Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hey, the main juggalo I know holds down a great as a waiter. Getting paid under the table. To stiff his child support payments. While not in jail for DWI. Truly a paragon of society we should in no way be oppressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its kind of tragic when you put it that way

itd make a good movie
It's super interesting. The obsessive pursuit of a terrible vision. I love it so much.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

rkajdi posted:

Hey, the main juggalo I know holds down a great as a waiter. Getting paid under the table. To stiff his child support payments. While not in jail for DWI. Truly a paragon of society we should in no way be oppressing.

i feel like this guy is a Known Bad Poster with really stupid ideas but i dont rember anything else aside from that, except this post makes me think it has something to do with being a huge elitist

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rkajdi posted:

we had one at the last job i worked where we were allowed to have electric cigarettes in the shop. he used to exploit that rule to vape hash oil because YOU CAN'T SMELL IT

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbmfioPiS0

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

boner confessor posted:

i feel like this guy is a Known Bad Poster with really stupid ideas but i dont rember anything else aside from that, except this post makes me think it has something to do with being a huge elitist

Much like your posting

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boner confessor posted:

Yup. Saying that assholes who steal from their children and also endangering people with the behavior should be punished is the most elitist behavior of all.

EDIT:

Volkerball posted:

we had one at the last job i worked where we were allowed to have electric cigarettes in the shop. he used to exploit that rule to vape hash oil because YOU CAN'T SMELL IT

Again, not surprising. I live in a town that is unfortunately stuffed with juggalos, and at least among the younger ones I see at the convenience store and gas station vaping seems to go hand in hand.

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 3, 2017

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i liked ep 1 and 2 when they came out but I was also the exact target audience so idk

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

exmarx posted:

the first three star wars prequels predicted the 2016 election

trump's stumps

show us the hands man we need to know a great leader is proportional

oh did you get them all burned off and have to wear an orange gimp suit?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're terrible, and so is Sith, but I have watched them many times because they're something very rare: a film in which a single director had full creative control of every aspect of the movie, from script to casting to literally changing the shape of physical models used for backgrounds with a paperclip (that's a true story), which also happens to be terrible. Lucas had complete control, unlimited time, unlimited money. Lots of movies turn out bad. They're cheap crap, license cash-ins, there are creative conflicts, they run out of money or time, their reach exceeds their grasp. None of that is true for the Star Wars prequels. Lucas could do, and did, whatever he wanted. You're seeing the exact film in his head on screen. That's rare on its own. The director's exact vision. But they're also awful. How many films manage to be both of those things at once? You could probably count it on two hands. That's an incredible combination.

what's the paperclip story

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's the paperclip story

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

jar jar unvieled

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

syscall girl posted:

trump's stumps

show us the hands man we need to know a great leader is proportional

oh did you get them all burned off and have to wear an orange gimp suit?

anakin is the white working class

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's super interesting. The obsessive pursuit of a terrible vision. I love it so much.

and with disney under control it'll never happen again

closest thing in recent times for a big movie as far as i know is fury road but that had regular movie limitations since george miller was constrained in some respects

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

exmarx posted:

anakin is the white working class

i never stick up for the white working man but

he killed a bunch of kids, is that the joke?

fat man named george defends his empire by saying hey these are kids movies don't take it seriously

another fat man named george was like hey we're gonna do a lot of rape fiction but at least we don't see kids as our target audience

also kids will get raped and also murdered

new flesh same as the old i guess

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

anakin and palpatine are merely a manifestation of cesaires boomerang effect of colonialism, both children of settler colonial orders who bring the structural brutality of the republics distant colonial oppression of the tusken and gungan people to bear on the comfortable classes of the centre

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kustomkarkommando posted:

anakin and palpatine are merely a manifestation of cesaires boomerang effect of colonialism, both children of settler colonial orders who bring the structural brutality of the republics distant colonial oppression of the tusken and gungan people to bear on the comfortable classes of the centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwCBBrhM-p0#t=2m28s

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
"mando"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Not wrong.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

it's actually the opposite of that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like to imagine his title-less book is also entirely full of blank pages.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Somebody please photoshop that on a picture of the San Francisco armory. TIA.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

KomradeX posted:

Confession time. I kind of enjoy SMG's posts even if I don't agree with than all the time.

But I draw a hard line in the sand when it comes to Star Wars

smg isn't the reason that forum is poo poo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i adore smg

also happy new year everyone

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I enjoy smg more for the reactions he sparks than for the words he types

although I like both

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/816360310852485121

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
a well-placed source told me trump will meet his end at the inauguration at the hands of the lowtax baby

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Avshalom posted:

a well-placed source told me trump will meet his end at the inauguration at the hands of the lowtax baby

https://twitter.com/SUPGVNetwork/status/816283238285135872

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

is this a dog whistle

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

exmarx posted:

is this a dog whistle

the times of israel piece it's cribbed from is

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
due to insufficient training i have now broken an underground conveyor belt and cost the mine tens of thousands of dollars

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
r. mute, what is this

Cease to Hope posted:

the times of israel piece it's cribbed from is

hmmmmmm

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

due to insufficient training i have now broken an underground conveyor belt and cost the mine tens of thousands of dollars

is this another double entendre post

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/SUPGVNetwork/status/816392146131517440

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/816224157738340352

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Avshalom posted:

how did you do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kustomkarkommando posted:

that's very difficult to argue with

except we don't know palpatine's back story*

he just sort of showed up as cheney analogue

*but we will

• Locked thread