Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Greta complains about carbon dioxide yet she is a carbon-based life form. Checkmate libs :smuggo:

It's just the absolutely dumbest most middle school smartass contrarian oppositional defiant disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
If the cops had drowned as a result of trying to rescue the suicidal person, would the suicidal person have been charged for a crime?

God I would hate it to go from being suicidal to going to jail. That's not better!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
adding a few more cents to symbol chat, there's a roman(greek?) shield with the ying yang pattern centuries before the YY symbol appears in china.

also stars are shaped like stars because the human eye lens adds some diffraction to it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People hate Greta because they think the Deep State is using her as a puppet to serve their agenda. In their world teenagers have no agency and are only able to parrot whatever leftist gibberish their groomer teachers tell them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
please ignore all the young regressive we keep astroterfing and trying to prop up before dropping them because theyre all zero charisma and zero work ethic nepo babies.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

PhazonLink posted:

please ignore all the young regressive we keep astroterfing and trying to prop up before dropping them because theyre all zero charisma and zero work ethic nepo babies.

I was reminded of Gun Girl because the infamous Jaboukie tweet came up and felt comforted that I was probably the first to do so in years.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PhazonLink posted:

adding a few more cents to symbol chat, there's a roman(greek?) shield with the ying yang pattern centuries before the YY symbol appears in china.

That's just from the Age of Legends

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
One of my favorite bits of swastika trivia is that a U.S. Army infantry division from Oklahoma used it as their shoulder insignia because of its connection to local Native American tribes until 1939, when it was replaced with a Kiowa-designed Thunderbird. Then there's the city of Swastika, Ontario, who rejected changing their name for Office Space reasons: "Why should we change our name, it's Hitler who sucks!"

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then there's the city of Swastika, Ontario, who rejected changing their name for Office Space reasons: "Why should we change our name, it's Hitler who sucks!"

Still haven't! Of course, since the mine's long since played out and it's only got like 500 people in the town, nobody cares, anyway.

The mine got its name changed to Crescent Mine, though.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

BioEnchanted posted:

It's a fairly simple shape, it's 6 straight lines. It's an easy pattern to come up with without having seen it, just gently caress up drawing the cool S and you have a swastika. It's not surprising that it proliferated so much before it fell out of fashion.

It's like the spectrum of no - as you go from Europe to Asia they use the same sounds roughly for no/negative reactions and it's almost on a scale from west to east with west being a sound that starts with an "N" and the east having a variant on the "e" sound. - No (English), Non (French), Nein (German), Ei (finnish), Ie (Japanese) -a lot of languages use a word that either begins with n or has the i and e vowels somewhere in it, or both, Russian has "Niet", Polish has "nie" and they all fall under the English corruption of the sound "Nah". The e sound even gets used in English slang - how many times have you expressed a negative opinion with the hedged sound "eeeehh".

Obv a lot of languages don't do this Indonesian has "tidak", Arabic has "La", but it's interesting how many languages do.

The languages you named that do are indo-european, and the ones you named that don't are not.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hey it's the same person who thought trademarking expressions that have been used for decades lets you sue protestors who use them!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

One of my favorite bits of swastika trivia is that a U.S. Army infantry division from Oklahoma used it as their shoulder insignia because of its connection to local Native American tribes until 1939, when it was replaced with a Kiowa-designed Thunderbird. Then there's the city of Swastika, Ontario, who rejected changing their name for Office Space reasons: "Why should we change our name, it's Hitler who sucks!"

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

My ex's dad was a cop and he had a framed "valor award" where he just walked into a murder-suicide. That was it that was all he did. Just showed up after it happened lmao. Participation trophies!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tell him “thank you for your service” from me, oldpainless, here on the Something Awful Forums.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Tell him “thank you for your service” from me, oldpainless, here on the Something Awful Forums.

More like old "thank you for your service"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
when you understand real good how elections work

https://twitter.com/RVeradonir/status/1728498928650440859

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Or how morality works.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
its okay to kill people if there's not enough of them to stop you - a good person who is not a monster

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

its okay to kill people if there's not enough of them to stop you - a good person who is not a monster

It's an accurate description of American foreign policy.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

when you understand real good how elections work

https://twitter.com/RVeradonir/status/1728498928650440859

It's not actually possible to be more pro Israel than Biden

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Opening my excel sheet with demographic data and sorting by population number to find who it is ok to kill.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Nebrilos posted:

Doesn't matter. If they can "prove" anything bad about Gretta, like that she used a carbon the other day or owns an octopus plushy, it shows that all climate activists or all people who care about the climate in general are hypocritical/bad/wrong. Even if she lived in a "perfect" manner, it wouldn't be enough, since they can simply lie about her.

She literally travelled to the UN Climate Summit (where she delivered the "how dare you" line that immediately made her Boomer Enemy #1) by sailing boat, with electricity generated by solar panels to circumvent the 'Global Elites travelling to international conferences by jet to preach to us about greenhouse gases' line...and instead it was all "Greta's boat was made of fibreglass which needs oil to produce it. Checkmate greenailures :smuggo:"

She's one of those figures whose ideological enemies think and care about her far more than she does them, or even her supporters.

Go find any YouTube video of an old muscle car, a steam locomotive or a farm tractor firing up on a winter's day and making exhaust smoke and there's an 80% chance there'll be a comment along the lines of "Ooo, better make sure Greta doesn't see this [crying laughter emoji]".

As if Greta Thunberg gives the tiniest poo poo about some guy in Nebraska with a 40-year old John Deere. Her whole point is that it's governments and big business who are actually responsible for environmental damage and are the ones with the ability to do something about it. That's why she addressed the UN summit.

But the chuds really, really love having an enemy figure they can pretend is on their backs all the time and imagine her scowling face every time they set their a/c low or get out the gas-powered weed wacker.

BalloonFish has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Nov 26, 2023

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Quote is not edit.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Flesh Forge posted:

remember the sticker thing with her, she has the absolute worst haters.

I will continue to try to forget that.

:thanks:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

'Halo' spotted around the Moon across England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-67535849

There was a moon halo visible across most of the UK due to clear skies and freezing weather. It’s a pretty common thing during winter if you go out and look at the sky, which apparently lots of people have never done.

My facebook feed is full of idiots going “oh my god what is this? See what the chemtrails have done!”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There are people who don’t believe that the Moon is ever visible in daylight.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Platystemon posted:

There are people who don’t believe that the Moon is ever visible in daylight.

There are also apparently some people who think the sun and the moon are the same thing despite being visible at the same time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stoatbringer posted:

'Halo' spotted around the Moon across England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-67535849

There was a moon halo visible across most of the UK due to clear skies and freezing weather. It’s a pretty common thing during winter if you go out and look at the sky, which apparently lots of people have never done.

My facebook feed is full of idiots going “oh my god what is this? See what the chemtrails have done!”

Oh there's a name for that? I saw it but wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence with the clouds. I'd already experienced a line of clouds going right across the moon earlier.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

That's just from the Age of Legends

I appreciate that reference

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BalloonFish posted:

She literally travelled to the UN Climate Summit (where she delivered the "how dare you" line that immediately made her Boomer Enemy #1) by sailing boat, with electricity generated by solar panels to circumvent the 'Global Elites travelling to international conferences by jet to preach to us about greenhouse gases' line...and instead it was all "Greta's boat was made of fibreglass which needs oil to produce it. Checkmate greenailures :smuggo:"

She's one of those figures whose ideological enemies think and care about her far more than she does them, or even her supporters.

Go find any YouTube video of an old muscle car, a steam locomotive or a farm tractor firing up on a winter's day and making exhaust smoke and there's an 80% chance there'll be a comment along the lines of "Ooo, better make sure Greta doesn't see this [crying laughter emoji]".

As if Greta Thunberg gives the tiniest poo poo about some guy in Nebraska with a 40-year old John Deere. Her whole point is that it's governments and big business who are actually responsible for environmental damage and are the ones with the ability to do something about it. That's why she addressed the UN summit.

But the chuds really, really love having an enemy figure they can pretend is on their backs all the time and imagine her scowling face every time they set their a/c low or get out the gas-powered weed wacker.

Also how pathetic that they make the enemy on their backs be a little girl? This is their existential threat? Some foreign teenager? I guess they do this to find someone to feel superior to. Because they can convince themselves that for all her influence and fans THEY still have more "common sense" and aren't crying to the globalists like an entitled teenager.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If it wasn’t for her environmental activism, Greta actually would fit in nicely as she is

1: white

2: born rich

3: etc

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
The child has the temerity to scold her elders instead of paying them infinite respect? How dare she?!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't she in her 20s now

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Heath posted:

Isn't she in her 20s now
she can be in her 80s and she'll still be 16 to the one boomer on their deathbed at 160 somehow clinging to life

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

she can be in her 80s and she'll still be 16

Ah so she’s an anime

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1728687251515744395

Weetman, of course, was one of the most vocal people on the anti-Corbyn grift train.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Also how pathetic that they make the enemy on their backs be a little girl? This is their existential threat? Some foreign teenager? I guess they do this to find someone to feel superior to. Because they can convince themselves that for all her influence and fans THEY still have more "common sense" and aren't crying to the globalists like an entitled teenager.

That's why she has to be a deep state plant, otherwise it doesn't make sense to them. She's not just some little girl, she's backed by a shadowy canal of vested interests. Who they? Unknown, what do they want? Also unknown. But they hate America is all you need to know.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aramoro posted:

That's why she has to be a deep state plant, otherwise it doesn't make sense to them. She's not just some little girl, she's backed by a shadowy canal of vested interests. Who they? Unknown, what do they want? Also unknown. But they hate America is all you need to know.

Why does everybody from Hollywood to the HR department at work to my ungrateful kids all say the exact same things about how racism is bad and trans people deserve rights? There's no way everybody believes that stuff naturally, it has to be the work of pervasive indoctrination by some ominous all-powerful force threaded invisibly throughout our entire society!!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
People are getting really steamed about a fictional teenager’s genitals.

https://twitter.com/jakey38/status/1728734983437856913?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I am really intrigued by this person's periods and commas that follow other punctuations.