then the next week or two on dreads and tanks and characters.

Speaking of tanks, my sicaran omega showed up. For all the people salty about how my previous sicaran was a great cast and easy to put together, you should probably go buy more salt, since this one was too. (or buy a sicaran, since I guess they fixed the molds or whatever)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So big thanks to BULBASAUR, who took a break from being mad about templates to post his Dark Mechanicus priest in the 30k thread, which I blatantly copied as inspiration for my own Dark Mechanicus Chaos Hellwright. I primarily made this guy to do team games with the guy in our group who does AdMech, but now that there's a Chaos Hellwright entry in the FW Chaos Index, I can just use him on the reg.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Try doing a couple of hours each week really. Been doing a bunch of magnetization commissions for other people, wrapped up a Broadside suit yesterday and did a Hammerhead earlier this week. Now I'm just back to do 30-ish bases again before I can actually paint my own stuff again.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Background audio/video seems to do it. Can't seem to paint anything unless I have some youtube video's, netflix etc... on in the background. When I do I usually end up painting like a loving lunatic without realising it. 2000ish points of (Sigmar) Chaos dudes in a month thanks to random iphone droptest videos or random opinions about nation X trying nation Y's candy for the first time.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Arranging games can help too. If I know I'll be using a given unit on my next game, I normally make an effort to get it painted up in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Rules/Thought Experiment - One thing I've been hearing from my usual guys (and by extension, from people they were talking to) was how flimsy cover seems to be now.
One proposed house rule was suggested of 'Woods & Ruins provide cover exactly as written now, but also block LOS to models on the far side of them.'

Just wanted to kick this out to this wonderful collective, see if anyone has tried similar, or can spot any obvious huge pitfalls.