Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

There has to be more cars or more trains. It would be ludicrous otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, most of their coasters have very healthy capacity. They probably only showed this one train as a way to build hype for the ride.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Braksgirl posted:

There has to be more cars or more trains. It would be ludicrous otherwise.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Braksgirl posted:

Typically, people who don't have party tickets don't go to MK on party days because of no EMH and if they don't have park hoppers, they don't want to be locked into a park they can't get a whole day out of. So typically, day time attendance is lower on party days.

Looks like it will work out just fine for us then for an 830 Hoop De Doo. It's also our last day and I think Hoop De Doo is a great way to end our trip. Thanks for the tips!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Hoop Dee Doo is just a great way to ______

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hoop dee foo is best thing at Disney

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm leaving tommorow!

Arrival day I'll be headed to Disney Springs, supposedly within walking distance of my hotel, to pick up a magic band and eat. Any suggestions for food there? I was eyeing D-Luxe Burger but I'm open to anything that doesn't require a reservation. I eat burgers all the time, after all.

On the 1st it's MK, full day including the halloween party. Sort of worried that as a solo adult male traveller who isn't a big enough Disney fan to be interested in character meets, the party may be a waste of money. I'm hoping the short wait times will be worth it, plus maybe I can get away with enough candy to horde for real halloween to justify the ticket price.

Next up is either Epcot or AK, and the other thr next day. No fastpasses for these since FoP fastpass is a literal impossibility and Epcot is all about the world pavilions, so I'm not sure which order to do these in. The crowds at Epcot are a real consideration during labor day weekend with food and wine festival, but I'm not sure which of those two days will be worse.

Finally HS, then a final day at whichever park I have unfinished business at, home with a couple paid days off to spare and Destiny 2 to binge. Should be a good vacation.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Lots of really good dining in Springs and you can probably spring a walk in for a single person without reservations, or at the least sit at the restaurant bar and order. I'd look over the restaurants there and see what you really are most interested in, because I can't stress enough that the food in Springs is really drat good

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go to Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs, thank me later.

Get fastpasses for Epcot though, even if it's Spaceship Earth, Test Track or Soarin.

AK get fastpass for Everest Dinosaur and Safari.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm leaving tommorow!

Arrival day I'll be headed to Disney Springs, supposedly within walking distance of my hotel, to pick up a magic band and eat. Any suggestions for food there? I was eyeing D-Luxe Burger but I'm open to anything that doesn't require a reservation. I eat burgers all the time, after all.

On the 1st it's MK, full day including the halloween party. Sort of worried that as a solo adult male traveller who isn't a big enough Disney fan to be interested in character meets, the party may be a waste of money. I'm hoping the short wait times will be worth it, plus maybe I can get away with enough candy to horde for real halloween to justify the ticket price.

Next up is either Epcot or AK, and the other thr next day. No fastpasses for these since FoP fastpass is a literal impossibility and Epcot is all about the world pavilions, so I'm not sure which order to do these in. The crowds at Epcot are a real consideration during labor day weekend with food and wine festival, but I'm not sure which of those two days will be worse.

Finally HS, then a final day at whichever park I have unfinished business at, home with a couple paid days off to spare and Destiny 2 to binge. Should be a good vacation.

I still enjoy eating at Earl of Sandwich every time we go through Disney Springs. Cheap and good.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
D-Luxe Burger is one of the best burgers I've ever had, and Blaze is also a solid choice but I've had them outside of Disney.

Next week is the last week of the year for PhotoPass in the water parks for the year. I'm gonna miss shooting in the lazy river.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Cais posted:

D-Luxe Burger is one of the best burgers I've ever had, and Blaze is also a solid choice but I've had them outside of Disney.

Next week is the last week of the year for PhotoPass in the water parks for the year. I'm gonna miss shooting in the lazy river.

Yessss D-Luxe is so good. Love their shakes too. You gonna be around Typhoon Monday? We're heading there for the afternoon.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Yessss D-Luxe is so good. Love their shakes too. You gonna be around Typhoon Monday? We're heading there for the afternoon.

As a matter of fact I have my last Typhoon shift on Monday! Won't know where I'll be in the park until the computer decides my fate, but I should be opening one of the slides and closing the view station unless there's a million of us.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I seriously can't wait to take my burger loving goon booty to D-Luxe. It's shameful that I haven't been there yet. There are just too many good places to eat which is a admittedly a great problem to have.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of you guys going to Epcot today and can pick me up a pair of the Figment food and wine ears? :(

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm leaving tommorow!

Definitely just bounce around MK during the morning and don't try to kill yourself on riding everything if you've got party tix. I'd go explore/nap in the afternoon and get back to MK around 4-6. Splash is so good at night.

AK/EP - as one person you'll move around pretty fast. Bring an appetite.
HS should be split up into morning and evening with afternoon out of park. Make sure to catch Fantasmic or whatever fireworks shows. Hell make sure to catch all of them as they're sweet.

I honestly love taking the boats around the place and the monorail. It's so easy to change up plans if you're by yourself. You'll have fun.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

D Luxe is next level. Ask for every single sauce. They don't even care.

Happy food and wine day, goons.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'll always recommend Morimoto's if your in the Disney Springs area. Rock Shrimp Tempura..... so amazing.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Ended up at Earl of Sandwich because it was right next to me when I decided I wanted to eat. The Hawaiian BBQ sandwich is delicious. Also they have earl grey lemonade which owns owns owns

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I adore that earl grey lemonade.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

skipdogg posted:

I'll always recommend Morimoto's if your in the Disney Springs area. Rock Shrimp Tempura..... so amazing.

Every once in a while I remember how mind altering delicious the crispy branzino aka an entire sea bass with sweet and sour was and unnnnfffff

Tim Whatley posted:

D Luxe is next level. Ask for every single sauce. They don't even care.

I'll remember that when I go :D

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

I'll (again) be the voice of dissent against HHN, MNSSHP, is a much better event in every way. HHN is fun when it opens, but about an hour in, the majority of the crowd is hammered like it's NYE, the scareactors go over the top chasing people, and all the houses have 2+ hour wait times. MNSSHP is a much friendlier and fun event imo.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I get a free ticket to HHN with my AP and I feel like it's not worth going. It's SOOO busy. I don't mind the crowd but the lines for houses are insane and it socks when you just want to see everything you MUST buy a express pass.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trust me when I say that you can see everything or almost everything. The lines are long, yes, but if you're willing to wait in them you won't have to worry about not doing anything. Just arrive early and stay late, especially since the lines drop dramatically early and late in the night (peaking around 8:00-11:00).

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

chitoryu12 posted:

Trust me when I say that you can see everything or almost everything. The lines are long, yes, but if you're willing to wait in them you won't have to worry about not doing anything. Just arrive early and stay late, especially since the lines drop dramatically early and late in the night (peaking around 8:00-11:00).

You can, but for me visiting the parks as a AP holder isn't about spending 6-10 hours just standing in lines. They're open from like 9-12 on HHN nights if you're a passholder, get there early and get corralled into whatever holding zone you're near for a few hours while they kick everyone in two parks who don't have a HHN pass out. You could probably hit a few houses right away, but even then it's still light out and the houses are just gearing up so not everything is up and running yet, the actors haven't hit their groove either. Then the lines jump dramatically almost immediately to 2-3 hour wait times. I also get a free ticket with my UOAP, but every time I've gone I just end up thinking "this sucks, and everyone is hammered" While I work in a bar, and nothing really surprises me, the scareactors shouting vulgarities at every passer-by and literally chasing girls who were begging to be left alone with chainsaws or dulled blades sparking them has been very off-putting every time I've gone. MNSSHP is a much more "fun" event, and is way better organized. Just go to any local haunted house instead of dropping a couple hundred bucks if that's what you're really after. I love universal, I really do, I just think the mouse does holiday celebrations better.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't gone to Any if the Halloween parties but from the outside looking in, HHN and Howl o Scream seem infinitely more impressive because the parks actually change it up and put in effort and do houses where's Disney just flips a light switch changes some costumes and has a special parade.

To me Disneys parties (atleast from the Christmas one I went to) is just a excuse to sell a extra park ticket to the rides without having to do much else. HHN and HoS are actually unique and new things you get hence why they're so popular. If you aren't into scares or houses then yeah probably not worth it but if that's what you want then not sure if anyone would get any use out of a MNSSHP ticket.

Granted I'm biased and thought the Christmas party was the biggest let down ever (besides the flashing lights but whatever) but imho if you want to celebrate Christmas in central Florida you go to SeaWorld or Busch with Christmas Town.

When I was at Disney and had to sell party tickets people would ask "so what's at the party?" And the provided answer would be "trick or treating a special parade a special fireworks and meet and greets and party exclusive magic shots! ".

It was a hard sell, and Disney knows this that's why the commission is EXTREMELY high on them. Granted the parties seem worth it if you want the rides, and if I ever don't have a AP and visit Disney on vacation I'm not gunna spend a full day at MK and instead get a party ticket.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 2, 2017

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Well I just went to MNSSHP last night and I can tell you that when the parades are cancelled due to rain the concept of short ride lines goes right out the window. The party was nice until it started pouring, and suddenly rides had waits way higher than I saw during the day. Haunted Mansion had a line that started in a different land.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That sucks, but it definitely wasn't my experience last night.

We got to ride everything with no wait being over 20 minutes. Mine Cart, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Aladdin...Saw the parade and fireworks too.

Rain sucks, but the worst of it cleared up pretty quickly and we ended up having a great time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You both left out the most important details: how much candy did you eat and what new candy did they have? A friend's kid came home with 10lbs of candy in his bag :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Old Man Pants posted:

You can, but for me visiting the parks as a AP holder isn't about spending 6-10 hours just standing in lines. They're open from like 9-12 on HHN nights if you're a passholder, get there early and get corralled into whatever holding zone you're near for a few hours while they kick everyone in two parks who don't have a HHN pass out. You could probably hit a few houses right away, but even then it's still light out and the houses are just gearing up so not everything is up and running yet, the actors haven't hit their groove either. Then the lines jump dramatically almost immediately to 2-3 hour wait times. I also get a free ticket with my UOAP, but every time I've gone I just end up thinking "this sucks, and everyone is hammered" While I work in a bar, and nothing really surprises me, the scareactors shouting vulgarities at every passer-by and literally chasing girls who were begging to be left alone with chainsaws or dulled blades sparking them has been very off-putting every time I've gone. MNSSHP is a much more "fun" event, and is way better organized. Just go to any local haunted house instead of dropping a couple hundred bucks if that's what you're really after. I love universal, I really do, I just think the mouse does holiday celebrations better.

So commenting on a few things as an actual scareactor at HHN:

* If the actors have to take a few hours to hit their groove at any time except the beginning of the year, they're probably not very good.

* Actors are actually banned in many cases from chasing or harassing anyone who's seriously panicking (and often get disciplined for such), and HHN hasn't used any stunts or devices in the past 10 years that can spark except for a handful of "boomsticks". That's more Howl-O-Scream and Shallow Grave.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

That sucks, but it definitely wasn't my experience last night.

We got to ride everything with no wait being over 20 minutes. Mine Cart, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Aladdin...Saw the parade and fireworks too.

Rain sucks, but the worst of it cleared up pretty quickly and we ended up having a great time.

Things were fine when it wasn't raining. During the rain was more chaotic though.

Bottom Liner posted:

You both left out the most important details: how much candy did you eat and what new candy did they have? A friend's kid came home with 10lbs of candy in his bag :v:

I don't know about what is or isn't new, but I got my backpack filled with m+ms, snickers, lifesaver gummies, skittles etc. Basically all the best-selling Mars halloween stuff. I didn't eat any of it, though. I'm going to use it for actual halloween candy because that's how I justified the ticket price to myself.

I did have the pumpkin cheesecake dome, though. It was really, really good but also really, really tiny. Comically small. I got mine at Gaston's tavern and also decided to grab the ham and cheese pretzel and call it dinner. The dome was like half the size of the pretzel. I didn't get to try any of the other halloween deserts, but I heard the jack one was very good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Currently at Food & Wine and spotted one cool vest.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The safety pins make me irrationally angry. Get those sewn on damnit!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

Currently at Food & Wine and spotted one cool vest.

That's freaking lazy.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got my figment oven mitts so all is right I the world.

Leaving central Florida for a few months, especially since it seems like Irma has a good chance of buttfucking is like Charley did. Rip. Going to miss Epcot 35 and the retro wdw event :(. But now I have some free funds to do the Halloween party woooo.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Anyone know what the root vegetables are in the root vegetable chips at satuli?

The big white ones are gross but the purple ones own. Pretty much the opposite of what I expected.

E: Also I just noticed my phone thinks I'm roaming while I'm in Pandora. Cute if intentional but I doubt it is and I swear if I get a roaming charge on my bill...

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 3, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Either a type of beet or purple potato.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
http://twitter.com/cchard/status/904438586442960897

Cubs update: two weeks later they are still doing well but mom won't let the keepers or vets near them so still no idea of the gender.

A cast member I spoke with told me that both mom and cubs will be off exhibit until early next year. The cubs need to grow and be more independent before the keepers would be comfortable letting them free in the exhibit.

In the meantime dad will have the whole place to himself.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Funny, a cast member I spoke to earlier didn't mention mom not letting them close or not knowing their gender. Instead he said they weren't going to be out in the visible areas because they were small enough that they could drown in the watering holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah that's what I heard too. I guess my CM was more forthcoming.