Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
aint poo poo cute about ed sheeran dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

aint poo poo cute about ed sheeran dude

the cat bonking him is cute af tho

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is Ed Sheeran?

I just stole that from the gif thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is Ed Sheeran?

he's a singer whose head looks like an unshaven testicle

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is Ed Sheeran?

didn't he date tswift for a while? Once again proving that being famous+creative is a worthwhile combo

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
When does kugu return?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

didn't he date tswift for a while? Once again proving that being famous+creative is a worthwhile combo

ellie goulding

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

thanks deadtear not necessarily up on my celebrity facts

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

the balkanization of eve is pretty cool, a few years ago that maps didn't have such a variety of colours

I just realised what balkanization meant. I just assumed it meant Russian speakers taking over something :psyduck:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

hopefully the new sov changes promote the idea of some smaller dudes moving into a shittier constellation and making it their own, instead of massive rental empires being the norm

from a "making the map more interesting" point the new sov system seems to be doing well

You're not going to see that though. The maps aren't setup that way. The layout encourages large blues lists, since no one wants to do the things that make space their own when they have neuts flying through system.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

You're not going to see that though. The maps aren't setup that way. The layout encourages large blues lists, since no one wants to do the things that make space their own when they have neuts flying through system.

i assume that the changes to caps and whatnot will make places within jumprange of HS or LS much more valuable as opposed to deep-rear end places like PB, Omist, and Branch/Tenal

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

I just realised what balkanization meant. I just assumed it meant Russian speakers taking over something :psyduck:

:saddowns:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

just wait until eve goes f2p/pay2win and all the south american internet cafe kids show up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

just wait until eve goes f2p/pay2win and all the south american internet cafe kids show up

nobody normal would bother making money, the renter flood would make everyone able to b-r every few days

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's more about logistics. There's ways to go about it, all if them have their pros and cons. Moon goo density and distribution means you need to have a good throughput of freight. Even if you have enough dudes sourcing minerals locally.

Of course any change to make null less dependent on highsec is usually met with gnashing of teeth.

This is also ignoring the dichotomy of certain groups wanting to have gank targets for gud fites, but they also want changes that guarantee those targets won't exist.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

skill injectors already exist though

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

skill injectors already exist though

skill injectors just made it more convenient, but you could always buy a poo poo-ton of plex and then overpay for a dude on the character bazaar, then proceed to lose tonnes of faction bs/carriers/t3s

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

Force auxiliaries (aka fax machines) are the new class of remote rep carriers that are being introduced to replace existing triage carriers. Fax skills are the skills that were going to be needed to fly them, until players got mad and forced CCP to make the existing carrier skills apply to fax machines as well as the new dps carriers. CCP released the fax machine skillbooks onto the market to give players the opportunity to train the skill up before the ships were released, but now that they've changed their plans, they've stated that the skillbooks will be deleted in a future patch and that everyone who bought them will have their ISK cost reimbursed and any skillpoints invested into the fax skills will be reimbursed as free SP.

Oh man this is cool, I always thought that having Carriers serve two rolls at once was kind of weird, but having actual logi carriers will be a lot more fun :3:

though it will also make carriers significantly less useful

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Deadtear, does Zapawork still have that enormous goonbeard? How your life going post goon love story anyhow

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh man this is cool, I always thought that having Carriers serve two rolls at once was kind of weird, but having actual logi carriers will be a lot more fun :3:

though it will also make carriers significantly less useful

Plus, FAXes get to use drones while in triage :getin:

The flip side is that remote reps are basically useless outside of triage -- they've moved a ton of the bonuses previously on the hull (and about half of the RR modules' stats) into the triage module. The non-FAX carriers can fit them, but outside of triage, they're only barely better than large remote reps.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Landsknecht posted:

i assume that the changes to caps and whatnot will make places within jumprange of HS or LS much more valuable as opposed to deep-rear end places like PB, Omist, and Branch/Tenal

Yes, all of which means you can only live in those far corners of 0.0 if you're on good terms with the entities living in between you and Jita. Which means NIPs, NAPs, coalitions and Bloobloobloo Donuts.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jm20 posted:

Deadtear, does Zapawork still have that enormous goonbeard? How your life going post goon love story anyhow

Probably? I moved to LA almost 3? years ago

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Solfrann posted:

Your posting makes this thread worth reading. And reminds me why I loved this game when I first started playing.

That is very kind of you!

And even more thanks to people who are giving me ISKs, I'm just inundated! Rock will be set for modules and drones and mining lasers for years to come! :)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Man pretty soon we are going to have to crash on bastion's couch.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Helicon One posted:

Yes, all of which means you can only live in those far corners of 0.0 if you're on good terms with the entities living in between you and Jita. Which means NIPs, NAPs, coalitions and Bloobloobloo Donuts.
I'd have thought there'd be an opportunity here to make those wormhole-attracting ihub upgrades worth a poo poo, so you could conceivably hold space in deep null and do your logistics/roaming via wormholes, with the risk that barbarians may periodically come screaming out of nowhere.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

That is very kind of you!

And even more thanks to people who are giving me ISKs, I'm just inundated! Rock will be set for modules and drones and mining lasers for years to come! :)

You say that, but some day you're going to want an exhumer, and then an orca, and then an alt and you'll realize that it's just a drop in the bucket comparatively

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LemonDrizzle posted:

I'd have thought there'd be an opportunity here to make those wormhole-attracting ihub upgrades worth a poo poo, so you could conceivably hold space in deep null and do your logistics/roaming via wormholes, with the risk that barbarians may periodically come screaming out of nowhere.

The risk is not worth the reward really. You can move some stuff through holes. And they are fickle.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

BR? BR! HUE HUE HUE

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 18, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

BR? BR! HUE HUE HUE

ajjajajajajajajjajajajajaja

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Do some skills have to be bought and injected? I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my mind around the process.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Do some skills have to be bought and injected? I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my mind around the process.

No, all skills can be "injected" via a skillbook you buy. You can buy a skill injector which gives you skillpoints to spend on whatever skills you want rather than spending time training that specific skill.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats a post that could fit in either the EVE thread or Crackhead Clubhouse

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if TCC posts are any indication of the process, you do it rectally

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

seems to be doing well

Lets look at two other regions where people 'live' in their space: Fountain and Querious, they arent blue with their neighbors but all moons, decent truesec, etc. have been divvied up and NIPS/NAPS put into place.

They small gang roam and shoot each other in frigates. These guys space is soo safe they can leave for months to come north and do the MBC thing.

In fact they have to leave their space to find 'fights' because nobody fights locally at least over anything that matters. Same as it ever was.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it's going to be ironic when the only place CFC still holds sov is the region that we abandoned a week into the war.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

VideoGames posted:

All skillbook have to be bought or acquired by some means.
You then inject said skillbook into your head.
Once the skill is injected and you meet the prerequieste, you can train it.

To train ityou can either train it naturaly (speed depend on your atributes/implants and skill modifier).
Or you can purchase a skill injector to inject skillpoints into your head then apply said skillpoints to your skill queue.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krogort posted:

All [b]skillbook[b] have to be bought or acquired by some means.
You then inject said skillbook into your head.
Once the skill is injected and you meet the prerequieste, you can train it.

To train it you can either train it naturaly (speed depend on your atributes/implants and skill modifier) or you can purchase a [b]skill injector[b] to inject skillpoints into your head then apply said skillpoints to your skill queue.

nice tags idiot

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

nice tags idiot

what are you talking about ?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Krogort posted:

what are you talking about ?

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also, since you are unlikely to be podded in highsec, you may want to check out some learning implants. They boost your attributes so you learn faster.

• Locked thread