Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Johnny Truant posted:

so is that a reference to the whisperers, or...?
I don't even know how that makes sense in combination with a helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It was a black ops secret government helicopter with whisper drives

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I don't even know how that makes sense in combination with a helicopter.

yeah but what thread are we in again? :shrug:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah but what thread are we in again? :shrug:
Okay, so maybe this is how that works out:
A military/scientific compound is doing creepy experiments to see if humans can live among zombies. They need "alphas" and "betas" like that debunked wolf pack theory. One group of "whisperers" (the name for the test subjects) breaks free of the compound's walls and becomes the next antagonists.

That's the only way I could see it connecting and yeah, it sounds pretty dumb, lol.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still thinking about Jadis' ikea apartment in the trash heap

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still thinking about Jadis' ikea apartment in the trash heap

Jadis gonna turn out to be Alpha from the Whisperers in some random, terribly told turn of events

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Johnny Truant posted:

Jadis gonna turn out to be Alpha from the Whisperers in some random, terribly told turn of events
I thought that all the way back when she was introduced because it made sense with their dumbass speaking style, her weirdass lieutenants and her horrible haircut.

Buuuuuut nahhhhh, they threw all that out the window and also cast someone else for the role:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2453260/the-walking-dead-revealed-whos-playing-the-whisperers-leader-alpha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JazzFlight posted:

By the way, I'm certainly not saying that all Asian male actors look alike, but was anyone distracted by "not-Glenn" seated next to Maggie while they were driving the cart? Why would they cast an Asian actor who has a goatee and similar haircut to Glenn and put him right next to Maggie in a scene? Just a little weird.

lmfao I Had the same thought, like they did that just to gently caress with people

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

moist turtleneck posted:

I flipped through the ep this morning

Are we supposed to know what A or B means

An A is Gabriel, literally the most useless human around, and the helicopter people are willing to trade top Ikea furnishings for him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They keep teasing us with the sweet release of Gabriel death, but I guarantee you by the Walking Dead inverse law of characters, he's going to be the last motherfucker alive out of the current cast.

Carol and Daryl have been on borrowed time and are due to either be ruined or killed any episode now.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Umm, due to be ruined? I think that happened a long time ago.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Rick literally asked a dude with one eye, to keep a eye on someone.
I bet that took up space on the gag reel.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gortarius posted:

Umm, due to be ruined? I think that happened a long time ago.

Eh they're still the best characters on the show though it's true that isn't saying a lot.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

precision posted:

Eh they're still the best characters on the show though it's true that isn't saying a lot.

wrong, the best character is Jerry. prove me wrong, i'll wait

:colbert:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Eugene

Also, the crazy hermit guy that the gang broke into his house. Then they stabbed him and threw him to the zombies

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
People still like Carol and Darryl? They’re right up there with Rick and Maggie. :confused:

Can’t wait for this show to go full clean slate.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh gently caress what about axel and ... T dog? T bone?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

moist turtleneck posted:

Eugene

Also, the crazy hermit guy that the gang broke into his house. Then they stabbed him and threw him to the zombies

When did this happen?

There's been so many times Rick and friends have fucker over some random guy who's just minding his business.

Remember in season 4 (I think?) after the prison blew up and there was that staff guy who got slowly surrounded by 10 zombies and died and Carl and Rick were like "Nah, we'd better not help him, you never know if he's a psycho or something". Now THAT was a scene I can get behind.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a gif of that

Everyone thought it was the nerd guy from Woodbury at first ... Melvin?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Remember that time Carl wanted to help that guy at a gas station, but Rick chased him off, saying they can't trust anybody?

That time Rick hosed himself over.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hermit_(TV_Series)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqJNMmR5mk

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lmao

i paused it on the zoom out of the house when they're surrounded and you should take a guess at how many zombies there are

it's 14 bahahaha

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Remember that time they blew up the cdc by playing arcade games and taking showers?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This is the first season of any TV show where I've fast forwarded through the boring parts.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Boinks posted:

This is the first season of any TV show where I've fast forwarded through the boring parts.
What did you do with your extra 45 minutes?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JazzFlight posted:

By the way, I'm certainly not saying that all Asian male actors look alike, but was anyone distracted by "not-Glenn" seated next to Maggie while they were driving the cart? Why would they cast an Asian actor who has a goatee and similar haircut to Glenn and put him right next to Maggie in a scene? Just a little weird.

It's there way of replacing Glenn by giving Maggie a new Asian gently caress boi.

Also they are saying, Maggie just really likes Asian dudes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm starting the new ep

I loving hate these happy time montages

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo this gas station is overgrown, finally a place that isn't mowed and manicured

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Khablam posted:

What did you do with your extra 45 minutes?

Watched Z Nation!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JazzFlight posted:

Okay, so maybe this is how that works out:
A military/scientific compound is doing creepy experiments to see if humans can live among zombies. They need "alphas" and "betas" like that debunked wolf pack theory. One group of "whisperers" (the name for the test subjects) breaks free of the compound's walls and becomes the next antagonists.

That's the only way I could see it connecting and yeah, it sounds pretty dumb, lol.

And that place whre humans and zombies can live together...is called Numerica! :allears:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm enjoying this season more than the last, at least it feels like something potentially new might happen. The Negan stuff dragged on for such a ridiculously long time without anything really happening.
There were just too many saviours, it was ridiculous.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

It was actually the best episode of the last couple of seasons if only because a few characters (ocean women) acted kind of rationally. I was so sure the people killing the Saviours would be some bullshit new enemy - like an old lady with a zombie on a stick - that when the "reveal" came it was pleasantly surprising.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It was a good surprise but... Were the ocean girls going to keep the ethanol?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I don't even really know what ethanol is because I've never had to write a script for a TV show where ethanol is the most valuable thing.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
episode was good

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
premise of conflict was reasonable

characters behavior made sense in-character

Plotting was not ruined by cutesy flashback fuckery

jadis's A/B thing - woman/man? they won't let her in unless she brings them a potential mother or a potential worker? it's not the whisperers I don't think? I'm actually going to be watching the next episode because I'm curious about where it's going, not just because I'm already 7 seasons in lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The A/B thing is probably "worthy person"/"zombie food"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

The A/B thing is probably "worthy person"/"zombie food"

can't be that because when gabriel told her no, she said "i thought you were a B" in a tone that wouldn't make sense for that

if B is "a man" it's "i thought you were a man" n she's being dismissive because she's disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

It was a good surprise but... Were the ocean girls going to keep the ethanol?
It makes sense (for TWD) - it's not like they could say "hey here's all this ethanol don't ask why we have it and where the dudes went".