Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Thanks! Got Nightbeat who is awesome, and Jhiaxus, who is the worst miscoloring tragedy since that blue guy died of colloidal silver poisoning. I saw him at QFC once. RIP, blue guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

therealjon_ posted:

I have the Vintage color one and am not sure if I'm going to keep him.

He's a GREAT looking Galvatron, but his transformation is pretty difficult and there are parts of him where the plastic feels slightly weak. Mine also has a little bubble on the plastic where the arm cannon would tab into his cannon mode so I can't actually put him into that mode at all. He also has gorilla arms if you are against such things ... even with them he can still hit some good poses. I feel like if he was close to $70 - $80 hr'd be pretty great but at slightly over $100 a little bit lacking.

Cool, thanks.

Yeah, I've pre-ordered a Columpo (along with Arcee and Chromia), and I'm not sure how much I want to keep him. Mania King is about the same price, but the issues you list above make me hesitate, and Hegemon is cool, but with a Hasbro Leader Megatron on the way, I don't think I want to pull the trigger on him.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This obviously means BBTS will finally stock Roadbuster and Skybyte and Crosscut's wave soon, I hope. Might order them all together if they're in stock since apparently HTS doesn't ship to my hellhole.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Wow, the Deluxe four-pack is already sold out (Jhiaxus, Windblade, Crosscut, Nightbeat). I managed to snag a Jetfire and Roadbuster (and Voyager Hound! Yay!) though, so I'm happy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

This obviously means BBTS will finally stock Roadbuster and Skybyte and Crosscut's wave soon, I hope. Might order them all together if they're in stock since apparently HTS doesn't ship to my hellhole.

Roadbuster has been sitting in my Pile Of Loot for the past couple of weeks.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Alrighty. What of the IDW series deals with the war on earth, chronologically? I see a shitload of miniseries like Megatron Origins and poo poo but I want to see IDW's take on the earth war because apparently poo poo gets right hosed up and winds up with Thundercracker living in a shack secretly making terrible attempts at terran scriptwriting with his dog, Jazz killed a guy, and like 20% of the human population was wiped out by the war.

I caught up to RID and MTMTE and it's made me want to go back and read prior entries in the IDWverse dealing with the earth conflict.

edit: this is a really great page
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rewind_%28G1%29#IDW_Generation_1_continuity

It has been a while since I've gone over the Earth stuff, and when I did it I skimmed most of it. But from what I can gleam online, the basic reading order for Earth stuff (skipping spotlights and some mini-series) is following:

Infiltration
Escalation
Devastation
Maximum Dinobots
All Hail Megatron
Last Stand of the Wreckers (not Earth, but very much worth reading)
Transformers (1-4)
Bumblebee (1-4, not spotlight)
Rest of Transformers (5-31)

I might be forgetting something, but I don't believe that it will impact much.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, the '86 movie cast are actually supposed to be Earth vehicles of the far flung future of 2005, not Cybertronian vehicles. It's not entirely unfair to lump them into the Cybertronian category, though, just given the aesthetics of the Cybertronian vehicles that came later, and the high likelihood that human tech in the G1 2005 would be based heavily on shared Autobot tech.

When the post movie cartoon went back to Earth, were there off-colour Kup and Hot Rods driving around? Because that'd be sweet. Also I like all the original Autobots keeping their old all-modes and consequently becoming just as old and busted looking as Soundwave The Obsolete Media Player.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Iced Cocoa posted:

It has been a while since I've gone over the Earth stuff, and when I did it I skimmed most of it. But from what I can gleam online, the basic reading order for Earth stuff (skipping spotlights and some mini-series) is following:

Infiltration
Escalation
Devastation
Maximum Dinobots
All Hail Megatron
Transformers (1-4)

You could skip all the Earth-based stuff after Maximum Dinobots and save yourself a lot of time, money, and heartache. I've never read TF comics as bad as the era of Spike murdering constructacons or whatever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You could skip all the Earth-based stuff after Maximum Dinobots and save yourself a lot of time, money, and heartache. I've never read TF comics as bad as the era of Spike murdering constructacons or whatever.
The ongoing was bland and meandered.

It has nothing on Heart of Darkness or Autocracy. And possibly Montrosity, I could only stomach two issues of that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Roadbuster has been sitting in my Pile Of Loot for the past couple of weeks.

I know, I just preordered too late.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

It has nothing on Heart of Darkness or Autocracy. And possibly Montrosity, I could only stomach two issues of that.

I enjoyed those but only because the art was so weird. Heart of Darkness because everyone looked like they were stung by a lot of bees, and the others because I like that Sienkiewicz-influenced nightmare look.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Spiderdrake posted:

As bad as the ongoing was, at least it had Chaos Theory.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

As bad as the ongoing was, at least it had Chaos Theory.
I think it is actually like 10-12 good issues out of 30. The big stinker is just that whole Korea bit absolutely nosedives the quality.

I like the first six part arc (I love that Menasor "we need a sword" "NO NOT THE SHIP"), I enjoyed the Thundercracker issues (I think thats like 7 and 8?), Heart like a Wheel is good, Chaos Theory is excellent and Police Action is good. So yeah 12 good issues. China/Korea sucked, Chaos itself sucked in the exact same way Dark Cybertron sucked but with a worse ending.

Although the revenge of the Decepticon issues were pretty weak, it did muster up some great scenes, like Prime blasting Soundwave in the face, Megatron getting hit with an orbital strike and that bit where Prime thinks Magnus is apologizing and he's actually like "no I meant to tell you earlier about the tracking device I put on him". I actually think Costa did a really good job with Magnus.

Oh and Brawn just giving Starscream the business was fantastic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Iced Cocoa posted:

Infiltration
Escalation
Devastation
Maximum Dinobots
All Hail Megatron
Transformers (1-4)

Thanks man!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
you might want to check Half Price books for All Hail Megatron, I found a few across multiple stores for like $15.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Knormal posted:

I'm interested in this, I like the design but I don't like Galvatron enough to pay full price and the original version is close enough. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell. I'm in :911:

To add to Blitzwing chat, the shoulder issue is a pretty bad design oversight, but there's multiple fixes available. Fifteen minutes of sanding fixes the shoulders, I wouldn't pass up the figure just because of that. I consider the gapiness in both vehicles and the big head and rubber nosecone bigger issues, but I still like the figure. It's very ambitious.

I'm still not 100% sure if I want to buy the newer one and sell the one I currently have, but I'll keep you in mind. My finances are looking a little rough this month with MP Wheeljack, the new wave of Generations, FP Mindwipe and Sludge, and maybe even that Onslaught add on thing. I thought last month was going to kill me, but all my preorders got pushed back.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
FP Sludge is pretty cool, but his hands on mine are a teensy bit too big to have his sword or gun fit properly with them closed (in the case of the gun, it slips out, no pegs like the MP cars, and in the case of the sword, the crossguard kind of makes his forearm want to split back open, as it does to get the robot hands out.)

Drepan is a neat little poseable guy, but his axe mode is pretty clunky, and there's a peg, for attaching to Columpio's wing or shoulder for storage, that gets in the way of the axe haft folding down properly in robot mode, so he's got a big ol' handle just jutting off at 90' from his back. I may have to amputate the peg, we'll see.

The joints are loose without being overly loose. Nothing really bad.

Otherwise, Columpio's is a pretty good MP Sludge.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

You know what, another rework of the Springer/Sandstorm mold would be totally cool by me.

These bots are just the raddest, even if the vehicle modes don't quite fit together right

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sockser posted:

These bots are just the raddest, even if the vehicle modes don't quite fit together right

ARE YOU JUST IGNORING MY POSTS?

They fit together FINE if you follow a specific order of operations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Mine still don't, even doing the wheel covers last. The windows just refuse to tab into the windshield.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Welp, there goes about $300 spent on plastic crack.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Springer works fine for me

Wreck Gar has never become a bike again, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Lockdown's robot mode as ugly in person as he is in pictures? And why does his not-gun face look like BM Primal?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Phy posted:

Is Lockdown's robot mode as ugly in person as he is in pictures? And why does his not-gun face look like BM Primal?

You can reconfigure his chest plates to make him look pretty good, but his arms are always gonna be a little iffy, and the legs are pretty much bland by any stretch of the imagination.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sockser posted:

Mine still don't, even doing the wheel covers last. The windows just refuse to tab into the windshield.

I'm gonna have to make a video or something.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There can be small variances in each copy of a toy, you know. Some people's individual copies sometimes are looser/tighter or peg together/don't peg at all. I seem to have extremely good luck in this regard, overall. Either that or I don't seem to have common TF fandom problem of having axe hands.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Preview for the next MTMTE is up:

Skids gently tries to reassure Rewind everything's okay and normal. Apart from Megatron the Autobot. And Nightbeat the undead guy. And Nautica, who isn't a guy. And the ship full of corpses they're on.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Blackheart posted:

There can be small variances in each copy of a toy, you know. Some people's individual copies sometimes are looser/tighter or peg together/don't peg at all. I seem to have extremely good luck in this regard, overall. Either that or I don't seem to have common TF fandom problem of having axe hands.

Yeah and speaking of Lockdown I'm having a heck of a time with the gap between his front end and doors in vehicle mode. It's a fantastic vehicle mode and the gap is just annoying. I've read that it's a common issue and people are saying to push down HARD and wait for a click, but I get no such thing. I wish they'd package the toys in vehicle mode so at least I could see if it's fitting together well and there's no paint screwups.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

The one shoulder on my Sandstorm is too weak to hold up the blaster so I can't have him dual wield his blaster and Springers :smith:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sockser posted:

The one shoulder on my Sandstorm is too weak to hold up the blaster so I can't have him dual wield his blaster and Springers :smith:

I have the exact opposite problem, Springer has weakish shoulders (seriously hasbro it works for deluxes but don't give your voyagers balljoint shoulders) and Sanstorm's shoulders are OK. Strangely nail polish didn't work as well here as it does on other figures.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Here's a question about HTS: I think I recall in the past stories from someone here where they placed an order, but then got an email later on saying the item wasn't actually in stock when they ordered it. They would get a refund, etc, but the item itself was not to be had. Am I just making this up entirely?

Anyway, I'm just asking about this because I put down an order for Roadbuster with HTS yesterday, and I have another pre-order at BBTS. I'd like to cancel the one at BBTS, but I am wary of shenanigans.

My apologies if I'm just accidentally making poo poo up and adding to anxiety.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

On mine, in robot mode, the chest pegs in super loose and flops out when you try posing him. You've kind of solved one issue in one mode, it doesn't solve the whole toy's issues.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

On mine, in robot mode, the chest pegs in super loose and flops out when you try posing him. You've kind of solved one issue in one mode, it doesn't solve the whole toy's issues.

Unlucky plastic tolerances. Not a problem on my Springer or my Sandstorm.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Unlucky plastic tolerances. Not a problem on my Springer or my Sandstorm.

That's....great. But hopefully you see what we're saying; your Springer works well, your fix works well with your Springer, but it's still a flawed design if it can't cope with inconsistencies in manufacturing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sorry for the outburst, yeah. I have a tendency towards the melodramatic.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Sorry for the outburst, yeah. I have a tendency towards the melodramatic.

A guy who dresses like the 6th Doctor, and not even the classy blue suit from his non-tv appearances, having hammy dramatic outbursts is not a surprise to me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A guy who dresses like the 6th Doctor, and not even the classy blue suit from his non-tv appearances, having hammy dramatic outbursts is not a surprise to me.

The blue suit is boring. What's the point? You might as well dress up like Captain Beige at that point.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Just read the preview for MTMTE #33. With every new issue the wait between them becomes more and more intolerable.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

The blue suit is boring. What's the point? You might as well dress up like Captain Beige at that point.

Is that also why Colin Baker stapled a fright wig onto his head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Is that also why Colin Baker stapled a fright wig onto his head?

It was also the mid-80's. That was the height of sexy back in those days. This thing with ladies obsessing over how cute the Doctor is isn't a new thing by any means. In the 60's they were all about grandpas. Tastes change.