Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Thanks for reminding me Navel Laser guy exists because I've genuinely forgotten he's in the class.

Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope this does not count as a complaint, but why does mineta have a giant steel diaper

is it a reference to some classic anime design or something

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tollymain posted:

i hope this does not count as a complaint, but why does mineta have a giant steel diaper

It's meant to look like a bowl, to go with how his head (hair?) looks like grapes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Yep

Bad Seafood posted:

Thank you for moving past Mineta.

Please do not revisit Mineta unless you have something to add beyond complaining about him or complaining about complaining about him.

Thank you.

Much like Loss.jpg, we will never fully move past it and heal.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

where exactly was the kid in the chest located i couldn't find him

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mineta's greatest contribution to the manga was the good joke about him being wicked creepy over girls seeing his room, and everyone just blowing by him.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Holy poo poo, I can't unsee it

His final exam performance was JoJo as hell too

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Green Intern posted:

Mineta's greatest contribution to the manga was the good joke about him being wicked creepy over girls seeing his room, and everyone just blowing by him.

Him being smug about his mediocre-to-decent grades was also great.

It's the little Mineta things.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What the gently caress is that body horror in the latest chapter.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dont be rude to potatoes

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

did we forgot watching deku for arcs breaking his fingers and arms like he has an opiate addiction or is this supposed to be new (and poo poo like teeth man and hand boy)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's called a naked girl.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

drjuggalo posted:

did we forgot watching deku for arcs breaking his fingers and arms like he has an opiate addiction or is this supposed to be new (and poo poo like teeth man and hand boy)

Well, Deku mangling himself was physical injuries, while Shigaraki and Moonfish are freaky, but it's just weird personal costumes and powers. Whatever this guy is doing is some Junji Ito stuff, inflicted on other people (and high-schoolers, at that). It's kind of different from Moonfish being a bondage tooth-monster or whatever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The tumor guy's nickname for me is now "I have no mouth and I must scream". I really hope that whatever horrific spell he's casting on them is reversible!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I highly doubt he would be allowed in a hero program if he was permanently crippling people

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I guess Shinketsu isnt as averse to creepy powers as other schools.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kidcoelacanth posted:

I highly doubt he would be allowed in a hero program if he was permanently crippling people

your avatar looks sweet what's it cropped from

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tollymain posted:

your avatar looks sweet what's it cropped from

http://taichichuwhat.tumblr.com/post/147009768996/looks-cute-but-can-kick-your-rear end

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ms. Joke's first lesson to Shapeshifter Girl and Tumor Boy was how to shout "It's a Prank! It's a Prank!"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Green Intern posted:

Ms. Joke's first lesson to Shapeshifter Girl and Tumor Boy was how to shout "It's a Prank! It's a Prank!"

Uh, wrong school. Ms. Joke teaches the other school, with the Earthquake Guy.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope the body horror guy got into his school and all the teachers were like "ok we dont want you to become a villain" and hes like "ok"

then he starts doing his thing and the schools like "ok so we dont want villain stuff but you can fix all this right" and hes like "yeah"

then he keeps doing it and school says "ok, but you can fix this" again he says "yeah"

then theres tons of body horrors everywhere and they're like "so when are you going to fix this" and he's like "later" and he never does

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
C'mon, of course it's reversible. You really think they're going to take Bakugou's best friend out of the story by having him turned into a flesh-lump offscreen during an exam?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, of course it's reversible. You really think they're going to take Bakugou's best friend out of the story by having him turned into a flesh-lump offscreen during an exam?

Maybe Bakugou can carry his new best potato friend with him for the rest of the story.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yeah, he just sits around crying for the rest of the comic, never again to return. :qq:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Tumor-forming dude's attacks look like fingers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think his deal has something to do with clay

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

His quirk name is "Ghost, Starring Patrick Swayze"

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is he hitting the targets?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So possible plot hole I noticed. Eraserhead can't turn off his power right? Then how is he watching the test without messing it up? Maybe his quirk has a range limit?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

So possible plot hole I noticed. Eraserhead can't turn off his power right? Then how is he watching the test without messing it up? Maybe his quirk has a range limit?

He has to actually activate his power for it to do anything.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

RatHat posted:

His power has a definite on/off switch. It's a lot easier to see in the anime, because his hair shifts away from his face when he turns it on--it's what Shigaraki is noting at USJ--he has to blink and switch off his power more and more frequently as the fight goes on.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Lord of Hats posted:

His power has a definite on/off switch. It's a lot easier to see in the anime, because his hair shifts away from his face when he turns it on--it's what Shigaraki is noting at USJ--he has to blink and switch off his power more and more frequently as the fight goes on.

i don't think he has to, but dry eye is a bitch and blinking turns it off

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

he can only turn his power on when his eyes are open. Alternatively his power works on the first thing he hits when he uses it and so if his eyes are closed it hits the lids and thus hilariously negates itself.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Eraserheads power actually describes how Eraserheads power works. Some powers are on/off, and some are permanent transformations. Eraserhead was not permanently transformed into a quirk negating boy. He has quirk negating eye beams. Just like Bakugou can not explode when he chooses to. Even when he is sweating.

Edit: Otherwise he would be a terrible teacher, since none of the kida would have been able to do any of their quirk stuff while he was watching over them.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 12, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Somewhere out there, there is a magical quirk negating boy, and he lives a terribly sad life as an ostracised person, avoided by all.

:smith:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

DrSunshine posted:

Somewhere out there, there is a magical quirk negating boy, and he lives a terribly sad life as an ostracised person, avoided by all.

:smith:

Thankfully first and foremost he negates his own quirk so others being around him are completely safe.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can I vote for Deku's Leg Braces?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Can I vote for Deku's Leg Braces?

That's one mental plan

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
107 is out on mangastream