Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

Ah yes, the "I'm gonna work my way up the PanFam ladder instead of just taking Grath's offer" retard.

Previously being in PanFam, despite leaving a ~valued ally~ on good terms is decidedly not looked well upon.

So I hear.

What was Grath's offer? Does anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

When did Pandemic Horde become an ally

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
When CCP turned high-sec against null-sec?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

When did Pandemic Horde become an ally

In a highsec war? Probably because of the TTT poo poo. We, phorde, and test are all co-owners of that poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eve is so loving stupid

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
For once, Gevlon was right.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Maneck posted:

This is poor advice.

Yeah, I think the reason KF wouldn't recruit me was because I spent 3months in snigwaffe back in '08

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yeah, I think the reason KF wouldn't recruit me was because I spent 3months in snigwaffe back in '08

They accepted me, I was in Snigwaffe around the same time you were I guess.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

lookslikerain posted:

They accepted me, I was in Snigwaffe around the same time you were I guess.

It was really lame, all they did with new recruits was assign them to gatecamps

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Wasn't my experience but I wasn't there long either. But I wasn't a newbie really. I feel much more of a newbie now actually trying to absorb 10 years of changes.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I only discovered this because i was going to write a new scam website, but then i read through the API rules while trying to find the rate limit or w/e and discovered it.

if i have the weakest pretense (ie code compliance) to find out their assets and have the weakest framework (ie code compliance) to create a reason for the other individual to give me all his stuff, it's not even a scam at that point, he's just not following the framework i've put out there. Code doesn't really """""scam"""" we just have billions of rules that everyone is bound to break. seems like a dumb undefined and unenforcable grey area ccp is just going to use to remove people they don't like

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Space bureaucracy at its finest.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Tried out the whole eve mobile game thing. It is not too bad...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

if i have the weakest pretense (ie code compliance) to find out their assets and have the weakest framework (ie code compliance) to create a reason for the other individual to give me all his stuff, it's not even a scam at that point, he's just not following the framework i've put out there. Code doesn't really """""scam"""" we just have billions of rules that everyone is bound to break. seems like a dumb undefined and unenforcable grey area ccp is just going to use to remove people they don't like

That is generally what dumb unenforceable grey areas are for. And also exactly what massive byzantine fake RP rules are for too.

Pot, kettle.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ragedx posted:

Tried out the whole eve mobile game thing. It is not too bad...

How many premium gems did you buy?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Today I saw someone warp in and use a Chimera to safely tractor wrecks from under the 1dq camp PL & friends are running :sun: I'd imagine with some bubbles the gang would've killed him. (As you can't cyno in the same system?)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Warmachine posted:

dumb unenforceable grey areas

i never said they were good, they're bad altogether, except mine is a pretense for doing something allowed in a video game and for CCP it's a pretense to get rid of any player they don't want.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

i never said they were good, they're bad altogether, except mine is a pretense for doing something allowed in a video game and for CCP it's a pretense to get rid of any player they don't want.

Ah. Hm, yes. The only good byzantine rules are my byzantine rules.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

what's that old saying, live by the sword...???

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

I mean, if a video game company wants to get rid of you—they will. Regardless of what’s in the rules. Your only real defense is to be someone like Brisc where people in the community will stand up in droves for you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Warmachine posted:

Ah. Hm, yes. The only good byzantine rules are my byzantine rules.

i specifically just said mine are bad the sentence you quoted

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean, if a video game company wants to get rid of you—they will. Regardless of what’s in the rules. Your only real defense is to be someone like Brisc where people in the community will stand up in droves for you.

video game companies want legitimacy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

video game companies want legitimacy

look man, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. just pack it in and find another game to terrorize idiots in. You'll never win a eula fight with a company because they're written with the implied statement of "If we want to get rid of you, we will". There's always a blanket rule in there somewhere where they can gently caress you up, and you cannot demand they allow you to play their game. The only way to get them to back down would to have a large portion of the community advocate for you, and lmao globby they would line up to piss on your corpse.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

orange juche posted:

look man, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. just pack it in and find another game to terrorize idiots in. You'll never win a eula fight with a company because they're written with the implied statement of "If we want to get rid of you, we will". There's always a blanket rule in there somewhere where they can gently caress you up, and you cannot demand they allow you to play their game. The only way to get them to back down would to have a large portion of the community advocate for you, and lmao globby they would line up to piss on your corpse.

this is what is known as the "airbud rule", which globby thinks doesn't apply to him because he's speshul.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

look man, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes

how is scamming a stupid game? CCP prides eve on being a game where 'anything' goes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

how is scamming a stupid game? CCP prides eve on being a game where 'anything' goes

He means the game wherein one toes the line and subsequently gets upset when the people running the game get fed up with whatever real or imagined bullshit is being inflicted.

Basically, get good, scrub. poo poo, I've done way worse than you and came out the other end smelling like roses.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ya i mean i'm not doing it any more, i just said i've done it many times and gotten unpunished without ever knowing this was a rule

so the rule is basically unenforced unless ccp doesn't like you

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

To be fair, that attitude pervaded *before* they were bought out by a company that makes games that look like they cater most to people with waifu body pillows.

Now they need to make their game look nice and respectable for their Business Daddy.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

tbh banning the biggest and scariest scammers whilst keeping it """"allowed"""" is the best design for eve, keeps the atmosphere of danger around but gets rid of the guys causing dozens of subs to quit

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I lost interest in scams after the whole bonus room thing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bonus room was great, outside of a couple of weirder interactions

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

bonus room was great, outside of a couple of weirder interactions

I was only in a couple of Erotica's, mostly a half dozen or so of FighterJetsGuitarSolo's, they were kinda fun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I was only in a couple of Erotica's, mostly a half dozen or so of FighterJetsGuitarSolo's, they were kinda fun.

fjgs still out there taking names pretty much weekly

it's just lowkey out of the public eye since half of eve thinks "bonus room bad"

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

fjgs still out there taking names pretty much weekly

it's just lowkey out of the public eye since half of eve thinks "bonus room bad"

Still feeling butt-hurt about Erotica1 getting banned?

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
I have not paid attention in a minute. What has changed in the world of eve?

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spam Musubi posted:

I have not paid attention in a minute. What has changed in the world of eve?

Hi Angelique

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Just boiling some ribs over here.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MrOzzy posted:

Still feeling butt-hurt about Erotica1 getting banned?

never was, i was more upset about all the innocent people getting banned

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

never was, i was more upset about all the innocent people getting banned

"Innocent" as someone whos scammed, ransomed and heisted i count myself in this but you have to be an entirely broke brain to think someone who does that sort of thing is innocent

Edit: which is why ccp keeps things vague for when behaviour gets taken too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

The Claptain posted:

Hi Angelique

Sup, so EVE got taken over by new developers? Yikes.