Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Vintersorg posted:

poo poo iPhone photo but I got it mostly up and running (Detolfs+Dioder+Hot Toys(and Art Figures). Just need to solve the bottom shelf and poor Jeff Bridges/Flynn is all alone. :(

(( excuse the mess, still moving in and moving things around but I was stoked to get this near finalization ))

Sure, go ahead and take close up photos of everything EXCEPT the kickass OG Shredder statue you have rocking there, why not.

Lookin pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MrFlibble posted:

Sure, go ahead and take close up photos of everything EXCEPT the kickass OG Shredder statue you have rocking there, why not.

Lookin pretty good

Haha, oops. :3:

I bought that late in the TMNT run and missed out on all the other turtles. And now they go for prices im not willing to pay.

The Turtles comiquettes.

If that Shredder falls on someone it'll most likely gently caress em up really bad - those points are sharp as gently caress.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
FYI: There's a 20% off sale on MattyCollector for a handful of old con-exclusive items for the next 24 hours, including the SDCC containment suit Doomsday figure.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I can't believe they still have Molarrs even after they turned up at big lots for $10, or that they are trying to get $40 for it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody interested in buying these Dragon Question Items Gallery trinkets?

They're extremely cool but they just sit on my shelf and I have no idea why I bought them in the first place since I'm not a big DQ fan. These days each one goes for $10 to $15, depending on which ones show up on eBay.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

I can't believe they still have Molarrs even after they turned up at big lots for $10, or that they are trying to get $40 for it.

A combination of nobody buying it and making far, far too many.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Optimist Prime posted:

I don't know if anyone here has experience with Diamond Select, but I received my MS Carnage yesterday and it would be perfect if not for a big splotch of white paint on one of the eyes. Is there any way they'll offer a replacement part?
Oh poo poo, he's out? I have him on preorder through Entertainment Earth or BBTS or something.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Oh poo poo, he's out? I have him on preorder through Entertainment Earth or BBTS or something.

He's out and he's fantastic, aside from a couple of paint issues. The Kasady head is nice enough that I'm not too bothered by the problem with the classic-style head.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

He's out and he's fantastic, aside from a couple of paint issues. The Kasady head is nice enough that I'm not too bothered by the problem with the classic-style head.

You get him from a comic shop or Disney Store?

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

The Rage posted:

You get him from a comic shop or Disney Store?

Comic shop, but if Disney Stores are carrying them I guess I could grab a new one and return the original. There's really not much wrong with it, though.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I got one of the Batman figures from the recent Animated Series line and I can't get the head off to switch the cape. I read online someone talked about boiling it to loosen it up - are they literally talking about boiling the figure in water or is there more to that?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Perry Normal posted:

I got one of the Batman figures from the recent Animated Series line and I can't get the head off to switch the cape. I read online someone talked about boiling it to loosen it up - are they literally talking about boiling the figure in water or is there more to that?

Hold a blow dryer up to it for 30 seconds and gently pop the head off. Don't boil your toys.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I boiled my catwoman from that same line to loosen her joints up and it worked fine with no breakage. I mean as long as you're not letting your dolls simmer for half an hour I don't see what's wrong with it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody interested in any of these figures?

I'd like to send them all at once if possible, or at least a large chunk if there's interest. There's a good amount of stuff here. The HitMonkey Hawkeye goes for $50 NEW on Amazon right now, and the lovely ML Apocalypse goes for $75 NEW. Juggs is $80 new (?!?!), Wendigo is $71 new (what). Odin's Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch's parts, Mandroid is Black Widow and Cap's parts. Good poo poo.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
To add to that, I just found a new Legends Hulk at TRU (along with Daredevil and Spider-Man 2099) so you can add in the Avengers Hulk from the first Avengers movie (with the brown pants) along with the BAF pieces that come with all the aforementioned figures.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hold a blow dryer up to it for 30 seconds and gently pop the head off. Don't boil your toys.

Travis343 posted:

I boiled my catwoman from that same line to loosen her joints up and it worked fine with no breakage. I mean as long as you're not letting your dolls simmer for half an hour I don't see what's wrong with it.

Hmmm, good to know, thanks! I'll start with the hair dryer and if that doesn't work I'll look at boiling.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Heads up for anyone in Austin, the combination of the TRU at 35 and Parmer and the nearby Wal-Mart and Target appear to just have everything all of the sudden. Complete sets of new Avengers stuff, new Spidey Legends stuff, etc. Even the second wave of Transformers Combiner Wars stuff is out in large quantities.

It took all of my self control to not drop $200 on figures I only sort of want. Picked up a Batroc and a Spider-woman, but there were more left of both at Target.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

funtax posted:

Heads up for anyone in Austin, the combination of the TRU at 35 and Parmer and the nearby Wal-Mart and Target appear to just have everything all of the sudden. Complete sets of new Avengers stuff, new Spidey Legends stuff, etc. Even the second wave of Transformers Combiner Wars stuff is out in large quantities.

It took all of my self control to not drop $200 on figures I only sort of want. Picked up a Batroc and a Spider-woman, but there were more left of both at Target.

That'll last all of five minutes before the Wonko's guys come and buy everything out. Thanks for the heads up tho :)

This was mean and uncalled for, I was at their shop today, actually and they are really really cool guys. They dont' scalp, and they have tons of cool stuff and games now. I am mollified.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 4, 2015

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Stopped off at Walmart tonight and saw Spider-Woman and Bartoc. I am officially done with that wave.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I made a new trade thread in SA Mart since the previous one fell into the archives.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710957

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Xenomrph posted:

Mine shows up from Amazon tomorrow, I'm pretty stoked.

What symbiote variant?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q87Y5JG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That one. Maybe it's not from the same line, but I think it is, since it shows Spidey 2099 on the back of the box.

edit: I guess it's technically like Ultimate Spider-Woman and not a Symbiote? I'm not too up on the comics in the last several years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, not a symbiote or a variant. Just another figure in the series.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Anybody interested in any of these figures?

I'd like to send them all at once if possible, or at least a large chunk if there's interest. There's a good amount of stuff here. The HitMonkey Hawkeye goes for $50 NEW on Amazon right now, and the lovely ML Apocalypse goes for $75 NEW. Juggs is $80 new (?!?!), Wendigo is $71 new (what). Odin's Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch's parts, Mandroid is Black Widow and Cap's parts. Good poo poo.
I'm kinda temped by that Green Goblin. How is he? I've been kinda jonesing for a ML Green Goblin to face off against my Spidey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One of the best ML figures.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
HOLY poo poo!!!

Is perfect! :swoon:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I picked up Hawkguy yesterday at the woodlands mall disney store in Houston. They had a bunch. Kind of disappointed his loose arrows won't fit in the quiver. What's the point of them then? He doesn't seem to be able to draw one due to the design of the bow. Sunglass head came off immediately of course.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I picked up Hawkguy yesterday at the woodlands mall disney store in Houston. They had a bunch. Kind of disappointed his loose arrows won't fit in the quiver. What's the point of them then? He doesn't seem to be able to draw one due to the design of the bow. Sunglass head came off immediately of course.

The point? The point is boomerang arrow bro.

It comes back to you.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I had a dream last night I found Carnage at the Disney Store, I think I'm gonna be disappointed when I look today.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Rubiks Pubes posted:

You can put a bunch of the arrows sort of loosely into his left hand if you thread them in one at a time or you can put a single one in Lucky's mouth like in Hawkeye 21. He can't really pull off any decent combat poses. I just ditched all of his accessories to go for the more casual look. I was thinking of trying to remove his holster too, but I'm not sure how cleanly I can get it off.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Getting sucked into this world by virtue of having so much desk space to decorate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Clint learned how to be a contortionist while at the circus.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

EVGA Longoria posted:

Getting sucked into this world by virtue of having so much desk space to decorate.

oh god, Iron Fist's throat is all kinds of hosed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Taking Detolf's apart loving SUCKS.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Taking Detolf's apart loving SUCKS.

Yeah I am not looking forward to the day I have to dismantle mine. Kinda hoping to live where I'm at until I buy something, and then I'll die in that place and my dumb loving family/friends can dismantle 60 year old detolfs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Yeah I am not looking forward to the day I have to dismantle mine. Kinda hoping to live where I'm at until I buy something, and then I'll die in that place and my dumb loving family/friends can dismantle 60 year old detolfs

They actually come apart fairly easily, it's just the OH gently caress GLASS part that is bad. We're moving into a brand new apartment, single story, garage, super swanky. We're hoping to stay there for at least 3 years.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Remember those old Nickelodeon "Super Toy Run" contests from the '80s and '90s? It turns out they were even more amazing than they seemed.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

They actually come apart fairly easily, it's just the OH gently caress GLASS part that is bad. We're moving into a brand new apartment, single story, garage, super swanky. We're hoping to stay there for at least 3 years.

I only have one Detolf that I've moved at least four times over the years. I've never taken it apart and it's always the most stressful part of the move. I can only image how you handled all of yours.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

funtax posted:

Remember those old Nickelodeon "Super Toy Run" contests from the '80s and '90s? It turns out they were even more amazing than they seemed.

Literally my dream.

Still is. :unsmith:

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
What is the definitive "big chap" xenomorph figure? I want a new display piece now that my daughter isn't completely terrified by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

shymog posted:

What is the definitive "big chap" xenomorph figure? I want a new display piece now that my daughter isn't completely terrified by it.

NECA are coming out with an updated and articulated version of the original 18 incher from 1979 soon.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/03/new-photos-showcase-22-inch-big-chap-alien-by-neca-157012