Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Spudd posted:

Junkrat when?

I'd guess late october. No official date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

I keep clicking this but it doesn't show your HotsDogs

I already got e-stalked once and that was enough. This is the best you're gonna get.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That includes vs AI tho... 79% PvP would be so weird given what we know about matchmaking.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

You're right, about 100 of those games are vs AI, so that probably skews the numbers a bit.

Regardless, it's safe to say I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Tychus, and the dude saying he's the easiest/most braindead Right Click character to play is outright loving wrong.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

You're right, about 100 of those games are vs AI, so that probably skews the numbers a bit.

Regardless, it's safe to say I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Tychus, and the dude saying he's the easiest/most braindead Right Click character to play is outright loving wrong.

Safest does not mean easiest/most braindead. Those are two very different things. Tychus is one of my most played characters too, I wouldn't bother talking about him otherwise.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Eraflure posted:

Safest does not mean easiest/most braindead. Those are two very different things. Tychus is one of my most played characters too, I wouldn't bother talking about him otherwise.

But he's far from the safest either.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

tcjimbo posted:

Come join the Blizzard version of discord. https://blizzard.com/invite/kwvDfj7y

Leaving the launcher on, accidentally or for Blizzard's built in voice chat, bogs down my computer for some reason. Anybody else?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chromie is finally on sale next week. Auriel is also on sale.

EDIT: Also the game used to give you quests according to which heroes you played more - ie, if you only played Valla the only quests you'd get would be play assassin, play diablo, win 3, and play 8 - but since the OW quest was added it's possible that's been removed and you now draw all quests equally. I got my first support quest in ages despite playing zero supports in the last hundred+ games.

This would actually be a real nuisance as it would mean 130 less gold a day on average. Idk hard to conclude with this sample size I guess.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 6, 2017

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

No Wave posted:

EDIT: Also the game used to give you quests according to which heroes you played more - ie, if you only played Valla the only quests you'd get would be play assassin, play diablo, win 3, and play 8 - but since the OW quest was added it's possible that's been removed and you now draw all quests equally.

Also possible that that system still exists but it's been 'reset' for the addition of the new quest. If you keep not playing supports it might go back to not offering you support quests. It seems like a pretty good system so it would be a shame if they'd up and removed it entirely.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
I got probably my favorite HOTS moment of all time when as Azmodan by Orb of Destruction didn't quite finish off Baby D.Va...but the demon warrior that spawned from it hacked her to death while she got bodyblocked. It was beautiful.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

floofyscorp posted:

Also possible that that system still exists but it's been 'reset' for the addition of the new quest. If you keep not playing supports it might go back to not offering you support quests. It seems like a pretty good system so it would be a shame if they'd up and removed it entirely.

It's a bad system and they've discussed removing it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toshimo posted:

It gives me more gold - ergo, it is good.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Toshimo posted:

What's bad about it, out of interest? I feel like I'm being rewarded for doing the things I wanted to do anyway. When I was unfortunate enough to get a Starcraft quest it tended to sit and block a quest slot for ages until I could be bothered to finish it, which feels like a chore.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The idea of these quests in most games is to get people to leave their comfort zone.

Thing is it's pretty normal to main a role in mobas so that might be why they altered the quest pool to give quests that apply to you. But it only really applies to QM anyways so idk. Maybe they thought people got more excited to play when they got a quest that was relevant to them.

EDIT: Also brawl is fun (it's basically your average QM game). Li Ming seemed really good, just beware the pyroblast.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

EDIT: Also brawl is fun (it's basically your average QM game). Li Ming seemed really good, just beware the pyroblast.

Psh just disjoint it with your teleport.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

floofyscorp posted:

What's bad about it, out of interest? I feel like I'm being rewarded for doing the things I wanted to do anyway. When I was unfortunate enough to get a Starcraft quest it tended to sit and block a quest slot for ages until I could be bothered to finish it, which feels like a chore.

Human psychology dictated that people felt pressured to do the quests as they came, which is fine if they were random. But people would get "Do a StarCraft/Support", for example, and they would Morales for 3 games. And then the system would detect that they liked Morales, so it would give them more StarCraft/Support quests. So, they'd Morales up, to clear the queue. And the system would be all "Man you sure LOVE Morales. Here, have infinite StarCraft/Support quests". Which is ok, I guess, of you actually LOVE Morales, but if you just want to Murky all day, you sit with a queue full of incomplete quests nagging at you, and people REALLY hate that. Apparently, it never occurred to Blizzard this could cause a negative feedback loop. This is an actual thing they admitted, and listed as their reasoning behind removing the weighted quest system, btw. It's fact, not opinion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Human psychology dictated that people felt pressured to do the quests as they came, which is fine if they were random. But people would get "Do a StarCraft/Support", for example, and they would Morales for 3 games. And then the system would detect that they liked Morales, so it would give them more StarCraft/Support quests. So, they'd Morales up, to clear the queue. And the system would be all "Man you sure LOVE Morales. Here, have infinite StarCraft/Support quests". Which is ok, I guess, of you actually LOVE Morales, but if you just want to Murky all day, you sit with a queue full of incomplete quests nagging at you, and people REALLY hate that. Apparently, it never occurred to Blizzard this could cause a negative feedback loop. This is an actual thing they admitted, and listed as their reasoning behind removing the weighted quest system, btw. It's fact, not opinion.
Yeah it's fine if you know how it works and hack it using unranked draft, but that's a small percentage of the player base.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bamhand posted:

Psh just disjoint it with your teleport.

This but unironically. Nothing beats the heroin high of cancelling an ult with a basic ability :allears:

I wish they had a map editor with "use map settings" so we could set up training grounds. No cooldowns Li-Ming disjointing a barrage of spells for as long as possible would be amazing. I would also benefit greatly from a Cleanse training ground, so I can get gud at my reaction times.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Toshimo posted:

And the system would be all "Man you sure LOVE Morales.

Well that's the player's fault for not picking Tassadar in the first place. Blizzard did nothing wrong.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Ah, I see. I never had that negative feedback loop issue myself but I can see how it could be a problem for people. That's fair enough I guess, guess I'll just go back to ignoring quests for weeks at a time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ignoring 200 gold quests is actually optimal in terms of maximizing gold so you're good.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

This but unironically. Nothing beats the heroin high of cancelling an ult with a basic ability :allears:

I wish they had a map editor with "use map settings" so we could set up training grounds. No cooldowns Li-Ming disjointing a barrage of spells for as long as possible would be amazing. I would also benefit greatly from a Cleanse training ground, so I can get gud at my reaction times.

My two greatest plays in HotS are disjointing pyroblast with Li Ming teleport and disjointing octograb with Tracer recall. I've only been able to do either of those things once though.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7_x9Ft_Rc

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

:allbuttons:

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

the other day I saw the funniest thing in all of my HOTS career.

map: cursed hollow

tribute was up, there was a huge team fight — everybody gets wiped out except the enemy's Artanis and our Abathur. Artanis' healthbar was hanging by a thread and his shield was on CD. He went for the tribute.. Abathur goes ahead and mules the tribute (or a toxic nest, not sure), hats the mule and kills the Artanis. I didn't know that was actually possible, lol.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

tcjimbo posted:

Come join the Blizzard version of discord. https://blizzard.com/invite/kwvDfj7y

:yikes:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

My greatest play was pre li Ming hollows and 1v4 a team doing headless horseman

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Eraflure posted:

I'm sorry, "safest". You're still wrong. There are several "right click" characters who are significantly safer than Tychus (most notably Tassadar and Raynor due to their increased range and kit advantages). Tychus has way too many drawbacks to be considered "safe", not least of which being his attack range or the fact that they violently hosed his sustain into a near-useless state. He can still get up to some mischief if played properly, but he is by no means "safe". He's a very risky choice even in an optimal setting because Blizzard nerfed him so badly.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

No Wave posted:

Ignoring 200 gold quests is actually optimal in terms of maximizing gold so you're good.

Umm... why is this? Does it just not give you a 200 gold quest if you already have one?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yukari posted:

Umm... why is this? Does it just not give you a 200 gold quest if you already have one?
It doesnt give you the same 200 gold quest. I'm assuming they're random now otherwise.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

guess im never using this wannabe discord that is 3 years too late

Yukari posted:

you're more likely to get the "play 8 games" 800g or "win 3 games" 600g quests

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjVDxppY-eA

Man, they outdid themselves this year for the Halloween skins. The Brightwing, Murky, and Greymane ones are all awesome as heck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They're hilarious but so many of them are so low effort it's really funny. Like existing skins with a hat or a sheet thrown over them. Very lol.

The horse with the pumpkin sheet will be the number one craft of the event.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
The spooky horse mount with regular horse painted on the sides owns

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Holy gently caress that Greymane skin

edit: What the gently caress is that dance they gave Junkrat

I want the spotlight video for Junkrat :(

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If they put a $30-per-month get-all-the-mounts scheme, they'd be printing money.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Not from me, I've been riding the Money Pig my entire illustrious career

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If paper bag gazlowe, braids BW, and the other skins of that type are rares I have huge huge hope for events going forward.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Macaluso posted:

edit: What the gently caress is that dance they gave Junkrat

It looks like one of those videos where people make a cat dance by holding them up and moving their arms. Junkrat even has the disinterested head movements to match.

Edit: vvv I'm not surprised that the actual origin is even sillier.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Mierenneuker posted:

It looks like one of those videos where people make a cat dance by holding them up and moving their arms. Junkrat even has the disinterested head movements to match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X6b19ukfTA

e: 14 seconds in