Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bharatrocity posted:

Downton no longer managing director of the ECB
He came in then they got whitewashed, lost to Sri Lanka, and then the WC right? Not a sparkling CV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Shmoses posted:

He came in then they got whitewashed, lost to Sri Lanka, and then the WC right? Not a sparkling CV

nah; he came in a year before that in October 2013 - he's had an Ashes whitewash; a T20 World Cup in which England lost to the Netherlands, a home test series lost against Sri Lanka - pretty much the only good part of that time was the last three tests against India and even then England weren't that good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Downton was a key figure in the character assassination of the beloved and honest Englishman KP.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bharatrocity posted:

Downton no longer managing director of the ECB

:getin:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Downton was the only Ally Moores had and with him gone if England dont win this series easily he'll get fired. Cook should be making GBS threads himself too. If he doesn't get scoring again they'll have Pieterson in his spot in days.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

One down one to go. Get rid of Peter "data" Moores too.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I can see Jason Gillespie being offered Moores' job sooner or later

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
All the reports seem to be saying that Whittaker's for the high jump (yay) but that there's lots of support for Moores.

Which only goes to prove how deep the rot goes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why are England playing England and losing to England?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

They've decided that England are going to bowl for 90 overs today and bat for 90 overs tomorrow, which means that you'll probably see England players bowl and bat on both days

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Vaughan is favourite for the new, rejigged role Downton has been fired from. Pietersons odds of returning to the England side have come down from 25-1 to 2-1. Its happening.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might as well just have a loving long net session.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

goatface posted:

Might as well just have a loving long net session.

that's what this is

its also the only game that I've ever seen that cricinfo aren't regularly updating - it looks like they're updating a few overs at a time

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Peterman is coming back! Hell yes motherfuckers.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Furthermore my IPL fantasy power player Rohit Sharma dominated. What a day.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Moreover one team got -8 points lmao.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Looks like Tendulkar is slowly morphing into Wasim Akram

Tendulkar is Pakistan confirmed?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I have no idea who this Graves guy is but I like him. He is laying down some epic owns on the ECB establishment.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
On the Mumbai Indians support staff page, Tendulkar's role is listed as "Icon." Sounds like a really difficult job tbh. http://www.mumbaiindians.com/team/team-2015/support-staff?scroll_to=966

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Ahah Trott got out in a 3 ball duck and Ballance for 17 batting for St Kitts

England is a cool country.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

-Spiffy- posted:

Ahah Trott got out in a 3 ball duck and Ballance for 17 batting for St Kitts

England is a cool country.

Does anyone know what the domestic teams are like? I want to play when I head over there for the year, and happy to enjoy a pitch nets session like that test match...

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

RideTheSpiral posted:

I have no idea who this Graves guy is but I like him. He is laying down some epic owns on the ECB establishment.
He was chairman of Yorkshire. Given they just won the Championship and are supplying nearly half the England squad, he certainly has plenty of mandate to lay down some owns.

I'm not 100% sure on his four-day Tests idea, it might work in England, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, but I don't know if the days are long enough in the subcontinent and the West Indies to have it without ridiculous amount of time lost to bad light.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 9, 2015

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Paul.Power posted:

He was chairman of Yorkshire. Given they just won the Championship and are supplying nearly half the England squad, he certainly has plenty of mandate to lay down some owns.

He also arrived in Yorkshire when they were in much the same state as England are now. His primary solution was to fire everyone and appoint competent people.

I'm very optimistic about him.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I don't know if cricket could survive a competent ECB tbh.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul.Power posted:

I'm not 100% sure on his four-day Tests idea, it might work in England, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, but I don't know if the days are long enough in the subcontinent and the West Indies to have it without ridiculous amount of time lost to bad light.

Is that confirmed as a genuine idea? I seem to recall it first appeared on April 1st.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

tarbrush posted:

All the reports seem to be saying that Whittaker's for the high jump (yay) but that there's lots of support for Moores.

Which only goes to prove how deep the rot goes.

well i guess the argument would be that sacking the incumbent coach means they would have to consider a complete re-jig of the side and game plan, and the inevitable period of losses that it brings. if they gave the current coach more support to achieve then they could turn things around faster. of course, they are already loving terrible so the fact they have a lot of support to keep moores shows how out of touch with reality they are

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
4 day tests are a shadow plan to move all test match cricket to countries that can afford high quality floodlighting at every stadium.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Apparently today Richie was admitted to a Hospice :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^For something specific?

So yesterday England spent 50-odd overs bowling at England. Are they going to do it again today, or will Cook just want some more gentle batting practice against the part-timers?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Don't forget to update your teams for tonights game.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Don't forget to update your teams for tonights game.

If the teams used players I knew I would be bothered.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Cricket app is now showing the under 19 games?

Does anyone know anyone that works with this app? Curious to see where they're pushing it.

Hoping this raises a bit more attention for the women's games as well, maybe they'll be properly televised in the future too through the cricket au site.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Halo14 posted:

Apparently today Richie was admitted to a Hospice :(

I just realised this says hospice and not hospital. That's not good.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

They streamed the last women's ashes series here in Aus if I recall correctly. I think I even watched some of it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

If the teams used players I knew I would be bothered.

MS Dhoni, KJ Abbott, R Ashwin, DJ Bravo, F du Plessis, MEK Hussey, RA Jadeja, BB McCullum, IK Pathan, SK Raina, MM Sharma, R Sharma, DR Smith, JP Duminy, NM Coulter-Nile, Q de Kock, Imran Tahir, Z Khan, AD Mathews, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, JA Morkel, GS Sandhu, Yuvraj Singh

A few of the obscure names in tonight's game.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

MS Dhoni, KJ Abbott, R Ashwin, DJ Bravo, F du Plessis, MEK Hussey, RA Jadeja, BB McCullum, IK Pathan, SK Raina, MM Sharma, R Sharma, DR Smith, JP Duminy, NM Coulter-Nile, Q de Kock, Imran Tahir, Z Khan, AD Mathews, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, JA Morkel, GS Sandhu, Yuvraj Singh

A few of the obscure names in tonight's game.

Shame I can only pick 4 o/s players and I have to pick an uncapped player I've never heard of.

e: although Bumrah did well for me the other night. 16 points, phwoar.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Shame I can only pick 4 o/s players and I have to pick an uncapped player I've never heard of.

e: although Bumrah did well for me the other night. 16 points, phwoar.

Have you considered applying for a job with the channel 9 commentary team?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lol who are some of the good up and coming young Indian players?

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

KL Rahul, Unmukt Chand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Vohra, Tare, Samson, Chand